Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Cooperative Challenge Top Prizes

13»

Comments

• tab1302 (AU1)tab1302 (AU1) Posts: 15
    edited 20.07.2015
    Dear admin

As a member of the Farming Geeks on the au server, I would like to ask if it would be at all possible for the top 10 reward prizes to be changed as there is only so much space to fit the coop cherry orchard prize on your farms and many people in top coops would like different prizes to be on offer for the next challenge.

Thanks for your consideration.
  • debbie5117 (AU1)debbie5117 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    edited 20.07.2015
    Having just finished the coop challenge I now have 3 cherry orchards in my dropbox with nowhere to put them on my farm. Come on GGS, start listening to your players, give us different prizes like tokens for the wheel of fortune or even make one of the prizes some gold (like that will happen).:)
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 20.07.2015
    Demo them for cash, and rebuild. :)

-Y
  • Beaver (US1)Beaver (US1) Posts: 29
    edited 20.07.2015
    I love the idea of a "Co-op World Championship", but I am sure that is not possible due to the interactions of all those teams from different servers. Perhaps someone who is more familiar with computers/servers/IT can chime in and let us know how hard that is to do, if possible. My biggest problem with the challenge is that it is becoming increasingly boring for me due to the amount of loner missions. Nothing is more boring and there should be an "opt out" if you get a loner mission. It is much more fun with at least 3 or more others competing against each other. When I get a loner mission (or a mission with one person who just doesn't participate) I figure it is a complete waste of time. Missions should not allowed to be started unless a minimum of 3 people are involved.
  • Shirley 23Shirley 23 Posts: 7
    edited 20.07.2015
    Some great ideas coming out of this which could be developed:-

1. Have tournaments between ranks 1 to 8, 9 to 16 etc. This way everyone is involved at comparative levels.
    2. Have all the production facilities, decorations, houses or special decos designed for the challenge and winners select what they would be entitled to.

GGS needs to think about the challenge so that we all feel as if we want to participate, regardless of what level co-op we are!

Shirley 23
    Farming Geeks
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 21.07.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »

...Tough to sympathize with complaining about riches.... :)

-Y

• Create tiers for different co-op levels, including a really challenging 'Diamond' league for the top co-ops.
    • The horse challenge allows players to move up into the next league depending on their strategies, efforts and a little luck. Why not do something similar with this co-op challenge?
    • With the new No Pain No Gain event, there are multiple tiers each with their own top 5 winners - and where the top awards are not exactly the same from tier to tier . Different players can win different awards as they move into the next tier. I think that is brilliant. Why not the same for co-ops as they grow?
    • Ability to choose the top award from a list of possible options; from decos to orchards to island cash or some other award

<rant on> It's not just the winners of this event who are tired of the same ol' same ol'. On the US server at least, it's the same co-ops that have a death lock on the top positions. It gets a little boring for the other 90% who don't have a snowball chance in hell of placing in top 10 much less 1st place. And before anyone gets all preachy about their 'strategies & hard work & blah blah blah' - allow me to point out the obvious. In any event where one team can field 50 to 60+ players against another team who can only field 20, it is not a competition. It's a gladiatorial bloodbath. ;(

Which is why this is my least favorite of the events - with the top awards unreachable & the hard work awards that aren't worth the effort our team puts into it. What need do I have for more certificates added to the tens of thousands of certificates that I already can't use up? I play for the benefit of our 'younger' level players -AND the value of a team effort working to improve on their previous accomplishments.

I find myself agreeing with the sentiment above <rant off>

GGS - please review the entire award strategies for this event! :)
  • boy18boy18 Posts: 10
    edited 21.07.2015
    Shirley 23 wrote: »
    Some great ideas coming out of this which could be developed:-

Shirley 23
    Farming Geeks

I like the idea of either selling unwanted production facilities (Cherry orchard) for gold or selling them for deco upgrade tokens.

Cheers
    Farming Geek :)
  • liam k (INT1)liam k (INT1) INT1 Posts: 16
    edited 21.07.2015
    i think this is a good idea maybe the prices for rewars need to be looked at i think double xp should cost moe than that but yes its a good idea for example in the last coop championship and 1 before that once my coop got the trophy and were 2nd and 3rd there is no real motivation to waste gold if you cant get 1st in this case we would all actually try until the end
  • edited 22.07.2015
    I like the idea aswell. Especially for little cooperatives it's hard to collect enough project items on their own. So if we could store them and use them later it would be much easier to come forward. :thumbsup:
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 13.01.2016

Due to more-or-less the same co-ops getting into the top 10, but not generally first spot, my suggestion is to be able to swap 3 co-op-cherry orchards (that are sitting in the themed building inventory) for 1 co-op apple orchard.

