Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 4th - The Market - Feedback and Questions

Comments

• samridh2002 (IN1)samridh2002 (IN1) Posts: 86
    edited 14.08.2015
    how are you having 17 and 24 in those small boxes i am having only a 0
  • kulaniko (INT1)kulaniko (INT1) Posts: 41
    edited 14.08.2015
    I am MISSING OUT on the fun! My contracts are not improving, and there's no neighbors around! :(
  • Te Aroha (AU1)Te Aroha (AU1) Posts: 129
    edited 14.08.2015
    kulaniko wrote: »
    I am MISSING OUT on the fun! My contracts are not improving, and there's no neighbors around! :(

It takes a lot of contracts to level up and a lot of us have no neighbors visiting we are the lucky ones by the sound of it. You have to be at least the level where you have 6 contracts before you will see any bonuses.
  • samridh2002 (IN1)samridh2002 (IN1) Posts: 86
    edited 14.08.2015
    me toooooooooooooooooooo contracts not improving
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 14.08.2015
    kulaniko wrote: »

Don`t worry, you will get there, I had no visitors either, apart from maybe 2 on the 1st day & my contract values are up to 41 now, so you don`t need visitors for that, you just need to fill LOTS of contracts. Fortunately I filled my storage for all flower shop products when they changed the shop, in case the ship started to ask for them, so they have turned out to be REALLY useful now. :thumbup:
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 14.08.2015
    it is good if you guys read the previous pages of this thread honestly since the answer to almost all your questions can be found already in this thread, or it would be good if someone just gather all the info on this thread and already make a guide for it too (i'm too lazy sorry).

but anyways let me answer some of the most frequently asked questions again to help a bit:

Question: Why my contracts (value and quality) does not improve and why is it stuck at "0"?
    Answer: You must unlock 3rd stage of Market contracts first.

Question: How to reach 3rd stage of market contracts?
    Answer: It takes a bit of time, but the answer is simple, just keep doing contracts you will reach it soon.

Question: How do we know if we reached 3rd stage of market contracts?
    Answer: Answer is also simple, when you have "6 contracts available in your market screen at any time" you have reached stage 3.

Question: My market upgraded 2 times till now but I still don't have "6 contracts", why god? why me? ( ;) )
    Answer: "Partial upgrades' of market is a bit different from "stage upgrade". there is a total of 3 Stage only, while there is alot more "partial upgrades" which continue even after reaching max stage too (stage 3)
    Everyone start at Stage 1 ( 2 contracts available at market screen) at first, then after some effort and doing contracts will reach Stage 2 (4 contracts available at market screen), and again after some effort and doing more contracts will reach Stage 3 (6 contracts available at market screen)
    while in Stage 1 and 2, the contract value WILL ALWAYS remain 0, so you are not missing anything don't worry.
    Only after reaching Stage 3, gradually the contract value will increase and you will get contracts with higher value and bonus.

Bonus Question: How to reach 3rd stage of market contracts faster?
    Answer(tip): This may not be a good suggestion for "low level players" or "players who don't have extra dollars to spare", but If you are a rich medium-high level players with plenty of dollars then there is a way to even reach 3rd stage a bit faster. and that is simple. "BUY" the products needed for the contracts and "lose" some dollars, this way you can do more contracts faster and will reach 3rd stage faster too.
    what products are good to buy for example? almost all crops are cheap for example, or at least wildflowers is super cheap for example, so when you get a contract in which you lack 1000 wildflowers for example only, then "buy" 1000 wildflowers.. or if you are lacking 10 apple for example but can't wait for 3 hours for apples to get ready "BUY". ( if you are rich enough, loss of 10k-100k dollars is a joke). and this way you can much easier and faster reach Stage 3 and unlock bonuses and then can stop buying anymore and just do whichever contract that gives good bonus and you like (unless you are greedy like me and some other players here and want to reach further quality and values faster, and in that case you can still continue to buy some products to do more contracts faster and unlock higher value/bonus contracts sooner)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 14.08.2015
    The green values appear to be for numbers between 20-39, I now have a blue one that is value 41 :thumbsup:

Can you tell us any more about the contract with the blue box? The bonus percentage? Bonuses other than cash?
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 14.08.2015
    DryndgIPMj5F-l0jhzBd3lTC9nHzCynP_lZQ07_ubQk=w652-h576-no5TduBTcQe2Xx9MPOE7Fq11RT-405A57WubvlxZlVECM=w579-h438-no

Now i have this. I ques it was a timer contract. Does this mean that it will stay there forever??????
    Do this really mean i have to pay gold to get rid of it???? No way!
    edited 14.08.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    Can you tell us any more about the contract with the blue box? The bonus percentage? Bonuses other than cash?

I have 2 @ 41 at the moment (18.89%)
    One Standard for 1053 Summer Bouquet (Normally $212,706) paid $223,341+$42,190
    One Limited for 443 Milk (Normally $15,505) paid $16,280+$3,076
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 14.08.2015
    Dara15 wrote: »
    *snip*

Now i have this. I ques it was a timer contract. Does this mean that it will stay there forever??????
    Do this really mean i have to pay gold to get rid of it???? No way!

