Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Criticism: A Championship too far??

124»

Comments

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 02.08.2015
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    Another coop challenge starting in less than two days? Is there anyone that wanted it to appear more often?

I did. :) A bit more fun. :)

Become skippers you don'tlikers. :)

PS: We have never struggled with personal insanity in our co-op. We take it easy every time. We do take it for what it is - a game - and enjoy every event that GGS gracefully throws at us. Even if we joyfully skip it. :)

Carry on, GGS. I'm already looking out for what comes next. The market place has been a bit empty for the last two or three days. :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 02.08.2015
    Tend to agree with kamilcom on this one. My coop has a few coop apple and cherry orchards now so I wont sit there obsessing over rankings because frankly the top prizes are not worth it. Play a few missions, earn some extra rewards, its only a stressful event to people that want to finish 1st every single time.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 02.08.2015
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    Play a few missions, earn some extra rewards, its only a stressful event to people that want to finish 1st every single time.

I want and try to get the best for my coop ofcourse, so I play more than a few missions during the challenge. We absolutely don't try to finish first, we'd be happy if we'd get the trophy for a change.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 02.08.2015
    I do agree Gwendolen! We play the challenge normally very relaxed, too - no stress. Why should we? It is totally predictable who will win, the trophy is totally out of reach, so we don't even try... But as you said: we'd be happy if we would get the trophy for a change.....

And for today's challenge we only play a few missions per day - as there is so much else going on right now....
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 02.08.2015
    I'd suggest here that "the best" for co-op doesn't necessarily have to be high ranking or lots of rewards. Best for my co-op is havng fun, being happy, enjoying the game without any stress, ......... regardless of our position in the game or competition. 8)
  • edited 02.08.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    I'd suggest here that "the best" for co-op doesn't necessarily have to be high ranking or lots of rewards. Best for my co-op is havng fun, being happy, enjoying the game without any stress, ......... regardless of our position in the game or competition. 8)

the best one used to be Equally United, it beat all the ones I had ever been in and have been in after I left it. But then some of the other members left, no idea if it's still even an active co-op, but it used to be one of the top ranking. :(
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252

GGS staff/Mods/ anyone in authority...

In view of the game's current state of being virtually un-playable for many people, do you really think it's wise or fair to bring the Championship back? Again, just ELEVEN DAYS after the last one finished?  Really?  I'm not actually "complaining" this time, lol... but I would sincerely ask you to consider postponing it, at least until many of the current issues have been resolved.  I know there's a supposed "fix" coming up within the hour, and that it's optional to take part in the Championship; but many players feel a sense of obligation to their teams to try to get the rewards... and it would be SO much nicer to be able to do it without quite so many on-going bugs and glitches!

