Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Lonely Solo Missions

Comments

• MankeertMankeert Posts: 8
    edited 08.08.2015
    camel23 wrote: »
    There are players who did not get a single mission with opponents this CC... We refer to them. You guys havent reached there yet.

Indeed, high ranking players who played a whole week alone without an opponent! That's not normal anymore and GGS knows it. So, we don't talk rubbish. We have mails from GGS where they appologize for this fact. And it is not just this CC, previous CC's, we faced the same problems!! So, GGS appoligize, but no changes!
  • CHANDANAGUN (IN1)CHANDANAGUN (IN1) IN1 Posts: 10
    edited 08.08.2015
    I too faced the same incident repeatedly. I scored more than 7M rps daily previous CC, and I was the player of the latter week. Since after previous CC I was not given a single opponent until yesterday. I have complained GGS several times and they said this happens due to bug.
    I faced the same experience during 3rd and 4th CC (at this time I was the overall rps player).
    As game organizers, it is your responsibility not to repeat such incidents.

And i decided not to buy reputation points hot deal anymore.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • debbie5117 (AU1)debbie5117 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    edited 08.08.2015
    Dear GGS, when oh when are you going to start listening to your players about the solo missions we all get during the coop challenge. We are sick and tired of playing with ourselves during missions, many people and fellow coop members have said about it. So please fix this up before the next coop challenge otherwise you will start losing players
  • debbie5117 (AU1)debbie5117 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    edited 08.08.2015
    Dear GGS, when oh when are you going to start listening to your players about the solo missions we all get during the coop challenge. We are sick and tired of playing with ourselves during missions, many people and fellow coop members have said about it. So please fix this up before the next coop challenge otherwise you will start losing players
  • Chella7Chella7 Posts: 5
    edited 15.08.2015
    Hello,

Most of the time i am getting solo missions only. Even in normal days and at the time of CC also.
    Many players are online and also from same coop itself. Then also i get solo missions only.

GGS Team please look into it and please do take necessary actions.

Thanks & Regards

Chella7
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 15.08.2015
    The only time that I take part in missions is during the Co-op Challenge to help my co-op, so for that reason my position in the overall rankings is not very high. Having said that, during the last CC I played numerous solo missions which does not make sense to me at all. In fact the last 2 days of the CC were ALL solo missions. What I have noticed is that, when a mission starts, I have 3 or more opponents but the game then flashes and I end up in solo mission. It happens so quickly that I do not have time to take a screen-shot, but I guarantee that this does happen. The last time I played a mission - not in the CC but to test out what had been happening - I managed to see a couple of players names in missions and I messaged these players to find out if they had also ended in solo missions. They had not, but they were playing in the same produce mission that I was. My solo missions do not end early, and they happen whether I clear cache etc or not. Is there an explanation for this please, or am I just very unlucky?(
    edited 15.08.2015
    Today also all solo missions. There is nothing to do with time zone. For instance in my coop itself all the time there are atleast two ppl online.

Pls GGS team look into this
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 15.08.2015
    LOL Ocean, your correct there. Big farm is, as many point out, just a game, but many people use real money to play the game. If the game was almost totally free we would accept an inferior gaming experience. Because people buy the gold, surely we are entitled to a game that runs properly. Would any players on here buy a Tv or Mobile phone or anything else if it had the same amount of "bugs" that GGS have.. not just Big Farm but the other GGS games. Having said that GGS are here to make money and be the number one on line game company in Germany. I do not know what makes them number one, it certainly is not happy customers. We all know that a good turnover in Gold sales will make the company look good, so will a claim to have millions and millions of players... hmmm didn't they just bring out a "refer a friend " thing ! Which, from my own experience and from what I have read on the forum, a total waste of time. I got friends to join but then ended up on the wrong server, but GGS do not care because they got the extra players. I recently made a post about the amount of things going off all at once, not as a complaint about the "events" but with so many at the same time can the so called bugs be located and sorted out? If you are trying to find a corrupt program on your computer, you load programs one at a time until you find the one causing the problem. You do not load everything up at once. We get told that they do lots of pre-release checks etc yet when a new part of the game comes out there is always problems, so either someone is telling porkies or the checks are not good enough. At the top of the agenda is get Gold sales. right at the bottom is customer satisfaction.
    edited 17.08.2015
    yes bdreish i also face the same problem. it flashes with oponents and becomes solo mission.
  • sue3202 (GB1)sue3202 (GB1) Posts: 5
    edited 27.08.2015
    Ok, so the Coop challenge is 3hrs old and I'm on my 6th solo challenge! When are GGS going to sort this out? It makes a travesty out of the challenge
  • Porkies (INT1)Porkies (INT1) Posts: 103
    edited 28.08.2015
    would you like a cookie? or maybe a tissue?
  • 22cutlerz (INT1)22cutlerz (INT1) Posts: 3
    edited 28.08.2015
    yeah he would
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 28.08.2015
    sue3202 wrote: »
    Ok, so the Coop challenge is 3hrs old and I'm on my 6th solo challenge! When are GGS going to sort this out? It makes a travesty out of the challenge
    I think they said tomorrow at 3
  • Mammas Baby (US1)Mammas Baby (US1) US1 Posts: 45
    edited 28.08.2015
    sue3202 wrote: »

