Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Length & Frequency of Coop Championship

Comments

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 26.08.2015
    I find the whole concept very boring and quite pointless. The rewards are not really worth the effort, and how many co-op apples or cherries can one farm hold?
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 26.08.2015
    We more or less skipped the last one, just doing a mission here and there when we wanted. I hardly have done missions since and I have building time open, so I think we'll do one again.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 26.08.2015
    bdreish wrote: »
    I find the whole concept very boring and quite pointless. The rewards are not really worth the effort, and how many co-op apples or cherries can one farm hold?

Well said! My group has already won a few times and that is good enough for us. Now we just play for the rewards along the way and try not to get involved in the pointless fighting over rankings.......its an apple orchard, not worth it.
  • emilylennox (US1)emilylennox (US1) Posts: 217
    edited 26.08.2015
    I would ignore it but i would be letting my team down.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 26.08.2015
    Me and my team are ignoring it together ;)
    If some one wants to do missions, they have a right , if some one don't want to, it is their right too ;)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 26.08.2015
    Dara15 wrote: »
    Me and my team are ignoring it together ;)
    If some one wants to do missions, they have a right , if some one don't want to, it is their right too ;)

I am trying to do the same with my coop Dara! Only playing it once every 3 months seems good enough for us.

The rewards are all the same, and the winners are already known (within and outside the coop)....

On the Astralian server the 2 top coops already made a deal to play once every other Challenge, Coop A this month and Coop B next month; so they don't have to play that often but still will secure their 2 first places at the top of the rankings.
  • ingse1 (GB1)ingse1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 32
    edited 26.08.2015
    Have there been made some changes to the Challenge this time ? The announsement on the skn server say that the best coop win a cherryorchard and a trophy.
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    edited 26.08.2015
    It says the same on the en server too !
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 26.08.2015
    It's been saying that for 3-4 championships. Top prize in the rewards is a Trophy. Top prize for 1st place is a co-op apple orchard and top 10 places get the co-op cherry.
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 26.08.2015
    I might be giving it a miss this time, there only about 4 of us that can get more than just a few thousand rep points. i like to do my part so all my co-op, including the little level 12's get as many rewards as possible. We have mentioned that every two weeks, in fact every month is too often, but our opinions just get laughed at and we get comments like we want to keep you on your toes and not get bored.. we all know GGS are wanting to make money, nothing wrong with that, but their greed is ruining the game.
    What were the rewards before ? top 10 got cherry orchard and trophy and 1st got apple orchard as well ? or was trophy for finishing last level ? I think the TOP co-ops are getting the trophy after about 3 -4 days then spending all their energy trying to stay at the top, making it run longer is not to help the smaller co-ops get a trophy, its to get the gold sales from the ones at the top. As the buy gold get boosters prove..
    Opps sorry duffy, was typing while you posted
    I have gone back to playing games on another site, who i used to think were too greedy, but I only get asked to "buy Gold" in a message and the "gold sales" only pop up every few days, however you can go to the "bank" or "shop" to get more gold or buy the deals WHEN YOU WANT TO. Therefore i can play for hours/days without any annoying pop ups asking me to buy or use gold. ( and of course no "accidental" purchases )
  • Mammas Baby (US1)Mammas Baby (US1) US1 Posts: 45
    edited 26.08.2015
    I am sick of the whole coop challenge all together ...... i am sure 10,000 plus others are too.... come on ggs please do away with it and just give us a 4th perm farm!
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 26.08.2015
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    Well said! My group has already won a few times and that is good enough for us. Now we just play for the rewards along the way and try not to get involved in the pointless fighting over rankings.......its an apple orchard, not worth it.
    Its worth a fortune to GGS, look at almost everything that has GOLD involved and they all appear more often, we used to have a break between events, now we lucky if its an hour, the wheel is now appearing within 4 -5 days of going. oh but wait piggles.. do not need gold.. that does not appear every week. Of course the more they run at the same time, the more probability of using gold to complete at least one "event". Never mind though the end is near !

