Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - June 9th - The Candy Farm! - Discussion

Comments

• Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 25.06.2015
    rocnrobn wrote: »
    The decors from the Hot Deals should go to your main farm drop box, not the candy farm. Only the decors you buy on the candy farm will disappear.

Not at all. The decorations from said hot Deal goes to the Candy farm, it's a Candy farm Hot Deal! They will disappears when the even is over, whether or not you build them..
    it is only from the voucher vendor you can buy the candy decos for your permanent farms..

To me it makes perfect sense. If you have those decorations on your permanent farms it means you put a lot of work in to getting them..
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 26.06.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »

Do you think this is feeling of not being drawn in as much as with the other farms is simply due to the fact that there is no reminder (tasks) of what you should do next? Or is the candy palace, with it's upgrade stages, visuals and functionality just not as appealing to you as the previous systems were?

How does everybody else feel about this?

Regards,
    Steffi

I wanted to respond here as this seemed to be genuine interest in how we view the farm, but didn't get to it earlier, so now is my chance. :)

• Visually Candy is lovely. Light, positive, cheerfull. I like the visual aspect very much.
    • The idea of castle is great, just needs some finetuning, especially precise display of points needed and supplied. It's kind of demoralising not to know where we are going and how far we are with this.
    • Tasks for me present extra activity, sense of accomplishment, a break from rutine repetitive farming. I don't follow them as guidance, as they don't always work well as such. But they definitely add a sense that there's more happening on the farm, and add incentives in terms of rewards. I would surely like a lot more of them, wheather ment as guidance or just added tasks doesn't matter.

That's about it as I only play temp farms occasionally and not very hard, so can't comment too much on other aspects.
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 26.06.2015
    Mina0o wrote: »
    Not at all. The decorations from said hot Deal goes to the Candy farm, it's a Candy farm Hot Deal! They will disappears when the even is over, whether or not you build them..
    it is only from the voucher vendor you can buy the candy decos for your permanent farms..

To me it makes perfect sense. If you have those decorations on your permanent farms it means you put a lot of work in to getting them..

Learned something new today...Thanks!
  • edited 26.06.2015
    I would really like to see the amount of points that we have and that we need for each level on the Enchanting Candy Palace. Feels like I am doing it in the dark. I accumulate a number of points, add them, the line goes up a bit, but not as much as I had hoped. I never know what my next goal is. :-(
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 26.06.2015
    Yes. They need to disclose how many points we have. And they should pick one metric and stick to it. We don't need both vouchers and progress points. It is unnecessarily confusing and should be near the top of the list for fixes in the next Candy Farm.
  • Cookiie4meCookiie4me Posts: 655
    edited 26.06.2015
    quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Nafaru viewpost-right.png

Do you think this is feeling of not being drawn in as much as with the other farms is simply due to the fact that there is no reminder (tasks) of what you should do next? Or is the candy palace, with it's upgrade stages, visuals and functionality just not as appealing to you as the previous systems were?

How does everybody else feel about this?

Regards,
    Steffi

Thanks for asking Steffi.

I just finished the second level of the candy palace and got the 2nd snow globe, but I feel I don't have a chance to get the last snow globe, so I will be selling my candies for vouchers directly from now on.

I seriously doubt I will go back to this island. I love the decos & graphics, but you guys made this one just too difficult and expensive to complete. I've spent over 250 million farm dollars and around 17000 gold on this one and I know I have never spent that much before to complete island chapters --- and I won't even get this one done. So no, I wasn't drawn into this island that way I was on the other ones, because by the 2nd day I (along with many others) had done the math and figured out the drawbacks and saw this just wasn't going to work. But I need those greenhouse seeds so I kept plugging away.

And, to be honest with you, when you changed the sugar mill production times in the middle of the month I was mad. I had set my whole farm up for fruit puddings to avoid the log jam in the sugar mill. And then you changed it. And gave us 1 million sugar dollars .... as if that is enough to rearrange my farm AGAIN to take advantage of the new sugar mill production. Trust me, it wasn't.
  • skfromtx (US1)skfromtx (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 26.06.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Hey gavinfarms,

it seems like you missed the announcement for our next update? Some of your feedback has already been taken into consideration.

We're changing the sugar mill timings for level 2 onward. You will see a decrease in production times for all goods after the update, e.g. Alpaca food dropping to 01:30 per batch with a level 2 sugar mill. Subsequent updates of the mill can decrease production times further. :)

If there is more feedback in regards to how you like the candy farm, what you dislike, what you enjoy, what could be improved, feel free to share it still.

