Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update July 10th - No pain, no gain, achievements and more! - Discussion

Comments

• mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 22.07.2015
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    Because obiously very easy and impossibly hard are the only two options? :rolleyes:

good question :D

I understand the motivation to increase the event difficulty, but they've made it impossible.

Even with gold, you must spend huge amounts for virtually useless rewards. I mean, if you already have tens of thousands of gold to spend, do you really need those 3 gold licenses? Probably not.. :)

The event if badly balanced and only two paths lies ahead:
    1. redo the balancing and make the event affordable, for players not to lose interest completely
    2. let it as it is and lose ever more players.

the number of active players is constantly decreasing anyway, and you must do much, much better than this lousy event to keep them in the game ;)
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 22.07.2015
    Oh, BTW I prefer this second version to the first one. With some luck (that I don't have) getting to the second deco without gold seems possible. I just think that it's totally fair criticisms to point out that now there are rewards that are unreachable even to people willing to use a lot of gold.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 22.07.2015
    I have just tried to turn up the apples to higher than 8....
    and have learned that's seems to be totaly impossible. :(
    I have 8 apple orchards, all level 6, and before I do the test, I have more than 400 seaweed fertilizer...
    I dont know how many time I harvest my apples, but it was many and now my seaweed is gone, and this is what I get for all my seaweed fertilizer. :(

If you hover your cursor over the gauge thingy, it tells you how many apples you need to get to the next level. So you can add apples to increase the time right up to 1 apple less than that number.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 22.07.2015
    Scissors: TY :) - But actually I would try about it was possible to push the apples up to 9... but that seems to be totaly impossible :(
    wf, and vorn, I can have up between 9 and 10 (using spec seeds and humus), eggs I can also get over 9, when I'm lucky to get eggs when my ducks are ready to harvest, Milk I also can get over 9 when I'm lucky to have milk when my cows are ready.
    But even that I used more than 400 seaweed fertilizer as fast I could, I could not push it higher than 8
    - That's not ok IMO! :(
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 22.07.2015
    Is anyone collecting data on how many of each product to move from one production rate to the next, and/or how much time is added for X amount of product put into the funnel?

I'm curious roughly how much time the packer accumulates when doing cabbage loading.

I did a milk loading last night and 1305 milk harvested (3x lvl 4 cows + 1x lvl 5 cow) resulted in 4 hours at production rate 5. I didn't check after each harvest, so I have no info on the time & amount steps for this though.

edit - I can also add info Re: Apples - 1480 apples harvested resulted in ~6.5 hours run time @ level 1 with 842 more apples needed to get to level 2. The second round of harvesting (another 1480) put me into level 2 with 2,197 more apples needed to get to level 3. Had ~3.5 hours of run time left from the first harvesting before the second harvest, and ~5h40m of run time @ level 2 after the second harvest.
  • beatrice4beatrice4 Posts: 1
    edited 22.07.2015
    oh hi im a begginer to so how are u
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 22.07.2015
    My observations so far is that level 6 is the most efficient for churning out the points. Keep things at level 6 and as close as possible to level 7 without actually hitting level 7. Once it gets to the aforementioned level, it is less efficient. It is better to work the machine for 2 hours 30 minutes at level 6 than 1 hour 30 minutes at level 7. That's the approximate figure I noticed with milk. Level 6 seems the best for most things at a glance.

Unfortunately I had to harvest milk beyond level 6 because we had a milk project on and it was very near the end of it. I'd rather have held back with the milk if I could. Hover inside the machine to see how much is required for level 7 and harvest as much as you can without going over it, that's my advice.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 22.07.2015
    I strongly agree with BriannospamGame2, that the apples reach a "level of absurdity" much earlier than many other products. They probably need an adjustment from level 7 onward.

This brings up the the complication of the randomness of the required goods, which can be a huge problem. Why not solve this by allowing the user 2 chances to skip before it costs any gold?
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 22.07.2015
    Someone from skn1 server has reached 2 000 000, second one should be getting close to 10 points a second the whole time left to get there. Everyone else can't get there even in theory.

Edit: That first guy must have been doing 10 points very close to the whole time. 8|
    Edit2: It's actually "only" a bit under 9,6 points a second.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 22.07.2015
    i really hope one of the managers reads this but i will suggest it anyways is there anyway you could please ask the devlopers to add a pop up box to let you know when the timer is done on the hard work event and time to move to the next iteam please it would really help a lot i keep forgeting to always check back and when i collect the iteam i need it no longer has a timer under it
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 23.07.2015
    This is my first event here and this is painful... I am hoping to get to at least Rank 5 for the reward deco, but with the time left know I will not get all the individual awards...
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 23.07.2015
    ok, holy cow... down to the last hours and just really figured out how this works!!! guess I am up for a few more hours, have made it to Rank 5 and have another farmer fighting me for it... may the best farmer win! :D
    edited 23.07.2015
    Well, on the skn server I have now get reward nr. 32, and on the us server I have get reward nr 31, and have no hope for get higher rewards on both servers.
    From now, I'll call this event "Mission nearly impossible"
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    edited 23.07.2015
    agree Brian - its nearly impossible.

if i am lucky i get reward no 35 on skn before event stops.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 23.07.2015
    There are approximately 3h untill the end of event (little less) and there are two players on www server that reached the 2 mil. point limit and another two will reach the second best price. So if GGS reasoning was: lets make limits so high that one or two players on the server could reach it, than I must admit, the balancing team did a good job this time. So:

