Home Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update July 10th - No pain, no gain, achievements and more! - Discussion

11419

Comments

  • Daredevil (GB1)Daredevil (GB1) Posts: 15
    edited 21.07.2015
    Thanks for the info Nafaru and chikenduck! It took me a while to figure out how to unlock the gourmet, it was actually easy once found... Sorry for complaining.


  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,327
    edited 21.07.2015
    sarah745 wrote: »
    i don't know if anyone has realised....

    If the event runs for 48 hours thats 2880 mins (48x60) or 172800 seconds (2880x60) given the top reward is at 2 million and the top level is 10 points per second this is not achievable....

    Hey sarah745,

    the event lasts for almost 3 days this time. In fact, the remaining time display switched to ~1 day (less than 48 hours left) at 10:00am CEST today. :)

    Given that fact, it's technically possible to reach all 40 rewards, however the last of the 20 additional rewards we added are not supposed to be easy to reach.

    Most of you complained (and rightfully so) that the old version of the event was too easy to finish.
    What we did now is expanding the prizes so that it is very hard to finish all 40 reward steps. However, prizes were moved and adjusted to that you can still earn all previous rewards and some more, additional and hard to achieve ones during the course of the event.

    rocnrobn wrote: »
    You really need to fix the timer so I don't have to open the silo to see it every time I harvest...IT IS VERY ANNOYING!!!

    Timers in different locations, as well as showing the remaining event hours in the event menu is on top of our list of optimization requests to the team.

    I'm pretty sure that this is something we can improve in the future. :)
    Im lvl 29 and I have not yet started my gourmet farm, only main farm, and yet the silo is asking for Dandelions... Is this a bug or am I really behind in my tasks...? It's not fair that it's asking for goods I am still unable to produce...
    chikenduck wrote: »
    Yes Daredevil you are behind a bit, the Gourmet farm is available for cash at level 26. I think that the "No Pain No Gain" event is based on your player level, not on your farms per say!

    chikenduck is right, Daredevil.
    Since the Gourmet farm can be unlocked at level 25 (20 with use of gold), the event is now requesting Dandelion at level 29.

    In order to get rid of your current box, you may either unlock the farm and plant some dandelion or skip the box using a small amount of gold.

    For some events, goods from other farms may be requested as soon as you passed the unlock level of the respective farm or production building. Therefore you should always consider keeping your farms as up to date as possible. ;)
    Does it sometimes automatically skip the next box? I had it processing corn at level 6 with about 30 minutes to go I think and it said the next box was barley and the one after that cabbage. So I planted the barley. When I went to harvest it 3 hours later the machine had moved on to asking for cabbage. Why?

    We unfortunately have a bug causing boxes to sometimes move over if you're offline for longer periods.

    This is of course not intended and we're hoping to be able to fix this issue with one of the next updates, so you may prepare for upcoming crates.

    Regards,
    Steffi
  • sarah74 (GB1)sarah74 (GB1) Posts: 81
    edited 21.07.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Hey sarah745,

    the event lasts for almost 3 days this time. In fact, the remaining time display switched to ~1 day (less than 48 hours left) at 10:00am CEST today. :)

    Given that fact, it's technically possible to reach all 40 rewards, however the last of the 20 additional rewards we added are not supposed to be easy to reach.

    Most of you complained (and rightfully so) that the old version of the event was too easy to finish.
    What we did now is expanding the prizes so that it is very hard to finish all 40 reward steps. However, prizes were moved and adjusted to that you can still earn all previous rewards and some more, additional and hard to achieve ones during the course of the event.




    Timers in different locations, as well as showing the remaining event hours in the event menu is on top of our list of optimization requests to the team.

    I'm pretty sure that this is something we can improve in the future. :)





    chikenduck is right, Daredevil.
    Since the Gourmet farm can be unlocked at level 25 (20 with use of gold), the event is now requesting Dandelion at level 29.

    In order to get rid of your current box, you may either unlock the farm and plant some dandelion or skip the box using a small amount of gold.

    For some events, goods from other farms may be requested as soon as you passed the unlock level of the respective farm or production building. Therefore you should always consider keeping your farms as up to date as possible. ;)



    We unfortunately have a bug causing boxes to sometimes move over if you're offline for longer periods.

    This is of course not intended and we're hoping to be able to fix this issue with one of the next updates, so you may prepare for upcoming crates.

    Regards,
    Steffi

    Thanks Steffi, Your comments are appreciated.

