Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Machine Expansion Suggestion

So we have the machines now, which are great, and they've even bee expanded once already for additional levels. It appears as if there is space for a couple more machines. So I'd like to suggest that GGS add 2-4 more machines; ones that allow you to gain extra happiness (like Retro Classic) and extra workers (like Crop Chopper) for the gourmet and flower farms. At least start with those for the gourmet farm, since it's been revamped to work more like the Main farm but with a café.

I don't think this change would be hard to implement, as the machines are already there, and would keep the awesome missioners continuing to do missions (I suspect many of the top weekly players are already close to having machines maxed out again LOL). What does everyone else think? Good idea?
Post edited by Amanda Maye4 on

Comments

• rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 12.07.2014
    It is a good idea. And as you say there does appear to be room for 2 more, and that without adding any pages. And we now have library books for the Gourmet Farm. Taking all that into account I wouldn't be surprised if GGS already agree with you :) and that is what those spaces for
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 12.07.2014
    I think it's a great idea though I bet it's already in the works. Otherwise, it's a dead-end feature. They will probably add a machine here and there to keep everyone interested. I would hope so at least.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 12.07.2014
    Ditto to everything said so far. I too, think this may be what GGS has in mind, because why else would they have different icons for the machine's designated area (Main Farm and Global)?
  • djgreeneyes (US1)djgreeneyes (US1) Posts: 1,766
    edited 12.07.2014
    I think this is a great suggestion, too! I'm sure we could all use a little more happiness and free workers for our Gourmet and Flower Farms.
  • sigma957 (US1)sigma957 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    edited 03.08.2014
    Personally, I think the machines are a ripoff and total waste of time. For me to upgrade 3 machines one level, I need live 1800 certificates. Last mission I did, I came in 2nd and got 8 lousy certificates. No way I'll ever get the certs I need, so its worthless to me.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 03.08.2014
    The main machine I like is for extra workers, I am at the point where I have gold houses and need to have workers til I can upgrade them, I use the extra workers for events that I need to have temporary structures like the pigstys (3 - 4) and do not have enough. definitely a good machine
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 03.08.2014
    i thing we need machines for other things too.like animals,fields and production.maybe a max of an additional 10% for each.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 03.08.2014
    sigma957 wrote: »
    Personally, I think the machines are a ripoff and total waste of time. For me to upgrade 3 machines one level, I need live 1800 certificates. Last mission I did, I came in 2nd and got 8 lousy certificates. No way I'll ever get the certs I need, so its worthless to me.

The level of the earthbreaker make a big difference how many certificates you get.
    I'll suggest you go for the level 7 earthbreaker, as the first machine to the top level. :)
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 03.08.2014
    i was planning on getting at least 10 extra workers from the machines first so i do not need to upgrade my gold houses right now, after that will be level 7 earthbreaker, it will give me a whole lot more certs during my missions
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 21.08.2015
    On the main farm, the retro and the crop chopper provide additional happiness and additional workers. This allows for fewer decorations and housing, and, as a result, more actual farming production. The Gourmet and Flower farms are increasingly used as a source for event items and market items. We badly need a Retro and Crop Chopper for those two farms in order to let those farms grow similarly to the main farm.
  • djgreeneyes (US1)djgreeneyes (US1) Posts: 1,766
    edited 21.08.2015
    Hi, Gavin! This is a good suggestion -- but my coop Team member, Amanda Maye, had it long ago, to no avail.

Here's the suggestion thread: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?115135-Machine-Expansion-Suggestion&highlight=machines

Sorry, I don't know how to turn it into a direct link.

Well - the Forum did it for me! LOL!

[Threads Merged | Wabbit]
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 21.08.2015
    I agree, we need machines on the other 2 farms, esp. happiness and workers.
    edited 21.08.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    The Gourmet and Flower farms are increasingly used as a source for event items and market items. We badly need a Retro and Crop Chopper for those two farms in order to let those farms grow similarly to the main farm.

I'm agree in the first part of this... And in a way also in the second part. :)
    But I'm not sure that fully enough with some extra machines for flower farm.

Since George's packing machine, and now in the latest update the market have been implementet in the game, my fully expanded and buildt up flower farm (except some of the architects levels*), can not produce enough to keep up with demand to supply the packing machine and the market.

I think it's time for have a rebuild of the flower farm where the fields and orchards must be smaller than they are now.

But there is one serious problem in it, if they make a rebuilt of the flower farm... How should we have time to build up a new flower farm? most of time our building workers are bussy building up a tempoary farm.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 21.08.2015

I think it's time for have a rebuild of the flower farm where the fields and orchards must be smaller than they are now.

But there is one serious problem in it, if they make a rebuilt of the flower farm... How should we have time to build up a new flower farm? most of time our building workers are bussy building up a tempoary farm.

You need them new half-size "Friendship meadows"
    I should have one in about 4 years time! Spongebob_zpsba2a8721.gif
    edited 21.08.2015
    You need them new half-size "Friendship meadows"
    I should have one in about 4 years time! Spongebob_zpsba2a8721.gif

Ohhh, yes, thank you for remind me about these half-size fields. :)

But since I have no 'friends' I can never get just one of them. :(
  • JanePlayer06 (US1)JanePlayer06 (US1) US1 Posts: 108
    edited 22.08.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    On the main farm, the retro and the crop chopper provide additional happiness and additional workers. This allows for fewer decorations and housing, and, as a result, more actual farming production. The Gourmet and Flower farms are increasingly used as a source for event items and market items. We badly need a Retro and Crop Chopper for those two farms in order to let those farms grow similarly to the main farm.

that is an excellent idea It only makes sense since the gourmet & flower farms are used so much more We already do lots of missions with the challenge, that would really help us to add more to the farms and not create a negative effect on the farms You want us to add lots of produce to the market, give us a chance to grow more produce so we can do that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file