Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - June 9th - The Candy Farm! - Discussion

Comments

• ryune (INT1)ryune (INT1) Posts: 36
    edited 04.07.2015
    To be honest, I enjoy playing CF because of the new designs and there's not too much task that made me feel free to do what ever I want on CF, the only thing that Im dissapointed is with the payout, the payout is way too low, if this problem is fixes, Im going to play CF again

Please increase the payout 4-5 times as other suggest :)
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 04.07.2015
    Barrkley wrote: »
    My candy factory is malfunctioning. Several times now I have noticed that candy I have collected from my factory doesn't show up in the inventory, it is like I never made it in the first place. This is a sporadic thing and doesn't happen each time I make candy, but is a frequent occurrence. I haven't been keeping track so can't say specifically which candy(ies) this has been happening with. I simply know it has been happening and this morning was one of those times. And yes I am sure the factory produced the candy, it just disappears when collected.

Try the usual things like clearing caches/reloading game (CTRL+F5) in case its just a display glitch & if it does not show up after that, you will need to contact support. However, you will need more detailed info when you do that, so keep track of what is in your storage, how many of what you are making & the time you harvest them & the new total (if it changes), that way they can look at that exact time to see what is happening.
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 04.07.2015
    I'm not very high in level yet so I play all temporary farms very casually. It's impossible not to notice though that after spending roughly the same amount of cash I normally spend on island farms, I have earned significantly less in the end. Which means that once the event is over, I'll be out of seeds faster than you can say 'candy farm'. Not happy about that.

For what it's worth, I do like it. It's new, refreshingly different, cute. I've had a ton of fun just watching my alpacas eat, spit and frolic about. Yep, I'm nutty that way. ^^
    I do hope you guys show a bit more imagination and introduce more decorations in the future, it looks really silly to have a farm littered with gumball and cotton candy machines.

I don't think I'll be able to earn enough to get that lovely tournament pack but I did manage to get the first candy palace decoration. It just took too long for me to realize I can't have it both ways, lol. That's okay, I'll know better next time. :p
  • Edna d (US1)Edna d (US1) Posts: 20
    edited 04.07.2015
    Thanks guys I didn't know you can see your voucher total in the main farm inventory or the airport but I kept on trying the truck and it was not there, even after reloading. After loosing so much now I get smaller amounts from my exchange today. I had another problem last night where I collected from the candy factory and all my goods disappeared, but today it seem to work fine. ?( Thanks again guys...some glitches I guess.
  • Barrkley (US1)Barrkley (US1) Posts: 84
    edited 05.07.2015
    ok, thanks.
  • zyzzie (US1)zyzzie (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    edited 06.07.2015
    Candy farm is fun and lot's of animation, but how do you find the trader to cash in your tickets???
    edited 06.07.2015
    zyzzie wrote: »
    Candy farm is fun and lot's of animation, but how do you find the trader to cash in your tickets???

Should be parked at your main farm in a pink truck.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 06.07.2015

On the marketplace upper left to your farm... click at the pink truck.
    candytrader.png
  • harduphardup Posts: 125
    edited 07.07.2015
    It is possible to make up to 100,000 Progress Points per day.
    The Candy farm will be dismantled in less that 4 days from now.
    If you have not reached Candy Palace level 13 by now - then you will not be able to make it to the top (level-15) by the end of the allocated time without gold.
    You may consider to stop donations for the Candy Palace upgrade, and sell your sweet candies directly for vouchers - to be used for your horses training.
    take care and have fun 8)
  • Lilhurricane (US1)Lilhurricane (US1) US1 Posts: 116
    edited 07.07.2015
    Well the Candy Farm is almost over, and I believe I will be missing my alpacas! I do indeed like the CF much better than the other "Islands"
    I hope that the only changes will be better pay outs for candy and such...Please don't make it work by constant tasks, I like figuring it out for myself. I hope that all who like CF will say so.
    If you don't like it, don't play it... (I am looking forward to it if they don't change it with tasks)
    Wait for the other islands and play them..(Which I won't be)
    I will make sure I have enough seeds and give the Captain the minimum, if I run out? Well I guess the captain can make me walk the plank!
    So that is what I like and hope for! I am looking forward to getting further the next time!
    Thanks for a refreshing change!
  • Its Me (US1)Its Me (US1) US1 Posts: 266
    edited 08.07.2015
    I agree with you Lilhurricane. I love the Candy Farm and hope it isn't changed to be more like the Island Farms. IMO, the island farms are boring and I don't intend to play them, just the Candy Farm. I made it to Level 13 of the Candy Castle without using gold so i'm happy with that. I hope to finish it the next time it cycles through. I was also able to accumulate 20 Mil Vouchers towards the hard work rewards and I had fun doing it. So please GGS don't make the CF like the islands.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 08.07.2015