Bubbles I started doing the missions
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 28.08.2015
    bikeboy wrote: »
    Its worth a fortune to GGS, look at almost everything that has GOLD involved and they all appear more often, we used to have a break between events, now we lucky if its an hour, the wheel is now appearing within 4 -5 days of going. oh but wait piggles.. do not need gold.. that does not appear every week. Of course the more they run at the same time, the more probability of using gold to complete at least one "event". Never mind though the end is near !

Bubbles I started doing the missions

Thats true but my group refuses to buy hot deals during the challenge. Its something we have all agreed on from the moment it started and its held true until now. So while GGS are making money from this event i'm not contributing to it at all. When the time comes and I feel like buying more gold i'll do it because I want to, not because GGS is constantly throwing these types of events to entice people into doing so. The hard worker event is a much better system in my opinion and thats the one that needs to come more often.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 29.08.2015
    I know there will be people who think it should be shorter or longer, but it is never the same. I find it really hard to motivate my coop members when this keeps happening. I get messages asking why it is shorter, and I have no answer. It has been 5 days sometimes and even 9 days once. I don't know how we are supposed to train for a target if it keeps moving.
  • edited 30.08.2015
    I think something has to change for next time, I used to love the challenge but this time I just think players are getting bored with the same old thing, it needs a total revamp to get people interested in taking part same old prizes, lets do a no gold use one and see which co-op's really deserve to be called number 1 co-op, I use gold but even I have lost interest this time and I'm supposed to be the leader of our co-op, its depressing to see how much players seem to have lost interest in something that we all used to really enjoy taking part in, we are ranked 5th in co-op league so if we are loosing interest what does that say for the lower league co-ops its time for change or challenge will be pointless in future as no one will bother to play it, just my opinion GGS change things or watch this part of your game die off
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 30.08.2015
    Why cant they alternate missions better? Yesterday in a 3 hour period I had 3 egg missions in a row, then 3 Wildflowers in a row. This morning I am on my 3rd Wildflower mission in a row again. Come on, this is not fun.
  • I think something has to change for next time, I used to love the challenge but this time I just think players are getting bored with the same old thing, it needs a total revamp to get people interested in taking part same old prizes, lets do a no gold use one and see which co-op's really deserve to be called number 1 co-op, I use gold but even I have lost interest this time and I'm supposed to be the leader of our co-op, its depressing to see how much players seem to have lost interest in something that we all used to really enjoy taking part in, we are ranked 5th in co-op league so if we are loosing interest what does that say for the lower league co-ops its time for change or challenge will be pointless in future as no one will bother to play it, just my opinion GGS change things or watch this part of your game die off
    GGS would NEVER do a no gold event.  You would really see who the better co op r and who REALLY deserves the no1 position, but never happen.
  • My Co-Op held back this Championship. We also helped a lower Co-Op get the trophy for their first time., I feel the Championships are coming too close together. We all need time to upgrade our farms and get a few special seeds and some Humus. I don't usually buy gold because it isn't in my budget. Lately I have, just to help grow my farm a little quicker. It is unsettling how greedy GGS has gotten. They want more and more money.
    Also, what is the deal with some getting video's and free gold and others don't. What kind of favoritism is this? How did they determine who gets the video's? 
    Feeling overwhelmed and left out
  • Well this isn't normal, I actually have some criticism, which hardly ever happens.
    When the Co-op Challenge first came out, I loved it, thought it was the greatest and funnest idea ever. But now after (Insert number of co-op challenges here because I can't remember exactly how many there have been) I am just bored and tired of it. Mostly because it comes around so often. It is no longer special because it comes every two weeks which is far to close together. There is hardly enough time to make more special seeds for the next go around.

I really do hope that maybe GGS will put the challenge back to being at least a month apart (longer would be fine to). Because when you have to wait for something, it gives you something to look forward to, and it makes you want to enjoy it more while it is here.

~Space~
  • Seems to me that once before, BF ran the CC back-to-back and people COMPLAINED!

But, here they are doing it again.

Yet another example of BF, not learning from its mistakes or listening to its players.

ETA:  I don't really have a question, but with this new, lousy forum there seems to be no good way to actually post a comment about anything, anywhere, anymore.
  • Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    Again!!!

