Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 4th - The Market - Feedback and Questions

Comments

• SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 11.08.2015
    Thanks gavin, just trying to lighten the mood around here. Figured I'm not the only one that is upset another update has gone terribly wrong.
  • quest (NL1)quest (NL1) Posts: 15
    edited 11.08.2015
    2 magic words:

'Test server'

Every self-respecting game producing company invests in a thing like a test server to get every new update tested for obvious bugs. Putting new updates directly onto live servers will lead to so much frustration with the customers that they will run away screaming when this will happen too frequently.
    So PLEASE invest in a test server with real players that can report bugs to GGS so that the most obious bugs can be sorted out before the S*** hits the fan like it does now.
  • Tammy91 (US1)Tammy91 (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    edited 11.08.2015
    twice in 12 hours I have not been able to play, I would like 2 days added to temp farm please. This new upgrade better be worth all this hassle.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 11.08.2015
    This is not a roll back. I still have the initial changes, from when the update first occurred around midnight in the US.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 11.08.2015
    Thanks a lot.
    But on my skn farm I already have water tower level 3 on main and flower farm, and level 2 on the gourmet.
    At the moment I can't logon my us farm, but as far I remember, I there have water tower level 3 on main farm and level 2 on gourmet and flower farm.

Water towers cost gold, and upgrading water towers cost lots of gold... are you working for GGS? :p
    I'm a moderate gold player, and I already have buy tons of gold, and I have no plans for buying more gold (I already have buy so much gold, that I for the same money could have buy 2, maybe 3 brand new disc-based games to install on my pc)

Both my farm are nice balanced, and that's why I don't want to sell feed and fluid fertilizer... furthermore I'm absolutly not sure I earn money on these products, because I know If I try to overflow producing them, I get a warning which say I first have to sell some from my storage with a lose.

one doesn't have to be a gold-buyer to buy or upgrade library boosters or water tower enough to have excess feed though, and same goes for crops even too, and pretty much all other library boosters... and with that, that's as far as my discussion with you can go in this subject at least i guess, I know you are angry of the bugs and such, but calling me a GGS agent wasn't really peaceful comment i guess. so ok, have it your own way, sorry for wasting both our times.

but I guess at least one person here understood that I was trying to help, so I can't say I regret sharing this information at least.
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    Griffith,

I don't disagree with everything. I am not "down" on the update. I, too, experienced the selling at a much lower price and right inside the contract menu.

As to the rising bonus....if it reaches the 50 percent or 100 percent, then that changes things a little. If not, it is not enough of a difference to cause a person to change their production horizon to include different things, which I perceived as a goal of GGS (to "force" more diversification).

Then there is the ship. You have to be really careful, because if you go too gung-ho with the market, and cause yourself to miss filling the boat, then you can have missed more dollars, horseshoes and xp's. Missing the boat, even just once a day, by my math, would undo, any possible benefit from the market.

well if the value be less than normal, that needs to be fixed, no argue with that.
    and in the "help" button it shows, the contract will upgrade to quality 5 even at least. whatever that means yet I don't know either, but not necessarily it may even mean 50%, for one thing it may give Gold even, who knows, and if true, then I think at least all free users (such as myself) should love this market.
    and yep I totally agree, that is why I also mentioned in my previous message, the market is for "excess" materials only. not for selling what one needs (and by that I meant considering ship needs too)
    and while we are at it, let me give another important tip to many players too, If you already have unlocked honey cream and box of soap, then don't go making "floral perfume" or "basically any lower recipes than scented oil" in flower shop, EVEN if it gives 20% more dollars. because you will lose more dollars by simply "not making honey cream or soap instead", so while it seems like a profit, it will actually be a greater loss = opportunity loss.
    so if you have unlocked and can make the last 3 recipes in flower shop, just use the "cancel" button for the contract if there was any other flower shop recipe in them (from normal bouquet to floral perfume even).
    (well u can make an exception for floral perfume too, if you are a "achievement" point collector, but for the rest use cancel I promise you, it's better to do that and wait 30minutes for new contract than actually making those useless recipes and wasting your precious flower shop time)
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 11.08.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    Griffith Good thinking mate. In all your posts above. I'm sort of going along the same lines.

Some players get easily frustrated needlessly without giving the things time to settle.

So far I like the new market very much. It will take some adjustments to playing style, and will probably make good use of some materials. Looking forward to that level ratio increase. Hope it will prove true to Griffit's reasoning above.
    Neighbours could be organised in less "accidental way", aggree to that.
    Appart from bug load delivered as friebie extras, can't say much more yet then "good job GGS". :)

On top of that, I'm already looking forward to the next anounced feature. I'm nearly regretting there are so many so much better things to do in reall life which prevent me from playing more, as this game is so excellent in many respects. Although admittedly overloaded at times for some. Anyway, thanks GGS for great fun and sort of "smart" game. :)

Well said, Kamilcom! We do get easily frustrated - & vocal!

