Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 4th - The Market - Feedback and Questions

Comments

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 16.08.2015
    Yes I would love to know too please, as I have always had a waiting time, even when I've done contracts right away and not skipped any.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 16.08.2015
    Be sure to keep this in mind. If you have 4 and you plan to fill some and cancel some. Do the cancelling first. Otherwise all will go to cool down periods. Anytime you are only filling some, always do the cancellations first to keep that 1 slot "rolling over" without a cool down.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 16.08.2015
    The number of contracts that stay active (don`t go into cooldown) increases, I started off where I could keep 1 active all the time (unless I declined one) and then it increased to 2, I don`t know if it progresses through to all 6, but it has been 2 for a long time now.

The way it works is like this... When I login I will all 6 contracts available, if I fill all 6, then 4 of them will go into 30 min cooldown & I get 2 new ones. I can continue to fill those 2 and have them replaced over & over, until I decline one of them, that one then starts a 30 min cooldown & I only have one that keeps repeating. If I decline both that is the only time I would have no available contracts to fill.
    So far, I have found that by the time I want to decline one, the other 4 have finished their cooldown anyway, so its not too hard to always have some open...... Its a lot easier once you have 2 staying open out of 6, rather than just 1 out of 2 like it is when you start.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 16.08.2015
    ATTENTION CM'S!

In my post # 523, I asked for a status update on the "fixes" for the Market. Other's have asked since that too. Why are we being ignored? X( I want to know when things are going to be fixed! I guess GGS just took off for the week-end without a word! I don't want to do the Market until it is working properly and whatever adjustments are being made in contracts, etc. are done! Neighbors have not come for days either--yeah, yeah, being worked on. I had also asked about possible downtime, so my Co-op would know what to do about this week-end's project? No comments at all! That's not good customer service! X( Sorry to be grumpy today, but I want to get on with playing the game!

Right now, the time sunday morning 08:41 am in Denmark and Germany
    GGS's office is in Germany.
  • Wendytsj626Girl (US1)Wendytsj626Girl (US1) US1 Posts: 190
    edited 16.08.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    I have had a number of blue boxes tonight. About 10 or so, up to 47. So it is progressing. I am still seeing very few non-dollar bonuses. I am still filling the 15k apple order for the 10 karma points in the graphic from before. The contracts are easier today, on the whole, but it may just be luck. Still turning down 4-5 every half hour. Even with filling lots of contracts, the exterior does not seem to have changed. I could always miss something, like the time it was only the wheel on a cart that changed. I am going to make a floral product tonight that I don't usually make. However, I cannot make it a habit, since I would not raise enough money for the next event farm that replaces the Northern Lights farm.

New exterior image

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/gavinfarms/media/latestmarket3_zps6tya9kyy.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Runs, Griffith - note the upper left portion.....those two stands changed appearance from last time

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button

what does it mean when the organic market starts to improve in looks and then next time I log on its back to its original, plain self?
    edited 16.08.2015
    what does it mean when the organic market starts to improve in looks and then next time I log on its back to its original, plain self?

Do you mean the flags?.... The flags come out when the market upgrades & only stay for a while...They will be back when you upgrade again... The improved buildings stay :thumbup:
  • Wendytsj626Girl (US1)Wendytsj626Girl (US1) US1 Posts: 190
    edited 16.08.2015
    Thanks once again, Scissors! Yes, I was talking about the flags.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 16.08.2015
    to be honest i'm not really upset or not care much even that the walking neighbors aren't appearing. I think it is better GGS take their time and make them more efficient and better first before adding them to game again honestly. I mean it was really good that they would buy "extra feed, fertilizer, honeydew, etc " too, but the requested amounts were a bit too high and "no confirmation" button for selling was kinda super annoying.

and this is totally off-topic, but i just remembered i should complain about goats to GGS again. raise amount of goats milk a bit please GGS, or add gourmet stable booster machine too! :S
  • edited 16.08.2015
    Right now, the time sunday morning 08:41 am in Denmark and Germany
    GGS's office is in Germany.

