Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update July 10th - No pain, no gain, achievements and more! - Discussion

Comments

• Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 20.07.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    So what exactly do you think I misunderstand?

Have I missed or misinterpreted any crucial point?

yes :) since in order to get the top price you need to be running on toplevel since this also reduces time it's impossible to keep it up during the night or without gold. You can run less overnight but this gives you nowhere near the amounts of points needed for the high prices
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 20.07.2015
    Kaiwas nobody is even considering reward 40 without spending gold. Actually we have been talking about insane amount of gold and possibly time invested. Everything you're trying to suggest is already included in our reasoning. Your comment make no sense.
  • makeakit590makeakit590 Posts: 2
    edited 20.07.2015
    Hello everybody i am new here :) my name is Noah my player name is makeakit590
  • makeakit590makeakit590 Posts: 2
    edited 20.07.2015
    hello everybody i am new here :)

aknore this
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 20.07.2015
    Let me get this straight everyone was complaining because the event was too easy before, now that Big Farm Payed attention and made it difficult, you all are complaining it is too difficult, WHEN WILL THE COMPLAINING STOP?
    The key to the game is have fun and try to complete the events, if you do great, if you don't, try harder next time. Otherwise stop whining
    edited 20.07.2015
    Not "everyone" and not "all", kbahr. :)
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 20.07.2015
    My only point is that GGS did make it difficult after people were complaining it was too easy, and I was one. Difficult yes, but I am happy they did it now that I will not finish it within a day and have something to make me work harder on the farm. The only thing I would like to see is them make it similar to the main 5 event with levels.
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 20.07.2015
    Because obiously very easy and impossibly hard are the only two options? :rolleyes:
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 20.07.2015
    Kaiowas wrote: »
    yes :) since in order to get the top price you need to be running on toplevel since this also reduces time it's impossible to keep it up during the night or without gold. You can run less overnight but this gives you nowhere near the amounts of points needed for the high prices
    Kaiwas nobody is even considering reward 40 without spending gold. Actually we have been talking about insane amount of gold and possibly time invested. Everything you're trying to suggest is already included in our reasoning. Your comment make no sense.

Exactly right Kiowas. Its like Kamil doesn't see the 'sleeping' qualifier in the statement ever.

-Y
    edited 20.07.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    Exactly right Kiowas. Its like Kamil doesn't see the 'sleeping' qualifier in the statement ever.

-Y

It's starting to be soooooooo funny Yakoska. It's rather like you don't read what I post at all and stay locked with your own thoughts, which I already suggested.

In my posts I already mentioned:
    • Insane amount of gold is expected to allow long run on long term crops on L10 productivity. (How much insane is to be determined.)
    • Some people spent insane time on first run having hardly any sleep. Such would have no issue getting up every 2 or 4 or whatever hours if needed.(Not saying I would bother or recomending it. Just saying some are like that.)
    So your sleeping qualifier is clearly included in my reasonings, if the average person need for sleep is what you mean by that. You just have to start reading correctly. :)

All the time we are talking about insane amount of gold and insane amount of time on one side, while in paralel you are trying to rule out insane and push it back to normal to prove your point.

You wanted to make a point that the reward 40 is not doable for normal player, and for that reason the event timing or points amount need to be adjusted. I agree it's not doable for normal player. Neverheless you said instead that it's not doable even with gold and time insanity factor included, which I object to and prove incorrect.

Most points are rather clear and simple, but obviously not in your head. What's your issue then? ? Where do you miss it all the time? Go and re-read the whole debate 5 times again without your "thought lock". Hopefully you'll get it. :)

Good luck. :)
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 20.07.2015
    You wanted to make a point that the reward 40 is not doable for normal player, and for that reason the event timing or points amount need to be adjusted. I agree it's not doable for normal player.

Exactly right. You should stop there.
    Neverheless you said instead that it's not doable even with gold and time insanity factor included, which I object to and prove incorrect. )

No I didn't, and don't. I do say its beyond GGS' normal levels of required insanity.