• The coop challenge is not even a challenge!!! The same coop has won every time.....no offense to the winning coop.....but it takes away the challenge. I am not ready for this again. Contrary to what one poster has stated, the free rewards are not free. They take a lot of time & participation.....
      I am beginning to seriously resent those who do not do more than a "mission or two" or even one.  I believe all one has to do is log on to get the rewards.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
      I am beginning to seriously resent those who do not do more than a "mission or two" or even one.  I believe all one has to do is log on to get the rewards.
    That is true.  If I have my game open when the championship starts, regardless of whether I play any missions or not, I receive all the rewards my co-op earns to the end of the championship, including the trophy, co-op cherry or apple orchard and everything else.
  • yorkydevil (GB1)yorkydevil (GB1) Posts: 85
    edited 07.10.2015
    I had not noticed the timer, I came on the forum to run riot, as usual. Most people know my thoughts about the way the game is handled and a lot more people think the same way. If we look at what the paying customer is saying, co-op challenge is too often yet GGS just ignore the customer it certainly tells us that they do not care what we think. If you look at how the game has moved in the past 6 - 12  months it looks like GGS have set the game into self destruction mode and are grabbing what Gold sales they can get. Unless I have missed something, last weeks problems ( even last years) have not been fixed yet here we are with another money grabbing challenge. Ok if we disagree with it, we do not have to play but that is counter productive to our co-op and farms and the game in general. It does not matter what I say, unless I upset a few and then instead of explaining things they will simply ban me, I may disagree with a lot of stuff that GGS do but I stay loyal and play Big farm, in return all I or we get is in theory " if you dont like it, do not play"
    Anyway as usual I am off to the pub to meet Elvis and have a fly on his big fat pig.
    OH ! today i got an e mail about when we did not get the correct level in the horse racing season, they say they cannot do anything about it because it has almost finished.... but it had only just started when I opened a ticket. 
  • Janisss (AU1)Janisss (AU1) Posts: 63
    edited 07.10.2015
    The coop challenge is not even a challenge!!! The same coop has won every time.....no offense to the winning coop.....but it takes away the challenge. I am not ready for this again. Contrary to what one poster has stated, the free rewards are not free. They take a lot of time & participation.....
    I am not one of those players that just log on to get the "free" stuff. I average close to 700,000 rep points for each challenge (yes I know this is small beans compared to some players but still very time consuming) & have never sat one out....yet!!! I am simply tired of hearing how I should not complain about the frequency of this event & just collect & enjoy the "free" stuff. I work for that stuff......& I sincerely believe that the coop challenge should be a bi-monthly event....meaning once every 2 months NOT once every 2 weeks!!!!. Just my opinion.......this is my second farm. I am the same poster as the original comment  :)
    Post edited by Janisss (AU1) on
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    There's a little something about the rewards being "free". Someone puts in the effort to gain those rewards for the co-op, and those that don't can't choose to not get them.
    As such, the people who want a break have to just stand the idea they're essentially getting the rewards "for nothing", which for most normal active players doesn't feel very nice at all. There is no opting out by relaxing, as many players do missions outside of challenges too, so it's inevitable some rewards will be gained.
    It's unreasonable to expect the entire co-op to not do a single mission for 5 days... just like it's unreasonable to expect the challenge to stay fun if it comes twice a month.

For me it's incentive to do missions which is something I normally don't do at all. So I like that they come often. However, if they didn't I could also monitor more closely who contributes and who doesn't - as it stands I can't, because every damn challenge at least 5 people are "on vacation". Hard to keep track of who's really on mission-vacation and who's never contributing, using the challenge frequency as a convenient excuse. :c
  • Unlike some of the players on this thread and many in my coop I enjoy missions and do them also outside of the challenges, however I agree that the prices are outdated.  Having some more valuable prices would incentivize more players to participate in my opinion, and make it more fun for those of us who consistently participate.  Or at least change them/rotate every-so-often so we get positively surprised now and then.
  • sjw (US1)sjw (US1) Posts: 13
    edited 12.10.2015

I have been part of the Brat Pack since the second week of my playing this game.  They are a wonderful group who helped me learn and grow and have always been kind and understanding..

Yesterday, I left and joined another coop.  Not because I didn't like my group but because I hate deleted being on so often.  I feel that I must play to the best of my ability to do right by the coop.  I don't want that kind of pressure.  They would have let me coast, but that's not what I could do.

I'd enjoy the competition if it were 3 or 4 times a year.  It would be fun. Now it is a huge burden.  Being top coop and working hard to get there, of course you want to stay there. 

How many others are in the same position?  I have no idea why GGS thinks a couple of times a month is good.  It's ok for the few, but I don't think it is for the many.

Edit by PINJO: deleted the naming and shaming, please read the rules regarding this

Post edited by PINJO1986 (NL1) on
  • Instead of complaining about CC just do not do it our co op has not done them now the last 3 times. 

If nobody or very few spends gold on it they will get the hint.
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I agree with Byron - just because GGS brings the Challenge every few weeks, doesn't mean people have to take part in it.  Our co-op has decided to do the Challenge only every couple of months.  We save our resources and build our farms and do the best we can every 2 months.  The rest of the time, individual players can do missions as they choose to, with no pressure from the co-op.  If a particular co-op feels compelled to go full-out on every Challenge, that is a co-op decision, and in no way GGS' fault. To use an analogy, just because I may go to an all-you-can-eat buffet, does not mean I have to eat everything in sight.  I am free to choose, and we are all free to choose what part/s of the game we take part in.  It's called individual (and co-op) responsibility.
  • The co-op challenge is boring now and the prizes need to be changed, in the countdown timer before the challenge it shows the Cherry Orchard as the top prize but we all know it's the Apple Orchard. How many Co-Op Cherry Orchards can a person store lol.