Yes, Brian, Thank You. I am aware of the time difference.

I am in California, USA. I am on Pacific Standard Time. GGS in Germany is 9 hours ahead of us. It's just something we have to deal with.

Assuming a 9am-5pm work day.

They leave very early for us on Fridays -5 PM Germany-GGS time is 8 am for us on Friday!

And they come in very early on Mondays - 9 am Germany-GGS time is 0000 Hrs. or Midnight (the same day) PST time for us. At least being a night owl like myself, I can get a head start on what's happening sometimes on Monday Morning. :)

I do not know what hours the CM's keep. I have heard that no one at GGS works on the weekends.

I just would like to see a Bye for the Week-end, see ya Monday kind of update when we are having a problem such as the Market has caused. It just would have been a nice courtesy on their part to give us a status update for the week-end. Hopefully we will hear something on Monday. ?(:S:)

I want to get on with playing the Market. But with my current goals, I can't risk wiping everything out with all the bugs we have had. For those who are continuing to play and putting those things at risk, I thank you for helping me out and sharing what you are finding.

Though, I have not taken notes on comments from different servers, it almost seems like maybe they have fixed some things on some servers and not on others-maybe ran out of time for the week-end? Steffi had said that they were going to try to fix some things without down time. I also think that they have disabled the neighbor part of the Market until they can fix it right, which is good, so a lot of players that do not read the Forum won't wipe out their storage entirely, etc.

It would be nice if the link in the News when we log in was easier to see and highlighted when there is a new Official announcement. Or just add a task for the new info. That way everyone would get it. I haven't really played many online games before and I had no idea how important the Forum was going to be to the game when I started over a year ago. The Forum is really the "Help" part of the game!

Again, Thank You everyone for sharing! :)

Another bug to report......

As I watered all of my Co-op trees tonight, I noticed that one of my players - Level 35 - had NOTHING AT ALL on her Market, no starter buildings, nothing, just a totally empty Market.

I also see different starting buildings on the Market or less than 5 of them. Seems to be related to player level or the number of main farms they have or maybe both.

edited 16.08.2015
    Another bug to report......

As I watered all of my Co-op trees tonight, I noticed that one of my players - Level 35 - had NOTHING AT ALL on her Market, no starter buildings, nothing, just a totally empty Market.

I also see different starting buildings on the Market or less than 5 of them. Seems to be related to player level or the number of main farms they have or maybe both.

Are you sure its not just loading lag? I saw a couple of ours that didn`t load as fast, but if I went to their GF & back to their MF it looked ok again.

@ Gavin - 60 is dark blue (21.49%) :thumbup:
  • PSICOLIX (BR1)PSICOLIX (BR1) Posts: 250
    edited 16.08.2015
    any1 taking notes on how many kind of contracts we have?? (carnival, school, park etc...)

and once i get a Carnival contract to level 20, is possible to get it in a lower level?
    edited 16.08.2015
    considering the slow increase rate in bonus percentage, I guess probably 30% will be the max bonus from highest value contracts.(light purple colored contracts)
    (+3% initial bonus = +33% total bonus)

that alone won't make anything lower than maybe floral perfume even worth making though. guess we can't make a general strategy for it then, and if so then, everyone should always just handpick contracts and decide by themselves whether it worth giving lower flower shop recipe items to a specific contract or not.(like depending on the "total" profit of contract, or "extra bonuses" such as horseshoe, karma points, etc)
    either way it is still good to "have stock" of all flower shop recipes. but it certainly is not good to give them to just "any" contracts that ask for them.
    PSICOLIX12 wrote: »
    any1 taking notes on how many kind of contracts we have?? (carnival, school, park etc...)

and once i get a Carnival contract to level 20, is possible to get it in a lower level?

for the first question: Not me at least yet, and I don't think I ever will.

for second question: yep, it is possible.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 16.08.2015
    Thanks everybody for filling me in about the waiting time :) At least now I know it's supposed to be this way, and I'm not doing anything wrong!
  • edited 16.08.2015
    Are you sure its not just loading lag? I saw a couple of ours that didn`t load as fast, but if I went to their GF & back to their MF it looked ok again.

