Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 4th - The Market - Feedback and Questions

Comments

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 03.08.2015
    The market sounds very interesting. Something new and a reason to stay on the farm.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 03.08.2015
    Sounds interesting indeed ..... I do have only one small fear though: how much more will this addition slack up the game and/or slow down our computer?
    edited 03.08.2015
    Jiesta wrote: »
    Sounds interesting indeed ..... I do have only one small fear though: how much more will this addition slack up the game and/or slow down our computer?

I was thinking that myself. With people walking up the road to the market...more animation is not good for many players. How will this work for those who, for one reason or another, keep their animations turned off?
  • Max999 (GB1)Max999 (GB1) Posts: 107
    edited 03.08.2015
    Now this sounds like an interesting addition to the farm. Just love a good market. I am excited !!!!!!!!:D
  • samridh2002 (IN1)samridh2002 (IN1) Posts: 86
    edited 03.08.2015
    Hey this update will take place during the coop championship right?
  • SaumyaD2SaumyaD2 Posts: 42
    edited 03.08.2015
    He he...This market idea was suggested by our coop leader Prince Manish here..... :)

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?138812-Suggestion-What-about-a-Marketplace

Thanks ggs
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 03.08.2015
    This sounds interesting, and fun... :)
    Since nothing are mentioned about an event, I understand it at that way it's a like the ship... This market is a permanent thing (no breaks, it's running all time)
    - to me it looks a little like a combination of the ship and Omar.

What about these Time trial contracts. As I read it, they gives big orders which maybe not be possible to deliver after one harvest... what happen if we have deliver a part of the order and the time then run out before we could complete the order?
    edited 03.08.2015
    This sounds interesting, and fun... :)
    Since nothing are mentioned about an event, I understand it at that way it's a like the ship... This market is a permanent thing (no breaks, it's running all time)
    - to me it looks a little like a combination of the ship and Omar.

What about these Time trial contracts. As I read it, they gives big orders which maybe not be possible to deliver after one harvest... what happen if we have deliver a part of the order and the time then run out before we could complete the order?

"In case you added goods for a contract that you could not complete, a last chance option will be offered to let you fulfill the contract using gold"
  • bigpapa12bigpapa12 Posts: 87
    edited 03.08.2015
    SaumyaD2 wrote: »
    He he...This market idea was suggested by our coop leader Prince Manish here..... :)

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?138812-Suggestion-What-about-a-Marketplace

Thanks ggs

I guess he did say marketplace but that's the only thing that's the same
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 03.08.2015
    Sounds intriguing..........Given that GGS seems to refuse to do anything about the absolutely absurd expense of event farms, any new, additional income stream would be very welcome

I admit to being a little concerned by the possible new placement of the garage, but I gladly reserve judgment to see exactly how that shakes out.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 03.08.2015
    Update sound very exciting!!!.... Wonder how many different visitors we will get, or if its just lots of Benny in his disguises again lol

Market_Post.png

No Pain, no Gain - Timers are back in event tooltip and productivity gauge display. They are now synchronized between all instances.

Disappointed to see they have fixed the 2 broken timers instead of giving us one that we can see all the time :(
    Would prefer to have something like Omar or Steve have, so we can easily see any changes in the time as we harvest & we can also see when a box is nearing the end if its been running for a long time, without having to keep clicking or hovering to check the progress. I had a few run out when I wasn`t paying attention, because there is nothing to catch your eye.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 03.08.2015
    "In case you added goods for a contract that you could not complete, a last chance option will be offered to let you fulfill the contract using gold"

Thank you duffy :)

But if there are partial deliveries, I am more interested in knowing what happens to the already part-delivered goods if the time expires and I will not use gold to complete the contract.
    Will I then get nothing for the goods delivered or what happens?
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 03.08.2015
    Heyhey!
    I was thinking that myself. With people walking up the road to the market...more animation is not good for many players. How will this work for those who, for one reason or another, keep their animations turned off?

It should(!) work somilar to workers on your farm. Instead of wandering about, they will appear and disappear without any animation.

I'll have this confirmed, though, just to be sure.

Edit: Those workers need a tiny bit of animation to be functional. Animations are added with performance in mind, though. :)
    Update sound very exciting!!!.... Wonder how many different visitors we will get, or if its just lots of Benny in his disguises again lol

Benny in disguise? Are you saying Benny, Denny, Kenny, Lenny, Jenny and..... Sherry are all just Benny in disguise? Wow.

We have new models prepared for those visiting neighbors, you'll see. ;)
    But if there are partial deliveries, I am more interested in knowing what happens to the already part-delivered goods if the time expires and I will not use gold to complete the contract.
    Will I then get nothing for the goods delivered or what happens?

As said before, you will get a chance to put these goods to use with a last chance option.
    If that option is not used, partly delivered goods will get lost if a contract was not finished in time.

Regards,
    Steffi
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 03.08.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Benny in disguise? Are you saying Benny, Denny, Kenny, Lenny, Jenny and..... Sherry are all just Benny in disguise? Wow.