Don't worry, you don't have to pay gold to get rid of it. This is the last chance option for contracts with only a limited time. You can close it by clicking the "x" at the top right, however, your wildflowers and cherries will be lost.

I'll forward the issue of you being unable to add any more products to the developers. Please also create a ticket with Support to have everything sorted out.

As for the colors of contracts, the system works similar to the color coding we use for decorations. It shows you right away that this is a contract with a high value.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 14.08.2015
    Thank you Steffi for an answer. But... red x, yes, i know, clicking it should close it. But it comes again, every time i open my game. And that contract has been in market "forever" now.... Reloading and clearing caches does not help. Fortunately i have 5 other contracts, it's not the only one. ;)
    Oh, and those "bubbleheads" don't come too often, where are they hiding? Any hints? I kind of like them...:rolleyes:
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 14.08.2015
    Dara15 wrote: »
    Thank you Steffi for an answer. But... red x, yes, i know, clicking it should close it. But it comes again, every time i open my game. And that contract has been in market "forever" now.... Reloading and clearing caches does not help. Fortunately i have 5 other contracts, it's not the only one. ;)

Whoops. Okay so the contract is not properly cleared either. :S
    I'll add this to the problem description, let's hope it will get fixed soon!
  • Farmer Jo Jo (US1)Farmer Jo Jo (US1) Posts: 112
    edited 14.08.2015
    Hello there. I am enjoying the new market as it seems to give purpose to some of the products/supplies that usually just get sold at harvest. As other members stated it does use up needed supplies so I just don't fill those orders.

My suggestion is to have a timer much like the Hard Work Event timer that shows how long until the next contract by hovering with the mouse. Alternatively, since the Market is a permanent event a timer on the right hand side with the Harbor and Harvest timers would be good too.

Thanks
    edited 14.08.2015
    Steffi,

Will we be getting any fix to the market problems before the weekend? I still have no walk up customers....

And, of course, the flower shop items are still rendering the contract items almost useless.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 14.08.2015
    I still have no walk up customers....

You can get most of my walk up customers. ;)
    - The only walkers I would like to keep are the very few ones who will only buy honeydew. ^^
  • cedie3 (US1)cedie3 (US1) US1 Posts: 183
    edited 14.08.2015
    Please forgive this moronic question, but how do you fill a contract?
    edited 14.08.2015
    cedie32 wrote: »
    Please forgive this moronic question, but how do you fill a contract?

Click the donate button to get the next page & then move all the sliders up to the top and click donate button again....You should end up back on original page with a green check mark on the contract. :thumbup:
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 14.08.2015
    I am not really impressed with the contracts at present. I have declined many more than i have completed. Today has been really bad, my 4 contracts were all for Flower Farm products, 3 of them required perfume. I declined all 4 ( had nowhere near the amount of products needed) and the next 4 contracts all included apples with a minimum amount of 2,486 required. This is totally unattainable for me. I have not had a customer on the market since yesterday morning and the market man has not made me an offer since then also.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 14.08.2015
    With the exception of a few, there is no time limit. No constraints. Like the side bar tasks. They will sit there until you are ready to do them. I think skipping them should be an option used less often, rather than more, but of course, patience, like everything in Big Farm, is the key.

-Y
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 14.08.2015
    Steffi,

Will we be getting any fix to the market problems before the weekend? I still have no walk up customers....

And, of course, the flower shop items are still rendering the contract items almost useless.

I don't have any customers on my US farm either. They show up on the EN server. :(
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 14.08.2015
    This is one of the most discussed updates so far :) Look at the page count.

For me the update is an oké adition to the game :). I still haven't been able to level up the market but that's ok. It takes time. The neighbors aren't showing up anymore :) They did but now it's been a while. I think except for the buggy release some tweaks are necessary.
    1) That horror driver needs a proper track :p
    2) Neighbors need to be put somewhere else and pls don't let them ask for a complete barnsupply :)
    3) the buying offers of the neighbors 150k fo r10chickenfeed or so I mean WTF just crap

for the rest I'm ok with the update :) (the way it was released however and the custumor friendly attitude of GGS is another thing :) )
  • Porkies (INT1)Porkies (INT1) Posts: 103
    edited 14.08.2015
    lol @ WTF...ahahahahahahahahahaha too funny! :)
    edited 14.08.2015
    Griffith-
    I got a green one with no timer, so I think as Steffi says, it indicates just level, not level with a timer.

There also seems to be a penalty to declining contracts. I wish they would give more detail.
    edited 14.08.2015
    so far I've managed to reach green colored (quality 1) contracts too but haven't seen any new bonus aside from the ones that has already been mentioned here before by other players.

so any tiger has reached 3rd quality contracts yet(dark blue contracts) ?and if yep can you confirm their value range? (is it 60 -79? and what was prizes and highest dollar % bonus btw?)

