Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 4th - The Market - Feedback and Questions

Comments

• Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 17.08.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    I just had the market to go up one more image. Notice the second side cart by the main cart and more fruit on the cart behind those.

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/gavinfarms/media/latestmarket4_zpsvyeyfh5l.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I believe this should be the one consistent with the dark blue squares.

Edit: Indeed so, this image is where dark blue boxes commence.

Doesn't look any different than mine, Gavin, And I don't have any contracts over Value 34 (green). Unless my eyes are failing me.

-Y
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 17.08.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    Doesn't look any different than mine, Gavin, And I don't have any contracts over Value 34 (green). Unless my eyes are failing me.

-Y

Yours is about 3 upgrades behind Gavin, unless its not loading for me.... Next you will get the bakery roof & the wheel on the hotdog cart, then a bigger flower stall & a 3rd tiki roof, then the one Gavin just got, which has the 2nd umberella stall next to the fruit vendor with the man..... They seem to go in order of farms, so Gavin should get something on the middle pair again next. :thumbup:
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 17.08.2015
    Yours is about 3 upgrades behind Gavin, unless its not loading for me.... Next you will get the bakery roof & the wheel on the hotdog cart, then a bigger flower stall & a 3rd tiki roof, then the one Gavin just got, which has the 2nd umberella stall next to the fruit vendor with the man..... They seem to go in order of farms, so Gavin should get something on the middle pair again next. :thumbup:

Ah indeed my eyes did fail me. Not unusual! Thanks Runs!

-Y
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 17.08.2015
    Good morning everyone,

we're currently still in the process of ironing out some of the remaining issues caused by our latest update. Unfortunately we cannot give an exact ETA on all fixes yet, but some will be covered with a small update tomorrow.
    There also seems to be a penalty to declining contracts. I wish they would give more detail.

There are 2 small penalties if you decline a contract:
    a) the contract goes into cooldown phase
    b) you lose a bit of your contract's progress for the next contract level. This malus quite fairly low, though, you can easily make up for it by finishing another contract of the same type and will still see progress towards the next contract level.

Contract types correspond with the amount of different goods you need to provide. Currently there are 12 types in total, 6 for regular contracts and 6 for limited contracts. If you level up regular contracts, no bonus is applied for limited contracts and vice versa.
    Griffith wrote: »
    so far I've managed to reach green colored (quality 1) contracts too but haven't seen any new bonus aside from the ones that has already been mentioned here before by other players.

The colors shown correspond with contract levels. This is just an indicator showing your progress and to give a quick overview with which contracts you can get the best bonuses.
    MRG12 wrote: »
    I am in the same situation, many many contracts filled over the last 2 days. Still looks exactly the same as the first day, and still only 2 contracts at a time offered. And I haven't seen the vendor once.

The vendor is unfortunately currently bugged for most players.

As for the amount of contracts you are having at the same time, you should be close to getting 4 contracts at a time. Maybe focus a little more on finishing contracts containing main farm products, they're currently the most efficient contracts to make progress with your market.
    Pameow wrote: »
    Is there any relationship between the lack of bakery contracts and the lack of level 3 market?

Bakery contracts indeed do not show often enough for some players. This causes the Gourmet Farm booth to be the least progressed. We're already looking into this and will make sure that there is not such a big discrepancy between the amount of Gourmet and Flower Farm products requested within contracts.

This should, however, not have any impact on your general progress with the market as a whole.
    Gwendolen wrote: »
    I get 2 contracts. I fill both and click on the truck, and then get one new one back, the other one has waiting time. If I fill only one and send the truck, I also get waiting time on one, but that seems more logical.

The amount of contracts that will always be available for you depends on your activity stage.

If you have 2-4 contracts, one contract will always be available (unless all contracts were declined). Once you reached 6 contract slots, 2 will always be available (unless declined).
    PSICOLIX12 wrote: »
    any1 taking notes on how many kind of contracts we have?? (carnival, school, park etc...)

As mentioned before, there are currently 12 contract types, dependent on the amount of goods that are being asked for and the attribute of being limited or regular.
    Question: I currently get 4 contracts. Is there an advantage in waiting until they are all fulfilled and then sending them all off at once? That's to say, is there a combination bonus?

There is no bonus applied if you send more than one finished contract with the truck. It just makes collecting and sending them all at once a little easier and Vicky only crashes half as often if you wait to send more. :P
    Te Aroha2 wrote: »
    You can decline the contracts you don't want to fill. It does not affect your progress to decline them.

