Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update July 10th - No pain, no gain, achievements and more! - Discussion

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 23.07.2015
    I finished number 8 just shy of 1.4 million points on US1. I reiterate that I had a perfect set of goods requested. I never let it go dry. No downtime whatsoever, and kept it running pretty fast the whole time. It is simply too hard. The amount of effort that I put into it was bordering on insane. Nothing hurts my confidence in GGS more than when I think they simply don't get it. They have ranking rewards for the absurd. The point rewards should be reasonably attainable and they are not.
  • quest (NL1)quest (NL1) Posts: 15
    edited 23.07.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    It's one of the legitimate ways how to run the event. The stronger you get, the higher you go, the more rewards you get. Nothing unfair about that, really. :)

So you say the rich should only get richer, while the poor should just stay down where they are? Doesn't make sense to me.
    They actually said in their announcements that the level of your farm wouldn't matter, your hard work will be rewarded. Well so much for equality in that one...
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 23.07.2015
    bionog wrote: »
    So you say the rich should only get richer, while the poor should just stay down where they are? Doesn't make sense to me.
    They actually said in their announcements that the level of your farm wouldn't matter, your hard work will be rewarded. Well so much for equality in that one...

They split the event into 5 different levels of difficulty, depending on your farm level, so that it IS fairer for everyone.
    edited 23.07.2015
    I think this event is a great way for smaller farms to earn some rewards. So, as I have said before, I really hope it comes often......as often as the Wheel of Fortune.
  • quest (NL1)quest (NL1) Posts: 15
    edited 23.07.2015
    They split the event into 5 different levels of difficulty, depending on your farm level, so that it IS fairer for everyone.

The event is fairer in each competition as you compete for the top 5 position with people that have a farm of similar levels. So I totally agree with you that the element of competition is fairer for everyone.
    However, if you compare at the individual level between players in different championships, you will notice that people in higher championships get higher rewards for the same number of points that they collect. Do you really think that is fair? For one of the rewards I got 1200 horseshoes, while my coop members in the highest championship got 1600 horseshoes when collecting the same number of points. Is that really fair? People with smaller farms need to put in more effort to reach the same number of points, but get an inferior reward.... Beats me how people can call that fair.
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 23.07.2015
    People with smaller farms need to put in more effort to reach the same number of points, but get an inferior reward.... Beats me how people can call that fair.

No, they don't actually need to put in more effort, it's about the same effort *. You get the same amount of points for less stuff collected than you would in the next group. Main reason my level 46 farm didn't get as many points as my level 134 farm is that for some reason that farm has even worse luck than the bigger one.

* I don't really know how close to the same it is since GGS isn't always very good at math and those groups are quite wide so it'll never be exactly same.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 24.07.2015
    So starting at the restart, what was the actual time length of the Hard Work event?

(sorry to disappoint the duelist fans, I have been traveling for family reasons).

-Y
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 24.07.2015

Well, if you read carefully what I really said:
    It's one of the legitimate ways how to run the event. The stronger you get, the higher you go, the more rewards you get.

Then expanded it means, that everybody progresses through their levels. "Poor" don't stay where they are, but progress upwards, and along the way get rewards relative to their level of developement. Most of those rewards don't have much value for highly developped farmers anyway.

I understand you don't like it and want it different. It could be taylored differently. But you not liking it doesn't make it unfair. The event not fulfilling your expectations doesn't make it unfair ether. You need to get your concepts straight. And yes, regardless the size of the farm, everybody will be rewarded. It didn't say everybody will get the same reward, or did it? :):)
  • edited 24.07.2015
    Farm Squad is looking for active members
    edited 24.07.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    So starting at the restart, what was the actual time length of the Hard Work event?

(sorry to disappoint the duelist fans, I have been traveling for family reasons).

-Y

I also would like to know. I have heard 72 hours, but it seemed to be different from that. It would be a lot easier to analyze an event (which is won or lost based on points per unit of time) if we knew what the exact time was.
    edited 24.07.2015
    The event is fairer in each competition as you compete for the top 5 position with people that have a farm of similar levels. So I totally agree with you that the element of competition is fairer for everyone.
    However, if you compare at the individual level between players in different championships, you will notice that people in higher championships get higher rewards for the same number of points that they collect. Do you really think that is fair? For one of the rewards I got 1200 horseshoes, while my coop members in the highest championship got 1600 horseshoes when collecting the same number of points. Is that really fair? People with smaller farms need to put in more effort to reach the same number of points, but get an inferior reward.... Beats me how people can call that fair.

Its true that each group needs the same number of points, but the machine is set to make it easier for each group to make those points. As for the rewards, thats not much different to the way the weekly events work, the lower difficulty levels get lower amounts of each reward, but the value of that reward is the same... For example giving say 50 fetilizer to a level 30 farm, would be a really cool reward, but giving the same to a level 100 farm would seem like nothing, because they could make that in a few minutes.
    Yakoska wrote: »