Please, did you change something there GGS?

Did you try may be to change some rewards or add some decos,....... whatever?

We think that we start to be bored by the same competition repeated at short period of time without to bring something new.

• Watches Brave Ana talking to a brick wall.....GGS are experts at repeating money grabbing bugs, opps i mean competitions.
  • I hate to complain but the cooperative championships more than once a month with volumes of missions is just way too much.  Especially when it goes a week starting during the week when many are working real jobs that enable them to buy gold from you.  It should be no more than  a month apart from the end of one  championship to starting another or even better, quarterly, but most certainly not bi-weekly.   We understand you GGS want more money but pushing people like this only burns your paying customers out and you will end up losing players who begin to think of the game more like work than pleasure.   GGS is beginning to look like slave drivers for profit.   :)

Please consider your customers who also help make the game successful.

Respectfully,
    Thirtyplus

• I think it is ok to have a challenge like this. (well if we could win that would be great!)

p.s. please be careful about your opinion if you comment on my comment.  :)

Thanks
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I think GGS are onto very good earner via the seaweed hot deal,people buy that to win missions and do well in HW so why not run both back to back  (HW + CC) Sell more seaweed hot deals because people keep running out of it by just trying to compete. Gone are days of this been a relaxing farming game.:D :(
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 26.10.2015
    Again!!!

Please, did you change something there GGS?

Did you try may be to change some rewards or add some decos,....... whatever?

We think that we start to be bored by the same competition repeated at short period of time without to bring something new.

They did change something Ana.  They now have added the Ghost 'trick'.  I am sure in the pitch meeting, it went something like this... 

"You see, the Co-op's tired of being #2 or 3 in the Co-op challenge, will buy up the ghost tricks, to use on the #1 co-op they are tired of seeing win all the time.  (Chs-ching!) And then the #1 team, either anticipated the problem and bought their own Ghosts to use in retaliation (cha-ching), or will have to spend MORE rush gold to keep up with their old pace and hold onto first place (cha-ching!)."

I can tell you right now, I will be casually playing this next Co-op championship, and if anyone wants to Ghost me, feel free.  I'll just take the day off...  After peppering your farm with tricks I bought way back when I was a Co-op leader, to defend my Co-op.  :)

-Y
  • Yakoska, you missed out a few cha chings in that post.
    With regards the tricks, I bought a lot of the clovers to give as gifts when members level up, yes i clicked on the clovers, but i ended up with tricks. Ok for benefit of doubt I could have pressed the wrong side once ! but not 4 different items and about 20 times, Of course its a nice little "bug" to use up our Karma points and entice us to use Gold !
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    They did change something Ana.  They now have added the Ghost 'trick'.  I am sure in the pitch meeting, it went something like this... 

"You see, the Co-op's tired of being #2 or 3 in the Co-op challenge, will buy up the ghost tricks, to use on the #1 co-op they are tired of seeing win all the time.  (Chs-ching!) And then the #1 team, either anticipated the problem and bought their own Ghosts to use in retaliation (cha-ching), or will have to spend MORE rush gold to keep up with their old pace and hold onto first place (cha-ching!)."

I can tell you right now, I will be casually playing this next Co-op championship, and if anyone wants to Ghost me, feel free.  I'll just take the day off...  After peppering your farm with tricks I bought way back when I was a Co-op leader, to defend my Co-op.  :)

-Y
    Yakoska, you've hit the nail on the head.  Not only the ghost trick, however, the change seeds 'gift'.  I can see that one being used a lot on players' special corn/WF.   

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The frequency of the Challenge is becoming exhausting and causing members to quit their coops.  I have heard this from other leaders as well.

GGS officials have said on more than one occasion that the challenge is very important to them.  OK.  I "get" that.  We need them to "get" that the frequency of that same old challenge with the same old rewards and the same old missions is literally causing members to throw up their hands and quit.  I have had several people lately that refused to join because of the challenge.  Coops that avoid the challenge are being formed.  How is this helping?

This is reaching a very critical threshold.  We need GGS to address this.
  • and we ALL know they wont
Sign In to comment.