It does affect your progress a little. However, you can easily make up for the small malus in progress you will have by fulfilling another contract of the same time. You shouldn't decline all contracts all the time, though, as this would definitely impact your progress in a negative way.
    I agree, decline them. I decline the vast majority of all contracts that come my way. And they will probably fix the quantity problems and the overuse of flower shop items.

Yes, the overuse of Flower Shop items will be looked into. :)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • Te Aroha (AU1)Te Aroha (AU1) Posts: 129
    edited 17.08.2015
    Thanks for the information Steffi :)
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 17.08.2015
    thanks Steffi, so there actually is another penalty regarding declining contracts that we didn't know of till now.(well gavin did guess it at some point though, but since it didn't have any big impact on the progress, our attention got diverted)
    well I am not happy about that though, specially with so many contracts asking for flower farm recipes with almost no bonus or very little bonus which won't make those items any worth anyway. so i guess even with this info my strategy still gonna remain same as it was. still thanks again for sharing the info :)

p.s. btw i noticed that the contracts that give extra prizes (horsehoe, xp, etc) give lower dollar for the products instead. and some even can be a "dollar-loss".
    I just had a contract that in total even with the bonus actually gave me 20k less than what the item worth raw selling(it was 6000 apples for 250k dollars and with bonus it gave me like 310k dollar total which was 20k less than 6000x56~330k normal selling price), but it had about 300 extra horseshoes though.so be a bit more careful regarding such offers, specially if you only care about dollars and not much care about other bonuses such as horseshoe or xp for example.

p.s.2. since i have reached light blue contracts btw i noticed I am getting the extra bonus contracts (contracts that give karma, horseshoe, etc) "more often" but the amount of those extra prizes hasn't gone up though, like for example still 10 karma point and about 300 horseshoe is the max i've gotten of such contracts. whether it was it non-colored, green-colored, or blue-colored quality. only they appear more often now.
  • Cookiie4meCookiie4me Posts: 655
    edited 17.08.2015
    Thanks for the update Steffi -- I am glad to hear Bakery contracts are coming to more of us.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 17.08.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Good morning everyone,

b) you lose a bit of your contract's progress for the next contract level. This malus quite fairly low, though, you can easily make up for it by finishing another contract of the same type and will still see progress towards the next contract level.

Contract types correspond with the amount of different goods you need to provide. Currently there are 12 types in total, 6 for regular contracts and 6 for limited contracts. If you level up regular contracts, no bonus is applied for limited contracts and vice versa.

Regards,
    Steffi

Can you please clarify in detail what the "contract types" are, as there are more then 12 contract names/customers just for regular contract. I assume contract customer names then have nothing to do with contract types?

Also, are individual contract types completely independent of each other in terms of their upgrade/degrade ? Can you be specific about upgrade/degrade ratio in terms of how many declines will "make up" for one fulfilled contract of the same type?

Do neighbours have zero effect on market developement?
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 17.08.2015
    @ Kamilcom ... Each contract can have 1-6 Items on it & there are Standard or Limited contracts, so wouldn`t that be the 12?
  • edited 17.08.2015
    Steffi, In your post you said:

What bonus are you referring to? Please clarify.

Thank You for the Update!!!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 17.08.2015
    Steffi,

One big question, that i did not see answered, centers on the absurd quantities. And let me slightly more clear in my examples, because I don't mind some of them. The centers around the difference between finished goods from the flower shop and raw materials. If I am asked for 4,000 almonds or 15,000 apples, while absurd, they are doable over time (less than a day) and the farm can go on. This is because the bakery has its own inventory of 10,000 units. So in the case of apples, I spend a whole day collecting 15,000 because my bakery (if fully stocked) can keep functioning. The flower shop does not have this. So, if I am asked for over a 1000 olive oil, or the jasmine and lavender extracts or the aloe vera gel, it can stop the flower shop from being able to keep going, because it does not have its inventory system like the bakery does.

Now this does not address the problem of absurd quantities for the "finished" flower shop goods, which are also a problem. 1600 honey cream or 1200 soaps are just too high. Apple and almond contracts can be done in a day with work because they are quicker and you can build more orchards. Some of these requests for "finished" flower shop goods would be take many days to manufacture, if you shut down using its raw materials for anything else. So they are just too high.
    edited 17.08.2015
    @ Kamilcom ... Each contract can have 1-6 Items on it & there are Standard or Limited contracts, so wouldn`t that be the 12?