Regards,
    Steffi

I have read so much about what players are saying about the candy farm that I wonder why so many are playing it ~ if you don't like this part of the game then just don't play it!! For me it has been GREAT FUN both before and after the fix of the sugar mill. I have been able to spend more farm dollars and less gold on this temp. farm than any of the others ~ though I have spent a lot of gold at the beginning I am almost to 2nd. globe and really quit spending gold right after I got the 1st. globe and I really feel even at this late date of this island I will get very close to the end of the game or maybe even to the very end (that would be great but I have never reached the end of a island event on the first round or even come this close to the end the first time it came to the game~ GGS has most of the bugs worked out of this one and I would LOVE TO SEE IT COME BACK SOON!!!! ~ I don't care what anyone else says GGS you did good on this one ~ and I will play it over again really it was more fun than any other island and I like them all!!!! So for you that don't well go eat your soup and let the rest of us GGS FANS play the game ~ all of it ~~ Great job GGS
    edited 26.06.2015
    The dollar exchange ratio must be changed. This farm was supposed to be cheaper than the island, and yet it is substantially more expensive. I have poured over 200 million into it. If the Bank exchange ratio was 3 to 1 instead of 1.15 to 1, I would still have spent over 70 million. Would that not be enough for the first two weeks? Any notion that this affordable to all but the biggest of farms is utterly ridiculous. And GGS knows that changing the ratio for the pay booth would be a very simple change to implement.

I honestly cannot understand why they are not jumping at the opportunity to implement some new ratio. More people would get to play longer. There is no imaginable downside to that.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 26.06.2015
    The workers bubbles are better.... $20 instead of $1 & I had quite a few vouchers too. :thumbup:
    edited 26.06.2015
    When I needed over 1 million sugar dollars to start the Candy factory last night, I don't know why it didn't occur to me that clicking on bubbles was the answer. Let's see.....at 20 dollars a bubble, that's 50,000 clicks.......and if they came every 3 seconds, that is about 41.67 hours of clicking (provided that you don't miss any).....you may just have something there........
    edited 26.06.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    When I needed over 1 million sugar dollars to start the Candy factory last night, I don't know why it didn't occur to me that clicking on bubbles was the answer. Let's see.....at 20 dollars a bubble, that's 50,000 clicks.......and if they came every 3 seconds, that is about 41.67 hours of clicking (provided that you don't miss any).....you may just have something there........

There ya go!...You just wasn`t thinking straight, pay attention next time! smiley-laughing021.gif
  • BabaZeba53 (US1)BabaZeba53 (US1) US1 Posts: 37
    edited 26.06.2015
    Overall I like the mechanics of the candy farm. I like the "L" shape and everything fits with minimal wasted space. I think it is more doable for players who spend many hours a day on their farms. One or two visits a day will not cut it. As for the Candy Palace I feel the rewards may not be worth the effort. Mayhaps more decorations and less supplies would be better if the decos can be used on other farms. Also a little better payout for the progress points for the Palace would be good and when I highlite the level I am on it would be nice to see how many more I need to advance to the next level. All in all I like this system better than the Island and the Vikings but it needs some tweaking to make it better.
  • zoonapoid (US1)zoonapoid (US1) Posts: 20
    edited 26.06.2015
    I have a question about the new thing coming up, I am on this game 12 to 14 hours almost everyday. will people that just leave their computers on get the same rewards as someone who plays all day?
  • Maxie (NL1)Maxie (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1
    edited 27.06.2015
    hello i just bought an expensive cottoncandything but can not place it on the candyfarm......please make correction. it is very silly to place this on the normal farm!!!!and i needed it for minus percentages....
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 27.06.2015
    maxske wrote: »
    hello i just bought an expensive cottoncandything but can not place it on the candyfarm......please make correction. it is very silly to place this on the normal farm!!!!and i needed it for minus percentages....

If you bought it from the Voucher Trader it can only go on your Main Farms. You have to buy it on the Candy Farm in order to place it on the Candy farm. :(

-Y
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 27.06.2015
    zoonapoid wrote: »
    I have a question about the new thing coming up, I am on this game 12 to 14 hours almost everyday. will people that just leave their computers on get the same rewards as someone who plays all day?

