Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hard Worker event - Tasks & etc...

harduphardup Posts: 125
The event runs for two days.
You may play it crazy way 8| - fighting for the top-5 rank, spending a lot of gold
or
you may play it easy way, just to collect all 20 bonuses on the way - all you need is just to keep machine running at productivity level = 2 points per second (for full two days ;().

You need to collect your crop and feed the machine's funnel.
Machine is going to ask the specific crop, one by one.
Take care and have fun ! ;)

Here is the list
(all numbers are approximate, for expert level >=65)

Task#
items to start next productivity level

Crop

1 corn

2 wild flowers

3 milk

4 wild flowers

5 milk
2h30m
200 items

6 cabbage

7 eggs

8 apples

... tbc

Notes
You can see you current number of crop items to speed-up the machine for the next productivity level
by hovering mouse of the machine gauge.

Machine runs the particular crop while you keep feeding it.
If you stop feeding the machine - it halts and waits for the next crop item.
Post edited by hardup on

Comments

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 10.07.2015
    hardup wrote: »
    The event runs for two days.
    You may play it crazy way - fighting for the top-5 rank, spending a lot of gold
    or
    you may play it easy way, just to collect all 20 bonuses on the way.

You need to collect your crop and feed the machine's funnel.
    Machine is going to ask the specific crop, one by one.
    Here is the list

Task#
    productivity level

2 wild flowers

3 milkl

4 wild flowers

5 milk

6 cabbage

7 eggs

8 apples

Crop

... tbc

not accurate , as it is different for everyone. I got corn first, now stuck on apples
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 10.07.2015
    Sorry man... not correct. I got corn first and for the last 6 hours or so I'm stuck on appels and will continue to be stuck on appls for at least teh next 4h... :) Making it very boring :p
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 10.07.2015
    There's also Jasmine and Barley, and Lavender...
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 10.07.2015
    Yep, my order was corn/milk/corn/jasmine/corn/cabbage/apples....

-Y
  • harduphardup Posts: 125
    edited 10.07.2015
    Ok then, thanks
    Looks like we have different sequence of crop demand.
  • RachaelB (AU1)RachaelB (AU1) Posts: 76
    edited 10.07.2015
    Do you have to stay on-line for the crop to process?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 10.07.2015
    klt49 wrote: »
    No, you can go offline, but you risk letting the funnel run empty and moving to the next box. :)
  • Zahrah4Zahrah4 Posts: 2
    edited 10.07.2015
    hello everyone new user. please can somebody tell me if I can use the stock I already have why wait for it to be produced and go in funnel. assaid above apple taketo long and it s ery ow an oring
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 10.07.2015
    you can only use the crops you produce not what you have in storage
  • harduphardup Posts: 125
    edited 10.07.2015
    klt49 wrote: »

no you don't
    the machine packs all you "put into the funnel", then stops waiting for the next type of stuff to be packed.
    Zahrah4 wrote: »
    hello everyone new user. please can somebody tell me if I can use the stock I already have why wait for it to be produced and go in funnel. assaid above apple taketo long and it s ery ow an oring

you can use only the stuff you are collecting (that is not "packed" yet)

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, use multi-quote or edit button
  • Bondenson2 (US1)Bondenson2 (US1) US1 Posts: 929
    edited 11.07.2015
    834412Usinegazhelp.png
  • Raggadyandi (US1)Raggadyandi (US1) US1 Posts: 99
    edited 11.07.2015
    Hiya

I can't open the event ..I click on it, but won't open..it finished the Jasmine, so then I thought it would open, but it didn't..this happen to anyone else? am I doing it wrong?
    Thanx
    Raggs
  • Gocup Farm (AU1)Gocup Farm (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,578
    edited 11.07.2015
    Hi all,

I am level 65, the boxes have come corn, barley, eggs, and corn is the fourth box. Currently packing barley. My tip is to have a crop of the next box ready to harvest before the time runs out on the current box. I had an idle two hours waiting for my Barley after the corn ran out.
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    edited 11.07.2015
    Great image of George at work, Farmer Bondenson!
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 11.07.2015
    If you packed eggs like that wouldn't they end up scrambled
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 11.07.2015
    Hiya

I can't open the event ..I click on it, but won't open..it finished the Jasmine, so then I thought it would open, but it didn't..this happen to anyone else? am I doing it wrong?
    Thanx
    Raggs

