Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: change of missions setup

I know that there before have been posted suggestions for changes of missions setup, but these have so far apparently aroused GGS's interest? (perhaps because the earlier proposals have been posted on weekends?)
- In all, I can not recall having seen any comment from CM's in the early suggestions for changes of missions setup?
Therefore I have deliberately chosen to post this suggestion on a working day, and hope that it does not merge with one of the early clearer proposals risk of continued neglect from CM's.

I myself am rather tired of missions, such as the works now, and I know from various posts that there are many other players who have it like me.

What's wrong with missions as they are now ?

1: Solo Missions - I quit sure that we all hate getting a solo mission?
a) First of all, because that, in a solo mission we can not win nearly as many rp and certificates as in a mission with more players participating actively.
b) Secondly, because it's boring to play a mission without opponents.

2: The balance of rewards for doing different types of missions are very odd:
Dung and wildflowers provide much more rp and certificates than eggs and corn.
Eggs provide many more rp and certificates than corn.

3: Random missions are bad for many of us because:
a) You can often wait for several hours to get the type of mission you best like to play (best prepared to?) - Wildflowers or dung? - Or maybe eggs? - I do not think there are many that have corn as favorite mission?

4: Group-split is often very uneven:
Who have not tried to get in a mission against one (or more) opponents who are much higher in level and therefore have a considerably larger and stronger farm, which in most cases Affected means that small farms do not have any chance to win a mission, or just to get a good placement.

5: Inactive players means less reward to the active players in a mission.

6: Missions are boring to play because there are only 4 different types.

- - - - - - -

Suggestion 1:

A mission can not start before there are at least two players - If there can not be find at least 2 players in the 5 minutes searching, the searching will stop automatically and you must start over with a new search for a new mission.
- Alternatively, the introduction of a free skip button you can use if you get a solo mission.

Rewards balance equalized so that the mission-type makes no big difference in the reward.

The grouping should be changed so that players in each group will be fairly equal:
eg . (maybe not the best, it's just a draft?):
Group 1 = players up to level 20
Group 2 = players level 21 to 40
Group 3 = players level 41-60
Group 4 = players level 61-80
group 5 = players level 81-100
Group 6 = players level 100 and above.

Other players' activity or inactivity should not have any effect on the rewards. Each participant in a mission rewarded only for its own activity and the rank he/she get in the mission.

- - - - - - -

Suggestion 2: Suggestion 1 extended with these changes:

The players own choice of mission type and mission-times returned, and the number of mission-types is increased so that all three farms can be used to play missions.
This means that with this setup the players can freely choose the mission from exactly the type of production they best like to play in missions:
The time should of course be adapted to the different types of production!

Besides making it possible to play up to three missions at the same time: 1 mission at the main farm (the eggs only applies to chicken eggs, and the milk applies only to cow's milk) + 1 mission gourmet farm (the eggs only applies duck eggs and the milk applies only goat's milk) + 1 mission on flower farm.
Post edited by BriannospamGame (SKN1) on

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 21.07.2015
    Excellent suggestions and I agree with just about everything you say with perhaps the exception of "3: Random missions are bad for many of us"
    The randomness does mean that sometimes I get to beat the player who is twice my level and routinely thrashes me. Very satisfying!
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 21.07.2015
    I know that feeling John, and it's a nice feeling to have :)
    But my hope is that, the split up in levels will make all type of missions fair for all players in a mission. :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 21.07.2015
    Great idea there BriannospamGame. :thumbup: Any thing to even the playing field a little bit more would be welcome by many I'm sure.
    edited 23.07.2015
    and still no comments from CM's
    - It seem's like we waste our time, when we try come with suggestions to make missions more interesting and fair to play. :(
  • Porkies (INT1)Porkies (INT1) Posts: 103
    edited 23.07.2015
    dont think fair is what they had in mind when the games or the company was created...making money is more important and most players are a dime a dozen...they keep the Whales and Sharks happy with things to spend their money on...want things to be as you say "fair" for you, spend more money......
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 23.07.2015
    Something does have to be done about the solo missions. Even if they give us the option to "wait" when we get to the 5 minute mark. Sooner or later someone will attempt to join. Certainly sooner than the 30 minutes one must waste waiting for the solo mission to expire.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 23.07.2015
    I personally really like the fact you don't have to wait for missions to be at a certain time anymore, but you can do whatever you want all day long.

I would love the option of having missions that take longer though, for the crops that grow for a longer time as well. It has been suggested once somewhere.
  • Magic (AU1)Magic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 43
    edited 24.07.2015
    Great suggestions! I specially endorse this one:

//"Suggestion 1:

A mission can not start before there are at least two players - If there can not be find at least 2 players in the 5 minutes searching, the searching will stop automatically and you must start over with a new search for a new mission.
    - Alternatively, the introduction of a free skip button you can use if you get a solo mission."//

Could we have a choice of shorter missions of 15 mins?
  • Charles4u (IN1)Charles4u (IN1) Posts: 5
    edited 24.07.2015
    In Short, playing these missions are like playing T20 cricket where the rule favors the batsmen ( gold users, here).. He he he !!... I am a big cricket fan ..
    edited 25.07.2015
    Charles4u wrote: »
    In Short, playing these missions are like playing T20 cricket where the rule favors the batsmen ( gold users, here).. He he he !!... I am a big cricket fan ..

I feel ya, but "cricket" is fishing bait (or a noisy bug that you can't find under the couch...) here in the US, so the analogy might be lost on many in here... ;)

Go Froomie!

**edit: I just noticed your server. "Froomie" might be lost on you as "cricket" is on us here in the US...
  • Chandraprova (INT1)Chandraprova (INT1) Posts: 186
    edited 26.07.2015
    what is a solo mission?
    edited 26.07.2015
    a solo missiomn is a mission where you not have any opponents, you are alone in the mission... and in a solo mission the rewards (rp and certs) are very low compared with rewards you will get if you was the lowest placed in a mission where you have several opponents.
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 28.07.2015
    The missions are just boring and lifeless..can't tell you the last time i played one.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 28.07.2015
    DeAnna777 wrote: »
    The missions are just boring and lifeless..can't tell you the last time i played one.

I really only play them when I need certificates or during the co-op challenge. I really miss not getting to pick which one I want to play.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 28.07.2015
    There have been suggestions before of a bot appearing as a second player if there isn't a real one. The behaviour of the bot could be unpredictable as it would base figures on other non anticipating players picked at random who happen to be online but are not participating in a mission.

Also, the possibility of more than one mission. See http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?142357-Suggestion-Be-able-to-do-more-than-one-mission-at-once

I like the idea of the option of being able to do two random missions at once - one either wildflowers or corn, and the other eggs or dung. This would save time for many of us.

I also think that the reward for corn is too low, it should be 50% more at least or better yet, doubled.
    edited 28.07.2015
    Yes, over time there have been several interesting and good sugestions to making missions more funny and/or interesting to play...
    and every time it seems like GGS take on this attitude:
    XL_2658-3A_m.jpg
    edited 28.07.2015
    More like:

monkey_money.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file