Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 4th - The Market - Feedback and Questions

Comments

• Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 14.08.2015
    *moment of happiness* ;(
    and this is why we should all start stocking up all flower shop recipes, just in case to not miss such awesome contracts:

24nivwi.jpg
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 14.08.2015
    Nice contract Griffith, why the sad face?.... Its not going anywhere & won`t take long to fill it.
    edited 14.08.2015
    Nice contract Griffith, why the sad face?.... Its not going anywhere & won`t take long to fill it.

it's not sadness, it's tears of joy, at my current market level, I couldn't ask for anything better than a single product contract of best flower shop recipe (soaps) which gives 20% extra dollar + 10 karma points too, could I? *sob sob* ;(
    ;)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 15.08.2015
    Griffith wrote: »
    it's not sadness, it's tears of joy, at my current market level, I couldn't ask for anything better than a single product contract of best flower shop recipe (soaps) which gives 20% extra dollar + 10 karma points too, could I? *sob sob* ;(
    ;)

I just found myself with a contract for 10 karma points as well......just one issue.......I am about 15,000 apples short.

Griffith---How can I paste that image from that photobucket into the forum?

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/gavinfarms/media/absurdapples2_zpsxiolpzvs.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

P.S. This may have been stated before, but does anyone know if the walk-up deals apply toward raising levels.

Runs-
    Thanks for the blue box info. Got my first blue just now. A 41 with a single karma point.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    edited 15.08.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    I just found myself with a contract for 10 karma points as well......just one issue.......I am about 15,000 apples short.

Griffith---How can I paste that image from that photobucket into the forum?

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/gavinfarms/media/absurdapples2_zpsxiolpzvs.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

P.S. This may have been stated before, but does anyone know if the walk-up deals apply toward raising levels.

well idk how many apples per harvest you have, but if it is not a timed contract, it may worth doing even if it be 15000 apples imo, but that may be true for me only since i can't buy karma points any other way so they are bit more important for me maybe.

and umm since you have the link, all you gotta do is, click on "Insert Image" button and then choose second tab "Insert URL" and paste the link there and click ok ( i always remove the checkbox of "Retrieve remote file.... " too before clicking ok)

and gratz on unlocking blue contracts 8)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 15.08.2015
    OK, I read thru more than 20 pages of this thread and still don't know why I have only two stalls with zero bonus value. I have filled many orders. What's the trick?

I am in the same situation, many many contracts filled over the last 2 days. Still looks exactly the same as the first day, and still only 2 contracts at a time offered. And I haven't seen the vendor once.
    edited 15.08.2015
    MRG12 wrote: »
    I am in the same situation, many many contracts filled over the last 2 days. Still looks exactly the same as the first day, and still only 2 contracts at a time offered. And I haven't seen the vendor once.

The change in contracts will come. After some more, you will have 4 at a time. Then after quite a few more you will have 6 contracts at a time. Shortly after that point you start seeing bonus values in those boxes. Even in the meantime you are selling above the price you would get the old way. So just be patient and it will come.....
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 15.08.2015
    Is there any relationship between the lack of bakery contracts and the lack of level 3 market?

I have 4 contract types with some of them having 4 products inside a contract but cannot seem to get it to display 6 contract types, despite doing many contracts. So I am wondering if the lack of bakery contract types is halting the progress of the market level.
    edited 15.08.2015
    Pameow wrote: »
    Is there any relationship between the lack of bakery contracts and the lack of level 3 market?

I have 4 contract types with some of them having 4 products inside a contract but cannot seem to get it to display 6 contract types, despite doing many contracts. So I am wondering if the lack of bakery contract types is halting the progress of the market level.

As I understand it, no. I have seen no bakery contracts ever, and have continued to move up, several levels above where you are now. It will happen. Keep doing those contracts and it will come. This is a permanent thing, so they had to make it somewhat slow.
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 15.08.2015
    As I understand it, no. I have seen no bakery contracts ever, and have continued to move up, several levels above where you are now. It will happen. Keep doing those contracts and it will come. This is a permanent thing, so they had to make it somewhat slow.