-Y
    edited 20.07.2015
    So now you agree again and say it is doable with insanity factor included, but one must be more insane then usual? :):):)

I can go with that as I never measured the levels of insanity needed for different tasks. :):):)

Why do we have this silly debate then? :):):)
  • sarah74 (GB1)sarah74 (GB1) Posts: 81
    edited 20.07.2015
    hardup wrote: »
    The ranked #1 gamer got 130,000 score for 5 hours.
    Up to now top REAL performance on the machine is 26k/hour
    Based on this number you can reach only bonus38 = 7 Sunflower seeds

I agree! the top prize could be unlimited gold - no one would or could possibly get there!
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    Let me get this straight everyone was complaining because the event was too easy before, now that Big Farm Payed attention and made it difficult, you all are complaining it is too difficult, WHEN WILL THE COMPLAINING STOP?
    The key to the game is have fun and try to complete the events, if you do great, if you don't, try harder next time. Otherwise stop whining

I think the point is that we'd like a challenge - but a realistic one not a goal that is statistically impossible to reach.

Yakoska / Kamilcom

Can't you two just agree to disagree??? Although watching your posts and back biting is humorous - the end result is that you are diluting a legitimate thread with your bickering....

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    edited 20.07.2015
    sarah745 wrote: »
    Yakoska / Kamilcom

Can't you two just agree to disagree??? Although watching your posts and back biting is humorous - the end result is that you are diluting a legitimate thread with your bickering....

Aplogies Sarah. We actually agree. :) Glad you at least had some fun with us :):)
    edited 20.07.2015
    Aplogies Sarah. We actually agree. :) Glad you at least had some fun with us :):)

Secretly (I enjoyed the bickering) Have you both considered relationship counselling???? ....at least it keeps the post in the top few.... but now theres cross posting everywhere - we need a mod to come along and stick it all in a single thread again.... (fingers crossed)
  • Daredevil (GB1)Daredevil (GB1) Posts: 15
    edited 21.07.2015
    Im lvl 29 and I have not yet started my gourmet farm, only main farm, and yet the silo is asking for Dandelions... Is this a bug or am I really behind in my tasks...? It's not fair that it's asking for goods I am still unable to produce...
    edited 21.07.2015
    Secretly (I enjoyed the bickering) Have you both considered relationship counselling???? ....

Did you mean here online? Want to get involved? ...... ;)

PS: now we are diluting the thread with attempted counseling. :):):)
    Im lvl 29 and I have not yet started my gourmet farm, only main farm, and yet the silo is asking for Dandelions... Is this a bug or am I really behind in my tasks...? It's not fair that it's asking for goods I am still unable to produce...

I vaguely remember CM mentioning a bug of this type, which should have been fixed by now.
  • chikenduck (US1)chikenduck (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    edited 21.07.2015
    Yes Daredevil you are behind a bit, the Gourmet farm is available for cash at level 26. I think that the "No Pain No Gain" event is based on your player level, not on your farms per say!
  • harduphardup Posts: 125
    edited 21.07.2015
    Best gamer after 18 hours achieved the score of 475k
    equivalent of 26.4k per hour = 1,583,000 for 60 hours run = 1,900,000 for 72 hours
    will see the night performance now
    edited 21.07.2015
    Our best is on 601 k .......... after nearly 21. hours? And after night. :)
    edited 21.07.2015
    my clock moved to ~1day at 10am GMT 48 hours left
    Our best is on 601 k .......... after nearly 21. hours? And after night. :)

Kamilcom,

Just been to your farm and realised you are level 55 so your performance is in the 45-65 levels.....

Currently in the 65+ levels top performance is THE BIG 1 (a level 327) at 615864....

Interestingly close to the performance at the lower level.....