    Sarah
  • sallysmilsallysmil Posts: 3
    edited 21.07.2015
    Hi I have a question how can I change my e-mail address on my game?
    sallysmil @ us 1
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 21.07.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    the event lasts for almost 3 days this time. In fact, the remaining time display switched to ~1 day (less than 48 hours left) at 10:00am CEST today. :)

    Given that fact, it's technically possible to reach all 40 rewards, however the last of the 20 additional rewards we added are not supposed to be easy to reach.

    Most of you complained (and rightfully so) that the old version of the event was too easy to finish.
    What we did now is expanding the prizes so that it is very hard to finish all 40 reward steps. However, prizes were moved and adjusted to that you can still earn all previous rewards and some more, additional and hard to achieve ones during the course of the event.

    Regards,
    Steffi

    Aaaaaah ........ couldn't you say that two days earlier? You would have saved me of that lenghy debate with my favourite oponent Yakoska. :):):):)

    Hey, Yakoska! Brace up, put on insanity outfit, and hurry up towards the 2 mil mark! :)



    Appart from that I'm especially glad that you are working on making timers more user friendly. Thanks.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 31,308
    edited 21.07.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    Aaaaaah ........ couldn't you say that two days earlier? You would have saved me of that lenghy debate with my favourite oponent Yakoska. :)

    I don't know why, but I love watching you two go at it! fence.gif LOL
                              
  • Mrs. GarrettMrs. Garrett Posts: 1
    edited 21.07.2015
    i was just wondering how come it never rains, gets cloudy night time or even snows. i love this game but i was just wondering ?
    Mrs. Garrett @ us 1
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 21.07.2015
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    Because obiously very easy and impossibly hard are the only two options? :rolleyes:

    So what is hard, something that is very hard for one person is not for another, besides here is your chance to use lots of gold which everyone defends during missions.
  • PAYTONN10PAYTONN10 Posts: 3
    edited 21.07.2015
    that is bad that you strole her horse give it back
    PAYTONN10 @ us 1
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 21.07.2015
    I don't know why, but I love watching you two go at it! fence.gif LOL

    I had a good laugh. Those smileyes are hilarious. Is that what we look like? :):):)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 31,308
    edited 21.07.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    I had a good laugh. Those smileyes are hilarious. Is that what we look like? :):):)

    No, I see you and -Y more like this: graphics-fighting-239874.gifgraphics-fighting-405572.gif
                              
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 21.07.2015
    No, I see you and -Y more like this: graphics-fighting-239874.gifgraphics-fighting-405572.gif

    :) I like those smileys better. These two look like undecisive hula dancers. :):)
  • lfwfarmlfwfarm Posts: 13
    edited 21.07.2015
    hehe looney tunes
    lfwfarm @ us 1
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 31,308
    edited 21.07.2015
    Exactly my point! You guys go back and forth without any real damage! :p
    And don't you start with me now! I can swing a mean chicken! LOL
                              
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 21.07.2015
    Exactly my point! You guys go back and forth without any real damage! :p

    Damage is never the goal, you should know that. :)
  • kiddagnkiddagn Posts: 5
    edited 21.07.2015
    Is the timer supposed to change every time you harvest another field or orchard of the same product? I've noticed some products the timer increases for each harvest and some the timer decreases. I harvested 8 fields of special corn last night and checked the timer after each field the timer minutes went from 28 min, 33, 43, 28, 33, 16, 18, 19 minutes. On the second round of harvest it was regular corn each field increased the timer by 2 seconds and the 3rd harvest regular corn increased by 4 seconds per field. I was only able to harvest 3 times and the timer ran out. I just find it odd the timer keeps changing while harvesting 1 product. I've learned to check after harvesting because I never know if I will have enough time to grow the item again before the timer changes/runs out.
    kiddagn @ us 1
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 31,308
    edited 21.07.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    Damage is never the goal, you should know that. :)
    Damage in a metaphorical sense I mean, YOU should know that. :) You gotta admit, your "debates" get rather provocative sometimes. ^^
                              