Plus the solo missions are a real pain in the you know what, this really needs to be resolved

• Mine is showing Apple for 1st and cherry for top 10, but I do agree,  I have 5 cherries orchards in storage.  I could do with 1 more apple.  Prizes do need to be changed.
  • Mine is showing Apple for 1st and cherry for top 10, but I do agree,  I have 5 cherries orchards in storage.  I could do with 1 more apple.  Prizes do need to be changed.

You didn't read my post correctly :), I mean when the countdown timer is going before the co-op challenge starts it is showing the Cherry Orchard as 1st Prize mine is showing the Apple Orchard as 1st prize too now that is what my complaint is about.

It's a bit deceiving for new players if the promotion is showing the wrong prize

• Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    SJW i agree 100% with you.It just be fun every 2 months a 8 days C-C but now we have barely 8 days to recover from that ever returning 5 days C-C. 
    I am very competative and i love to help my lower level coop members with extra rewards.
    But there are 2 things at least to be changed.
    1 The frequency is to short,specialy with the Island,George,s Silo and the other events.
    2 Change the rewards a bit for a change. I have now 17 couzy picknick pande trees that is still have to build.
    The recycling bin from greta is to small for all my deco,s that i have in the storage
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246

The recycling bin from greta is to small for all my deco,s that i have in the storage
    Are we talking figuratively or factual here? Do you have actual problems deconstructing? :)
    No Mr Latten that means that we have done to many C-C already when you have that big amount of same deco,s.That can mean a few things.Let try to bring a bit order in this chaos

1 Change the reward deco,s in the C-C
    2 Listen to the players a bit more in the future
    3 It use to be a event where the players were looking forwart to do the first 3 or 4 times.Because it was 1 time in the 8 week period when my memory cooperate well. Now we have only 11 days between the C-C,s and the most coops have problems to motivate their players again for a 5 days strugle.
    4 Fix the bugs finaly before adding a new thing in the game wich is not tested well enough and isagain full with bugs
    5 Bring steve the architect back on his old scheduele because the players from Asia,Australia don,t have the opportunity to upgrade their farms.And i think ALL playersare equal. Or am i wrong in this??

I know it is all about the money but i think and more players think the same.GGS is not realy caring 100% about the players.

Have a nice day   GR B Bartels

• @boer bartels (INT1) 

Let us give GGS a little credit.  Latten DID just ask you a question directly.  And the question actually reflected that your question was heard and understood.   I say understood, cause I myself understood the question as Latten did.    To say "
    The recycling bin from greta is to small for all my deco,s that i have in the storage" I was thinking the same thing Latten was.    
  • @boer bartels (INT1)  I agree with lelkilroy, you repeated a whole bunch of stuff but didn`t answer Latten's question. I have never had any problem clearing my dropbox/storage of unwanted decos using Greta, so I also do not understand what you meant by "The recycling bin from greta is to small for all my deco,s that i have in the storage".

• Same here, what do you mean recycle bin? Only recycle bin I know of is on my pc.....
    OK  i will awnser that question. I don,t have a problem with my storage FULL with all the same deco,s.

But WHY in the name of everything that is holy ,THEY don,t fix the game properly at GGS.
    Only adding new things to cover up the old problems.

That is my problem and not only my problem. 
    But as long a big group of players do not tell  in public the critic to the game i will stop bothering the forum with my normal questions

For the money is spend i may expexd something what is working properly or not??
    That iswhat the people who bought a volkswagen diesel also !!!!!!!.

Have a nice day and keep on being happy with a game full of bugs wich they won,t resolve by 1 or other reason.

:# 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file