Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Gifting limitation

proba (INT1)proba (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27
Hi everyone.

I hope that I'm posting this in a right place. I have one suggestion, although it's more like a question to people responsible for the game.

What interests me is next. When I try to gift someone with more than three gifts on the same farm, I get a message, "You have already gifted this player enough.", or something like that.
Can anyone clarify why is that so? It's not that you get some big advantage with those gifts, so that you have to limit it like that and you can anyhow put some more when player collects one from before.

My wish is to light whole farm of certain player, when there's a reason for that and I don't like being limited. Is there any possibility that you'll deal with that, especially now when we're able to earn nice amounts of karma points?

P.S.
I'm talking about nice gifts, not about those naughty ones.
Post edited by proba (INT1) on

Comments

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 24.08.2015
    Hey Pero6,

we've limited the amount of times you can apply gifts due to our game's Balancing.

Just imagine a cooperative buying tons of gifts and all applying them to one another 24/7 during a coop championship. If there were no limitation or cooldown in place, they would gather a significant advantage.

Other events and permanent application of boosters on low level farms (that should not be boosted permanently as to be able to actually learn to play the game by themselves) also come to mind.

Does it make more sense now?

Cheers,
    Steffi
  • proba (INT1)proba (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27
    edited 24.08.2015
    Hi Steffi,
    thank you for your response.

We had discussion about it in our cooperative and we came to same conclusion.

It can all be regulated though, but it requests some more work to be done and I'm pretty sure this is nowhere on list of priorities unfortunately.

There was a case when one of our coop members had a birthday and I wanted to make his whole farm shiny. I've managed to include other members in that process, but we still weren't able to make his whole farm shiny. I'd do that myself, but because of that limitation, I wasn't able to do so. It was a little frustrating that we/I weren't/wasn't able to realize that idea.

Maybe if there'd be some one day event, every now and then, during which we'd be able to gift someone as much as we want? How does that sound? Is it too unrealistic to expect something like that? Or some new type of gift that just makes that sparkling effect. That'd be satisfying as well.

Best regards,
    Pero
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 26.08.2015
    Pero6 wrote: »

There was a case when one of our coop members had a birthday and I wanted to make his whole farm shiny.

That is such a sweet idea! :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 26.08.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Hey Pero6,

we've limited the amount of times you can apply gifts due to our game's Balancing.

Just imagine a cooperative buying tons of gifts and all applying them to one another 24/7 during a coop championship. If there were no limitation or cooldown in place, they would gather a significant advantage.

Other events and permanent application of boosters on low level farms (that should not be boosted permanently as to be able to actually learn to play the game by themselves) also come to mind.

Does it make more sense now?

Cheers,
    Steffi

How is buying tons of gold in a hot deal during an event to gain a significant reputation points advantage any different? That doesn't affect the games balancing because GGS profit from it?

I don't think there should be a gifting limit especially when there's a reason (birthday) for gifting in the first place. It seems limits are only placed when players have come up with a strategy that outsmarts the developers of the game.....unfair.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 26.08.2015
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    It seems limits are only placed when players have come up with a strategy that outsmarts the developers of the game.....unfair.

Exactly how is it unfair that the game developers of a game in the progress of being developed changed the rules so the game better suits their image of how the game should be played?

I can't think of a single sport that didn't add 'New rules' to ban performance enhancing drugs (except maybe any sports developed after performance enhancing drugs). And most of those sports are well and truly established, much less in the middle of being developed.

-Y
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 26.08.2015
    This isnt a sport, its a farming sim game and the performance enhancing drugs in this case (hot deals, rep buying, gold etc) significantly affect the results in events and competitions. So saying there's limits on gifting for balancing purposes is a bit farcical in my opinion since there's so many elements in the game already having this effect.

If gifting is limited and GGS is so concerned about keeping things fair and on a level playing field then there should be a limit on rep point buying and gold use. The existence of skipping using gold will always give the gold buyer a significant advantage in competition so I dont see why gifting being unlimited would be such a big issue?
  • GGS is being very silly with this idea.  Imagine all the gold our lovely, helpful, sweet, loving-to-gift players would buy that Do Not Like the buy Rep pts. offers, but would help others???

I know lots of the Halloween special treats were purchased.....

Just sayin.. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file