Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Criticism: Mission Member Choice Highly Unfair!

AnnuGulAnnuGul Posts: 2
Hi,
I am extremely extremely extremely angry with the choice of players for missions. Now I am almost always competing with the players much much higher level than I am... resulting in me often loosing the missions. Right now I am in egg mission with players of level 167, 102, 101, 77 and 71 while I myself am on level 63. What sort of justice is this???? I always win when I get missions with matching level players. But now (like many recent missions) I am loosing it X(

GGS, please be sensible and define reasonable slots for competing players like 1st slot of members less than level 30, 2nd slot of members 31-45, 3rd for 46-60 and so on.... Or some other reasonable scheme instead of some rubbish random formula.

Please don't give me bogus reason that I must be doing good in missions so now I am being placed with hi-level players :( If this is the reason you got, then I must say that this is not a reward but a punishment for me :(

I am extremely annoyed.
Post edited by AnnuGul on

Comments

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 28.08.2015
    AnnuGul wrote: »

Please don't give me bogus reason that I must be doing good in missions so now I am being placed with hi-level players :( If this is the reason you got, then I must say that this is not a reward but a punishment for me :(

I am extremely annoyed.

Sorry but that IS the reason & it does increase your rewards. The matching system is not based on levels, it is based on performance. You might always win against people on your level, but whats the point of a victory if the rewards are low?.... Better to come 2nd in a mission where everyone has massive scores than it is to win a mission where the scores are low, you will win more rewards that way.

If you put up a minimal score in a few missions, you will get bumped down again, but as soon as you start to smash the opposition you are just gonna go back up.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 28.08.2015
    Added to scissors comment:
    See it from the bright side:
    The more all players in a mission harvest totaly, the more rp and certificates they all earns. :)
    So even you not be nr 1, you still earns both rp's and certs. - and also remember, be nr. 2 or 3 against stronger players, it's very possible you can earn more rp and certs. there, than you can get in a solo mission.
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 28.08.2015
    I must admit that the matching system is not good, a few nights ago our co-op had 3 members in the same mission, a lvl 30, lvl 61 and a lvl 136. As the lvl 30 and 61 had only been coming in 2nd and 3rd places and Yorkypoo on lvl 136 was hammering away, lvl 30 and lvl 61 were not playing GOOD. We were happy to get opponents and It would be nice to think that the lower lvl players were doing good.. but to place them with a level 136 !
    But this Is GGS and we are guaranteed two things, a good laugh and gold sales

Oh. and yes they all got lovely big rep totals
    Why are letters notappearing roprl .unedited
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 28.08.2015
    bikeboy wrote: »
    I must admit that the matching system is not good, a few nights ago our co-op had 3 members in the same mission, a lvl 30, lvl 61 and a lvl 136. As the lvl 30 and 61 had only been coming in 2nd and 3rd places and Yorkypoo on lvl 136 was hammering away, lvl 30 and lvl 61 were not playing GOOD. We were happy to get opponents and It would be nice to think that the lower lvl players were doing good.. but to place them with a level 136 !
    But this Is GGS and we are guaranteed two things, a good laugh and gold sales

Oh. and yes they all got lovely big rep totals
    Why are letters notappearing roprl .unedited

Exactly!..... if you stay in lower levels, sure you will keep getting #1 in missions, but there is no prize for getting #1 the most times, you are much better off being moved up with the big dawgs & getting more rewards, even if you finish #2 or #3, because the lower level players can`t post the high scores needed to get high rewards.
  • AnnuGulAnnuGul Posts: 2
    edited 28.08.2015
    Oh ok! I never noticed the amount of RPs and certs earned :)
    Thanx for clarifying...
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 30.08.2015
    I don't really mind playing against higher or lower levels. What I DO mind though, is getting back-to-back missions that are the same.
    Yesterday in a 3 hour period I got Eggs three times in a row then Wildflowers three times. This morning so far I have had 3 wildflowers in a row. Come on, at least make it interesting by switching it up better.
  • NegunuUser (GB1)NegunuUser (GB1) Posts: 10
    edited 30.08.2015
    MRG12 wrote: »
    I don't really mind playing against higher or lower levels. What I DO mind though, is getting back-to-back missions that are the same.
    Yesterday in a 3 hour period I got Eggs three times in a row then Wildflowers three times. This morning so far I have had 3 wildflowers in a row. Come on, at least make it interesting by switching it up better.

Yup, I have had this too! Actually had 4 wildflowers missions in a row, and no one on the market wanting them. Also had 3 dung missions in a row, guess it is so that you spend gold to get a score of any kind as the only thing coming to harvest during the 2nd and 3rd missions was the chickens.

Like the coop challenge , just a bit of variety in missions would be more enjoyable than the same thing over and over.
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 30.08.2015
    It's not all about levels. Players have maxed books, humus, seaweed, and gold.
  • Porkies (INT1)Porkies (INT1) Posts: 103
    edited 30.08.2015
    There will always be someone with way more money to burn than the next guy...get use to it..its GGS were talkin bout here.... so....Giddy up!!!!
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 30.08.2015
    Well I don't even care who I'm matched with anymore. Sometimes I get put up against a farm with 20 chicken coops and 12 cow sheds. (I have 4 and 5.) When I see that I don't even bother trying to push a harvest. What's the point? I just take what ever I earn and move on. It will add up eventually.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 30.08.2015
    NegunuUser wrote: »
    Also had 3 dung missions in a row, guess it is so that you spend gold to get a score of any kind as the only thing coming to harvest during the 2nd and 3rd missions was the chickens.

And the goats :)
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 31.08.2015
    While the matchmaking system still has some problems at times, for the most part it works pretty well and absolutely as intended - if you're doing well in your missions, you usually will be put against other players with a similar output rate. Yes, there are flukes and sometimes you may be lost in a fight between players way higher (or lower) level as you are, and this is something we're still working on. The vast majority of missions should work fine though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file