Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion (or Criticism): Prime Sale Icon Placement

Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
The placement of the HotDeal, PrimeSale, etc., icons is less than ideal and with 4 of them up at the moment is seriously obstructing access to the top corner of the farm.

If this row of icons started 2 places to the left (so that the 3rd one was under the players name rather than the 1st one) they would still be highly visible but a whole lot less of a nuisance!

imo
Post edited by Uncle John (GB1) on

Comments

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 30.03.2015
    Hey Uncle John2,

unfortunately there are some restrictions as to where we can put icons as the minimum resolution we currently offer is 800x600 (due to the fact that the game is embedded to partner websites, etc.).

If you scale down the game to a window of roughly this size, you will see that we can barely move the buttons any further to the left.

However, of course we get where you're coming from and will make sure to pass on your feedback. :)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 30.03.2015
    Thankyou Steffi, Your response is much appreciated. Informative, understanding, prompt, hopeful. You are ace 8)
  • Gilarm (GB1)Gilarm (GB1) Posts: 21
    edited 08.05.2015
    why not place these at the top left of the screen where they don't interfere with your being able to see all your farm.
    Gilarm
    edited 08.05.2015
    I asked this one recently. See

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?136563-Suggestion-(or-Criticism)-Prime-Sale-Icon-Placement

It has to do with GGS supporting minimum screen resolutions
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 08.05.2015
    If we used the minimum screen resolutions, do the " icons" stay the same size or do they appear smaller along with the screen ? . Of course the hot deals/prime sales popping up could be made a wee bit smaller, but then most of us get used to simply closing them/ignoring them every 30 minutes that they appear
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 09.05.2015
    bikeboy wrote: »
    If we used the minimum screen resolutions, do the " icons" stay the same size or do they appear smaller along with the screen ?

They fill all the spaces from corner to corner, instead of having those clear areas that you probably have in the corners at the moment.
  • kira802kira802 Posts: 4
    edited 09.05.2015
    now theres 5 of them VERY ANNOYING!!! takes up 1/4 of the screen
  • MoonlimeMoonlime Posts: 116
    edited 30.05.2015
    I agree. The screen is cluttered!

Agreed. Also, where are the 150 and 200% offers? I have decreased my gold buying significantly because I don't see those anymore AND due to poor answers from customer service.

Oh well, I guess it doesn't really hurt me..I was just wondering.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 30.05.2015
    Someone, who has been playing for more than 2 years, says you won't get the 200% offer if you buy gold regularly. It may show up about a year after your last purchase.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    edited 31.05.2015
    @! icons, i say, "Screw 'em!"
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 31.05.2015
    Someone, who has been playing for more than 2 years, says you won't get the 200% offer if you buy gold regularly. It may show up about a year after your last purchase.

And that's true.
    On my skn farm I have over time buy a lot of gold, and there I have not see a 200% offer in more than a year.
    On my us farm, I only have buy a little gold a few times, and there I ofen get a 200% offer
    edited 04.08.2015
    We ofen have seen players complain about all the offers up the top of the screen, and sometimes it happens that people accidentally buying an offer they do not want to buy.
    Therefore, I suggest the following changes:

Move the offers to the bottomline of the screen, left or right to our bottom menu bar, something like this way:
    buttomlineoffers.png

I think this should be a win/win for both GGS and the players, because by this way, these offers are not in the way for players who have production buildings in the top of their farm, and not deface the wiev of the farm for anybody.
    Here's the win situation for GGS:
    This following picture shows how I normaly wieving my farm:
    farmwiev.png
    Where are the offers most visible for me?
    - at the top?
    - or left or right side in the bottom? (And NO, I don't want them at both sides at same time, I only have dublicated to both sides, for showing they are much more visible in the bottom, whatever they are at the left or right side)