That has happened with a couple of the event vehicles lately, if you go to one of your other farms & open it there, that should unstick it. :thumbup:
    edited 11.07.2015
    Where can I find the timer of the event? How do I know when it's finished
    edited 11.07.2015
    Kaiowas wrote: »

It "appears" to be that thing at the bottom that still says 1 day, but I`m not sure why it hasn`t changed to hours yet & you don`t get an exact time when you hover on it like normal....I assume it ends tomorrow morning around the same time the update completed on Friday, but shouldn`t really ever assume anything in this game lol 8|
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 11.07.2015
    Kaiowas wrote: »

Click on the event.. Silver bar at the bottom. Approximately 1 day left...

-Y

Edit> Curse you Runs! :)
    edited 11.07.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    Curse you Runs! :)

Oooh close shave 0-cxpGqrNep8C3Rxhbu1NsfaGnw.gif Ya nearly got me that time hehe
  • BabaZeba53 (US1)BabaZeba53 (US1) US1 Posts: 37
    edited 11.07.2015
    I really like the "Hard Worker" event. It seams to work as planned, is very fun to participate in and I think even a beginner can gain all 20 level of prizes. The financial supporters of the game {gold spenders} will finish in the top five slots and win the big prize which I feel is not as good as the other deco. But without them this game would not be here, so go for it GSs. All in all, I like it and congradulate GG.
    edited 11.07.2015
    BabaZeba53 wrote: »
    I really like the "Hard Worker" event. It seams to work as planned, is very fun to participate in and I think even a beginner can gain all 20 level of prizes. The financial supporters of the game {gold spenders} will finish in the top five slots and win the big prize which I feel is not as good as the other deco. But without them this game would not be here, so go for it GSs. All in all, I like it and congradulate GG.

the 1day timer I saw , was looking for a more precise timer in hours :) there is none then I guess :)
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 11.07.2015
    Those kind of timers usually change to hours when it's under 24 hrs, so for now I'll assume it will. Would be nice if you could hover over it with the mouse though and see the hours as in some others.
  • adoptapetadoptapet Posts: 55
    edited 11.07.2015
    Hiya

Thanx
    Raggs

If you harvest the first thing that comes up, it should open the event. For example, if you were lucky enough to get eggs first, it should start the first time you collect from your chickens.
  • Nexus_Shadow2Nexus_Shadow2 Posts: 15
    edited 11.07.2015
    I'm level 56 and have had an easy run... corn-wild flowers-dandelions[update]-dandelions-milk-dandelions-milk-dandelions-milk eggs are next then dandelions again.... i finished all of the 20 prizes and currently running 5th using no gold.. it seems if you spend a lot of time playing and harvesting asap and replanting non stop all day until you go to bed like i did...(setting alarms on my cellphone to remind me when crops are ready to harvest) i wasted around 10 hours though when i went to sleep and didn't set any alarms or check when i woke up... when i went to bed i was 16th then when i woke up i was 50 something then i worked all day today now I'm 5th.... hope it ends soon so i remain in the top 5.... but i doubt it.. i will be going to bed very soon.. and I'll probably drop off the list when I'm asleep... heh i just checked I'm now 4th...very sleepy 6am on Sunday :P niblings arriving in 4-5 hours...
    hopefully the farmers above me are in my time zone and are sleeping... i might come 3rd! if i can raise the points per second.. wont last long with eggs though... only have 5 coups and 1 duck shack that will be ready in 40 mins... soooo tired... just want to win one thing.... never won anything before....and top 5 would be close enough to winning in my books...

Edit: soooooooo tired... eggs started... i wonder.. if the timer says 1 day left and it turns to hours when there is less than 24 hours to go, then if i go to sleep now.. will i have enough time to regain my place that i know i will lose when i'm asleep.... will try hold out until duck eggs are ready that should boost my points per second and every harvest until then....
  • pumpingboy (GB1)pumpingboy (GB1) Posts: 51
    edited 12.07.2015
    Has anyone noticed the huge fault ?
    When doing apples if you speed production to get it upto giving you 10 points per second the timer goes down. I had it on 3 hrs 52 mins then pushed it to get 10 points per second and the time dropped to 1 hr 45 mins.
    WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT????
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 12.07.2015
    When doing apples if you speed production to get it upto giving you 10 points per second the timer goes down. I had it on 3 hrs 52 mins then pushed it to get 10 points per second and the time dropped to 1 hr 45 mins.
    WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT????

