Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Little newbie...

EladineEladine Posts: 5
Relative newbie at level 18....

How do I get enough dung to make enough fertilizer to run the cherry orchard???
Have 2 chicken coops
Pigs..
Cows....

And still not enough fertilizer to run the blooming cherry orchard!

Clues / hints / tips please!
Post edited by Eladine on

Comments

• wilma79 (NL1)wilma79 (NL1) Posts: 312
    edited 08.07.2015
    Update the coops and the cows and the pigs if possible. And do not concentrate on the cherry's, but on the apples. For newbies is cherry's to early. Try saving up your gold until you hav 2000. Then you can use the free goldmining license. Use it in the mine and invest in a watertower. Then you need 27 fertilizer for the cherry's (and 9 for apples)
  • EladineEladine Posts: 5
    edited 08.07.2015
    Thank you Wilma :)
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 08.07.2015
    First some theoretical information:
    If you could play nonstop in 24 hours, chickens would be the best dung deliver, next is pigs and at last the cows.
    But of course you cant play 24/7, so you have to find out what kind of animal is best to you have most of, depending how much you can and want to play: most chickens, most pigs or most cows.

The higher level your silo have, the faster it works, and a level 2 silo also takes less dung to make 10 fertilizer than a level 1 silo do.. a level 3 silo a faster and takes less than a level 2, and so on.. . in short words: upgrade your silo as soon it's possible.

If you have any thinkings about spending gold on the game, a watertower is a very good thing to have. (else do the way Wilma suggest to get the watertower)
  • nooca (INT1)nooca (INT1) Posts: 170
    edited 08.07.2015
    If you want the watertower to lower the amount of fertilizer (and feed for animals) needed and you can be patient a little longer:
    try saving up 3000 gold before you start the mine or buy it. With 3000 gold and your free gold mining licence, you'll get a task to mine gold that has 300 gold as reward. When you start the mine then, you have just enough for a level 1 watertower (mine needs 2000, watertower costs 1300). And after the mine is finished, you'll have 4000 gold: 500 to save up/spent + 3500 to continue mining (1500 to buy mining licence from Omar and 2000 to start mine).
  • Chandraprova (INT1)Chandraprova (INT1) Posts: 186
    edited 08.07.2015
    Hi I am Chandraprova and I'm in lvl 36.
    First u should not produce fertilizer for 2 to 3 days and save all your dung and later keep on producing fertilizer and when you have at least 100 fertilizer then start production in your orchards so if you use up 40 fertilizer, mean time you can produce more 40 fertilizer. So, you will always have enough to use.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 08.07.2015
    Put fertilizer on your cherries but don't harvest them until you need them for the ship. You get quite a lot from one harvest, so fertilize again, but don't harvest until you run out of what is in your storage. Same with peaches when you get to them.

You may not believe it now, but soon you will have more dung that you know what to do with. I'm a level 88 and have nearly 45,000 dung in storage. My silo (lvl 4) is run, full, 2x per day and I have to sell fertilizer to make more with 9 orchards on one farm and 4 on the GF. It's just the early stages of game play that the dung to fertilizer gives you grief.
    edited 08.07.2015
    we need to harvest cherries even though the ship doesn't want them because we need them to start production in bakery and we can also sell them to get a good amount of money to upgrade buildings.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 08.07.2015
    My advice would be to demolish the cherry orchard, make an apple instead. Now wait till you make enough fertilizer to have 60 spare every 24 hours and then build yourself a cherry again.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 08.07.2015
    Also, when you get a Gourmet farm, note that the Silo on there takes much longer to produce fertilizer but​ uses much less dung to do it.
  • LexiatelLexiatel Posts: 146
    edited 08.07.2015
    we need to harvest cherries even though the ship doesn't want them because we need them to start production in bakery and we can also sell them to get a good amount of money to upgrade buildings.

If you join a good coop, the Apple Turnovers give you a better payout when you consider time, energy, and cost. Do not always be fooled by the big numbers.

For example if you started with no ingredients in your inventory:
    A peach orchard (level 1) gives 240 peaches. You'll need 3 harvests for an order for fruit cake with cream (90 fert)

A Cherry orchard (level 1) gives 220 cherries. You'll need 4 harvests for an order of fruit cake with cream (120 fert)

An apple orchard (level 1) gives 335 apples. You'll need 2 harvests for an order of Apple Turnovers (20 fert)

Now the fruit cake with cream gives me 342,720 coins (because of the bonuses my coop gives me)

The Apple Turnovers gives me 51,520 (because of the bonuses my coop gives me)

It'll take just under 7 batches of Apple Turnovers to make the same amount of coin as the fruit cream. This will take 140 fertilizer. Where one batch of fruit cakes take 230! This is before time is even taken into consideration. Which the turnovers still come out ahead (in just production alone) because it only takes 26m to produce one batch (26 x 7 = 182m. 182 / 60 = 3.03h). In baking time, you could make 14 batches of Apple Turnovers before you can even make 1 batch of the fruit cakes.