Yes. That sounds logical. Re-reading Nafaru's post I assume that's exactly what she ment. Thanks. :) That word "amount" concealed this clear idea for me. :)
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 17.08.2015
    Cookiie4me wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Steffi -- I am glad to hear Bakery contracts are coming to more of us.

More Cookiies for you! ;)
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    Can you please clarify in detail what the "contract types" are, as there are more then 12 contract names/customers just for regular contract. I assume contract customer names then have nothing to do with contract types?

Also, are individual contract types completely independent of each other in terms of their upgrade/degrade ? Can you be specific about upgrade/degrade ratio in terms of how many declines will "make up" for one fulfilled contract of the same type?

Do neighbours have zero effect on market developement?

Scissors explained the contract types perfectly.
    They're individual from each other, names are not relevant. If you ditch one contract type over and over and over again, it will degrade while others remain the same or get upgrades if you fulfill those exclusively.

Upgrade/downgrade ratio varies from contract to contract and contract level to contract level.
    The malus is designed to always be very low compared to the amount of bonuses you can get towards the next contract level by fulfilling one contract. You would have to decline several contracts in order to lose a contract level.

Neighbors have no effect on market development.
    Steffi, In your post you said:

What bonus are you referring to? Please clarify.

Bonus refers to bonuses given for different contract levels.
    If you reach a higher contract level, the bigger your bonus will be. If you decline too many contracts of the same type, you might lose a level and your bonuses may decrease for said contract type.
    Now this does not address the problem of absurd quantities for the "finished" flower shop goods, which are also a problem. 1600 honey cream or 1200 soaps are just too high. Apple and almond contracts can be done in a day with work because the are quicker and you can build more orchards. Some of these requests for "finished" flower shop goods would be take many days to manufacture, if you shut down using its raw materials for anything else. So they are just too high.

Flower farm contracts appear a little too often at the moment, this will be addressed with an update tomorrow (more details to come).
    As for the duration of production processes: Some Flower farm and Gourmet farm products have a tendency of having longer production times.
    The bonuses for contract containing these goods and your gourmet/flower farm booth progression should reflect that. ;)

Regards,
    Steffi
    edited 17.08.2015
    Good morning everyone,

we're currently still in the process of ironing out some of the remaining issues caused by our latest update. Unfortunately we cannot give an exact ETA on all fixes yet, but some will be covered with a small update tomorrow.

Regards,
    Steffi

Steffi-

Looking up to (B) above. I can see why it was thought that this should be in the game to provide balance, but given the complexities of the game now versus a year or two ago and varying styles of farming, I would suggest that this penalty just be thrown out. The "randomness" of contract distribution should still solve the balancing concerns, without the penalty.
    More Cookiies for you! ;)

Scissors explained the contract types perfectly.
    They're individual from each other, names are not relevant. If you ditch one contract type over and over and over again, it will degrade while others remain the same or get upgrades if you fulfill those exclusively.

Upgrade/downgrade ratio varies from contract to contract and contract level to contract level.
    The malus is designed to always be very low compared to the amount of bonuses you can get towards the next contract level by fulfilling one contract. You would have to decline several contracts in order to lose a contract level.

Neighbors have no effect on market development.

Bonus refers to bonuses given for different contract levels.
    If you reach a higher contract level, the bigger your bonus will be. If you decline too many contracts of the same type, you might lose a level and your bonuses may decrease for said contract type.

Flower farm contracts appear a little too often at the moment, this will be addressed with an update tomorrow (more details to come).
    As for the duration of production processes: Some Flower farm and Gourmet farm products have a tendency of having longer production times.
    The bonuses for contract containing these goods and your gourmet/flower farm booth progression should reflect that. ;)

Regards,
    Steffi

To the last sentence......The bonuses quite clearly do not reflect that. If they did, that would ameliorate some concern. But quite clearly is not happening at the moment.

