Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Beware the Market Vendor

Comments

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 13.08.2015
    My market vendor doesn't show any offers either. The only thing I get is the regular orders in the organic market, and those pesky neighbours.
  • lelkilroy (US1)lelkilroy (US1) Posts: 77
    edited 13.08.2015
    i have had no problems with the Organic Farm. Only stuff they want all of is from main farm - was corn and cabbbage. Another time was eggs. Look at contracts before you give anything. I have had no problems with misclicks. I stop hovering to see what they want. I ignore them and after a while they walk away and a new one comes. I checked prices from market verses selling from farm management and the prices I get from market are a bit higher than if I sell from farm management. Plus with any bonus, the price is higher still. I have not been offered any mystery deals yet. After hearing what was said here, I will probably stay away from those.
  • DG312DG312 Posts: 28
    edited 13.08.2015
    I quite like it. The neighbours HAVE taken a lot of my stock, but I think I've sold it for more than I would have by doing a regular sell (honey cream and soap especially have earned me 10s of millions). It's another addition that some will like and some will ignore. Each to their own. I do agree that the location, though, is a bit too close to the farm, allowing for some unintentional deals.
    edited 13.08.2015
    I have yet to see any offers from the market vendor, only the regular organic market orders and neighbour orders. Help! Anyway after reading about those mystery offers I am sure I will decline those.
  • Farmer Loki (US1)Farmer Loki (US1) Posts: 125
    edited 13.08.2015
    Every single offer I've had from the grifters trying to buy my stuff has been at EXACTLY the same price as it would be if I sold it to the farm management---I check every time, and it's never more than what I would usually get. Plus I have yet to get any extra percentages when I have accidentally sold it to them. The purpose of putting it so close to the farm fence is no doubt so that you'll accidentally click on something when you don't mean to. Once, even after I only hovered over the grifter to see what he would pay me, I clicked WAAAY over on the side of the screen, because the bubble was stuck and wouldn't disappear & I thought it would if I clicked someplace that was nowhere NEAR the grifter, and when I clicked just to get rid of the bubble, it STILL sold my stuff. Either a glitch, or something sneaky and intentional. I have total lack of trust in anything regarding the market.

P.S. They NEVER want to buy anything from me so far from the main farm other than the most expensive thing--a buttload of my cherries. Everything they ask for is always from the gourmet farm and flower farm, and again, always the most expensive stuff, i. e. peaches, fruit pies, honey cream, etc.---no one ever asks me for donkeys or pigs.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 13.08.2015
    Just had a visit from the mystery vendor..... $150,000 for 30XP .........whew, better than 10 pigfeed :thumbup:
  • NegunuUser (GB1)NegunuUser (GB1) Posts: 10
    edited 13.08.2015
    When you buy from the neighbours, you also get a bonus of up to 20%, it depends on how fast you fill their order & then they have a smiley face with a tag saying what % you got :thumbup:

Not always, maybe a glitch, but I have now had 3 neighbours whose orders I fullfilled as soon as they arrived and got nothing extra at all, not even a broader smile :-(
  • Bestmenace2Bestmenace2 Posts: 179
    edited 13.08.2015
    I've always just got humus or pig feed for, get ready, ​1000 farm dollars!
  • lelkilroy (US1)lelkilroy (US1) Posts: 77
    edited 13.08.2015
    So yesterday I noticed the person manning the market booth had a bubble with stack of money over his head. I hovered over it and there was a question mark and price of 75000 (or was it 750000) I am assuming this is the vendor mystery deals. Still no problem with sale when I didn't want to. As to location of the market, I figured it was put in a place where we would be sure to see it and the offers(purchase or mystery deals). If it was put off to the side, we wouldn't see near as well. Actually didn't notice where the garage was moved to until yesterday LOL. Hadn't even thought to look for it. And I do give GGS some credit for boldly stating that skipping wait time for GOLD was an option. They also stated this well during the last NPNG event. I dont' remember them clearly stating gold useage before. Could just be the fading memory of an old man. lol
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    edited 14.08.2015
    The organic Market Vendor offered me a ? for $150,000.
    I gave him $150,000
    He gave me 10 standard pig feed!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was done!!
    Last pig in a poke I buy!!!!