check your main farm
  • Maeby KnottMaeby Knott Posts: 12
    edited 09.07.2015
    How temporary is this? Is it temporary as in, it will be around for a few months, or temporary as in it is available from levels 30-35 (for example)?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 09.07.2015
    I did manage to cross the 40 Milllion voucher threshold and get the reward and the final Candy Palace deco. So for 30,000 gold and well over 300 million farm dollars and an insane amount of work, you too can reach the penultimate reward! I stopped selling things at precisely 40 Million, so if anyone is interested, my rank will be a fair guide as to how many farmers reached that goal (currently 37).
    edited 09.07.2015
    How temporary is this? Is it temporary as in, it will be around for a few months, or temporary as in it is available from levels 30-35 (for example)?

The current candy farm event ends in 37 hours & 50 mins. If you hover your cursor over the airport tower it has a timer showing how long is left. The voucher trader has his own timer & he usually stays a couple of days longer.
  • truffel01 (NL1)truffel01 (NL1) Posts: 3
    edited 09.07.2015
    I have a queqtion. It's the first time I play an Island and I was wondering : was CF a once in a year thing or will it - just like the other islands - come back in a few months ?
    Just to know if I give all my things to the boat at once, or keep some just in case.
    edited 09.07.2015
    truffel01 wrote: »
    I have a queqtion. It's the first time I play an Island and I was wondering : was CF a once in a year thing or will it - just like the other islands - come back in a few months ?
    Just to know if I give all my things to the boat at once, or keep some just in case.

Your guess is as good as anyone else's really. We have 4 diff farms now, so they could rotate them, but then 2 are winter & 2 are summer so maybe it will be back sooner & the CF is diff to the other 3, so it may come more often or they could add more and then who knows lol

The ship will continue to ask for CF fruit until you open another temporary farm, so if you have a lot of seeds you could make them last a long time. Also, it takes a couple of days to get a new farm producing a significant amount, so maybe keeping some seeds to use for the 1st couple of days when you open the next CF wouldn`t be a bad idea either.

Bottomline is that none of us can say for sure what the best plan would be, so that was really helpful eh? smiley-laughing021.gif

*Shuts up and goes back to rocking slowly in the corner*
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 09.07.2015
    Well, we can tell you that the candy farm won't stay a once-in-a-lifetime thing. That's for sure. The day of return remains a mystery for now though.

We will most likely keep a rotation of temporary farms, given the history of these events. ;)
    *Shuts up and goes back to rocking slowly in the corner*

*pulls out of corner* *pats head*
    S'allright, s'okay, you did good! Attagirl!
  • Cookiie4meCookiie4me Posts: 655
    edited 09.07.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    I did manage to cross the 40 Milllion voucher threshold and get the reward and the final Candy Palace deco. So for 30,000 gold and well over 300 million farm dollars and an insane amount of work, you too can reach the penultimate reward! I stopped selling things at precisely 40 Million, so if anyone is interested, my rank will be a fair guide as to how many farmers reached that goal (currently 37).

Thank You for this info Gavin! I hope everyone will post their final results. I too spent over 200 million farm dollars and about 20,000 gold. I completed the 2nd level of the candy palace before I decided to start selling my candy directly to earn more vouchers. I've earned 32 million vouchers and the highest ranking I reached was 59th place. I am already tearing down the farm and I currently sit in 66th place.

But even with all the expense and poor payout, I loved playing this farm. I liked the lack of side quests and the ability to choose how to set this farm up. The animations were great -- love those llamas jumping! And I have turned my flower farm PINK with all those candy houses. But unless the voucher payout is improved, I doubt I will ever go back. This was a lot of money for very little return.
  • LexiatelLexiatel Posts: 146
    edited 09.07.2015
    Cookiie4me wrote: »
    . But unless the voucher payout is improved, I doubt I will ever go back. This was a lot of money for very little return.

I'll play again, I did like it. But unless it is changed, I wont invest much into it. Maybe 500k or something.

I'll have spent 13m farm dollars (0 gold), and I'll end up with a bit under 2.5m I am very disappointed in this.

Of course, if the sugar mill had STARTED off the way it was adjusted to, I may had gotten a bit more, but not enough to warrant the amount I spent. I'd like to get 1:1 ratio, like I was able to do in the other farms.

Like I said before, taking from players is never a good thing. You will get complaints. Expect them. Look at it this way, it's like lowering the wages of your employees. You really can't expect us to be all smiley about it.
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 09.07.2015
    Ok, as it's almost over, my take.