welcome to my world on ggs :( i get 85% solo missions during challenge now .... have since the 3rd challenge started.... let challenge end then i am back to only 75% solo missions ( big whoop ).... you would think ggs would figure out that they need to go back to letting people pick their own missions.... i never had a solo then
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    This should not ever happen in the coop challenge....From the first mission until now I have had either solos or 2 people mission only 2 times ive been in a group..This morning so far I have had 4 solos and a mission with 1 person.. So not fare.. I am just disgusted right now..
  • Solo missions wouldn't be as bad if they gave decent rep/certs. I assume the low rep/certs is because the player is counted as coming in last.  It would be more fair if rep/certs were awarded as if the player came in second in a field of three.

• Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    Solo missions wouldn't be as bad if they gave decent rep/certs. I assume the low rep/certs is because the player is counted as coming in last.  It would be more fair if rep/certs were awarded as if the player came in second in a field of three.

Technically, the player isn't counted as coming in last, but at the perfect theoretical average - all other options would be quite unfair, so that's how it works atm. 
    And yeah, it's not supposed to happen often, and we're always working on make it less probable, but that said, it happens from time to time, depending on how many other players within your range are online.
    Latten said:
    Solo missions wouldn't be as bad if they gave decent rep/certs. I assume the low rep/certs is because the player is counted as coming in last.  It would be more fair if rep/certs were awarded as if the player came in second in a field of three.

Technically, the player isn't counted as coming in last, but at the perfect theoretical average - all other options would be quite unfair, so that's how it works atm. 
    And yeah, it's not supposed to happen often, and we're always working on make it less probable, but that said, it happens from time to time, depending on how many other players within your range are online.

Wouldn't it be just as good - if not better point-wise - to be put into ANY level range?  The higher level players would be able to push the points up for the lower level players, and wouldn't feel they have been 'short-changed' by playing solo missions. 
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    Latten said:

Mr Laaten the problem is that the players are complaining now for 1 year over this problem. 

I don,t mind once in a while a solomission, But 91% in 2 weeks on average 8 missions daily i cannot say it is once in a while
    Your company is introducing on nearly daily basis,new exciting useless full with bugs newfeautures in the game.
    Why not a button that you click to enter that solomission or wait for a mission with more players.
    Things are not so difficult as it might look.

I prefer to wait 10 minutes for a mission with 2 or more other players then waiting 7-8 minutes for again a solomission
    And that reward for a theoretical perfect harvest is a nice story to tell little children before they go to sleep.

Like flittermouse write. When a player has a solomission and harvest more then the minimal amount that iscounted to be active in a mission,Give that player a bigger reward

But it seems all to difficult to invent something like that.
    Nobody like to wait with his fields full of Wildflowers spec seed with premium humus another 2 hours to maybe harvest them when that player don,t end up in his/hers 4 solomission in a row

• Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    I have a feeling if the option was solo or with people we have no chance against, that would make people upset too. I know I'd be pretty bummed out to always lose if there was no people within my range online so I'd get put with too high/too low opponents.
    Missions feel like pvp and in pvp, stomps are never really interesting to me personally. ;o
    I agree though that the solo missions on some servers with lower population could be more forgiving, maybe always count as coming in second. First would be too overpowered, but last/average seems a bit too unfair.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    There are way too many solo missions in this Co-op Challenge.  GGS please overhaul this stagnant event, it is in dire need of a fresh and updated challenge!   B)
  • Soooooo totally agree with this!!! Thank you for starting a thread about it!!!! The solo missions are detrimental to challenge players as they significantly reduce the amount of points you can get compared to ones that you play with others in..... The simple fact that ESPECIALLY DURING THE CHALLENGE people are almost constantly searching for missions - so: THERE SHOULD REALLY NEVER BE A TIME THAT SOLOS COME UP DURING THE CHALLENGE. There isn't ever a time when one player is searching to join a mission alone - there are just too many out there searching during the challenge for that to ever happen... GGS PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS AND FIX IT!!!! It is very frustrating to compete in the challenge with this going on..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Another issue to fix with the Co-op Challenge - players that are not in a co-op.  This is called the Co-op Challenge for a reason.  There must be a way for GGS to exclude players from missions during the Co-op Challenge or pair them with each other.  
  • Also,,,  It is not fair that the larger farms are able to join in with the smaller farms.  They come in around half time and just dump a ton of stuff when we are really working to get our crops in.  They should only have challenges between similar levels.  It is so frustrating!
    I have a feeling if the option was solo or with people we have no chance against, that would make people upset too. I know I'd be pretty bummed out to always lose if there was no people within my range online so I'd get put with too high/too low opponents.
    Missions feel like pvp and in pvp, stomps are never really interesting to me personally. ;o
    I agree though that the solo missions on some servers with lower population could be more forgiving, maybe always count as coming in second. First would be too overpowered, but last/average seems a bit too unfair.