@ Gavin - 60 is dark blue (21.49%) :thumbup:

Good Point Scissors. I went back and checked again and 2 different players have blank fields now. Like you when I went to the gourmet farm, all was there, back to main farm on 1 and it was there, on another it was not. I waited a good long time initially and after going to their Gourmet farm. So seems to be a display problem.
  • Bestmenace2Bestmenace2 Posts: 179
    edited 16.08.2015
    What we talking about, market-wise?
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 16.08.2015
    Question: I currently get 4 contracts. Is there an advantage in waiting until they are all fulfilled and then sending them all off at once? That's to say, is there a combination bonus?
  • Solmar (US1)Solmar (US1) Posts: 72
    edited 16.08.2015
    Too often, it keeps asking me for more than my barn limit of 1750 so I am not liking these contracts - it would take multiple days to finish.
  • Cookiie4meCookiie4me Posts: 655
    edited 17.08.2015
    Solmar wrote: »
    Too often, it keeps asking me for more than my barn limit of 1750 so I am not liking these contracts - it would take multiple days to finish.

Don't be afraid to start a contract that will take several days. These are my current contracts:

offers_zpske6ly39f.png

I have been working on the Tree Nursery project for 3 days, but I will get a huge bonus in addition to the extra money I get for selling products through the market than from the Farm Management screen. Unless it is a Limited Offer, they will stay until you finish filling them unless you decline the contract.

I started doing the really big contracts for milk and apples as soon as they were given to me. And I suspect that may be why I am getting such good horseshoe offers with these contracts now.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 17.08.2015
    Yep, I've had 15000 Apples... 12000 milk... Unless you get one with a time limit, its all good :)

-Y
    edited 17.08.2015
    I just had the market to go up one more image. Notice the second side cart by the main cart and more fruit on the cart behind those.

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/gavinfarms/media/latestmarket4_zpsvyeyfh5l.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I believe this should be the one consistent with the dark blue squares.

Edit: Indeed so, this image is where dark blue boxes commence.
  • harduphardup Posts: 125
    edited 17.08.2015
    I do not like Market where I cannot fill all contracts within one day:S
    Now I have 6 contracts that require 8 different items from FlowerFarm Shop that will take me 51 hour to produce - above TWO FULL days of hard work.
    The game starts to sound like a full time job !
    Don't you think?
  • Te Aroha (AU1)Te Aroha (AU1) Posts: 129
    edited 17.08.2015
    hardup wrote: »
    Now I have 6 contracts that require 8 different items from FlowerFarm Shop that will take me 51 hour to produce - above TWO FULL days of hard work.
    Don't you think?

You can decline the contracts you don't want to fill. It does not affect your progress to decline them.
    edited 17.08.2015
    hardup wrote: »
    Don't you think?

I agree, decline them. I decline the vast majority of all contracts that come my way. And they will probably fix the quantity problems and the overuse of flower shop items.
    ATTENTION CM'S!

In my post # 523, I asked for a status update on the "fixes" for the Market. Other's have asked since that too. Why are we being ignored? X( I want to know when things are going to be fixed! I guess GGS just took off for the week-end without a word! I don't want to do the Market until it is working properly and whatever adjustments are being made in contracts, etc. are done! Neighbors have not come for days either--yeah, yeah, being worked on. I had also asked about possible downtime, so my Co-op would know what to do about this week-end's project? No comments at all! That's not good customer service! X( Sorry to be grumpy today, but I want to get on with playing the game!

I very much agree here. They could have at least given a brief update as to where things were headed before the weekend. While I very much appreciate the questions that do get answered, any overall grade on their PR skills would have to be quite low. Also, I did run a software company for a time, so I do understand very well how challenging PR always seems to be in software companies.

• edited 17.08.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    I just had the market to go up one more image. Notice the second side cart by the main cart and more fruit on the cart behind those.

