Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update July 10th - No pain, no gain, achievements and more! - Discussion

Comments

• Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 20.07.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    So, provided there is no cap on how much you can pack into the funnel buffer, and since you included insane amount of time and/or gold into your reasoning, your conclusions are again incorrect. Insane gold provides for the amount of goods needed in the funnel to keep it running as long as you need it, be it 8 or 24 or whatever hours, insane time sorts out somebody starting at midnight. The top notch reward "only" needs about 56 hours running on level 10, so "easily" doable for gold spending enthusiasts. Your calculations are pointless when you try to limit insane time and gold which you originaly included in your reasonings. You only failed in it because you refused to be insane enough. :):):)

(Actually, even a funnel buffer limit wouldn't change anything on your conclusions being wrong, it would only require combination of insane gold and time, but would still be doable.)

Now you can indulge yourself in speculatons about how much is just insane or very insane or insanely insane if you wish. Well, people do stuff .......... read about somebody having hardly any sleep on the first run for example ...... I wouldn't consider anything insane myself. But for enthusiasts, no biggie issue. Figgure that one out. :)

Wheather it would be nice to have slightly lower point span or slightly longer time to accomodate for non-enthusiasts satisfaction is another question completely.

Just as a side note: For GGS the top of many features seems to be determined by the most enthusiastic performers. So the crazier some players go about something, the higher the ceiling wll be set by GGS. They call it balancing. And since there are more then 4 hours time extra, they might add some points or lower the time slightly for some runs ......smile.png;) 8) ....... Well, that was a joke ....... haha........... I intend to enjoy the next run anyway without getting anywhere near insane. :)

You do realize, when you harvest enough immediately to crank the machine up to gauge 10 in a second with gold it will only run for about 30 seconds before moving on to the next product, right? Even for a heavy goldy that is an insane amount of clicking and being busy to keep it running at gauge 10. It is impossible to keep the machine running at gauge 10, honestly. And I wonder if that sick time limit will help you get a lot of points fast enough before you run out of breath, clicking.
    So George is back with his machine & I hafta say I am pleasantly surprised!! .... The top hard work deco is 33/40 and you only need 670,000 to get it.... The rewards after that are some nice stuff, including 3 gold licenses for the top 2,000,000 but I think its very cool that a deco is not the top one. :thumbup:

The timer still has no hover-time though.... Is it really 2 days or between 2 & 3 days? 8|

Scissors, think for one second :P If the time moves below 48 hours it will change to ~1 day. So as long as it still says ~2, it is more than 48 hours, but less than 72 because if it was more than 72 it would say ~3 days.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 20.07.2015
    I think the ~2 means more than 2 days.... in other events the ~ sign means more than, just try check now running horse tournament which have ~1 month left.

Edit: Larino was faster than me ;)
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 20.07.2015
    Just popped in to say loving the new rewards, it was fairly easy to rack up 3 million points last time but it felt pointless to do so, now it doesn't~
    Thanks for the event, it's as fun as before only now more rewarding!
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 20.07.2015
    Larino wrote: »
    Scissors, think for one second :P If the time moves below 48 hours it will change to ~1 day. So as long as it still says ~2, it is more than 48 hours, but less than 72 because if it was more than 72 it would say ~3 days.

Correct Larino, but between 48 & 72 hours doesn`t help lol 8| Thats what I wanna know, which hour between 48 & 72 is it? :thumbup:
  • tampoon (INT1)tampoon (INT1) Posts: 197
    edited 20.07.2015
    I feel that the timer is ok this time, but I seem to be obtaining rewards prematurely - unless the points shown is incorrect.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 20.07.2015
    Correct Larino, but between 48 & 72 hours doesn`t help lol 8| Thats what I wanna know, which hour between 48 & 72 is it? :thumbup:

Hehe, that is sometime I cannot help you with either :P I suppose you will know when it switches over to ~1 day XD Doesn't help either, eh? :P
    tampoon2 wrote: »
    I feel that the timer is ok this time, but I seem to be obtaining rewards prematurely - unless the points shown is incorrect.

The rewards are indeed mixed up for some reason. Some are being skipped. I do not know if we will get those still on a later rewarding point, since we receive others prematurely.
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 20.07.2015
    And now George went missing?
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 20.07.2015
    The silo just disappeared from my farm. Showed me what I'd won. Poof. Cleared cache...refresh...gone.
  • Baldera (SKN1)Baldera (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 192
    edited 20.07.2015
    Hi, where is my Silo gone? i was very good with milk (8 points /sec) and suddenly - the silo is GONE?
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    edited 20.07.2015
    What happened to it? It just disappeared from my game.