Completely agree.. fool me once (10 bags feed) but not twice or three times...beefy farmer in overalls charging $70,000 for an unknown reward, why is it a reward when we are paying for it?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 14.08.2015
    Yes beware of the mystery buys !! They are not always good. I tried 5 times at 150,000 a pop and got 10 cow feed, 55 corn, 10 chicken feed, 1 humus, and the best one so far 10 super cow feed. Buyer beware!!
  • stefros2stefros2 Posts: 1
    edited 14.08.2015
    Is it true that this guy may give you spin coins for the WoF that you can otherwise only buy for gold? :O
  • sim533 (NL1)sim533 (NL1) Posts: 86
    edited 14.08.2015
    The Market Vendor doesn't really have things that are worthfully for 150K (lvl 91 and above).

Most chance to get is 60 Corn, 120 Cabbage, 160 Wheat, 10 (Chicken/Pig/Cow) Feed, 1 Humus, 10 Fertilizer, 50 Dandelion, 150 Barley, 160 Lamb's Lettuce, 10 (Goat/Donkey/Duck) Feed, 10 Liquid Fertilizer, 10 Honeydew, 15 XP, 10 Water; Less chance but still high chance to get is 10 (Chicken/Pig/Cow) Premium Feed, 1 Premium Humus, 10 Premium Fertilizer, 10 (Goat/Donkey/Duck) Premium Feed, 30 XP, 20 Water, 10 Premium Honeydew, 10 Premium Liquid Fertilizer; Rare chance to get is 10 Super (Chicken/Pig/Cow) Feed, 1 Super Humus, 10 Super Fertilizer, 45 XP, 10 (Goat/Donkey/Duck) Super Feed, 30 Water, 10 Super Liquid Fertilizer, 10 Super Honeydew; Extremely rare chance to get is 1 Mystery Box, 1 Spin Coin, 10 Seaweed Feed, 1 Seaweed Humus, 10 Seaweed Fertilizer.

40 prizes for yet another 'tombola'. :D
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 14.08.2015
    sim533 wrote: »
    The Market Vendor doesn't really have things that are worthfully for 150K (lvl 91 and above).

Most chance to get is 60 Corn, 120 Cabbage, 160 Wheat, 10 (Chicken/Pig/Cow) Feed, 1 Humus, 10 Fertilizer, 50 Dandelion, 150 Barley, 160 Lamb's Lettuce, 10 (Goat/Donkey/Duck) Feed, 10 Liquid Fertilizer, 10 Honeydew, 15 XP, 10 Water; Less chance but still high chance to get is 10 (Chicken/Pig/Cow) Feed Gold, 1 Humus Gold, 10 Fertilizer Gold, 10 (Goat/Donkey/Duck) Feed Gold, 30 XP, 20 Water, 10 Honeydew Gold, 10 Liquid Fertilizer Gold; Rare chance to get is 10 (Chicken/Pig/Cow) Feed Super, 1 Humus Super, 10 Fertilizer Super, 45 XP, 10 (Goat/Donkey/Duck) Feed Super, 30 Water, 10 Liquid Fertilizer Super, 10 Honeydew Super; Extremely rare chance to get is 1 Mystery Box, 1 Spin Coin, 10 Seaweed Feed, 1 Seaweed Humus, 10 Seaweed Fertilizer.

OMG how many times have you had him????..... I had him maybe 3 times ;(
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 14.08.2015

He claims to have found some game file that holds all that information and more. He is not disclosing how he found it and what it looks like though...
  • errykaerryka Posts: 29
    edited 14.08.2015

You win!! I have only seen him once.
    edited 14.08.2015
    stefros2 wrote: »
    Is it true that this guy may give you spin coins for the WoF that you can otherwise only buy for gold? :O

You can also win spin coins in many other things (co-op championships, some other events, horse tournament, as a random drop from fields - which is very rare). The vendor's tokens are just as rare as the random drop from the fields and the chance they come from a mystery box. The co-op champs and other events are more reliable ;)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 14.08.2015

