Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update July 10th - No pain, no gain, achievements and more! - Discussion

Comments

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 10.07.2015
    So totally disappointed in this event.
    I was looking forward to being rewarded for playing the game and working my farm. But I see that the "HARD WORKER EVENT" can be bought with gold, and it is not necessary to actually work hard for it. Maybe you should have considered a different name for this event. You ruined a potentially interesting event for me by allowing a gold user to be considered harder-working than a non-gold user.

Also, I was doing well for the first hour or so, on corn, then the timer ran out before it should have. Now I have been waiting on apples for the past 2 hours. Seems unfair that some people's second slot to fill was eggs, while I am sitting here waiting for my apples for hours. Why not give everyone the same slots to fill in the same order?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 10.07.2015
    I can't see a timer either. I am waiting to harvest apples... I think maybe the timer starts when you load the first batch of that product.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 10.07.2015
    Temporary solution:

I think I found the trick. The inner clock seems to stay correct, silo hower and harvest timers get bugged. Silo timer get's adjusted to inner clock uppon openning the dialog screen.

That's where the "prematurely ended" issue seems to come from - people check hower clock, but the game goes on inside clock.

To be sure of the time remaining, just check the dialog screen timer.
    MRG12 wrote: »
    I can't see a timer either. I am waiting to harvest apples... I think maybe the timer starts when you load the first batch of that product.

When you finished one box, the next box moves into the position but starts counting (activates "mission") only with the first harvest of desired product.
  • theultimantgametheultimantgame Posts: 1
    edited 10.07.2015
    the no pain no gain wont accept my corn so I cant do that project.
  • flyshy (US1)flyshy (US1) Posts: 4
    edited 10.07.2015
    For sure don't skip from one product to the other when collecting. I did this and it did NOT say it cost gold. Well not until I ran out of gold. I wasn't paying attention to my gold and before I knew it 80k worth of gold was gone. What a rip off. They need to fix this for sure or inform people at the onset of the event.
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 10.07.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    I have no gold left to spend on it, nor would I. That said... I get free stuff by doing my farm? I don't see the down side. If you can keep the bar at 2 for 29 of the 48 hours, you will get the top prize (not the competition prize). This is not difficult, nor does it require gold. In fact, if you are a diligent daily worker, it won't even require much thought. Much like missions, only with actually prizes instead of Rep.

Now if you aren't a diligent daily worker, then yeah, you're not going to finish without actually trying. But you'll still get basically free stuff if you pay a little attention to it.

-Y

(Bold in the quote above is my edit) That helps to know. I hit the apples and got a little freaked out by the 8 hour time. Of course, the delay here is nothing to step 4 in the Here's To Nature event. I've been stuck on that step for 2 days now. All of these events have long steps that require us to wait.

I used some seaweed fertilizer on my apples to increase how much I was feeding into the NPNG machine. At first the time kept increasing as I added apples - which was really confusing. Then I passed over to the next 'productivity level' and the time decreased dramatically. Now I get it. That's why it took only a few minutes with wildflowers after I had harvested ssWF on all my fields. I had reached the ninth productivity level.

A little tricky at first, but I'm liking this. 8)
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 10.07.2015
    flyshy wrote: »
    For sure don't skip from one product to the other when collecting. I did this and it did NOT say it cost gold. Well not until I ran out of gold. I wasn't paying attention to my gold and before I knew it 80k worth of gold was gone. What a rip off. They need to fix this for sure or inform people at the onset of the event.

I agree, even though if you hover over it it says (skip for 100), every skip in the game costs gold, and every blue button is a gold buy button, it should read "Skip for Gold". Or instead of arrows on the blue button it should show the cost to skip.

-Y

Edit> That probably sounds like I'm being sarcastic at the Flyshy's expense, I'm not. I am heading off potential arguments about the ways its indicated (but not labelled) as a gold button. Even with those indications, all gold buttons should be clearly and definitively marked.
    edited 10.07.2015
    flyshy wrote: »

Anouncement clearly says that:
    Boxes with undesired goods can be skipped at any moment, using gold. The more boxes that are skipped, the higher the costs for skipping get.

The hower buble on the skip button says how much gold it costs.
    The skip button is blue as is everywhere on farm.
    Every skip on farms cost gold so it's known pattern.

What other "warning" would you expect. Is that not clear enough?

EDIT: What a "shock"! Yokoska beat me this time by the whole 3 minutes. :):):)
  • zoonapoid (US1)zoonapoid (US1) Posts: 20
    edited 10.07.2015
    this event is just another way for ggs to get people to buy more gold
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 10.07.2015
    How long is the Work In Progress going to be with US-1 Server that just went down?
  • harduphardup Posts: 125
    edited 10.07.2015
    need to keep eye on in-game announcements ;( - to launch smth before the server shuts down for another hotfix.
    Does anybody count hotfixes for the funnel machine ?
    edited 10.07.2015
    Back up! Thanks GGS nice and quick! :-)
    edited 10.07.2015
    The machine does not display now how many crop items do I need to add to go to the next productivity level.
    Is it only me ?
    Please bring it back !
    edited 10.07.2015
    Point your mouse on the gauge. It will show how many resources are left to reach the productivity level.
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 10.07.2015
    They "fixed" the timer by taking it away and other info too. :p
    edited 10.07.2015
    Why the stupid machine never asks to pack the dung ? ?(
    It could be used as the bio-fuel for horse competition transporter
    Fawners wrote: »
    Point your mouse on the gauge. It will show how many resources are left to reach the productivity level.
    thanks, I can see it