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 21.07.2015
    Harvest adds goods to the funnel buffer, so adds time for processing. When you move to higher level of productivity, the processing speed increases and remaining time is shortened. Next harvest after level up again adds time for processing, but less then on previous level, as the speed of processing is now higher.
  • kiddagnkiddagn Posts: 5
    edited 21.07.2015
    That may make sense if it didn't jump up and down. I harvested barley earlier today and the more fields I harvested the longer the timer got. I started at 28 minutes for the first field and then 2 harvests later the 6th field I had 6 hours on the timer. Still only 1 point per second It's not consistent.
    kiddagn @ us 1
  • cee9cee9 Posts: 1
    edited 21.07.2015
    hi say hi to cee9 text me back if youcan:)
    cee9 @ us 1
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 21.07.2015
    Damage in a metaphorical sense I mean, YOU should know that. :) You gotta admit, your "debates" get rather provocative sometimes. ^^

    I admit that what I post might provoke some people to more straightforward and racional thinking, which sometimes is the goal. :):)

    I also admit that this debate is so off topic that we will probably have to ask a moderator to deleate it all. :):)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 21.07.2015
    That seems correct. The actual time increase depends on how much product is harvested. Having 6 hours on barley timer after several harvests with level 1 productivity is ok. Or have I misunderstood something?
  • kiddagnkiddagn Posts: 5
    edited 22.07.2015
    Kamilcom I do get what you are saying but it doesn't seem consistent to me. I will try and pay closer attention to points per second along with the timer and see if I can understand it better. Thanks for the information.
    kiddagn @ us 1
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 22.07.2015
    I inted to wait with further detailed analysis of silo mechanisms untill they fix some readily visible timer. So good luck to you. :)
  • Ellen2132 (NL1)Ellen2132 (NL1) Posts: 96
    edited 22.07.2015
    @kiddagn, I noticed that the timer gets longer when you harvest, up untill the point that you gain 1 point per second more, then the timer gets a lot shorter. If you keep on harvesting then the timer gets longer again up untill the next point per second.
    At least that is what I noticed.
    Ellen2132 @ nl 1
  • kiddagnkiddagn Posts: 5
    edited 22.07.2015
    So here is an example. I have 7 apple orchards. I had already harvested all of them and was waiting on the next batch to be ready 3hrs later. Before I started I checked the timer is at 6hr11min earning 2 pts per sec. I did each field and checked the time after each one here are the times and points. 7h14m 2p, 9h11m 2p, 6h20m 3p, 6h53m 3p, 7h44m 3p, 8h12m 3p & 8h40m 3p So overall with this harvest I gained about 1 1/2 hours and 1 point per second but it did not work the same for corn.
    kiddagn @ us 1
  • harduphardup Posts: 125
    edited 22.07.2015
    sarah745 wrote: »
    my clock moved to ~1day at 10am GMT 48 hours left

    Thank you Sarah for making this important observation.
    Now, at the highest level we have the best gamer rank#1 achieved the score of 1,065,000
    that is for 31 hour = 34k per hour = 824k per day = 2,400k for 70 hours
    Excellent performance!
    hardup @ us 1
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    edited 22.07.2015
    not possible to collect 40lakh pts , if u r using high amount of gold then everything is possible and this is ggs want
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,209
    edited 22.07.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Most of you complained (and rightfully so) that the old version of the event was too easy to finish.
    What we did now is expanding the prizes so that it is very hard to finish all 40 reward steps. However, prizes were moved and adjusted to that you can still earn all previous rewards and some more, additional and hard to achieve ones during the course of the event.

    This where I guess i have a different opinion of what very hard should mean. I am sitting at 778k. I have had a perfect slate of required goods. I have used seaweed and a tiny amount of gold to help mold my schedule to the deliverables. I figure reward 37 to be possible. Given that there is practically no chance that I get this good a set (and order) of goods again, I stand by my earlier estimation that the new structure is too hard by about 40 percent.

    Yes , it was too easy. Now it is slightly too hard.

    Here is something else for GGS to chew on. If they agreed that this is slightly too hard, and if the choice was between adding time to the event and leaving the rewards the same, or simply cutting the reward points by 40 percent....... I would choose cutting the point requirements. A shorter event can be run more often. I still think this is really, really great for smaller farms. I would love to see it come as often as the Wheel. The randomness in the selection of the goods also breaks up the pace a bit as well for the larger farmer.
    gavinfarms @ us 1
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 22.07.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Most of you complained (and rightfully so) that the old version of the event was too easy to finish.
    What we did now is expanding the prizes so that it is very hard to finish all 40 reward steps. However, prizes were moved and adjusted to that you can still earn all previous rewards and some more, additional and hard to achieve ones during the course of the event.

    Did anyone say: beware of what you ask for, you risk to get it
    Her kan du finde danske informationer og tips til spillet http://fjollefarm.naniq.eu

Sign In to comment.