Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Praise: Organic Market is looking good

Hello!

The organic market event (or is it here to stay?) is looking good, giving much needed game dollars to those hard working farmers whom stock their barns.

Still need to wait and see if the multiple contracts is worth it's pixels, or that the customers at the market would take the harvests from special seeds won in events (roses, buttercups, rapaseeds etc).

- Eat
Post edited by Eatalot (GB1) on

Comments

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 11.08.2015
    The contracts I did, before the rollback, made very little money. The 'neighbors' who come to your farm offer exactly what you would make if you sold the item yourself.

Don't forget, you still have a ship to fill every 6 hours and that gives you dollars, XP and horseshoes.
  • Hodor4Hodor4 Posts: 192
    edited 11.08.2015
    My contracts all make 5% more than the usual selling price. The visitors offer selling price plus a % bonus depending on how quick you serve them.
  • pasohsatuh (INT1)pasohsatuh (INT1) Posts: 14
    edited 11.08.2015
    This is one of the worse features introduced in this game. Just ignore the Organic Farm and it will save you from future troubles.
    Some prefer to learn from experience..then go ahead and enjoy the sh##.
  • Eatalot (GB1)Eatalot (GB1) Posts: 5
    edited 11.08.2015
    I don't share the same sentiment, in just over 4 hours, I've made over a million.

- Eat
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 11.08.2015
    Way to early to tell. Looks like each farmer will have to manage their inventory better - demands of the organic market, ship captain, side tasks & events. Should keep it interesting.

Side note: Orange, organic truck. I think only yellow is missing from our rainbow of trucks! lol
  • Cookiie4meCookiie4me Posts: 655
    edited 11.08.2015
    I like the new market too --- I held out for the right contract and when it comes back you are at a higher level and make even more money. This adds even more strategy to managing your products so you have enough for the ship too. I'm sure the negative feelings may pass once everyone recovers from the chaos of the roll-out this morning.
  • Mac32265 (US1)Mac32265 (US1) Posts: 6
    edited 12.08.2015
    If the Market is going to continue as is right now they are going to Have To REDUCE the growing times for some things & REDUCE the Production Times for products because you Can Not Keep Up with the Market, The Ship &The Events going all at once.
  • swarm (GB1)swarm (GB1) GB1 Posts: 9
    edited 12.08.2015
    I know there are many farmers out there with vented frustrations who have lost a lot over last day or so due to upgrades (myself included!) - hopefully these issues (the major ones at least) will be sorted soon.

On a positive note, I want to praise the development team on the organic farm addition - again - I've read the criticism on other posts - but for me it is a great addition:-
    • I get more money for goods than if sold through farm management
    • It increases the strategic management of the game as I need to decide "if", "how", "when" to sell, to store etc
    • This is not level based, or competitive, except against yourself to fulfill contracts - like it!
    • No need to use gold - can simply delete contracts and wait for new ones
    • As a lower level user, I don't feel "small" or "inadequate" as the market is based on my farm's own abilities.
    • I love the animated people and their annoying habit of asking for things I have scheduled to use elsewhere...should I or shouldn't I?
    • Sometimes on this game when you are waiting for upgrades or crop/animal products to complete the game can get a little dull - the market adds another element to keep you interested

All in all - a welcome update - even though the means to get it still have repercussions for so many farmers - i do hope all the coops are restored promptly - I would feel so lost without my farming buddies :S

Happy Farming!
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 12.08.2015
    I kinda like the organic market too, I can just decline the contracts that will interfere with running my farms.

What I DISLIKE is the neighbours standing there with a ridiculous request for hard-earn products that you need to run your farm. Too easy to click on them in error and lose a lot of stuff.
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 13.08.2015
    swarm wrote: »
    ... On a positive note, I want to praise the development team on the organic farm addition - again - I've read the criticism on other posts - but for me it is a great addition:-
    • I get more money for goods than if sold through farm management
    • It increases the strategic management of the game as I need to decide "if", "how", "when" to sell, to store etc
    • This is not level based, or competitive, except against yourself to fulfill contracts - like it!
    • No need to use gold - can simply delete contracts and wait for new ones
    • As a lower level user, I don't feel "small" or "inadequate" as the market is based on my farm's own abilities.
    • I love the animated people and their annoying habit of asking for things I have scheduled to use elsewhere...should I or shouldn't I?
    • Sometimes on this game when you are waiting for upgrades or crop/animal products to complete the game can get a little dull - the market adds another element to keep you interested

Well said, Swarm! 8)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file