There are two other ways you could possibly chip away at this problem. One is a new level to each the flower shop and the distillery to reduce production times. Also, smaller meadows (since there is no real use of the "friendship meadow") to allow more meadows and more space overall for redesign by the user.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit or multi-quote button
  • edited 17.08.2015
    Steffi, Forgive me if you have answered this already, but when the neighbors return (I haven't seen any for days now.) are they going to be requesting less than our entire inventory of an item? Thank You.
  • lkline408 (US1)lkline408 (US1) Posts: 4
    edited 17.08.2015
    I agree. I probably decline 9 out of ten contracts as I don't want to "give away" my raw material, and on the contracts I accept I only make a 5% profit. Not really worth the time. And the "blind" purchases from the vendor have been a HUGE disappointment. Also, I haven't had a "neighbor" stop by in 3 days.
  • Bruce04 (US1)Bruce04 (US1) US1 Posts: 198
    edited 17.08.2015
    How about labeling the items that the "neighbors" want. Hard to differentiate between the different baskets and bakery items, especially for us who are getting old.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 17.08.2015
    Maybe you could read the Official Announcement yourself, Craftycritters!?

You can find it here.
  • edited 17.08.2015
    No word in this new Update for tomorrow on the request made by numerous people in the forum of moving those stalkers (neighbours) away from our farms to prevent accidental clicking. They are a total nuisance where they are now. No word either on the request of disabling them.

Were these taken into account, postponed, disregarded, rejected or.....?
    edited 17.08.2015
    Latten wrote:
    Market changes

Streamlined upgrade behaviour of the market. Improvements should now be faster to observe than before.
    Contracts
    Products should be more well-adjusted alltogether
    Flower farm products will show up less, especially the flower bouquet should be notably more rare
    Intermediate goods (e.g. essences of the Flower farm) also should appear less
    Bakery goods should appear more often
    Neighbors
    Neighbors appear again and demand less goods now
    Neighbors always give a small bonus on top of the selling price - even if they are served late.
    Neighbors only demand one product.
    Vendor
    The vendor now should have interesting items on sale more often.

there are still certainly some other things to do and say regarding this update to make it better
    but i will leave that to other players for now.

right now, after reading this announcement,
    I should first of all just say my thanks to GGS:

1- once again for adding this great new feature to game,
    2- for considering many players opinions and balancing the market even more.

so yep thanks GGS, and thanks Latten and Nafaru for keeping us updated and forwarding our opinions too. :thumbsup:

p.s. now if only you guys just increase goats milk a bit too... (yes i will keep complaining about this forever lol ) ;)
  • DuffyKid (US1)DuffyKid (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 17.08.2015
    lkline408 wrote: »
    I agree. I probably decline 9 out of ten contracts as I don't want to "give away" my raw material, and on the contracts I accept I only make a 5% profit. Not really worth the time. And the "blind" purchases from the vendor have been a HUGE disappointment. Also, I haven't had a "neighbor" stop by in 3 days.

The neighbour thing is bugged and will be fixed in an update tomorrow.

You might want to think about how many contracts you decline. This was posted elsewhere: "There are 2 small penalties if you decline a contract:
    b) you lose a bit of your contract's progress for the next contract level. This malus quite fairly low, though, you can easily make up for it by finishing another contract of the same type and will still see progress towards the next contract level. "
  • MollieGlitch (US1)MollieGlitch (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    edited 17.08.2015
    I hope I start getting neighbors and bonus values after tomorrow's fix.
    edited 17.08.2015
    Latten wrote
    "Flower farm products will show up less, especially the flower bouquet should be notably more rare."

I noticed the word "bouquet" is singular not plural, when there are in fact three bouquets, all of which are problems. Can someone please clarify if he meant all bouquets, or if only he meant only one, then which one?
    edited 17.08.2015
    Latten wrote
    "Flower farm products will show up less, especially the flower bouquet should be notably more rare."

I noticed the word "bouquet" is singular not plural, when there are in fact three bouquets, all of which are problems. Can someone please clarify if he meant all bouquets, or if only he meant only one, then which one?

well i think no one can really answer that question aside from Latten himself, but I personally think they have defined a "priority" system for it, so it is not about first bouquet, second bouquet or such, rather it will more probably be like:
    the lowest recipe having least chance of appearing,...,the highest recipe having most chance of appearing

