Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Merge New and Old Gourmet Farms

In March, 2014, GGS did something that intrigued most of us, if not all of us. They remade the gourmet farm. They added new, adorable animals, added new recipes, and new products. However, they also made a lot of mistakes, IMO. Ever since this update, I have noticed that the new gourmet farm has much greater payout, but only if you can meet it's massive new demands.

One part of the new payout is the huge reward from the fruit cake with cream. You make 492 fruit cakes, and you get 714 dollars per cake, if the research is done, and you get a total payout of 351,288 farm dollars. However, this takes 1520 milk, 570 peaches, and 665 cherries. And when you first get the bakery, this is the only product you can make, sadly. That's counter-intuitive, as it would be better if you could use your already stocked up apples and eggs to make the turnovers. I would go over the other products, but I don't want to bore you to death with the details unless you want them.

There is a way to fix this, however , so that those of us with underdeveloped farms can profit off of the excess eggs we might have no use for, other than selling and the pasta basket. I have a great idea that is going to result in more profit for all of us. The old restaurant, which was WAY too big, had 4 basic recipes for it. The egg omelet, applesauce, yogurt, and cherry something-or-other. I wouldn't suggest bringing any other products back, as that requires new buildings NO ONE wants to place, especially the higher levels who have fully developed their gourmet farms. Instead, just bring back the 4 recipes listed above, and we can all decide for ourselves whether or not we want to make them, or if we want to make the new items instead. This would, in essence, bring back the best part of the old restaurant, without bring back all the annoying rebuilding along with it. I hope this idea is taken seriously, and my best hopes are that this would be put into the game so that we all could enjoy a little more variety.

Gohan139
Post edited by Gohan139 (US1) on

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 10.08.2015
    I do admit that the bakery products have already seemed to be in the reverse order of what they should be. Even if they don't bring back the exact old ones, expanding to 8 items from 4, like the flower shop, might be helpful.......though, this would be rather low on my list of upgrades, below fixing the islands and other things.
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 10.08.2015
    I like the idea, having as many choices as the Flower shop does.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 10.08.2015
    Some recipes to bring the Flower farm into the loop would be good too. They could use honey, olives, citrus or olive oil.
  • Amanda Maye4Amanda Maye4 Posts: 39
    edited 10.08.2015
    I would love more recipes and timing options for bakery. Actually since the update the OP mentions, my Gourmet Farm is my lowest developed farm, as I have seen no reason to devote time and money there with the bakery's limited options.
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 11.08.2015
    Some recipes to bring the Flower farm into the loop would be good too. They could use honey, olives, citrus or olive oil.

Great idea, additional recipe options that ties back to the Flower farm!
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 11.08.2015
    I like the gourmet farm just as it is, I finished upgrading it as far as i could around 4 months ago without using the architect and now just need to use him to finish it off. The key is to not use my money for any of the temporary farms and concentrate on that farm specifically

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file