It might then also be possible to swap 3 co-op apple orchards for something even more special, and this chain could continue.

Another approach is that maybe we win special co-op tokens from the co-op challenge (you wouldn't be able to get them any other way) and then use them to buy items including the ones we can already win.

Post edited by Rusty Farmer (AU1) on
  • Another approach is that maybe we win special co-op tokens from the co-op challenge (you wouldn't be able to get them any other way) and then use them to buy items including the ones we can already win.
    This is a fantastic idea that would greatly increase interest in the co-op championship.

At the end of the championship, each co-op could get a number of tokens based on the number of rep points the co-op earned, which would encourage all co-ops to participate, even if they are small.

The high ranking co-ops could get a bonus number of tokens, which would encourage strong co-ops to compete to rank high.

The tokens won by a co-op would be divided by the max number of members that co-op could have, rounded up, and that amount would be given to each member of that co-op.

The championship tent could hang around for a while, and would act as a store where tokens could be used to purchase special things like the orchards.  Even members of weak co-ops could eventually buy good stuff by saving their tokens over a number of championships.

• Sounds like some very good and thoughtful suggestions~!
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

I like the idea about the special co-op tokens. That would give us all a fair advantage to achieve rewards. While some co-ops would get the rewards sooner (due to earning more tokens), everyone else would have the chance to save up for what they want. The smaller co-ops don't stand a chance and that's not fair at all! Why are the smaller co-ops even placed against higher co-ops?

IMO, as it is now, the CC is at a stand still. The top co-ops continue to use gold to be number 1 even though they don't need/want the rewards. The competition aspect of this game is more about who has a bigger wallet rather than who can figure out a great strategy. There's plenty of things to spend gold on but it doesn't have to be everything. ;)

• I agree about the tokens. In my post on page 1 I suggested we compete for tokens in all the themed building events, so that we can buy whichever ones we want, because as well as too many cherry orchards, I also have a donkey stable I don`t need. But since then, GGS has introduced a new currency (the gold pennies) which would be the ideal solution. We could use all these events as another way to collect gold pennies & then use the pennies not just for the friendship rewards, but to buy whatever themed buildings we actually want.

This would have the added benefit for all those people who registered on other sites & now do not have access to the friendship program, so they would also have a way to get gold pennies to buy things like the friendship meadow.
  • Kynio (PL1)Kynio (PL1) Posts: 274
    edited 14.01.2016
    Hi!
    I player from polish server so dont look on my weak english :)
    I have some good idea about this event.
    On basement i have few cherry orchad because my Cooperative ussualy is in TOP10.
    Mayby we can exchange 3 Cherry Orchad for 1 Apple Orchad.
    This solution allows gain Apple Orchad player's from not so strong Cooperative that he can win Challenge but so busy that they ussualy is in TOP10.

Greetings :)
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    Hi!
    I player from polish server so dont look on my weak english :)
    I have some good idea about this event.
    On basement i have few cherry orchad because my Cooperative ussualy is in TOP10.
    Mayby we can exchange 3 Cherry Orchad for 1 Apple Orchad.
    This solution allows gain Apple Orchad player's from not so strong Cooperative that he can win Challenge but so busy that they ussualy is in TOP10.

Greetings :)
    yes thats idea is good we ll get apple after donating 3 cheery orchard
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226

Due to more-or-less the same co-ops getting into the top 10, but not generally first spot, my suggestion is to be able to swap 3 co-op-cherry orchards (that are sitting in the themed building inventory) for 1 co-op apple orchard.

It might then also be possible to swap 3 co-op apple orchards for something even more special, and this chain could continue.

Another approach is that maybe we win special co-op tokens from the co-op challenge (you wouldn't be able to get them any other way) and then use them to buy items including the ones we can already win.

I like the idea of swapping 3 co-op cherry orchards for 1 co-op apple orchard very much rusty farmer.
    but...
    I like the idea of getting special co-op tokens even better!

