Home General Discussions & Questions

Criticism: Gold use

kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
Yes it is legal during missions, so if you do, I suggest a new tactic against you, people using pranks of digging over soil, since gold use is legal then there should be no complaints about using pranks on people, they are legal. If you do not like them being used on you then stop using gold. IT IS THE SAME THING

Some things to think about, if you have had had pranks used on you during missions think how it feels, it is the same as when players see other competitors get outrageous amounts of products during missions and win simply because they can buy wins.

Secondly. If GGS would simply fix this, then there would be no problem

Finally, when pranks are used on you, think how players that are lower level feel when you use gold to win when they have been doing the best they could and have a possible win taken away from them
It is as simple as that.
Post edited by kbahr007 (US1) on

Comments

  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 19.07.2015
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    Yes it is legal during missions, so if you do, I suggest a new tactic against you, people using pranks of digging over soil, since gold use is legal then there should be no complaints about using pranks on people, they are legal. If you do not like them being used on you then stop using gold. IT IS THE SAME THING

    Here are some examples of gold being used to benefit a person in missions:

    - buying library books to increase harvests of particular items. Are you suggesting that everyone with a library of a certain size should be pranked?

    - using aids such as seaweed feed or humus. Some seaweed is given free by the game, but it can also be purchased with gold. Can you tell who is using weed they got as rewards and who has bought it with gold? Or do you feel everyone using seaweed should be pranked?

    - even use of gold purchases such as the Water Tower or fertile fields can benefit people in missions because those items allow people to put more production facilities on their farms. Should everyone with a Water Tower or fertile field be pranked?

    If you're going to target everyone who has ever used gold to benefit them in missions, you're going to be spending a lot of gold on pranks.

    Then there's also the small point that people who are heavy gold users can certainly afford pranks themselves. And probably have friends who could afford to buy pranks. I have seen farms covered in pranks from members of a co-op who were retaliating for a prank placed on someone's farm. Do you seriously want to get into that?

    It's your choice, of course, but really I think there are better ways to use your own gold. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pingo4 @ us 1
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 19.07.2015
    Then there should never be any complaints about people using pranks against other players during missions.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 19.07.2015
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    think how players that are lower level feel when you use gold to win when they have been doing the best they could and have a possible win taken away from them
    It is as simple as that.

    While I was typing, you edited your post & added the part quoted above. I just want to respond that it isn't necessarily the higher level players who are using the most gold in missions. I am a higher level player, and the most gold spending I've seen in missions during this co-op challenge has been done by players level 60-something who were obviously doing a lot of gold pushing to try to win the mission against higher level farms. I don't get upset about that - I understand them wanting to win, and if they want to use gold, they're supporting the game. Probably the reason they are being paired up with higher-level players is because they do so much gold pushing to increase their harvests. But in the end, it comes down to player choice. Should I be upset when my farm, which I have worked hard & spent a lot of time and money building up, gets beaten in an egg mission by a lower level player with 2 chickens, a duck & a pocketful of gold? I laugh and carry on. It's just a game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pingo4 @ us 1
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 19.07.2015
    How is pranking a gold user going to make them stop using gold???.... The prank slows down the field, they are already using gold to speed them up, so end result...no change, except you just gave the gold user some karma & a good laugh at your expense, because if you had used the gold that you spent on the prank to do the mission, you might have actually won it or at least improved your own reward, instead it has cost you gold & you have got nothing out of it. 8|
     
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 19.07.2015
    KBahr isn't saying prank gold users. Kbahr, is saying gold use in a mission is the same as pranking in a mission. I agree. Prank me all you want, and expect payback :)

    -Y
    Yakoska @ us 1
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 19.07.2015
    The point I would like to make is that gold use should stop, when someone gets over (50,000 wildflowers) over someone that is just trying to win fairly, how is that fair. Besides an analogy i have used and will continue to use is in major league sports, what would you say if a team unfairly uses enhancements to win sports games, such as steroids. It was made illegal and the same thinking should apply to Big Farm.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 19.07.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    KBahr isn't saying prank gold users.

    -Y

    Sounded that way to me...... "I suggest a new tactic against you" .............."If you do not like them being used on you then stop using gold." .... I just don`t think it would affect them at all, though it might start a prank war like Pingo said.
     