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/gavinfarms/media/latestmarket4_zpsvyeyfh5l.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I believe this should be the one consistent with the dark blue squares.

Edit: Indeed so, this image is where dark blue boxes commence.

That's looking real nice gavin. Thanks for sharing. Something to look forward to. :)

Well, it's 9:21 AM GGS time. I hope we get some kind of status update on the fixes for the market soon.
    edited 17.08.2015
    well from reading the last few pages of this thread again, it seems like few other players including gavin and scissors and some others too have already fully grasped how market works. so stop being lazy and go make a guide for everyone guys ;)
    most of the questions that keep getting asked in this thread anymore are repetitive and have already been answered in the previous pages so I think it would be good if someone at least make a "frequently asked question" thread at least, even if no one is ready to make a full guide. just copy/paste-ing the answered questions on this thread works too I think and I don't think anybody here cares who answered the question or who the credit should go to or such stuff for just an answer to a question anyway. well this is just a suggestion ofc, which I think will help alot of players from being so much confused about the market.

and btw, "high quantity" contracts with "high value bonus" ain't necessarily bad at all. it mainly depends on "what" items it is asking for and "what bonus" it will give. the point is to make some profit anyway, so it is not different whether you give 2000 apples and then 3 hours later get another contract and give 2000 more apples, or get a 15000 contract instead and just fill it slowly anyway. if it is a good contract, keep it, do it. as long as it's not time-based, it is good.(as everyone else mentioned too)
    and while keeping 1 or 2 of such contracts, you always have the chance to play around with the other 4-5 contracts anyway. so don't just reject any contract that asks for a high quantity, specially not if, it has a super bonus of dollars/karma/etc.

p.s. ofc for the players who still haven't reached stage 3 yet, I suggest to decline any hard contract though since there is not much bonus unlocked yet anyway and it is better to first reach stage 3 asap. but after reaching stage 3, just focus on making profit anymore regardless of "speed" imo. if a contract is good, keep it, even if it is hard, if it is not good then decline it. as simple as that.
    edited 17.08.2015
    Anyone else had any long-term contracts just disappear? ;(
    edited 17.08.2015

not me yet, i have kept contracts for even 2 whole days, never disappeared. maybe a bug?
  • edited 17.08.2015

Sorry that happened to you, Scissors, of course you will report it to support. It would really be bad to work on a contract for days and then have it suddenly disappear with all your goods and nothing from it. It has to be a bug. If I remember right someone else had posted somewhere that when they came back a contact suddenly had a timer on it that it did not have before, but I can't remember where I saw that.

Would someone please post a picture of a timed contract?

I would like to post actual pictures here. I know you have to put your pic online somewhere first, but where? I see photobucket links which does work, but I would like to know what to use or how to put my pic here rather than a link. Thanks
  • Te Aroha (AU1)Te Aroha (AU1) Posts: 129
    edited 17.08.2015
    None for me so far I have had contracts there for over 24 hours.
    edited 17.08.2015
    Sorry that happened to you, Scissors, of course you will report it to support. It would really be bad to work on a contract for days and then have it suddenly disappear with all your goods and nothing from it. It has to be a bug. If I remember right someone else had posted somewhere that when they came back a contact suddenly had a timer on it that it did not have before, but I can't remember where I saw that.

Would someone please post a picture of a timed contract?

I would like to post actual pictures here. I know you have to put your pic online somewhere first, but where? I see photobucket links which does work, but I would like to know what to use or how to put my pic here rather than a link. Thanks

Yeah these were a couple of days old too. I thought I was dreaming at first, but then realised the stuff I was making for them in distillery & shop, I don`t have any contracts for those 2 items now, so I know they are gone without being completed. :(

The timed ones are called "Limited Contract" instead of "Standard Contract", thats the only difference you can see unless you add a partial amount to one & that will start the timer that you saw, so just make sure you can complete a limted one in an hour before you start adding stuff to one. :thumbup:
Sign In to comment.