We could save them up for a special merchant. One that comes to town after the co-op Championship is over, who will buy and sell each of the co-op orchards for the tokens. 
    Maybe GGS could make a Co-op meadow just like the Friendship meadow and stick that in there for Tokens. Sadly, I am Friendless (except for all my wonderful friends here at Farmers First) and will never get a Friendship meadow otherwise.
  • I also like this idea!!  Thanks for thinking of it
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I like this idea too and hope GGS will consider implementing it.
  • Rhomboid (GB1)Rhomboid (GB1) Posts: 28
    edited 20.01.2016
    :) The idea of "swapping"  the cherry orchards will only assist those who keep winning ( and whinging  about) them. I like the idea of after winning the rewards 3 times, the co-op cannot win any more for the next 3 challenges. Some of the idea's above seem good, but be honest it will apply to the same 10 - 15 co-ops on every server, so suggestions are made that will not apply to about 99% of the co-ops.  :)

The new token currency seems a good idea, but of course Good Game want the top co-ops to throw their Gold at the challenge, then later on they will offer up the co-op orchards at a huge gold cost
  • everyone needs to keep talking, getting the attention of GGS, they could reward the top 20 coops and give a reward choice, examples karma points, seaweed products or xps top ten raters within the coop could receive mystery boxes and rewards for lower coops as well. right now there is no level playing field, everone should receive something for participating...soon all will lose interest...happy farming..keep the ideas coming!
  • We need GGS to change the coop challenge reward given for Rank 1 in INDIA1 SERVER.

Out of 24, we have won 22 CCs. and currently we have 4 Dandy Duck in our storage.  Obviously none of us or any coop will not place all the DDC in gourmet farm.

So we request a change in the reward. Also we need the coop apple Appearances.

New format of Gold offers not a good Idea! I am sure GGS will analyze the amount of gold purchase during CCs.
  • edited 21.10.2016
    Golde League 1-10 Rank 
    Win 4x gold flowers 
    Silver League 1-5 Rank
    Win 3x gold flowers 
    Bronze 1-3 Rank
    Win 2x gold flowers
    Rookie 1 Rank 
    Win 1x gold flowers

Gold League Top1 Rank
    1 Gold cow sheed 8x5
    Silver League Top1 Rank
    1 decoration +90 happines
    Bronze League Top 1 Rank
    1 decoration +40 happines
    Rokkie League Top 1 Rank
    8seaweed hums 

Rank Top50 player
    1-10
    Win Trophies Decoration 

My Suggestion :)

Post edited by BIGFARM -VH (INT1) on
  •  For the Coop Challenge, how about changing the grand prize after at least the third or fourth go around? I would like to see the pig goat rabbit or chicken balloon, if not something even better.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    If a cooperative reaches the top 1 of rookie league, the players in it will get 2 goldflower seeds which earns a total of 600-2400 gold.  In bronze league, the best league reward possible is a silver mystery box and the best hard work reward is a 4x5 decoration with 55 happiness.  There are no rewards that give gold.  This will cause some higher bronze league cooperatives to intentionally drop down to rookie to try to get the goldflower seeds.  

Why does a higher league get no gold but lower league has the possibility of getting more than a thousand gold?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Right now the decos offered in the CC do have the 2 types of happiness which is needed by the co ops trying to do the co op village. The amount of the different mystery boxes offered in the different leagues was to replace the golden flower seeds and the gold mining license they use to offer as part of the hard work rewards. Which they said would still give us a chance at those gold item rewards. Our co op has been in the Silver League for some time now and can usually earn all the hard work rewards from the CC. A number of members have won gold golden flower seeds and gold mining licences from the various mystery boxes we have earned.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Right now the decos offered in the CC do have the 2 types of happiness which is needed by the co ops trying to do the co op village. The amount of the different mystery boxes offered in the different leagues was to replace the golden flower seeds and the gold mining license they use to offer as part of the hard work rewards. Which they said would still give us a chance at those gold item rewards. Our co op has been in the Silver League for some time now and can usually earn all the hard work rewards from the CC. A number of members have won gold golden flower seeds and gold mining licences from the various mystery boxes we have earned.
    Bronze league gives only silver and bronze mystery boxes.  not gold mystery boxes.  Do silver mystery boxes contain any gold or gold producing item?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Bronze league gives only silver and bronze mystery boxes.  not gold mystery boxes.  Do silver mystery boxes contain any gold or gold producing item?
    Yes I have personally gotten a gold mining license from a Silver mystery box and have gotten gold rewards like 300 coins and a couple of 100 ones. Others from our co op have also gotten gold rewards even goldflower seeds. Now mind you they are rare but the gold item rewards are there 
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    I think for those co ops that do not get placed first should have a choice of a decoration if they dont want anymore large duck ponds. 
  • the people that reach top 50 in cc should receive special decos with VL happy points or other rewards as the HWE give gifts for top 50
Sign In to comment.