Growing times are just as awful, really...
    You need 14h just to harvest the peaches one time
    You need 12h just to harvest the cherries one time

You'll need 48h to get enough cherries for one batch of fruit cakes
    You'll need 42h to get enough peaches for one batch of fruit cakes

If you have enough fertilizer, it is possible to collect the two together, taking only the 48h, but unless you're higher leveled, it'll be a rare event. So, say you didn't have enough fertilizer to keep those two orchards running at the same time, it'll take you 90h to collect the ingredients you need for 1 batch of Fruit cream.

You need 3h just to harvest the apples one time

You'll need 84h to collect enough apples for 7 batches of Apple Turnovers. You save 6h, 90 fertilizer, AND even make a bit more coin making 7 batches of those than you do one batch of fruit creams!

This is much more manageable and easier for low levels. You do not need to stress as much. When you get higher, and are producing more fertilizer, THEN you can work on getting ingredients for both of these dishes, making the turnovers when you are more online, and the fruit creames when you will be gone for a while.

Also note that it doesn't hurt to have a second apple orchard, and it is easier to upgrade those than the cherry fields.

Please remember, just because it is in the game, doesn't mean that you have to do it. You should do what works for YOU. If you're gone for long periods of time, set your farm up for that. (Duck coops over Chicken, Cow Sheds over Goat ones).
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 08.07.2015
    Gwendolen wrote: »
    My advice would be to demolish the cherry orchard, make an apple instead. Now wait till you make enough fertilizer to have 60 spare every 24 hours and then build yourself a cherry again.

If you demolish the cherry orchard you can never send out the ship full, so it will sit for 6 hours, with your two items waiting to go. Losing XP, money and horseshoes. In the early stages the ship doesn't take that many cherries, you can probably get 3-4 shiploads from one harvest.

Apples will get you more money, faster, to upgrade your buildings and they are much easier, in the early levels, to keep fertilized (10 vs 30).
    edited 09.07.2015
    u are right Lexiatel but i always have enough fertilizer to run both the orchards at the same time. and i always make both the dishes as i have enough time. And i guess u are quite good in Maths.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 09.07.2015
    Hey Eladine,

welcome to the forums! We're always happy to help a newbie out, so feel free to stay and grab some cookies *places*.

I'm very proud of all the extensive answers here. Cheesy? Yes! But so true. :D

Regards,
    Steffi
  • LexiatelLexiatel Posts: 146
    edited 09.07.2015
    u are right Lexiatel but i always have enough fertilizer to run both the orchards at the same time. and i always make both the dishes as i have enough time. And i guess u are quite good in Maths.

Thanks for the compliment, and I am happy to hear you are able to keep all your orchards going (I couldn't at your level :o), very good job! :)

And I am not really that good in math at all, just good at saving/making money. :D I am a farmer irl, so mmhmm.
    edited 09.07.2015
    If you demolish the cherry orchard you can never send out the ship full, so it will sit for 6 hours, with your two items waiting to go. Losing XP, money and horseshoes. In the early stages the ship doesn't take that many cherries, you can probably get 3-4 shiploads from one harvest.

Apples will get you more money, faster, to upgrade your buildings and they are much easier, in the early levels, to keep fertilized (10 vs 30).

You're quite right, I really didn't think about the boat. It was added when I was so much further along in the game I didn't even think about it!
    Even the cherry orchard was never a problem for me, it was added when I already had plenty fertilizer to spare :) I've been playing over 2,5 years now and I'm sitting on a massive pile of almost 400k poop :p
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 14.07.2015
    Chicken coops make a lot of dung, but not for someone that turns them on and leaves for several hours. Chickens are great, but only if the player is going to constantly keep harvesting. Coops and pig barns are key to my dung production. An upgrade would make more dung ^^

It all depends how often do you play. For night time, cowsheds are the best.
  • EladineEladine Posts: 5
    edited 15.07.2015
    Wow guys, I've been reading this thread over the past few days just not had any chance to respond. The advise here was spot on....and now having reached the lofty levels of 25 (! Go me!!) things are getting a little easier. The biggest difference I found was to keep on top of the chickens!

So much advice here and it all worked - except deleting the cherry orchard - i kept hold of it!

The main things I did was:-

Chickens chickens chickens. Upgraded as far as possible and had 3 coops.
    Saved up dung... (so hard to ignore Zzz's over a building tho...)
    Think I also did that packaging production quest that's just happened and I got a big load of dung that way also!

Thank you all again for your excellent advice! :D
  • Bestmenace2Bestmenace2 Posts: 179
    edited 16.07.2015
    It is 10 for apples and 30 for cherrys
    edited 16.07.2015
    Eladine wrote: »

- except deleting the cherry orchard - i kept hold of it!

It was, on hindsight bad advice too :) For a long time it worked to delete it (or build it in a later level) but since the captain was introduced, that was not good advice anymore. For me the ship came sooo much after the cherry orchard, that I didn't think of it.
    Glad you listened to better advice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file