-Y

It restarted at 1pm CEST on Monday & ended at 10am CEST on Thursday... I think 8|
  • Chalaryl (US1)Chalaryl (US1) Posts: 132
    edited 24.07.2015
    Scissors I think we have a communication problem. To us in the states "CST" is Central Standard Time and for sure it didn't end then. In the US it ended at 4am on the East Coast (EDT) and 1am on the West Coast (PDT). Start time I have no idea, I was sleeping!! :p
    edited 24.07.2015
    I am guessing Runs meant CET (Central European time), because by those numbers, I would agree.
    edited 24.07.2015
    Here is one aspect of it the HW event that I do feel extremely strongly about. I understand that GGS likes to surprise us, but you cannot do that with a race that is determined by a pace that can be set and won by simply logging on seconds before someone else. It is possible to log on first to the HW event, and establish a lead that cannot be overcome, because everyone is capped at 10 pps. A countdown clock is necessary or the ranking rewards are meaningless. You cannot run a race, and not tell the participants when to show up, and then pretend that it matters who is first. But is does matter, because realistic, accurate rankings and placement are what create competition, and without competition, you have nothing really fast.
    edited 24.07.2015
    Chalaryl wrote: »
    Scissors I think we have a communication problem. To us in the states "CST" is Central Standard Time and for sure it didn't end then. In the US it ended at 4am on the East Coast (EDT) and 1am on the West Coast (PDT). Start time I have no idea, I was sleeping!! :p
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    I am guessing Runs meant CET (Central European time), because by those numbers, I would agree.

Oopsy sorry... I actually meant CEST (Central European Summer Time) ... I forgot the Europe part which is kinda crucial hehe 169_zpsbrc0karl.gif

I fixed it.... Thanks guys!
    edited 24.07.2015
    So... 69 hours? That is significantly better than the 60 hours previous. Good deal. Still 72 would be more fair.

-Y
  • LuckyLyn5 (GB1)LuckyLyn5 (GB1) Posts: 8
    edited 25.07.2015
    my big farm game has been removed but I have spent money on it.What are you doing
  • Cikala Sa CetanCikala Sa Cetan Posts: 1
    edited 25.07.2015
    On "The Racing Farmer" that pops up when you first log on, the 'player of the week' has been so for over three weeks now. Time for a change? Please? Aren't there any new contests or something going on? Thanks!
  • Thirtyplus (US1)Thirtyplus (US1) Posts: 190
    edited 27.07.2015
    It would be nice to be able to select multiple fields to plant all the same seeds instead of having to select each one individually over and over when planting say, corn! :)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 27.07.2015
    you should put that in the suggestion thread... I would love it as well!
    Thirtyplus wrote: »
    It would be nice to be able to select multiple fields to plant all the same seeds instead of having to select each one individually over and over when planting say, corn! :)
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 27.07.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    Here is one aspect of it the HW event that I do feel extremely strongly about. I understand that GGS likes to surprise us, but you cannot do that with a race that is determined by a pace that can be set and won by simply logging on seconds before someone else. It is possible to log on first to the HW event, and establish a lead that cannot be overcome, because everyone is capped at 10 pps. A countdown clock is necessary or the ranking rewards are meaningless. You cannot run a race, and not tell the participants when to show up, and then pretend that it matters who is first. But is does matter, because realistic, accurate rankings and placement are what create competition, and without competition, you have nothing really fast.

I understand your point, GavinFarms, but I don't think it is forgone conclusion that the first people to start playing will win. I could be online when the event starts & play for 6 hours. You could login 3 hours after I did & play for 9 hours. You'd still have a 3 hour gain on me (assuming all other variables are the same). It's the number of hours playing the event, not who starts first. It is possible for an early player to gain an advantage if they never log off to sleep, eat or do anything else - but that seems extreme & implausible.

Also there is the variable of what comes up to be boxed. Assume we both started at the exact same time. I could be unprepared for request of jasmine, apples and milk and lose many, many hours of game time. You could get the same requests (and be prepared for them) or get requests for eggs, WFs & corn. You'd still fly past me in the event. (again, assuming all other variables are the same, like neither of us using gold)

And then there is the use of gold...
    edited 27.07.2015
    Raven683 wrote: »
    I understand your point, GavinFarms, but I don't think it is forgone conclusion that the first people to start playing will win. I could be online when the event starts & play for 6 hours. You could login 3 hours after I did & play for 9 hours. You'd still have a 3 hour gain on me (assuming all other variables are the same). It's the number of hours playing the event, not who starts first. It is possible for an early player to gain an advantage if they never log off to sleep, eat or do anything else - but that seems extreme & implausible.

Also there is the variable of what comes up to be boxed. Assume we both started at the exact same time. I could be unprepared for request of jasmine, apples and milk and lose many, many hours of game time. You could get the same requests (and be prepared for them) or get requests for eggs, WFs & corn. You'd still fly past me in the event. (again, assuming all other variables are the same, like neither of us using gold)

And then there is the use of gold...

I think the point Gavin was making is, if you have a dedicated player with gold who starts at the gun, no one can ever catch them, UNLESS they fall down on the job.

-Y
  • nday123nday123 Posts: 3
    edited 27.07.2015
    hi I just joined
  • nday123nday123 Posts: 3
    edited 27.07.2015
    hi I just joined I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips
  • gail8gail8 Posts: 2
    edited 28.07.2015
    Very new to this games as I was tired of Farmville and Farmville 2. Loved those 2 games but know help from either players or Contact Suppor4t. So here I am. Love to help; regift; bt also like the same back if possable. Love to share on these games; but I do not swear; no funny business or anything. If you agree then lets enjoy this facebook game and help each other. helenHPDsawyer@yahoo.com
    no swearing are vanity we are fun to play with
  • gail8gail8 Posts: 2
    edited 28.07.2015
    no swearing are vanity we are fun to
  • MSBIRKSMSBIRKS Posts: 1
    edited 28.07.2015
    can i be rich on big farm
  • edited 28.07.2015
    BlueTwine wrote: »
    hi! can I join in your cooperative??
    hi! yes ucan!
  • les4les4 Posts: 1