First I have learned to NEVER expect much from new stuff here. It always comes loaded down with bugs, miscalculations and so forth. Still... the over all idea was fun. Watching the candy castle grow was pretty sweet. (lol) Mind you I don't get into exactly how much everything costs. I don't spend real money on this so "costs" are nothing but game generated money. All part of the play. I let other more math orientated people crunch numbers.

All I can see though, without doing any math, it takes forever to upgrade everything. Takes a long time to grow the crops needed. Again the sugar mill and the other thing needs to be upgraded to the max or it's not worth it.
    When you FINALLY have enough for the candy factory, I have no clue what is the best thing to make. (And looking in forums to find where someone figured that out should NOT be part of the game.)
    Every other farm shows you how much you make and what it sells for. Not the candy thing. All you get is a very confusing little arrow that seems to just trickle up even when hundreds of assorted items are saved up before clicking the deposit button. It's sort of a let down. If I knew.... say 140 chocolates will give better results than 139, I'd know to save. OR if it's worth it to pass up making one thing until I have supplies for something better. But there is not one clue given as to how much of anything is worth what. All hit or miss.
    Again, unless one comes to the forums and finds the people who have nothing else to do but crunch the numbers. (Which GG SHOULD have done before launching the thing. Always. Please go invest in some cheap calculators will ya?)

And of my three farms doing this, for some reason one still isn't bankrupted. The other two are. (I play them all the same.) And as usual, the architect shows up in the middle of this money hungry event so all that loot I was saving for big, LONG upgrades now have to wait for what ever mystery date he might show up again.
    And if by some miracle I do have enough for the architect upgrade I want, that takes SO DANGED LONG the whole candy farm upgrade plan sits on hold. WTH? If your going to do these temporary things, why not let THEIR upgrades be separate so they can run at the same time?

And after all this? What do we get for this hard work? A few pieces of decor (which I have absolutely no room left to display) a bunch of vouchers or what ever they are called for this one. Which you use to buy the special seeds. Which are used ONLY to send the boat on it's way that much sooner. Or pick up horse shoes.

Well the horse farm is a total snooze to me. Absolutely frustrating not knowing how stuff works there either. SO I just ignore it. I don't need, want, or care about the stupid horse shoes. So not a perk at all. Let the boat sit if it has to. All the money I'm going to get I get by filling only four slots with regular farm stuff. The time and work needed just to plant seeds just to send it away faster, simply isn't worth it.

So yea, it was fun working with something new. But the next time it rolls around? I seriously doubt I'll even bother.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 10.07.2015
    That's it, the candy farm has ended.
    Here's 2 non gold reports:

My us farm ends as rank 176, and have earned 21.569.336 (airbase check few minutes before time out)
    I think I have used around 200.000.000 farm dollars, and 0 gold.

candyus.pngcandyus1.png

My skn farm ends as rank 82, and have earned 24.556.504 (airbase check few minutes before time out)
    I think I have used nearly 300.000.000 farm dollars, and 0 gold.

candyskn.pngcandyskn2.png

To me it seems like I was far far away from completing the palace? :(

I have before doing all books on the island, without spending gold on it, and I'm quit sure that I never have spend so many dollars on the other islands, as I here has spend on the candy farm. ( and I never spend gold on the other islands eighter, because I'll feel it would be like throw money out of the window when a temp farm ends)
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 10.07.2015
    I finished in 25th place on the US server with about 45 million vouchers. I gave up on the Candy Palace early on and switched to just selling my candy in order to get more vouchers.

I didn't keep track of how much I spent on this farm, but I know I spent more farm dollars on this farm than any other temporary farm, and I also spent quite a bit of gold. And the return on my investment was much lower than it was with the other temporary farms.

Unless the payouts are adjusted on this farm, I will never do it again. At this point, frankly, I think the best thing about the Candy Farm was Nessie, who was really quite cute. (but hardly worth spending all that money on)
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 10.07.2015
    Goodbye Candy Farm!

I had a lot of fun playing this temp farm. I didn't keep track of how much I spent (other than many millions & no gold). I won the 2nd deco of the Candy Palace, then switched to direct selling of candy. Made 18.5 million vouchers & placed 251st. What I really love are the candy houses, funny flyer & gum ball decos on my Flower Farm. Between CF and the Easter Event, it has truely become a crazy, colorful version of it's name!