Thanks for your reply, that's what I wanted a confirmation that the higher level is possible without the bakery products contracts. As a side effect, even when the market is fixed so we do get bakery product contracts occurring it will be nice to know one may choose not to do them.
    edited 15.08.2015
    Pameow wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply, that's what I wanted a confirmation that the higher level is possible without the bakery products contracts. As a side effect, even when the market is fixed so we do get bakery product contracts occurring it will be nice to know one may choose not to do them.

I agree with Gavin that it makes no difference, though my understanding was that the different stalls would develop depending on which contracts each person was filling & that is not happening at the moment. We all appear to be progressing in the exact same order of changes, so maybe that will change when its all working right & we start to get bakery requests. If so, its possible if you skip all of one vendor, that stall will stay undeveloped. .... Maybe we can everything fully built before that changes (if it does) ^^

@ Gavin...Shoes are getting better, just had 537 (461+76) Spongebob_zpsba2a8721.gif
    edited 15.08.2015
    I have had a number of blue boxes tonight. About 10 or so, up to 47. So it is progressing. I am still seeing very few non-dollar bonuses. I am still filling the 15k apple order for the 10 karma points in the graphic from before. The contracts are easier today, on the whole, but it may just be luck. Still turning down 4-5 every half hour. Even with filling lots of contracts, the exterior does not seem to have changed. I could always miss something, like the time it was only the wheel on a cart that changed. I am going to make a floral product tonight that I don't usually make. However, I cannot make it a habit, since I would not raise enough money for the next event farm that replaces the Northern Lights farm.

New exterior image

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/gavinfarms/media/latestmarket3_zps6tya9kyy.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Runs, Griffith - note the upper left portion.....those two stands changed appearance from last time

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    edited 15.08.2015
    New exterior image

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/gavinfarms/media/latestmarket3_zps6tya9kyy.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Runs, Griffith - note the upper left portion.....those two stands changed appearance from last time

yea I can see, the market seriously starts to get awesome looking, I am almost forgetting how awful it looked at first :D
    I am sure there is still many more upgrade levels left though, since we are barely in "light blue" (quality 2) range yet only, and there are 3 higher qualities at least left to uncover. 8)
    edited 15.08.2015
    Value 54 (Light Blue) = 20.77% reward bonus

Also getting more triple rewards now, like XP+Horseshoes+Cash or XP+Karma+Cash

24_zpsrquk0gyh.gif
    edited 15.08.2015
    Value 54 (Light Blue) = 20.77% reward bonus

Also getting more triple rewards now, like XP+Horseshoes+Cash or XP+Karma+Cash

24_zpsrquk0gyh.gif

awesome, yea I just got a karma + xp and another xp + horseshoe contract too, seems like they can appear in any combo in higher contracts :D
    edited 15.08.2015
    Griffith wrote: »
    awesome, yea I just got a karma + xp and another xp + horseshoe contract too, seems like they can appear in any combo in higher contracts :D

Got a 57 now = 21.14% .... Almost to 60 to see if we get a new color. :thumbup:
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 15.08.2015
    What does karma do? :)

PS still at level 0 bonusses :)
    edited 15.08.2015
    Kaiowas wrote: »
    What does karma do? :)

PS still at level 0 bonusses :)

You can buy gifts & pranks with it. :thumbup:
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 15.08.2015
    The only bakery items I have seen were on the walkers. No walkers No bakery.
  • monica1230 (US1)monica1230 (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 15.08.2015
    I think the orders are random, one person will say they are getting lots of bakery orders another flower farm and are at same lvl in the market.

My walkers have been mia for 3 days now, I know I am not alone.
  • edited 15.08.2015
    ATTENTION CM'S!