Note:
    to avoid confusion btw:
    when i say "quality of contract" i refer to background color of contract bonus.
    and when i say "value of contract" i refer to number shown in contract bonus.
    edited 14.08.2015
    Griffith wrote: »
    so far I've managed to reach green colored (quality 1) contracts too but haven't seen any new bonus aside from the ones that has already been mentioned here before by other players.

so any tiger has reached 3rd quality contracts yet(dark blue contracts) ?and if yep can you confirm their value range? (is it 60 -79? and what was prizes and highest dollar % bonus btw?)

Note:
    to avoid confusion btw:
    when i say "quality of contract" i refer to background color of contract bonus.
    and when i say "value of contract" i refer to number shown in contract bonus.

I am only green as well. It would appear that there is a penalty to declining contracts. I know they would like me to produce more flower shop products, but when I get asked for so much sweet scented oil that it would take the better part of two days to make......how do I take that seriously?
    edited 14.08.2015
    Griffith-
    I got a green one with no timer, so I think as Steffi says, it indicates just level, not level with a timer.

There also seems to be a penalty to declining contracts. I wish they would give more detail.

above the contract name (elementary school, etc) in the right side screen says either "limited time contract" or "standard contract", that defines whether a contract is a time-based or not time-based.
    both timed and normal contracts can have any value number, but time-based contracts ask for smaller quantity of products and therefore also they give lower "extra bonuses" (horseshoe, etc) compared to standard contracts which can ask for tons of items even.

the level of background of contract bonus, is "quality", kinda like decorations quality.
    each quality has been defined by a range of value.
    (0-19) value = no color = quality 0
    (20-39) value(as confirmed by scissors) = green color = quality 1
    (40 - ?) value = light blue color = quality 2
    (? - ? ) value = dark blue color = quality 3
    (? - ? ) value = dark purple color = quality 4
    (? - ?) value = light purple color = quality 5

whether there is even higher quality than those ^ or not, or what their range is yet is not confirmed, but I can assure you these qualities exist. (check the help button of market, top-right corner, you get what i mean)

there exists no penalty to declining contracts. as market upgrades, only "chance" of getting higher quality contracts gets unlocked and increases a little, it doesn't mean all our contracts will be high value.

that means even after reaching "max" upgrade of market and unlocking even highest quality of contracts, it is still possible to get "no color - 0 value" contracts too.
    and if all these guesses be right, then "the higher quality" contracts even after being unlocked, will still be rare to appear, compared to lower ones, and that is also exactly why i say everyone should start "stocking up" some lower flower shop recipes too, just to be safe to not lose a rare contract(or be stuck with for long time) later due to lack of some lower flower shop recipe for example.
    I am only green as well. It would appear that there is a penalty to declining contracts. I know they would like me to produce more flower shop products, but when I get asked for so much sweet scented oil that it would take the better part of two days to make......how do I take that seriously?

I don't think there is any penalty except the cool down time, as was confirmed by Latten too. the "partial upgrades" level of market which does not decrease, indicates the "chance" for getting X-Y range of contract values imo. and since it doesn't degrade then declining contracts have no penalty.
    ofc on the other hand, doing more contracts "in total" further upgrades market, and unlocks even "chance' for getting higher range of values.

if you are asking then why 5 of my contracts are still always in 0-10 value range, and only 1 is like green only, that is because "only the chance" to get the higher range unlocks, as the market upgrades, but this priority for "chance of appearing" will always remain true even in max upgraded market:

no color(most common) > green color(uncommon) > light blue color(exceptional) > dark blue color(rare) > dark purple color(super rare) > light purple color (legendary)

sth like that, and that means ^ even after unlocking the max quality contracts (max market upgrade) for example "chance" of light purple color contracts(quality 5) appearing will always be very lower than no color contracts (quality 0).

and for the second part of your message, you shouldn't.
    i am just suggesting to stock up lower flower shop recipes for later. not for these green or light blue colored quality contracts, they don't worth it.
    one should stock up lower recipes mainly for "contracts with extra good bonuses" mainly, and "very high quality contracts only", in other cases just decline the contract.
    edited 14.08.2015
    Griffith-
    I thought you had posited that maybe green meant timer. I have to be offline for several hours.

BTW - Has anyone else noticed the hardworker event to be longer? It appears to be 10 or 11 hours longer by my count.
  • MollieGlitch (US1)MollieGlitch (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    edited 14.08.2015
    OK, I read thru more than 20 pages of this thread and still don't know why I have only two stalls with zero bonus value. I have filled many orders. What's the trick?
    edited 14.08.2015
    Griffith-
    I thought you had posited that maybe green meant timer. I have to be offline for several hours.

BTW - Has anyone else noticed the hardworker event to be longer? It appears to be 10 or 11 hours longer by my count.

umm i don't remember if i posted that, but if i did then i must have just mistyped and if so then i apologize for the confusion and misunderstanding.

and yep i can also confirm that hardworker event time has certainly increased compared to last time. (not sure how many hours though)
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 14.08.2015
    OK, I read thru more than 20 pages of this thread and still don't know why I have only two stalls with zero bonus value. I have filled many orders. What's the trick?

No trick, fill more. :)

-Y
Sign In to comment.