It's always confusing at first & that is part of the fun when learning something new. If we did things perfectly, every time, on the first try - life would be boring. This new feature will require some new strategies, specific to each of our farms (how wonderful!). And like SandraUser602 stated - we do behave a little like addicts w/ our drug taken away.

My heart & prayers to the GGS team, working their best to resolve these issues as fast and effectively as they can - all the while knowing they have frustrated players (& mgmt too, no doubt) waiting on them. Patience :|
    Griffith wrote: »
    ... and while we are at it, let me give another important tip to many players too, If you already have unlocked honey cream and box of soap, then don't go making "floral perfume" or "basically any lower recipes than scented oil" in flower shop, EVEN if it gives 20% more dollars. because you will lose more dollars by simply "not making honey cream or soap instead", so while it seems like a profit, it will actually be a greater loss = opportunity loss.
    so if you have unlocked and can make the last 3 recipes in flower shop, just use the "cancel" button for the contract if there was any other flower shop recipe in them (from normal bouquet to floral perfume even).
    (well u can make an exception for floral perfume too, if you are a "achievement" point collector, but for the rest use cancel I promise you, it's better to do that and wait 30minutes for new contract than actually making those useless recipes and wasting your precious flower shop time)

Haven't been able to do the math yet (w/ the server downtime), but that is an excellent point. Thanks Griffith. I will definitely look into this one. I stopped making any of the flower arrangements once I was able to make soap & lotion.

Edit by PINJO: please use edit or multi-quote button
    edited 11.08.2015
    My farm appears to be working properly, after a brief time with it. I have to go pick up my nephew. I will be back in a couple of hours and a lot during prime time in the USA to report issues. I did just sell to a passer-by and I do not like that I don't know what I sold or how much of it.

Also, if times were adjusted on anything, I can't see it.

Edit by PINJO: please use edit button
  • tarise (US1)tarise (US1) Posts: 37
    edited 11.08.2015
    Well finally got on my farm!! Says they had to roll back a few hours so they're giving me 250 gold (which I really need btw) and guess what - no 250 gold. I still have the same total gold I had since yesterday. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 11.08.2015
    tarise wrote: »
    Well finally got on my farm!! Says they had to roll back a few hours so they're giving me 250 gold (which I really need btw) and guess what - no 250 gold. I still have the same total gold I had since yesterday. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Others have said that logging off and back on will get your gold back, but with how things are going today, who knows?
  • fjutta (SKN1)fjutta (SKN1) Posts: 14
    edited 11.08.2015
    Now the walking dead..... neighbour worked to click on. Have no idea why i couldn't do that earlier
  • cityfarmari (SKN1)cityfarmari (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 40
    edited 11.08.2015
    I do not know if this has answered already, but is there information if this market place is permanent feature?
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 11.08.2015
    Need the market items/buildings larger. Big space, tiny items in it.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 11.08.2015
    rocnrobn wrote: »
    Need the market items/buildings larger. Big space, tiny items in it.

it will automatically upgrade when you do enough contracts.
    see this for example mine just upgraded one level:
    3505mqa.jpg
  • tarise (US1)tarise (US1) Posts: 37
    edited 11.08.2015
    Others have said that logging off and back on will get your gold back, but with how things are going today, who knows?
    Thank you!! That did the trick for me :)
  • krr16 (US1)krr16 (US1) Posts: 17
    edited 11.08.2015
    Where did the garage move to now that the market took its place??
  • Calandiva (SKN1)Calandiva (SKN1) Posts: 16
    edited 11.08.2015
    krr: down besides the airport.
  • krr16 (US1)krr16 (US1) Posts: 17
    edited 11.08.2015
    Have not added the 250 gold. Also game came on - I did a few things - including all the dog tricks and was awarded $$$ that was $100,000 - never got the $100,000 added to $$ total?????
  • ZezeeZezee Posts: 1
    edited 11.08.2015
    I don't love that when you decline a contract you lose the products you've already put in. I accidentally donated some products for a contract I knew I wouldn't be able to fill, and now I've lost all of a particular product that I had. I was pretty annoyed when I realized that no matter what I did, that mistake was made and I couldn't get any of it back.
  • turfninny (US1)turfninny (US1) Posts: 14
    edited 11.08.2015
    It's now down beside the airport.