The aim of playing the mission is not to 'win' but to get rep points and certs.  I have found that I can get more points and certs by 'losing' in a mission with a full compliment of players than in a solo mission.  I play solo's the same way I would play a mission with opponents, and hate getting only a small percentage of the points/certs I would have got if I had had opponents.  The more players in a mission the more points/certs at the end.  You do not get higher in the rankings by 'winning' (coming first in the mission) and in fact sometimes it is better NOT to try to come first - save your seaweed fertilizer and gold for the next mission if it is obvious that you will not come first.  Don't forget, you get a higher point count if you play a mission immediately after finishing one - and one day you will be one of the 'big boys' (sic) and people will be moaning that they are playing someone with a higher level than them  :).  This is basically a game of patience, its like a marathon that really has no ending.

And there is always the possibility that you will play a mission against a much higher player AND WIN! 

Enjoy the game - good luck and Happy Farming  :)  

• Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    BDreish i don,t have a problem when some other player wins a mission. I have a problem with a 91% average of solomissions during 2 weeks.
    In this last C-C i had a average of 64.8% solomissions. My total was 936870 Rp-Points.
    Can you imagen what the amount for my COOP could be when the average of solomissions would drop to a acceptable 10-15%??
    But it seems that GGS is not willing to change to pairing system of intoduce a button wich gives the players the choise to enter a solomission or wait for a mission with 1 or more players. That is the basicproblem in this discussion. We are not talking about the use of gold or seaweed.

I don,t mind when the famous Hot Shots are throwing gold around or it was water.It is their money and GGS needs to make money also. It is not a filantropical institute.

I do buy gold also when a nice offer passes on the screen.

But the main problem are the big amount of solomissions

GR B Bartels

• I have no idea why GGS have not implemented a 'Solo mission - search again Y/N' button. Anyone in a solo mission is not going to spend gold on it because the rewards are so poor. Waiting for a mission for 2 or more competitors is more likely to involve the use of gold in order to win. Can it be that GGS are trying to save us from using gold???

BDreish i don,t have a problem when some other player wins a mission. I have a problem with a 91% average of solomissions during 2 weeks.
    In this last C-C i had a average of 64.8% solomissions. My total was 936870 Rp-Points.
    Can you imagen what the amount for my COOP could be when the average of solomissions would drop to a acceptable 10-15%??
    But it seems that GGS is not willing to change to pairing system of intoduce a button wich gives the players the choise to enter a solomission or wait for a mission with 1 or more players. That is the basicproblem in this discussion. We are not talking about the use of gold or seaweed.

I don,t mind when the famous Hot Shots are throwing gold around or it was water.It is their money and GGS needs to make money also. It is not a filantropical institute.

I do buy gold also when a nice offer passes on the screen.

But the main problem are the big amount of solomissions

GR B Bartels

@boer bartels
    If you read my post again, I am not saying anything about gold users, in fact I am saying exactly what you are just in a different format.   I was trying to let Niryn know that you get more points and certs if you play against others rather than in solo missions - they seemed to be of the opinion that if they played against higher level players then they would 'lose' when in fact they would be better off in respect of points/certs.  It is not a case of having to come first in a mission, just playing in a mission with other players gives you better points/certs. 
  • timvalen (US1)timvalen (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 21.10.2015
    I must have run seven or eight missions yesterday and all but one I was the only farm competing. I would not mind but one player missions yields very few rep points or certificates.  Are that many people not on line lately or is this something else?  I imagine it's happening to others as well.
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    Hi Tim. If you search discussion topic "lonely missions" you'll see earlier posts about players having solo missions, sometimes in the coop event, other times just during regular game play. The earlier posts span the last 2  years to more recent ones in the past few months.  I recall when I was advancing upward out of level 60-65,  I started getting solo missions but it didn't last long.  I almost think it is a "reset" of our tier ranking to play with players that are close in rank to our skill level or playing style (such as use of gold during a competition). There was a suggestion that possibly if you play the missions when you get the notice rather than initiate a search, you might have better luck having other players in the competition. Don't worry too much about it, because it will eventually sort itself out.  
Sign In to comment.