I think it will most probably be like that^ which I actually wanted to suggest today too but then noticed they already have thought of it most probably.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 17.08.2015
    There are obviously several people on this thread who have made serious progress with the market and I thought I would ask for advice.
    I currently have 4 contracts at a time, with up to 4 products required and all are standard contracts.
    As yet my farms are largely geared to produce sufficient to keep the shop and bakery running full tilt without any great excess so I am declining around 50% of contracts.
    ALL my contracts are as yet level zero.
    I was considering concentrating on only 1 or 2 product contracts and declining all 3 or 4 product contracts in the hope of reaching bonus level 1 sooner (even if only on some contracts)
    Does this sound like a reasonable approach, are there holes in my thinking.
    Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    edited 17.08.2015
    There are obviously several people on this thread who have made serious progress with the market and I thought I would ask for advice.
    I currently have 4 contracts at a time, with up to 4 products required and all are standard contracts.
    As yet my farms are largely geared to produce sufficient to keep the shop and bakery running full tilt without any great excess so I am declining around 50% of contracts.
    I was considering concentrating on only 1 or 2 product contracts and declining all 3 or 4 product contracts in the hope of reaching bonus level 1 sooner (even if only on some contracts)

first of all I think, after tomorrow's update, you can probably much easier reach stage 3 (6 contracts available always) so don't worry about it much and also only after you reach stage 3 you can get "higher value contracts", so it's normal that all your contracts are "0" value and without extra bonus right now.

and for second part of your post, normally focusing on 1-2 item contracts seems the most reasonable right now yep. but do not decline all other contracts. for example doing even up to 3-4 item limited contracts (timed-contracts) can be very much possible most of the times too (specially after tomorrow's update i think when flower shop items rate be decreased) since these limited offers usually ask for very low quantity of products. and even doing 3 item regular contracts every now and then isn't a bad idea either, they may not give super bonus, but sometimes they can give some easy 1-2 karma points and such even at "3" value contracts too. so declining them all may not be best, just do them if can, and decline if they seem too unreasonable (handpicking contracts based on one's goals/farms were the best strategy so far imo, and i think it will still be best strategy even after tomorrow's update).
    edited 17.08.2015

I don't disagree entirely, but I don't think I would say the exact same thing. Let's say you get the "University" contract. Doing it will cause the next "University" contract to be a better one (in theory). That is true, and important to keep in mind. However, simply doing more contracts of any type, will cause the whole market to go up to higher levels, unlocking new types of bonuses. AND, the market itself does not ever go down in level, so those never get taken away. Those gains are locked in. So, for me, I have focused on doing whatever contracts I could do quickly and not letting contracts hang around just for the purpose of "protecting" that type of contract. Once I get the market to the top level, I plan to change my strategy as necessary. I hope that makes sense........
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 17.08.2015
    Griffith wrote: »
    first of all I think, after tomorrow's update, you can probably much easier reach stage 3 (6 contracts available always) so don't worry about it much and also only after you reach stage 3 you can get "higher value contracts", so it's normal that all your contracts are "0" value and without extra bonus right now..
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    I had missed this bit entirely and was trying to concentrate on getting bonuses. Doh
    Somewhere yonder stage 3 awaits! :D

And thank you Gavin too.
    I shall go and re-read and see what I've missed! lol
    edited 17.08.2015
    Also I think we are getting some conflicting data here. It has been said by CM (not looking for the post) that all contracts always have some small percentage bonus. On the other hand (at least some) higher level contracts with added reward like HS´etc. are not only without dollar bonus but actually have lower dollar yield compared to direct sale. Would be great if one of the more diligent gamers could investigate this issue.

While the organic market is fun game-wise, I'm slowly getting an impression that the bonus/reward benefit of the feature is questionable. I certainly will not have time to calculate every contract to see if it is profitable or not, and there's already "non-profitability" aspect imbeded in the whole system by asking for goods which are normally not profitable to sell at all. Most added rewards like a few HS or exp. points don't seem to be attractive enough to justify selling under price.

I know we haven"t arrived yet to reach full assesment, we don't know the top level bonuses, and the system is still being tweaked. Also I haven't had time recently to carefully watch the games and forums, so I'm sort of thinking aloud. :) The above hinted floating non/profitability, now even augmented by new info about downgrading contracts by skipping them, might mean thet OM will end up just laid aside and mostly ignored at most times for me.

@ gavinfarms: Based on Nafaru post tha names of contracts have no relevance to the type of contract and level increase, so what you say about "university" is not correct.
    edited 17.08.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    @ gavinfarms: Based on Nafaru post tha names of contracts have no relevance to the type of contract and level increase, so what you say about "university" is not correct.

Actually I think that is exactly what Nafaru said.....

I noted that focusing on the one (i.e. University) would protect its value from degrading within that level, but that not focusing on any one type and simply getting more contracts done of any type would help the market reach higher levels, which are never taken away. I am not trying to be combative, I just think she and I said the exact same thing.......with the difference that I was converting it into a strategy for getting the market to higher levels in a fairly direct route.
Sign In to comment.