That was a short 2 days.

No mention of it going.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 20.07.2015
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    And now George went missing?

He's just gone???? And i already cleared everything.... maybe i try again...
  • samridh2002 (IN1)samridh2002 (IN1) Posts: 86
    edited 20.07.2015
    Where is the event it just vanished is it a bug?
  • Ellen2132 (NL1)Ellen2132 (NL1) Posts: 96
    edited 20.07.2015
    Me too, The timer said still over 2 days left and suddenly.... poof..... gone

----
    update: probably a bug, because now my server is going down due to maintenance
  • edited 20.07.2015
    Same with me. At least we are not alone.
  • diddy8 (GB1)diddy8 (GB1) Posts: 5
    edited 20.07.2015
    mine too...gone
  • floppypoppy7 (GB1)floppypoppy7 (GB1) Posts: 14
    edited 20.07.2015
    The machine is old, maybe its finally packed in
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 20.07.2015
    Same her?

And to my big surprise, I get some ranking rewards, both on my us farm and on my skn farm? (and no not some high value things, only feed, humes and that kind of stuff)

But don't ask me how I qualified me to get some ranking rewards, because I don't know how I did it, since this event is so complicated to me to understand, that I don't can find an optimal strategic way to play it.
  • keebee (GB1)keebee (GB1) Posts: 8
    edited 20.07.2015
    i managed to get the third reward an then it disappeared, whats going on an do we get the time back, that due to technical error we miss
    edited 20.07.2015
    And now the whole game closed...
  • samridh2002 (IN1)samridh2002 (IN1) Posts: 86
    edited 20.07.2015
    Servers down and work in progress
  • harduphardup Posts: 125
    edited 20.07.2015
    Official announcement just few minutes ago
    Nafaru wrote:
    No Pain, No Gain - Wrong rewards, a short maintenance and restart of the event.
    Hey everyone,

due to some problems with wrong rewards being paid out for the "No Pain, No Gain" event, we will stop this event now and re-start it around 01:00pm CEST.

Between 12:00pm and 01:00pm CEST there will be a downtime to address the wrong reward payout.

You may keep all previously earned rewards and we will extend the event for some hours to make up for the lost time between event start and re-activation.

Due to the fact that the event needs to be restarted, all previously earned points will be reset. As said before you may keep the rewards, though, and will also be eligible for all reward stages you have already earned before.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Feel free to prepare for the restart of the event in ~1 hour.

Regards,
    your Big Farm Team
    Then just boom - server reset - feel free to prepare - lol
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 20.07.2015
    Poor old George, it there a parts of his old machine, behind his tractor.....
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 20.07.2015
    Hi everyone,

Please check the announcement here
  • Bondenson2 (US1)Bondenson2 (US1) US1 Posts: 929
    edited 20.07.2015
    Hope that George is safe!
    359357Usinegazboom.jpg
    edited 20.07.2015
    Skn1 is back already. I hope reset means starting with corn again...
  • harduphardup Posts: 125
    edited 20.07.2015
    Does anybody know what happens if you [SKIP] the machine while packing some crop.
    Does it give you clicks/rewards/seconds for the amount that has been loaded into the machine?
    Thanks
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 20.07.2015
    hardup wrote: »
    Does anybody know what happens if you [SKIP] the machine while packing some crop.
    Does it give you clicks/rewards/seconds for the amount that has been loaded into the machine?
    Thanks

Hey hardup,

if you skip a box, the current box will be closed and moved away, while the next box is moved under the funnel.

It's the same mechanism that is also started when an empty funnel is detected. No points are added in the process of skipping a box.

Regards,
    Steffi
  • jjjjjjjjjjjj10jjjjjjjjjjjj10 Posts: 136
    edited 20.07.2015
    bother :/.............
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 20.07.2015
    Larino wrote: »
    You do realize, when you harvest enough immediately to crank the machine up to gauge 10 in a second with gold it will only run for about 30 seconds before moving on to the next product, right? Even for a heavy goldy that is an insane amount of clicking and being busy to keep it running at gauge 10. It is impossible to keep the machine running at gauge 10, honestly. And I wonder if that sick time limit will help you get a lot of points fast enough before you run out of breath, clicking.

I think the highest I got was speed 9 just once with wild flowers and that was crazy fast. If what you say about 30 secs applies to any product, not just the wild flowers, that would be insanely insane even for the biggest enthusiasts. 8) I would think that longer term product would leave a lot longer "run out" time but haven't been there and will not, so have to go with what you say. :)
Sign In to comment.