Calandiva beat me to it.
  • markezuma (US1)markezuma (US1) Posts: 10
    edited 11.08.2015
    After a lot of down time in the past few day my farm is up and running again. The organic market is a good concept and I made a lot of money all at once because I like to save up product in games like this. But much of my surplus has already been sold, and I don't think I have any way to keep up with the demand. Perhaps this is because I am only lvl 37. But if that's the case then it would probably be better to scale things back for lower level players who want to gain the full benefits of the new features.
  • timvalen (US1)timvalen (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 11.08.2015
    markezuma wrote: »
    The organic market is a good concept and I made a lot of money all at once because I like to save up product in games like this. But much of my surplus has already been sold...

I'm the same way, I let my inventory fill up and then just sell off the top as I go. This practice gives me plenty of extra on hand when I need cash.

I started the Market before the second rollback. Once the game came back on line, I did not restart the Market. I felt I was only selling off my stuff on the Markets terms, rather that my own, and at the same market value rather than making more profit. I read where there are rewards later, however, I will not be participating in the Market for now. Unless I find out something down the line that I don't know now. Peace...
    edited 11.08.2015
    Again, I see no adjustment to the times. Steffi, am I missing something?
  • UserDIgger2UserDIgger2 Posts: 62
    edited 11.08.2015
    bionog wrote: »
    2 magic words:

'Test server'

Every self-respecting game producing company invests in a thing like a test server to get every new update tested for obvious bugs. Putting new updates directly onto live servers will lead to so much frustration with the customers that they will run away screaming when this will happen too frequently.
    So PLEASE invest in a test server with real players that can report bugs to GGS so that the most obious bugs can be sorted out before the S*** hits the fan like it does now.

HERE HERE! This one needs to be reposted again and again and again. You know, like our game being reset again and again and again. Oh the 250 gold was nice. It was nice the second time only we really didn't get a second time did we? Just a rerun.

Know what? I'm not even going to bother harvesting anything. Came on after this mornings resets, did a mission, got upgrades going, for nothing. Why bother doing it all again? Maybe tomorrow. See how many more times things get reset by then.
  • Suzie FarmerSuzie Farmer Posts: 4
    edited 11.08.2015
    Re: ORGANIC MARKET

*Please* move the 'neighbors' with tab/contract offers farther away from my farm fence.

Please consider moving them to upper right of the market.

I accidentally clicked on one and it gave me the offer and I didn't even have the opportunity to consider what was being offered (and from the looks of it the offers are not attractive prices -- should be city people come to the country marketing and offering a nice price, not poor neighbors looking for a bargain).
    edited 11.08.2015
    Okay, Griffith, my bonus box is still on zero and I have done several dozen transactions. When should I expect it to change?

I have to get to activity stage 3, but what does that require?
  • Porkies (INT1)Porkies (INT1) Posts: 103
    edited 11.08.2015
    How about putting my garage back where it was and getting rid of that garbage you yoyo's put in it's place?
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 12.08.2015
    one doesn't have to be a gold-buyer to buy or upgrade library boosters or water tower enough to have excess feed though, and same goes for crops even too, and pretty much all other library boosters... and with that, that's as far as my discussion with you can go in this subject at least i guess, I know you are angry of the bugs and such, but calling me a GGS agent wasn't really peaceful comment i guess. so ok, have it your own way, sorry for wasting both our times.

Seriusly, I don't think you are a GGS agent :)
    - that was just mean as an ironic joke... I'm sad you misunderstand it.

But ok, anyway I'll try to show you why I feel that market is useless for me:
    Take a look a this from my skn farm:
    sknmarket1.png

Now let's try hover over them:
    sknmarket2.png

sknmarket3.png

Or what about this one from my us farm:
    usmarket1.png

See what I mean?
    - ok I can earn lots of money there... but at the same time I totaly empty my storage for products which takes very long time to fill up again!

I need lots of horseshoes to train and breeding my horses, so to fill the ship is much more important to me than than earning some dollars from that stupid market.
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 12.08.2015
    it will automatically upgrade when you do enough contracts.
    see this for example mine just upgraded one level:
    3505mqa.jpg

Thanks! Glad to see it grows..
  • coolguy576 (US1)coolguy576 (US1) Posts: 27
    edited 12.08.2015
    You lock us out of the game to do your whatevers. But the timers continue to run. We have lost another project due to being locked out. if u lock out give us more time......
    after this lock out i am back finding tracks where i was before i was locked out and had to restart allllll over.
  • tampoon (INT1)tampoon (INT1) Posts: 197
    edited 12.08.2015
    The only merit is that they are looking for honeydew which I had no channel to sell. If they are going to buy fertilizers, dungs, that would be great.
    However, there is no way to get rid of the neighbours, right? I got 3 visitors at the moment.
Sign In to comment.