No is the simple answer. If you play all day, like you, then you will get more rewards. From your workers bubbles and regularly harvesting and re feeding and planting. Where as if you just leave you computer on you do not collect nearly as much as a player playing all day! Make sense?
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 28.06.2015
    It probably will not make sense as zoonapoid is asking about a feature anounced on news screen. And I haven't seen any more info than that. I guess we'll have to wait for propper anouncement to know more.
  • applesharappleshar Posts: 1
    edited 28.06.2015
    hi i was just wondering why is it so expensive for me just to maintain my sugar farm? it seems that i can't even covert sugar dollars or sales of ornaments into real dollars to help me to support my main farm and my gourmet farm….
    edited 28.06.2015
    appleshar wrote: »
    hi i was just wondering why is it so expensive for me just to maintain my sugar farm? it seems that i can't even covert sugar dollars or sales of ornaments into real dollars to help me to support my main farm and my gourmet farm….

The basic purpose of the temporary farms is to convert farm dollars into vouchers (or shells or runestones) & then to trade those for seeds for your greenhouse, to supply the ship & get horseshoes for training horses. They are really aimed at high level players with lots of cash to burn & can be very draining for lower level players that are still trying to build up their main farms. The Candy farm is slightly easier for lower levels than the other temp farms, but they are all pretty tough . You can get some decos for your main farms, but thats about it.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 28.06.2015
    :) I put my 1st level candy farm decor on my main farm,then put it in storage,it been lower level decor of that size than others. Went to flower farm to put new silver sphere,could see candy farm decor in inventory,which was weird because not able normally to transfer. Placed it again on flower farm succesfully. Then put it back in storage while built sphere,then went back to see if could transfer other decors. I could not of course and after building sphere,could no longer place candy farm decor. 8) Maybe this glitch is 1 off thing
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    edited 29.06.2015
    ggs sholud increase the price money or they should do that multiply the number of vouchers by 8 or 9
    in island farm i was spendind 10cr dollars and get near by 5 cr and some lakh points but in candy i spend same amount as in island but only get 55 lakh voucher
  • edited 29.06.2015
    I love it too! I wanna keep it too! Please please?
  • ryune (INT1)ryune (INT1) Posts: 36
    edited 29.06.2015
    please increase the pay rate of vouchers, I spend a little bit over 10 million in viking farm and got like 3 million runestones, but when I spend almost 10 million, I only got over 1 million vouchers in candy farm
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 29.06.2015
    I'm very disappointed with the candy farm. You need to upgrade everything to max, you need too many houses/workers and the payout is to low. Not to mention the Sugar Mill. The other temps are less costly to complete.

This farm is set for failure...Please adjust before next time!
    Also time added this time would help due to YOUR error.
    edited 01.07.2015
    The money problem on the Candy farm is just plain ridiculous. The notion that this is supposed to be easier for smaller farms to play is absurd. GGS needs to present a reason that they allow this to continue. Changing the exchange rate for the pay booth (or island bank) would be so incredibly simple that it borders on criminal that it has not been done. It should be a minimum expectation of whichever temporary farm comes next that the bank exchange rate be moved up to at least 3 to 1.
  • PSICOLIX (BR1)PSICOLIX (BR1) Posts: 250
    edited 01.07.2015
    any word on the payout and production cost? (can any mod talk to the balancers about it)
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 01.07.2015
    I was thinking, since there is no way to judge fairly who did what.... since the Sugar Mill was more than twice and difficult for half the time... all rewards... Hardwork, and otherwise, should be doubled for this season.

-Y
  • SAUGATA4SAUGATA4 Posts: 59
    edited 01.07.2015
    Hey are we getting the time extension or not ? And what about the payouts ? Still no annoucement
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 01.07.2015
    PSICOLIX12 wrote: »
    any word on the payout and production cost? (can any mod talk to the balancers about it)

Feedback is still being forwarded and analyses are also underway.
    If anything will be changed, you'll be informed accordingly. ;)
    SAUGATA4 wrote: »
    Hey are we getting the time extension or not ? And what about the payouts ? Still no annoucement

There will be no extension of the event, SAUGATA4.
    A compensation has been given to those affected by the mill bug already and our current event planning unfortunately doesn't allow for an extension either.

Try to make the best of your remaining time on the Candy Farm, though. There is still more than a week left - plenty of time to make some more sweets for vouchers or to finish that Candy Palace stage you've been working on.
  • ~ Butterfly ~ (US1)~ Butterfly ~ (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 01.07.2015
    I was teased with a cute candy cow shed that is impossible to achieve for everyone. Spent about 300 million farm cash and we do not even want to talk about how much gold and I just do not see finishing step 4 of the hard work rewards. I will not have money to do another temp farm for a while because I will be broke by the end of this one!!!
Sign In to comment.