We have new models prepared for those visiting neighbors, you'll see. ;)

Sherry? Haven`t see him as Sherry yet, is that his saturday night special? smiley-laughing021.gif
    c20b752fefa4149ebc625ec6cacf829c.jpg
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 03.08.2015
    Sounds good so far. I'm waiting to see. It's just around the corner. :)
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 03.08.2015
    I thought it was Penny... not Sherry...

-Y
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 03.08.2015
    This new market place sounds like a nice addition to the game. I am looking forward to it.
  • Bestmenace2Bestmenace2 Posts: 179
    edited 03.08.2015
    Tuesday is a good day for a update!
    What time, though?
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 03.08.2015
    sherry? Haven`t see him as sherry yet, is that his saturday night special? smiley-laughing021.gif
    c20b752fefa4149ebc625ec6cacf829c.jpg

LMBO!!!!! :thumbsup:

So, no more waterfalls for the Camping Event? (I liked the waterfall decos ;( sniff...) Always looking forward to new decos, though.
    edited 03.08.2015
    Tuesday is a good day for a update!
    What time, though?

Updates are usually done around 11:00 - 12:00 CEST.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 03.08.2015
    But they also announced a technical maintenance on the US1 server tomorrow between 11 - 12 CEST .... so, maybe it's their intention to do it all at the same time? Might take quite some time then..... ??
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 03.08.2015
    From the announcement:
    Booster books are available for Winter Night and Viking Farms.

Will the same set of booster books apply to both the Winter Night and Viking Farms (I hope), or will we have to buy separate books for each farm?
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 03.08.2015
    I will wait until after the update, in the middle of a challenge before i give a comment .....
    edited 04.08.2015
    Pingo42 wrote: »
    Will the same set of booster books apply to both the Winter Night and Viking Farms (I hope), or will we have to buy separate books for each farm?
    The Northern Lights farm is the updated Viking farm.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 04.08.2015
    From the announcement:

Hopefully, buying one set of library books will benefit both farms considering they're pretty much the same thing. (At least that's what would make sense to me :p )I would like to find out the answer to your question also.
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    The Northern Lights farm is the updated Viking farm.

According to Nafaru they are different events....
    *waves arms around* memory, return! *does magic*

Yes, the Northern Lights Farm and the Viking Farm are separate events and both may show up or return at one point or another.

Their currencies are the same, but nevertheless you should still get some chances to obtain those decorations, Yakoska.

•Here's to Nature - Reward decorations for this event are exchanged for brand new camping themed decorations with different happiness values.

This is good for me since I haven't been doing events because I have all the decos I need but now I will have a good reason to do the camping event again. But....what about the others who haven't earned all of the waterfalls yet? Will they have a chance to earn them to unlock them in the deco tower?...or...Will the new decos replace the waterfalls in the deco tower?
    edited 04.08.2015
    The northern lights appeared to fix the problems in the Viking lining up with the Island, such as the Penquin statue versus the Seal statue, etc.

If indeed, they have two separate sets of library books, that would be a new low by GGS. I am truly hoping that that doesn't happen.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 04.08.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    I thought it was Penny... not Sherry...

How could I forget about Penny?! Must have been me focusing on candy instead of her. :3
    Raven683 wrote: »
    So, no more waterfalls for the Camping Event? (I liked the waterfall decos ;( sniff...) Always looking forward to new decos, though.

As it is now, we decided to turn the camping event into 2 different types of events that can be run at different times in order to enable everyone to get both decorations. However, we will most probably focus on new-deco-camping for a while now, to give everyone a chance to obtain these new decos.

On a (very important) side-note: Since these are 2 separate events now, you will have to finish difficulty level 3 again in order to unlock the difficulty selection.
    jess_d wrote: »
    Hopefully, buying one set of library books will benefit both farms considering they're pretty much the same thing. (At least that's what would make sense to me :p )I would like to find out the answer to your question also.

Yes, those books tell you everything about setting up a farm in wintery areas of the world. Their knowledge applies to both farms. :)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • Bestmenace2Bestmenace2 Posts: 179
    edited 04.08.2015
    It's happening today!!!!^^
    edited 04.08.2015
    As it is now, we decided to turn the camping event into 2 different types of events that can be run at different times in order to enable everyone to get both decorations. However, we will most probably focus on new-deco-camping for a while now, to give everyone a chance to obtain these new decos.

On a (very important) side-note: Since these are 2 separate events now, you will have to finish difficulty level 3 again in order to unlock the difficulty selection.
    Regards,
    Steffi

This will make some friends of mine very happy. They were sorry to lose the waterfall. :)
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 04.08.2015
    Hullo!

We're super sorry for the late news, but it seems this update will be moved to Thursday.

While Thursday's the plan now, there will be a small chance that it will hit tomorrow. In this case, please be aware that the CM team won't be available on Wednesday, since we will be off to Gamescom, Germany. I'm sure you will be fine regardless, our Mods will take care of you, and now you're informed about what's going on if there will actually be a downtime

Sorry again,
    your CM Team
Sign In to comment.