Yes the higher the points per seconds does lower the time of harvest. Sometimes you have to use gold to keep up or goes to next item.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 12.07.2015
    WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT????

If you read the original post about the event in the updates section, it tells you right there that the machine is not in good repair and if you push it harder, you will be penalized.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 12.07.2015
    WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT????

To expand on previous two answers ......... no, it's not a bug........

It's about TETRIS type mechanics. The longer you go, the faster/harder it gets. The higher your productivity level the bigger the speed up compared to previous level. I didn't watch it closely and calculate exact percentage, but it seems that the first about 5 level-ups rougly corelate to increased productivity. While the higher you go the bigger time cut you get, (much) more than would relate to increased productivit by 1/6, 1/7 etc. The purpose is to push you so hard that you finally "lose" the game and start the new one, instead of going perpetually on L10 till the end. It seems to be different for different products, probably different for individual farm level tiers, so it might be a nice task for further investigation. Knowing the exact behaviour related to "productivity speed up / time cut" ratio would allow you to speculate as staying on lower level might actually at times give you better results then leveling up. Which purely depends on playing strategy, time spent with the game and farmer's goals.
  • Nexus_Shadow2Nexus_Shadow2 Posts: 15
    edited 12.07.2015
    i was just cheated out of a head start,,,

i had a duck coup ready to harvest (380ish eggs) waiting for the next item on the list to start,, i was currently doing cabbages the last crop i could complete was harvested and the timer on the "time until empty/next item was less than what it would take to do another crop so i left the timer to run at its current amount of points per second... (7) the next item on the conveyer belt... the next item i needed to have prepared was eggs.. i had 5 coups and a duck shack ready to harvest... i saw the funnel timer count down to 10 seconds.. saw eggs were next... closed the event window, and counted down from 15... to be safe...15-1000-14-1000-13-1000 etc.. then i clicked harvest on the duck eggs.... then changed to the main farm and clicked harvest on all 5 of my egg coups.. by the time they harvested i noticed i didn't see the event time symbol pop up... so i went into the event window....

magically the current item was corn... not eggs.... 30 seconds ago the next item was eggs then corn, now it was corn then eggs.. i just wasted a duck egg harvest.. which would have given me 300+points and raised my points per second up to level 3-4 right from the get go.. and along with my 5 coups would have given me a nice head start..

you might think this doesn't mean anything,, but i have been playing this event like a madman... i have slept very minimal the last 2 days.. i have spent the entire 2 days awake in front of my pc playing this event setting alarms on my cellphone to harvest asap for max points.. been using all my humus stores.. just to hopefully come top 5.. so for once in this game i can feel like i won something... i cant win daily challenges.. cant win horse racing... this was my one chance... a top 5 place would have been my first win...

now with 3 hours to go (its 4:46am here and ive been playing non stop for the last 14 hours) last night before i went to bed i was in 4th position... when i woke up i was 6th then watched myself slip to 8th... then spent the day clawing my way back to 6th.... no chance now.... i just lost my head start....

i wont be actively playing this event anymore... in fact I'll be taking a break from this game... before this event was started it was stated that " no matter how big your farm, how high in level you are... you could earn prizes"... i did,, but i thought this meant that it could be won by spend more time and effort in game.... but seems all free to play games are the same... micro transactions for gold = PAY 2 WIN... there is no real reward for putting time into this game... for example the first and second place farmers in my level group are almost 10 levels below me.. hard work right? until you see their farms, they have less fields, stables,orchards....less production over all than i do... but they have gold bought production enhancers, (water tower/workshop) they have gold bought fields all upgraded to high levels... and just by looking at their score (almost 250,000 points more than i do in 6th, more than 100,000 more points than the guy in 3rd place... its not hard to work out its lop sided.... once again the match is fixed for pay 2 win.. the side effect of me plying for so long this weekened is i have worked out when the elader board are asleep.. which theyhave been for the last 6-7 hours... their points arent rising.. but they are so far ahead they dont need to... they didnt get so far ahead by spending more time than me... like i said i know when they are inactive, when their points stop rising, how much production they can harvest... it all adds up to gold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file