Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

This is a farm knot a freak show

kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
Forgive me for the title but I am looking at different peoples farm and have made an observation. Is this really a farm anymore?

The reason I asked is because I have been around the country and never seen on farms things like galactic gardens, viking ships, Fairy Castles, etc.

My main farm is an example and that is why I am gradually taking off all non Farming related decos, etc

I know this is a pet peeve but am wondering how many people agree with me.
Post edited by kbahr007 (US1) on

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 29.08.2015
    I know exactly what you mean, kbahr. Some farms look like some kind of bizarre theme park. I just go with the flow and shove all the non-farm related decos to one side so that the rest looks normal. Unfortunately, things won't change. A lot of players like the oddball stuff and there aren't enough farm related decos that have the high happiness values the weird stuff has. :(
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 29.08.2015
    which is why i am getting rid of all farm related decos. I am going to attempt to start putting the correct decos on and use the landscape architect to make them high value. 2 things i would like to see happen is 1 a farming event similar to the main 5 for farming only, and number 2, since i have a coop that is not doing anything, have members that have members with the same philosophy
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 29.08.2015
    I actually think the opposite though, like it'd be cool if they'd also make a futuristic temporary farm called, kepler farm maybe too with space crops and idk alien stables :rolleyes:
    edited 29.08.2015
    That would be fine with me but not as the main farm, a fourth farm could be like you want it, Something we could purchase like the gourmet far or flower farm, but as i said before the main 3 farms are the ones I am referring to. I just hate looking at a farm and seeing everything from a fairy tale castle to a viking ship.
    edited 29.08.2015
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    That would be fine with me but not as the main farm, a fourth farm could be like you want it, Something we could purchase like the gourmet far or flower farm, but as i said before the main 3 farms are the ones I am referring to. I just hate looking at a farm and seeing everything from a fairy tale castle to a viking ship.

well you do have a point about fairy tale towers, i have always hated them too... and the ships i like but yea kinda doesnt make sense being in a farm...
    but you know what's worse than those? these trophies from coop event. my main farm is starting to look like some soccer coach office, which i dont really like but the cost of upgrades is insane for lower decos so no choice for me until i get super rich ;(
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 30.08.2015
    I agree about the Trophies & they are huge, especially if you have one next to a water tower. The other decos that make me cringe are sandcastles & snowglobes, they by far look the most out of place on a farm.... Oh & not forgetting the oasis of Idleness *super cringe*
    edited 30.08.2015
    The only thing now for me is rebuying some of the basic farm decos, even gold decos that are actual items found on farms, I went wild with the landscape architect and now it hasd bitten me on the butt
  • Cookiie4meCookiie4me Posts: 655
    edited 30.08.2015
    I made 3 themes for my farms since we have such strange decos. My flower farm is very unreal; all pink houses and the cartoonish decos from the bunnies to the snowglobes. My gourmet farm has all beach/water related decos. And my Main farm is controlled by the aliens; all decos are normal looking (boxes, water pumps, campgrounds) except for the spheres. See the aliens will come, but until then, they want everyone fooled by simple decos.

I need a life .... lololol
  • emilylennox (US1)emilylennox (US1) Posts: 217
    edited 30.08.2015
    I agree like the ones from the 30 day ones.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 30.08.2015
    I hate to be the debbie downer here but nothing here is realistic. The farms aren't real...we have virtual farms. If you want realistic then maintain a real farm. This is a game! So what if people want fairytale towers or alien spheres on their farm? We have the choice to do what we want.

If you don't want certain things on your farm then make a change. When it comes to the farms of others...well you should keep your nose where it belongs. We all have different likes and dislikes but we can't tell others what they can like or not.

What is the point in this thread?
    edited 30.08.2015
    jess_d wrote: »
    I hate to be the debbie downer here but nothing here is realistic. The farms aren't real...we have virtual farms. If you want realistic then maintain a real farm. This is a game! So what if people want fairytale towers or alien spheres on their farm? We have the choice to do what we want.

If you don't want certain things on your farm then make a change. When it comes to the farms of others...well you should keep your nose where it belongs. We all have different likes and dislikes but we can't tell others what they can like or not.

Debbie, I think that saying if someone wants a realistic farm, they should get a real one is a tad excessive lol 8|

I do agree that other people`s farms are none of our business & I really don`t care what anyone else has on their farm, I don`t even mind having fairy tale towers & giant bunnies on my gourmet & flower farms, but personally I would like my main farm to look like a farm, maybe I am weird like that, but like you say its our choice.

My problem is that I am a practical type & I would like to get the decos with the best default happiness & then improve them with Greta, but the best ones are the main ones on the temporary farms & the coop trophy (& slightly less the 78s on the weekly events) & NONE of those have farm related decos. I don`t want to get a sand palace or a giant snowglobe & then invest a fortune on it with Greta, because I would still hate it.

If GGS would make just one temporary farm with awesome farm decos, (I`d be happy with a *shed, cartwheels, even a wheelbarrow, it doesn`t have to be anything outrageous) I would go all out in that event to win them & happily pay Greta millions to get them up to 8hps. I know I am not the only one, GGS is missing an opportunity there imo.