Impossible : No
    Insane: Yes
  • CherokeeheartCherokeeheart Posts: 2
    edited 23.07.2015
    who took your horse, because when I bred mine, it never came back either.
  • CherokeeheartCherokeeheart Posts: 2
    edited 23.07.2015
    Please join blessing
  • WinnerSudais (INT1)WinnerSudais (INT1) Posts: 364
    edited 23.07.2015
    aaabbb1 wrote: »
    There are approximately 3h untill the end of event (little less) and there are two players on www server that reached the 2 mil. point limit and another two will reach the second best price. So if GGS reasoning was: lets make limits so high that one or two players on the server could reach it, than I must admit, the balancing team did a good job this time. So:

Impossible : No
    Insane: Yes

The www1 server has many high players, top 16 players are above 200 level, the top 2 are over 550 lvl, and the third one is over 300.
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 23.07.2015
    So far no player reached the 2kk level on the dutch server. One has 1.8KK (if he doesn't make it he will be very frustrated I think since he probably spend a lot of gold) and second has only 1.4kk so way behind.... .

For myself I am very dissappointed!!! I got much less points then last time allthough I increased my effort. Got bad luck in the sequences. 2nd was allready yasmin which blocked the crates for hours. I have only one field so it ran for about 6 h at least at lvl1or2. This twice during the event. Same with barley it has now a clock of 7h21min at level1 .... . SO i got a few of these requests making it impossible for me to reach a decent amount of points. I'll strand around 300k points I hope...

PS: I am pretty sure the ppl who spend gold on it will not do it again if they are still so far off their gold. Balancers were to greedy again....
  • edited 23.07.2015
    I am running cabbage now at 7 points per second. However, I am noticing that the counter is not adding 7 points per second. I noticed this on another crop too. I hope they look into this as well.

I'm only getting 1 point per second when I should be gettting 7! Counter is NOT adding right!!
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 23.07.2015
    I was just wondering on the variety of the products asked for in this event .... mine seem to be a little repetitive and wondered whether I had just been unlucky or if the variety of items in this event was quite limited and in this case whether there were plans in the future to extend what would be asked for? In particular items I was thinking about were: pigs, almonds, donkeys, honey, wax also items like almond muffins, apple turnovers, soap, wildflower bouquet, sweet scented oil .... etc. Thanks.
    edited 23.07.2015
    debj wrote: »
    In particular items I was thinking about were: pigs, almonds, donkeys, honey, wax also items like almond muffins, apple turnovers, soap, wildflower bouquet, sweet scented oil .... etc. Thanks.

Pigs and donkeys? ;( - absolutly no thanks! :cursing:
    - furthermore, I don't think pigs and donkeys would likes to be put in boxes like these. :p
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 23.07.2015
    I was looking more on production times lol. (have had a lot of barley crates this time)

but the crates seem quite spacious .. maybe the addition of airholes? ... how to send the donkeys and pigs down the funnel might be more of an issue :p
    edited 23.07.2015
    I hate when the machine want cabbage and barley :(
    I have only 3 pigsty and 1 donkey stable.
    - And if it was not for the ship and some event task, I would have 0 pigs and 0 donkeys.
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 23.07.2015
    The first player on the dutch server used around 45k of gold and did not make the 2milj points.... :)

PS: pigs yes pls :p
  • Porkies (INT1)Porkies (INT1) Posts: 103
    edited 23.07.2015
    2 things that irked me with the hard worker event this time were... 1. that friggen gauge needs to go, dont care where you stick but i have a suggestion but i cant post it here...anywhere but over whatever were collecting, and 2nd would be to add a timer /points per hour on the outside of the silo so we dont have keep going into the Silo to check times...other than that great job with adding higher levels and rewards to make it actually worth playing for more than the one day i did last time once i finished all the levels
  • jessica167jessica167 Posts: 2
    edited 23.07.2015
    yes that is true
  • BlueKai7BlueKai7 Posts: 2
    edited 23.07.2015
    can i join someone cooperation
  • quest (NL1)quest (NL1) Posts: 15
    edited 23.07.2015
    Porkies wrote: »
    2nd would be to add a timer /points per hour on the outside of the silo so we don't have keep going into the Silo to check times...other than that great job with adding higher levels and rewards to make it actually worth playing for more than the one day i did last time once i finished all the levels

They had a timer outside the silo in the first event, but as it was displaying incorrect times they decided to 'fix' it by taking it away altogether. So when they are able to properly fix it, it will probably return.

I do have a comment regarding the number of points needed for lower level farms. Do you really think it is fair to have the rewards at the same number of points collected regardless of the level of your farm? I think everyone can imagine that a completely developed farm will deliver more crops than one that is still under construction. If 2.000.000 points is hardly reachable for a level 100 player, do you really think a level 40 player will even consider going for this ridiculous number? It is true that there are separate championships for different levels of farms, but the number of points needed for each reward should then also be adjusted accordingly.
    On top of that I made a comparison of some of the rewards in my own championship versus people in my coop in the highest championship. And there was a difference in those as well, where people competing in higher level championships are getting bigger prizes.
    So to conclude: higher level farm -> bigger harvests -> more points -> easier to reach rewards -> getting bigger rewards in comparison to lower levels.
    So thank you GGS for thinking this whole thing through thoroughly before dumping it on the server. I've never seen a company running their tests on the live server, don't you think it would be about time you invested in a separate test with actual players that do some beta testing for you on a test server? I just reached level 56, but I am already fed up of being a guinea pig with new events. So please count me out on the next 'test' you run on your live server.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 23.07.2015
    bionog wrote: »

Do you really think it is fair to have the rewards at the same number of points collected regardless of the level of your farm?

It's one of the legitimate ways how to run the event. The stronger you get, the higher you go, the more rewards you get. Nothing unfair about that, really. :)
Sign In to comment.