In my post # 523, I asked for a status update on the "fixes" for the Market. Other's have asked since that too. Why are we being ignored? X( I want to know when things are going to be fixed! I guess GGS just took off for the week-end without a word! I don't want to do the Market until it is working properly and whatever adjustments are being made in contracts, etc. are done! Neighbors have not come for days either--yeah, yeah, being worked on. I had also asked about possible downtime, so my Co-op would know what to do about this week-end's project? No comments at all! That's not good customer service! X( Sorry to be grumpy today, but I want to get on with playing the game!
    edited 15.08.2015
    monica1230 wrote: »
    I think the orders are random, one person will say they are getting lots of bakery orders another flower farm and are at same lvl in the market.

My walkers have been mia for 3 days now, I know I am not alone.

It would appear, from what I am have seen, that the walk-ups are in some way constrained to your inventory, which in my case would mean more bakery orders than flower shop. The contracts however, seem unconstrained by inventory, and at least in my case, I have seen no bakery goods in the "contracts" at all.

I am also still missing walk-ups.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 16.08.2015
    I just don't understand it, I might be doing something wrong, but if so, please help me :)

I get 2 contracts. I fill both and click on the truck, and then get one new one back, the other one has waiting time. If I fill only one and send the truck, I also get waiting time on one, but that seems more logical.

Is it so that I can't send out the truck with 2 at a time? Because I thought I only should get waiting time if I declined a contract.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 16.08.2015
    I am getting waiting time every time I send out a truck Gwendolen. It doesnt matter if I send out 1 truck or 4 trucks I always get waiting time.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 16.08.2015
    Thanks! Then we either are bóth doing something wrong, or it's intended that way :p
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 16.08.2015
    Lets hope that if we are doing something wrong someone will put us right, or we will never get anywhere;(
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 16.08.2015
    I had a waiting time for all but 1 contract until I hit 6 contracts. Then it switched to 2 'free' contracts with no waiting. However, this only applied when I fulfilled them, not when I cancelled.

Example: I have 6 contracts. 3 I can do, 3 I want to trash.
    If I send away my truck doing the three I can do, then trash the other three.... ALL SIX contract slots will have a cool down.
    If I trash 3, they go instantly to cool down, then I send my truck off with the other 3, I get one cool down, and 2 new contracts immediately.

This worked the same when I had 2, or 4 contracts, except I only got 1 new contract immediately.

-Y
    edited 16.08.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    I had a waiting time for all but 1 contract until I hit 6 contracts. Then it switched to 2 'free' contracts with no waiting. However, this only applied when I fulfilled them, not when I cancelled.

If I send away my truck doing the three I can do, then trash the other three.... ALL SIX contract slots will have a cool down.
    If I trash 3, they go instantly to cool down, then I send my truck off with the other 3, I get one cool down, and 2 new contracts immediately.

This worked the same when I had 2, or 4 contracts, except I only got 1 new contract immediately.

-Y

What Y states above is exactly what happens to me, and since it fits with the original description, I have felt confident that it was meant to work that way. I will give a further example that happens to me a lot.

I have 6 slots. Let's say I have 4 to cancel and 2 contracts that I want to fill because they come with a nice reward (karma points, etc.), but they take a while to fill, because it is way more than you can have in storage (example:10,000 apples or 7,000 milk), so I keep partially filling those until they are done. While those two are sitting there being filled slowly, you get no more 'free' slots. They use the 'free' slots. If you have only 1 of 5 that you keep to partially fill over a long time, you will have 1 'free'slot.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 16.08.2015
    Also, want to add, apropos only of my previous post. I have not gotten a tool box from chickens since I posted here about fewer tools, and I started watching. I am getting them from pigs, cows, composter (and maybe silo, its always a mess when it hits), but not chickens, or my iCoop.

-Y

edit> Sheesh, I post this, and one egg harvest later... I got 1 tool. lol
  • edited 16.08.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »

-Y

This sounds like another bug to me. I thought that we were only supposed to get a cool down time when we skipped a contract. For example, skip one contract, then one would have a cool down time.
    Fill and send one, and that one would have a new contract up ready to start.

Or is it...skip one, then all new will have a cool down, until the cool down is done.....no, that doesn't fit the example above either. I still think it's a bug, where's my RAID!

CM's please clarify how the cool down time is supposed to work. Thank You.
Sign In to comment.