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,759
    edited 19.07.2015
    I for one do not use Gold during missions. I can not afford to spend my hard earned Gold on that. Yes it can get frustrating when you are in a mission where some of the players use Gold. But also it does help you in a round about way. The more players in the mission, the more product collected, which means you get more points. I am a level 115 player and rarely do I finish in the top 3 let a lone win with my main farm almost maxed. I made a suggestion a while back to have 2 levels of missions, the way it is now and 1 non gold. But I doubt it will ever happen as the game needs players who use/buy Gold to keep the game running.
     Need help check CrazyBigFarm
  • edited 20.07.2015
    I have a solution to this. Stop caring about winning. When I play, I lower the screen and have no idea how I am doing until the end results come up. I am not playing to win. I am playing for rep points. I get some no matter what. I think it is funny to see someone who is obviously spending a ton of gold to win a mission. It is just a mission, not a life or death situation. Because of gold use, the silly rankings are not a statement of your worth or ability as a virtual farmer. Play however you like, just keep it in perspective :)
    Moonshine1962 @ us 1
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 20.07.2015
    Sounded that way to me...... "I suggest a new tactic against you" .............."If you do not like them being used on you then stop using gold." .... I just don`t think it would affect them at all, though it might start a prank war like Pingo said.

    Yes I understand how you got that. But consider his statement from the POV of a non-gold user. Pranks cost gold!

    -Y

    Edit> And this... though again my tech savvy fails me....

    "I have a solution to this. Stop caring about winning. When I play, I lower the screen and have no idea how I am doing until the end results come up. I am not playing to win. I am playing for rep points. I get some no matter what. I think it is funny to see someone who is obviously spending a ton of gold to win a mission. It is just a mission, not a life or death situation. Because of gold use, the silly rankings are not a statement of your worth or ability as a virtual farmer. Play however you like, just keep it in perspective " -- Moonshine1962
    Yakoska @ us 1
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 20.07.2015
    I use a little gold on missions now and then. If I really don't feel like doing wildflowers the hardwork way agaín, I plant specials with humus and gold them up just before the end.

    I'm not against using gold on missions though, everybody should decide that for themselves. Ofcourse I'll mutter a bit to myself, but that's it. I turn my farm full factory during championships and I work hard. If others want to use gold, their choice. I'm not bitter about it.
    Gwendolen @ US1

    Proud leader of Success Team
  • bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 20.07.2015
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    The point I would like to make is that gold use should stop, when someone gets over (50,000 wildflowers) over someone that is just trying to win fairly, how is that fair. Besides an analogy i have used and will continue to use is in major league sports, what would you say if a team unfairly uses enhancements to win sports games, such as steroids. It was made illegal and the same thinking should apply to Big Farm.

    Yo GGS hasta eat to there skippy...8|Instead of complaining you should thank the gold users because of them the game is free to play.
    bustaa @ us 1
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 20.07.2015
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    The point I would like to make is that gold use should stop, when someone gets over (50,000 wildflowers) over someone that is just trying to win fairly, how is that fair. Besides an analogy i have used and will continue to use is in major league sports, what would you say if a team unfairly uses enhancements to win sports games, such as steroids. It was made illegal and the same thinking should apply to Big Farm.

    Your analogy compares gold users to cheats, which is incorrect, because gold use is part of the game & not a form of cheating. I could just as easily use the analogy of a major league sports team with huge sponsors that could afford better players/trainers/facilities & another team with less money feeling that was unfair, they would not make sponsorship illegal.
     
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,499
    edited 20.07.2015
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    The point I would like to make is that gold use should stop, when someone gets over (50,000 wildflowers) over someone that is just trying to win fairly, how is that fair. Besides an analogy i have used and will continue to use is in major league sports, what would you say if a team unfairly uses enhancements to win sports games, such as steroids. It was made illegal and the same thinking should apply to Big Farm.
    Why should gold use stop?....because you think its unfair? So what if someone gets over 50,000 wildflowers...that's helping you and others to get more points as well. Its not about winning, its about earning RP. I don't use gold in missions but I don't care if others do. If they want to spend their money to help me earn more points then by all means go ahead! Comparing a virtual farm game to steroids is kinda insane. Why on Earth would GGS make gold use in missions illegal? They would be cutting their own throat....its ridiculous!