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 10.07.2015
    New display bug when harvesting... doens't show the time anymore... :)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 10.07.2015
    US1 is still not up.
    edited 10.07.2015
    Reload your browser gavinfarms. :)
    edited 10.07.2015
    I understand GGS people have Saturday and Sunday days off.
    AT lease they could add another day for Candy Farm to finish to avoid all this hectic mess with Candy closing in 2h30min in background
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 10.07.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    Artmaker, appart from a bit bugged timers, which will hopefully be fixed soon, this event is quite straightforward and can be enjoyable. But as with every new thing one needs to read the descriptions available in anouncement and then spend a bit of time checking how the event actually works before switching nto automation gaming mode. It's actually not the event which makes no sense ........... :)

Good luck :)

This event is STUPID! All it encourages people to do is NOT harvest anything until the guy asks for the right thing. It does not make farming more productive. Quite the opposite.

And here's a thought. The main reward for all the regular events, and now the island and candyland events are decor items. But to do well with production, WHERE is one to place decor? Storage? I like the decor but that means I don't have 20 cow sheds like I've seen some farms have. I have all the castles, all the asian things, all the water falls, etc etc.... I'm out of space and when I get into a mission against someone with nothing but production vs my 3-5 animal things, there is no way. Not even worth trying.

Look, bottom line on this one for me, will be just like the farm equipment thing. I earn what I earn when it happens. I dont' care about pushing to the finish line. For what? I get certs when ever. I'll get farming awards as I farm the way I always have. Probably never get past level 3.

Oh and you people complaining about apples, I have TWO farms that without any kind of notice are asking for milk. WHen I first logged on this morning the line up was corn, dandilions, and eggs. ALl of a sudden milk got called up only mine was already restarted. So SIX hours from now it will be ready. Yea the goats count. Big deal. I only have two of those. My cow sheds won't be ready for 6 hours and I wont' be playing then. Aside from the "setting free" of your trained breeding horses which was one of the dumbest things I ever saw, this one also needs some more thought put into it. Take it back to the drawing board folks. :thumbdown:

I'm done. Turning in what ever candy I have, no way I'll even make it to the second gold level. Bankrupted two of my three farms for nothing. Next time that one comes along I'll pass.
    edited 10.07.2015
    People,
    you may consider to post the information about next machine crop tasks here
    Hard-Worker-event-Tasks-amp-etc
    so we can plan accordingly and hold the crop.
    Thanks
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 10.07.2015
    Can you skip an item and still get enough to finish?
    ex. if I skip apples, can I still make all 20 levels to complete event...
    Dara15 wrote: »
    Hahaha, i found that secret achievement ;)

Great Job!
    Now tell me Please!
    I can keep a secret!!!

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    edited 10.07.2015
    rocnrobn wrote: »
    Can you skip an item and still get enough to finish?
    ex. if I skip apples, can I still make all 20 levels to complete event...

There is a blue SKIP button on machine to skip task for 100 gold (have not tried it)
    Your progress is determined by the "Score" (on top of machine), so you just need to make points up to 212k in two days
    No sweat
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 10.07.2015
    Great Job!
    Now tell me Please!
    I can keep a secret!!!

Its not that hard. You do have to be able to extrapolate the silhouettes, but otherwise, just a matter of doing a little clicking. :)

-Y
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 10.07.2015
    Great Job!
    Now tell me Please!
    I can keep a secret!!!

Check Larino's Corner if you want to know that badly ;) Our spoiler page has been updated!
  • LexiatelLexiatel Posts: 146
    edited 10.07.2015
    I don't see the point in showing three different items... when I can only collect one. I actually THOUGHT that it moved on to the next item once the timer ran out of the current one, but NOPE, of course not, so I used up special seeds for nothing.
    edited 10.07.2015
    Lexiatel wrote: »
    I don't see the point in showing three different items... when I can only collect one. I actually THOUGHT that it moved on to the next item once the timer ran out of the current one, but NOPE, of course not, so I used up special seeds for nothing.

That's exactly what the queue is for - to show you what's comming next. But it was probably messed up now by updates. Outside updates it works just like that - the full box moves on conveyor belt to the right, and the next one takes it's place.
    Artmaker wrote: »
    This event is STUPID! All it encourages people to do is NOT harvest anything until the guy asks for the right thing. It does not make farming more productive. Quite the opposite.

My point is, that just becouse you didn't do your homework and play mindlessly it does not make the event stupid. You don't like it, others do. It's actually your irracional outbursts of frustration and anger which make no sense, not the event. If you don't know how to play the game, play something more simple which suits your needs and brings you better satisfaction. :)

Good luck :)
  • ANGEL817ANGEL817 Posts: 2
    edited 10.07.2015
    Hi, can we plan ahead on this task, say at mo im on eggs, but next is corn?
  • Jaidyn.RhyanJaidyn.Rhyan Posts: 1
    edited 10.07.2015
    Hi! Does anyone have a opening in there Cooperation?:):confused:
Sign In to comment.