I will definately play again (hoping for some additional adjustments to the production mathematics next time) It certainly needs some additional horseshoe earning potential for the costs involved.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 10.07.2015
    I ended up 12th, with somewhere near 90.7 mil (including losing some 4 mil to do the palace at 90%). I will never spend another drop of gold on the Candy farm again, but I am pleased that after buying up the Candy Farm Hot deal the first time it came round, I haven't bought gold since. I did, however, use up a good deal of reserves in the form of Gold Licenses, and of course my inventories are about empty.

-Y
  • Solmar (US1)Solmar (US1) Posts: 72
    edited 10.07.2015
    I made 6 million vouchers and spent more than 20 million for those - I got it to level 8. At least I have 3 candy houses and a few small decorations to proudly display now but that is it. I spent about 2 hours playing per day so not too bad. But the more you build the more time you need to play to compensate for the cost of building so I probably didn't get my investment's worth.
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 10.07.2015
    46. on skn1 propably near 300 million farm$ spent, no gold. Only got about 33 million vouchers. I did stupidly donate enough to fill 12 slots of candy palace before realising there was no way I was getting to the third reward and stopped. I did wait till the end to sell the candy so I know I would've gotten about 630 points. Spend way more (like over 100 million more) than I ever have before on any temp.farm and the only time I got less was when I only did two chapters spending fraction of what I spent this time. It was a nice farm, but with these numbers I doubt I'll ever do it again.
    edited 11.07.2015
    I ran out of time to do final cashout by selling all my stuff or doing any demolition, so I was surprised to only get 3.4 million vouchers back, pretty sure I had more than that just in stored candy, so the demolition value must be almost 0 for a full farm all level 4, which is disappointing to say the least. But aside from that I liked the Candy farm, just not sure I would do it again.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 11.07.2015
    I absolutely loved the candy farm, but the payout is much, much lower than the other temporary farms. I can't exactly remember how much I spent on it, but it was quite a lot of dollars, no gold except a short speedup a few times when I started the wrong thing.
    I missed some playtime here and there, but I did play quite a lot, had a pretty big farm too. And I got to a total of about 7,5 million vouchers. On Vikings or Tropical I could get that with spending about 7 million dollars and keeping to a small farm. I went to the first level of the candy-palace and then decided to just sell my stuff.
    On the former islands, after playing as much as I did, I was easily able to buy a good stash of seeds ánd all the deco's at least once. Now I decided to not buy the 'gold' deco's, because I don't want to run out of seeds.

A friend in the coop did exactly that, made a small farm again, spending roughly 8 million dollars. For the tropical farm that was enough to get enough seeds to keep that horrid captain content till the next island. She did exactly that last tropical island, using Trippels instructions from this topic. And she had enough seeds to keep the boat sending trice a day untill the candy farm came. Now she is nowhere near the amounts of seeds needed as stated in aforementioned topic. And that while she spent more on the island this time.
  • wannago (INT1)wannago (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    edited 13.07.2015
    Now that the Candy Farm is over, here are my final thoughts. I always like having something new to do and it was great to play around with a new temp. farm. I like the new layout as well. I did finish building the candy palace but I used about 4 times the gold then on any of the other temp. farms and all of my money. The payout is just too low. It needs to be about 4 times what it is to make it about the same as the other temp. farms. You definitely can't get all 3 levels without spending a lot of gold, which you can with the other temp. farms. I didn't like not playing with tasks and I didn't like playing without knowing where you where on any given level. Knowing how much you need to accomplish for the levels I think is important to keep it interesting. I did find myself bored without these things. I kept playing for the seeds for the ship and ultimately for the horseshoes. I was a little disappointed that they didn't make use of the fair at all. I think you could have little arcade like games like you would play at a fair. It would keep people interested and make it fun. I would make these arcade like games all non gold so that everyone would have a chance to win something - silly little things like you might win at a fair.

I didn't end up with a lot of vouchers to buy the seeds so that is really disappointing. I have never had that outcome on any of the other temp. farms. Because of this I only have enough seeds to get me through a few days and that is it. I think 1 way to solve this is for you to create a general store where people can buy seeds, horseshoes and other products like that that can only be purchased by the "traders". The icon for it could be located with the icons at the bottom of the screen. The general store would be open all the time. The general store items could be purchased with gold but 1 day a week or every other week you can have a day where players can purchase it with the money earned on their permanent farms. You could, of course, put a cap on how many can be bought at one time with the money. I think this would be a way around people running short on seeds and horseshoes and other items. I have more ideas but don't really know where they should go on this forum.

As for the Candy farm, I would play again if the payout has been adjusted greatly or just play for the vouchers and not contribute to the candy palace.

Thanks for listening! :)

I really hope we start another temp. farm in the next day or so. I am pretty much out of seeds!
Sign In to comment.