*The shed we have already is one of my fave decos, I wish it was 5x5 & higher starting value.;(
    edited 30.08.2015

So your point is to come on here and demean me?

I made a point simple and very honest.

Bottom line read what I said and add a comment that means something.

If you do not have anything meaningful to say then don't comment.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 30.08.2015
    And calling other farms freakshows is not demeaning at all?

You made a point, she made a point. Don't whine and be offended if someone doesn't agree with you.
  • Eatalot (GB1)Eatalot (GB1) Posts: 5
    edited 30.08.2015
    Hello!

This has been bugging me for awhile, it's not decor related but it's topic related I guess...

Donkey stable!? Just how many petting farms are we supplying, or are they going to a even bigger farm some where else? Really, donkeys? donkeys.... on gourmet farm... :/

-Eat
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 30.08.2015
    I agree about the Trophies & they are huge, especially if you have one next to a water tower. The other decos that make me cringe are sandcastles & snowglobes, they by far look the most out of place on a farm.... Oh & not forgetting the oasis of Idleness *super cringe*

I more or less agree with most of the posts here, on both sides... the farms don't look realistic, but the game is not exactly realistic either... and I see both sides, and I think its just a matter of taste. The landscaper DOES offer a new found freedom (to some extent) to allow people to use the deco's they like (at a cost), which is great...

That said... I love the Oasis of Idleness. it used to have a central spot on my main farm surrounded by Apples Orchards, until it wasn't good enough, and I swapped it out. At the time for a lone Co-op Cherry Tree, and eventually a 9th apple orchard. Of course shortly after that... the Landscaper came out. Sigh. And now (Yes this is my own fault) I am too used to the 9th Apple Orchard to go back.

Oasis of Idleness Super Awesome and NOT at all cringe worthy! :)

-Y
  • GoodFarmer88 (INT1)GoodFarmer88 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 36
    edited 30.08.2015
    Oh, finally someone said it :D If I understood well, you're people who would like to have more 'farm-like' decorations? I mean, really, alien ball, or what it was, dragon, LAVA, etc... ? I can not reduce production costs so much (around 60-70%), because of variety of decorations like this. No hard feelings to others that like those, but I think that I'm not in majority here, so you're still on the better side.
    I couldn't wait to put Shed f.e. to farm, I thought it's much bigger, now it sits there like a dog house, just there's no dog. Also, Farmer's luck and pride are great, and I like trees very much. So, I'm waiting for small forest (don't remember name) in camping event, I wasn't level 45 in previous one.
    And, I'm seeing that some of you can easily visit farms from others, do you search their names (i've tried, but there wasn't match), or you can somehow visit them from their profile or is there some way that I don't know? thanks :) *i can only visit other farms when it's mission time, and there's a button for visiting
    edited 30.08.2015
    Debbie, I think that saying if someone wants a realistic farm, they should get a real one is a tad excessive lol 8|
    LOL I know but the OP says "The reason I asked is because I have been around the country and never seen on farms things like galactic gardens, viking ships, Fairy Castles, etc." Comparing real farms to virtual farms is silly IMO.
    So your point is to come on here and demean me?

I made a point simple and very honest.

Bottom line read what I said and add a comment that means something.

If you do not have anything meaningful to say then don't comment.

No, my point is not to come on here and demean you. I find it very rude that you are calling other farms freak shows. You know, those decos were the best decos to have before Greta came along. Not everyone has millions of dollars to upgrade smaller decos. Maybe some people are proud of their fairytale towers, alien spheres, etc. because it shows they were successful in completing that event. Who knows, maybe they struggled for a long time before they were able to accomplish their goal? Now their farm is a freak show? My point is...Don't worry about what other people have on their farms.

Oh and last time I checked, you do not get to tell me when and where to post! Don't get your panties in a wad just because I don't agree with you!
  • Porkies (INT1)Porkies (INT1) Posts: 103
    edited 30.08.2015
    LOL @ Panties ina wad.....wedgie time for the op.....Giddy up!!!!
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 30.08.2015
    This is a farm not a freak show

Um no and no. It's not a farm, it's not a freak show.

It's a computer game.

(just a little reality check here.)
    edited 30.08.2015
    this is just a discussion thread imo, it is not exactly in the suggestion/criticism section anyway, so what's the point of saying what's the point of it? I mean well i was enjoying reading other ppl's opinions, agree or disagree, at least this was a innovative and creative thread imo where ppl were sharing their ideas and opinions about decos and such.
    not sure why you guys started fighting suddenly though honestly :S
  • Cookiie4meCookiie4me Posts: 655
    edited 30.08.2015

And, I'm seeing that some of you can easily visit farms from others, do you search their names (i've tried, but there wasn't match), or you can somehow visit them from their profile or is there some way that I don't know? thanks :) *i can only visit other farms when it's mission time, and there's a button for visiting

You can look at anyone's farm as long as you are on the same server. You can only look at farms on the WWW server. Go to Multi-Player features (4th tab on the bottom of your game screen), click rankings, and type in the farmer's name. When the farmer comes up on the list, double-click his name and his player info screen will pop up. On that pop-up there is a button to Visit Farm. Good Luck! :rolleyes:
    edited 30.08.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »

-Y
    I like it too! I have 2 on my main farm. ;)
    Griffith wrote: »
    this is just a discussion thread imo, it is not exactly in the suggestion/criticism section anyway, so what's the point of saying what's the point of it?
    Is the point of this thread to see how many people will agree with the OP about farms with non farm related decos are a freak show? Clearly, he can't handle someone disagreeing.
    Or is the point of this thread to suggest more farm like decos?
    I asked a simple question and obviously the OP cannot or will not answer. He seems to think I shouldn't post here if I disagree. :p
    edited 30.08.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »

-Y

It reminds me of Tracy Island, I had one on my main farm for a while & everytime I saw it I expected it to open up & Thunderbird I to come flying out LOL smiley-laughing021.gif
  • GoodFarmer88 (INT1)GoodFarmer88 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 36
    edited 30.08.2015
    *Well, thank you, Cookie! :) Didn't know I can't go to farms on other servers, guess that's the reason their names were not even listed when I typed in search box (?). Some players uploaded screenshots of their farms, and some were very nice ( with a lot of forest, f.e. :) ), I wanted to see more. So, maaany unavailable farms for me then.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 30.08.2015
    If it was possible, I would best like have my farms looking like real farms :)
    - and a real farm don't need several hundred workers and a little city of houses for the workers (at least not in Denmark), and not eighter a lot of decorations taking up place which have better to use to production.

But as Jess_d says: This is not real life, it's game!
    When I choose deco's I first choose for how much happiness they gives related to how much place they takes up on my farm.
    But I also choose deco's after how high they are are... I don't like to have big high deco's as eg. fairy tale towers in front of a production building, because that's in my way when I have to empty and start the production building.
    edited 30.08.2015
    Is the point of this thread to see how many people will agree with the OP about farms with non farm related decos are a freak show? Clearly, he can't handle someone disagreeing.
    Or is the point of this thread to suggest more farm like decos?
    I asked a simple question and obviously the OP cannot or will not answer. He seems to think I shouldn't post here if I disagree. :p

I myself as a master of causing misunderstandings alot in this game ( :rolleyes: ), can only say idk what the main purpose of OP of this thread was, but the discussion kinda was interesting still, I mean well for example if you read my first posts you see I have mentioned for example that I personally like the viking ships "but I agreed with OP" that they don't really fit the theme of this game or our main farms kinda. yet that doesn't mean I will start running a petition to remove the ships though, it's more of a opinion-sharing/brain-storming session for the upcoming with new ideas regarding future decorations in this game i think(and also reading other ppl's ideas about their farm themes and such too which is always interesting for me in this game).
    but why do i say it is a discussion and not a petition is because:
    1- if that was the case then the OP would probably make a "criticism" thread on the other section of forum, and mainly "direct his words and reasoning toward GGS", unlike the first post of this thread and even the title of it, which more seems to "be mainly directed toward players and inviting them to share their opinions too about the matter". I may be wrong though ofc only the OP himself/herself knows.
    2- such criticism if be in "general" form will never be accepted neither by players or GGS anyway. what I mean by general is like "OH GGS remove all decos, make new farm related ones", this is absurd. but from a "general" opposition and discussion there can be resulted some good conclusions though. let me make an example:

while there can never be a petition for removing all old/current decos and turning them all to farm related ones or such due to infinite different preferences of players, yet from a discussion thread like this, some good conclusions such as "majority may agree that trophy deco from coop challenge is getting too annoying anymore" and while that doesn't mean to "remove" that deco, it can instead mean to ask GGS to make some new ones with more farm themes (say for example 1 coop challenge = trophy, next coop challenge = a fancy tree deco, then trophy again and such), to satisfy a wider range of players' preferences.

anyways though that is again also just my own opinion, and my understanding from this thread only.
    one thing I can say for sure is, such a general thing as "oy GGS go remove all non-farm related decos NOW" can not be considered a criticism and is just an opinion and it won't ever get enough support to convince GGS for a change anyway. yet still from 1 simple complaint like this and the further discussions about it by players, it can result in specific things like "Petition to ask GGS to make more different decos(with farming theme) or rotate-able prizes, for specific event" which may actually be considered and changed by GGS.
    edited 31.08.2015
    Get over it Jess it was a generalized statement about all farms in general, which i explained I fell into.I stated the remedy which i plan on taking. I never stated that GGS needs to remove anything. Get your facts straight.
  • emilylennox (US1)emilylennox (US1) Posts: 217
    edited 31.08.2015
    I agree but why is it a big deal?
  • Porkies (INT1)Porkies (INT1) Posts: 103
    edited 31.08.2015
    ego and testosterone ....Giddy up!!!!
    edited 31.08.2015
    Get over it Jess it was a generalized statement about all farms in general, which i explained I fell into.I stated the remedy which i plan on taking. I never stated that GGS needs to remove anything. Get your facts straight.

I never said you did! Now you're making up stuff. :p

Anyway, I said what I had to say. Have a good day! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file