Furthermore I suggest a little change how the primesales looks and works.
    Remove the "buy" button from the popup there suddenly without warning popup in our playing area:
    newprimesale.png
    If a player now click at the green arrow button, intentionally or accidentally, a new popup shows up, looking so much different from the first one, that it should be very clearly that you now are in the buy section.
    By this way, if you by an accident have hit the green arrow in the firts popup, you in the second popup have one more chance to avoid buy an offer you dont want to buy.
    By this way I'm quit sure we'll not longer see so many complaints from players who by an accident have buy an offer they don't want to buy.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 04.08.2015
    I think u will find that the spaces you have are not there for other screen resolutions.
  • Bestmenace2Bestmenace2 Posts: 179
    edited 04.08.2015
    I think this is a prob everybody has!
    I agree with you!
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 04.08.2015
    I like the idea of moving them, perhaps a bit over to the left of where they are now closer to task bar area, under our names. As RWS says, differing resolutions have not that much space beside the bottom bar.
    edited 04.08.2015
    I suggested this some time ago Brian. GGS wish to keep the game playable by everyone, even those with old, minimum resolution screens. On such a screen, the bottom menu bar only just fits so nothing can be outside that width. :(
  • Bestmenace2Bestmenace2 Posts: 179
    edited 04.08.2015
    But how many people play on a old computer/laptop? That's right, not many!
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 04.08.2015
    Unfortunately, a lot have older pc's. See it daily in my work.
    edited 04.08.2015
    I don't understand why people absolutly want to play bigfarm on a smartphone/Iphone screen? (just kidding:p )
    Seriusly: Woops, sorry I have forget to check out my idea on lower resolutions. :(
    And yes, I know there still are people using old computers with small 15" screen with low resolution.
    - it's easy to forget things like that when I in several years have used a 21" screen with a high resolution.
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 04.08.2015
    Another option would be to move the side pop-out menus either to the top or bottom (my preference) of the screen edge instead of centered vertically. Then put the hot deal/prime time, etc icons could be placed along the along the edge. This placement probably wouldn't be as affected by screen resolution.

Sorry, no time to make a graphic.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 05.08.2015
    Pity it wouldn't work on lower res screens, because it was a pretty awesome idea!

Vertically, above for instance the tasks would maybe work....? Briannospam, do you have the chance to make a piccie for that?

On Empire the offers are vertically arranged, but just as badly in the middle of things as well. They come up from the bottom of the screen, about at the location where we have our mission/project thing. Not bad on Empire when you only have 1 offer, increasingly irritating when they're 2 or more. I'll get a screenshot when I think of it....
  • monica1230 (US1)monica1230 (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 05.08.2015
    There has to be someplace they can be moved, on my small screen I have to move the farm constantly to access things. The pop ups in the middle of the screen, when I sign on I seem to have more and more to close all the time. I understand they are all part of not having ads on the screen but the more the game advances the more they interfere
  • lelkilroy (US1)lelkilroy (US1) Posts: 77
    edited 05.08.2015
    hey all, I know this is a an old thread - but I just wanted to say I LOVE the idea Brianno. Wonder if anything new has transpired since you first suggested this. At some point those smaller resolution screens will be gone and no way to replace them. Again Great idea Brianno.
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 05.08.2015
    Kudos to you, Brian, for bringing up one really irritating subject.

• Yes to moving them out of the way (bottom left/right or on the sides).
    • Yes to making the icons SMALLER!

Good grief, those things are SOOOO annoying. They're always in the way and I'm constantly having to move my farm around those %*@# offers and/or mis-clicking & having to close the stupid offer windows. They are larger than they need to be; hanging below the upper band of drop down menus (already a very busy area) and sticking way down into the workspace area of our farms. Whether covering up visitors to the parking lot or parts of our farm, they are a constant, every hour, every day annoyance.

PLEASE MOVE THEM & PLEASE SHRINK THEM DOWN!!!!! X( (wow, the more I typed the more vexation kept bubbling up about this subject) Thanks for the therapy session, Brian. LOL, your payment check is in the mail....:p
  • Wendytsj626Girl (US1)Wendytsj626Girl (US1) US1 Posts: 190
    edited 24.08.2015
    The top of the farm screen has become so crowded with icons and counters, that its starting to obstruct the view of parts of the farm. Specifically, the "prime time deal" box, prime spending icon, and the various sale of items icon interferes with the ability to see ready to harvest/collect from mills and workshops. Could they be moved to stretch across the top of the screen rather than stacking them in the center? (maybe remove my no-friend counter?)
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 24.08.2015
    Can I please suggest that you all be careful of what you wish for. I have an account with Empire and I have stopped playing that game as the pop-ups completely cover the bottom of my playing field. There is no way of getting rid of them - apart from buying oodles of gold to remove the Special Offers, but if I did that then I am sure that there would soon be more to take their place. I would hate if the Hot Deals covered the bottom of my farm.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file