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    edited 21.07.2015
    Sarah I'm talking about the best on UK server. Lower tiers obviously have lower performance.
    edited 21.07.2015
    Sarah I'm talking about the best on UK server. Lower tiers obviously have lower performance.

oh.... can i ask are the 40 rewards set at lower point levels in the other tiers?
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 21.07.2015
    Does it sometimes automatically skip the next box? I had it processing corn at level 6 with about 30 minutes to go I think and it said the next box was barley and the one after that cabbage. So I planted the barley. When I went to harvest it 3 hours later the machine had moved on to asking for cabbage. Why?
    edited 21.07.2015
    Does it sometimes automatically skip the next box? I had it processing corn at level 6 with about 30 minutes to go I think and it said the next box was barley and the one after that cabbage. So I planted the barley. When I went to harvest it 3 hours later the machine had moved on to asking for cabbage. Why?

I think it only happens if there is an update - I had one this morning and it skipped the box - exactly as you described.... :(
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 21.07.2015
    I am always most interested in real world examples. I did 430,000 points in the first 24 hours. Given that my list of things to gather has been as near perfect as I think could ever be possible (I have had absolutely no downtime), I figure I might get to 1.1 - 1.2 million over 3 days at the very most, if the list of requested items stays perfect (which is absurdly unlikely). So the time or reward lists clearly need a slight adjustment. Cutting the reward requirements by 40 percent would work or simply making it 5 days instead of 3.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 21.07.2015
    oh.... can i ask are the 40 rewards set at lower point levels in the other tiers?

The reward levels are the same but I think the machine runs at different rates for each tier.... The rewards are also different amounts of the item you win.... For example level 27-40 the 2 million reward is 2 licenses not 3.
    edited 21.07.2015

The 40 goes for 2 mil but I'll leave the rest to be answered by someone better qualified like Scissors. :)
  • Daredevil (GB1)Daredevil (GB1) Posts: 15
    edited 21.07.2015
    Thanks for the info Nafaru and chikenduck! It took me a while to figure out how to unlock the gourmet, it was actually easy once found... Sorry for complaining.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 21.07.2015
    i don't know if anyone has realised....

If the event runs for 48 hours thats 2880 mins (48x60) or 172800 seconds (2880x60) given the top reward is at 2 million and the top level is 10 points per second this is not achievable....

Hey sarah745,

the event lasts for almost 3 days this time. In fact, the remaining time display switched to ~1 day (less than 48 hours left) at 10:00am CEST today. :)

Given that fact, it's technically possible to reach all 40 rewards, however the last of the 20 additional rewards we added are not supposed to be easy to reach.

Most of you complained (and rightfully so) that the old version of the event was too easy to finish.
    What we did now is expanding the prizes so that it is very hard to finish all 40 reward steps. However, prizes were moved and adjusted to that you can still earn all previous rewards and some more, additional and hard to achieve ones during the course of the event.

rocnrobn wrote: »
    You really need to fix the timer so I don't have to open the silo to see it every time I harvest...IT IS VERY ANNOYING!!!

Timers in different locations, as well as showing the remaining event hours in the event menu is on top of our list of optimization requests to the team.

I'm pretty sure that this is something we can improve in the future. :)
    chikenduck wrote: »
    Yes Daredevil you are behind a bit, the Gourmet farm is available for cash at level 26. I think that the "No Pain No Gain" event is based on your player level, not on your farms per say!

chikenduck is right, Daredevil.
    Since the Gourmet farm can be unlocked at level 25 (20 with use of gold), the event is now requesting Dandelion at level 29.

In order to get rid of your current box, you may either unlock the farm and plant some dandelion or skip the box using a small amount of gold.

For some events, goods from other farms may be requested as soon as you passed the unlock level of the respective farm or production building. Therefore you should always consider keeping your farms as up to date as possible. ;)

We unfortunately have a bug causing boxes to sometimes move over if you're offline for longer periods.

This is of course not intended and we're hoping to be able to fix this issue with one of the next updates, so you may prepare for upcoming crates.

Regards,
    Steffi
Sign In to comment.