    You have quite a large library and garage...is that unfair to lower levels?

    BTW: If anyone wishes to prank me, please do. I could use the karma points to buy gifts for my friends. ;)

    Success Team is looking for new members! Click Here
  • edited 20.07.2015
    this game is based on buying gold, using gold and buying more gold. i have more of a problem with the constant bug issues. you would think with all the money the game makes off of gold sales they could give us a less frustrating experience with not having to click on a object 10 times before it clears and another 10 times to restart it.rebooting all day long is a pain.beware of the buy one get one free gold pack. i have a member that got charged for both,now she'll have the pleasure of the support run around before getting a refund. happy farming if you can get it too work .
    RulerWirehair1 @ us 1
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 20.07.2015
    for the gold used IT DOES NOT MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE, when i was doing a SOLO mission where it would not affect anyone else, I used gold to boost my production where i got over 30,000 products, the net result gave me only a slight bit more. GOLD USE to win is the only reason to use it, it does not help other people. And shame on people that use it for that purpose
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,759
    edited 20.07.2015
    You are mistaken there kbahr, " GOLD USE to win is the only reason to use it, it does not help other people." It does help every one who is in that mission. More people playing in that mission, the more product collected buy those people, right! Then every one who is in that mission gets more points, not just you. Yes if you happen to win of course you will get more points than the next person. But all definitely get more points as a result. Where as if you are in a solo mission, even with the use of Gold, you would not get as many points. As you stated.
     Need help check CrazyBigFarm
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 21.07.2015
    the fact is USING GOLD IS CHEATING [Gold use is not against the rules, hence 'cheating' does not apply. Please refrain from spreading such information. | Nafaru] BOTTOM LINE, you can try all you want to justify your position on the use but the FACT is using gold is a way of buying a win during the mission so i say to all the people that disagree with me to try to win the missions without using gold. And do not be surprised when people prank you during the mission. The pranks are legal by GGS standards. So they are the same thing
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 21.07.2015
    No matter how much capslock you use, using gold in missions is nót cheating. It's allowed by GGS and therefor not cheating. You may not líke it, but the fact stays that it's not cheating!

    And if you consider using gold cheating, then what about all those fertile fields you bought with gold, and all the library books? Why would thát not be cheating, and speeding up something a little bit because your timing is off suddenly is cheating? Or speeding something up because it helps you win? Why is that cheating in your eyes and buying all those fertile fields and library books not?
    Gwendolen @ US1

    Proud leader of Success Team
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 21.07.2015
    Use pranks on me in a mission and I will bomb you with them until your farm is unusable. Pranks are rude but turnaround is fair play. Pranks are an asinine addition to this game, IMO. Very rude. I'm Italian. The best that can happen to you if you mess with my stuff is waking up with your horse's head....

    Gold use is part of missions. No one forces you to use any and no one is being rude to you by using it.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 21.07.2015
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    the fact is USING GOLD IS CHEATING [Gold use is not against the rules, hence 'cheating' does not apply. Please refrain from spreading such information. | Nafaru] BOTTOM LINE, you can try all you want to justify your position on the use but the FACT is using gold is a way of buying a win during the mission so i say to all the people that disagree with me to try to win the missions without using gold. And do not be surprised when people prank you during the mission. The pranks are legal by GGS standards. So they are the same thing

    Quite obviously, using gold in missions is NOT cheating. What I would like to know is how do you know they are using gold vs purple humus/feed? I won a WF mission, during the last CC, by using some purple humus I'd acquired (not bought..received as rewards). I planted special WF seeds, humus, harvest, over and over.

    Pranks are legal, and can be used at any time, but I'd be careful using them during a CC. Your farm may be paralyzed. And, as I said above, you have no way of knowing if the player is using gold or purple humus/feed.

    By the way, I see a lot of fertile fields and quite a big library. Definitely gives you a 'gold' advantage over someone who doesn't/can't buy.


  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,361
    edited 21.07.2015
    Duffypoo, spot on! spot on! spot on! :thumbsup:

       
Sign In to comment.