Most chance to get is 60 Corn, 120 Cabbage, 160 Wheat, 10 (Chicken/Pig/Cow) Feed, 1 Humus, 10 Fertilizer, 50 Dandelion, 150 Barley, 160 Lamb's Lettuce, 10 (Goat/Donkey/Duck) Feed, 10 Liquid Fertilizer, 10 Honeydew, 15 XP, 10 Water; Less chance but still high chance to get is 10 (Chicken/Pig/Cow) Feed Gold, 1 Humus Gold, 10 Fertilizer Gold, 10 (Goat/Donkey/Duck) Feed Gold, 30 XP, 20 Water, 10 Honeydew Gold, 10 Liquid Fertilizer Gold; Rare chance to get is 10 (Chicken/Pig/Cow) Feed Super, 1 Humus Super, 10 Fertilizer Super, 45 XP, 10 (Goat/Donkey/Duck) Feed Super, 30 Water, 10 Liquid Fertilizer Super, 10 Honeydew Super; Extremely rare chance to get is 1 Mystery Box, 1 Spin Coin, 10 Seaweed Feed, 1 Seaweed Humus, 10 Seaweed Fertilizer.

Valuable info, Sim, thx!!

Only for the sake of a correct translation, sim: what do you mean by "gold" and "super"? What colour have the corresponding bags?

In Dutch the orange/gold bags are called "super" and the blue bags are called "premium". IMO "super" (gold bags)seems the best to get of those 2 and what we all hope for!

THX!
  • sim533 (NL1)sim533 (NL1) Posts: 86
    edited 14.08.2015
    Jiesta wrote: »
    Valuable info, Sim, thx!!

Only for the sake of a correct translation, sim: what do you mean by "gold" and "super"? What colour have the corresponding bags?

In Dutch the orange/gold bags are called "super" and the blue bags are called "premium". IMO "super" (gold bags)seems the best to get of those 2 and what we all hope for!

THX!
    Hi Jiesta,

I have edited the post above. Thanks for mentioning that mistake. ;)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 14.08.2015
    Hi Jiesta,

I have edited the post above. Thanks for mentioning that mistake. ;)

THX again - this is what I thought it should be...... What's more: I am extremely curious how/where you found this info, as the market is only 2 days old and this vendor only visited my farm twice (????).
    edited 14.08.2015
    I just had a ? offer!
    I got 10 fertilizer!!!!
    It's too silly!
    edited 16.08.2015
    Have a bad offer - 10 standard chicken feed for 500 dollars?
    GGS, you've gone too far!
    PS: This is not usually the case, but this is criticism, in my case! What I mean is, that, I hate to have criticism, put in my posts by myself!
    Edit: Hope this thread is moved to the sub-forum about criticism, and praise/suggestions!
  • WinnerSudais (INT1)WinnerSudais (INT1) Posts: 364
    edited 16.08.2015
    I got 1 premium humus for 3,000 dollars, good offer for me.
    edited 16.08.2015
    I got 1 premium humus for 3,000 dollars, good offer for me.
    I never get good offers!
    edited 16.08.2015
    Got a 2nd ? offer!
    I got.................... 10 STANDARD PIG FEED??????????????
    No more vendor from me, unless it's like 30 XP!
    edited 17.08.2015
    I finally have the Market Vendor...So at least I know it is working. But no way I'm wasting my money on him after reading this thread.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 17.08.2015
    We will revisit the market vendor in one of the next updates and change up his offers a bit :) We're aware that some players aren't happy about this feature, and we'll see what we can do to make him more attractive to everyone.

That said, he is supposed to sell some really shady deals in between some really good ones, so please keep that in mind :)
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 17.08.2015
    Latten wrote: »
    We will revisit the market vendor in one of the next updates and change up his offers a bit :) We're aware that some players aren't happy about this feature, and we'll see what we can do to make him more attractive to everyone.

That said, he is supposed to sell some really shady deals in between some really good ones, so please keep that in mind :)

I've yet to see a good one unless they hide behind the ?? . In which case, I would never know because I wouldn't waste my money on the off chance I might get something other than a few cow or pig feed.
    edited 17.08.2015
    Latten wrote: »

That also means he is supposed to sell some really good deals in between some really shady ones. I have not seen or heard any of that yet - most people report shady deals. I hope the update will enhance that a bit more, because I am not trying my money for the off chance that I might, just might ever get something I could like.
  • Hodor4Hodor4 Posts: 192
    edited 17.08.2015
    From what I've seen reported (I never took the one deal that I've been offered) the disappointment in the shady deals that have been taken far outweighs the really good ones (I've only seen the WOF token mentioned, but may have missed others).
Sign In to comment.