Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Greenhouse locked?

waznewzwaznewz Posts: 3
I am a lvl 44, and i was told that greenhouse should unlock at lvl 30, yet mine remains locked?
Post edited by waznewz on

Comments

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 03.06.2015
    waznewz wrote: »
    I am a lvl 44, and i was told that greenhouse should unlock at lvl 30, yet mine remains locked?

The greenhouse (and the bottom 2 slots in the ship) both unlock when you first activate the airport & travel to a temporary island farm.
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 03.06.2015
    But because unlocking is permanent and the farm isn't you need to carefully think if you really want to do that. Those temporary farms are very expensive and it's hard to keep the ship moving as it keeps asking for greenhouse fruits/berries even after the farm is gone.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 03.06.2015
    When Ria says expensive, think of an absolute minimum of $4,000,000 and a build slot fully occupied for a fortnight. I unlocked mine as soon as I could and regretted it all the way to lvl60. imo leave it alone till your Flower Farm is running smoothly.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 03.06.2015
    What they ^ ^ ^ ^ said. I'm at level 77 and listened to my co-op members who said not to start the islands until all three regular farms are well upgraded and producing lots of farm $$.
  • Smurf8Smurf8 Posts: 235
    edited 03.06.2015
    Nothing new to add but it can't be reiterated often enough: leave those temp farms until your regular ones are up and running. Curiosity got the better of me at level 41 and I'm still catching myself up at level 104. Other people my level who were sensible have far better farms to show for it.
    http://turtleoatsgang.weebly.com/airport.html

Edit: Ooops, silly me, I did have something to add after all: Even if you click on the Visit Island Farm event out of curiosity, your greenhouse will unlock, your boat will start demanding 2 loads of fruit and you will be poor forever more. Just in case you thought you could look but don't touch.

If you want to look at the event, use the link above or visit the Prince Manish sticky.
  • VictoriaDD7 (US1)VictoriaDD7 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    edited 03.06.2015
    I am level 69 have all three farms running.
    And I am seriously contiplating (spelling) Not opening the Candy Farm when it arrives (if it does)
    Simply because I am still not fully upgraded on all my farms.
    If you do not keep them silly bubble headed workers happy, you spend all you $$$$ trying to catch up.
    I have learned that on my Flower Farm, OMW that thing is EXPENSIVE to just operate.
    So if you do not have a good level, and that would be your choice I would leave them temp farms alone.
    Keop them bubble headed workers happy most of all and your money will roll in with both the GF and the FF. but you are going to spend mega dollars on upgrades and land.
    My next land on the FF is 9 million dollars,,,,

ANd it takes DAYS to get even close to that amount. I mean a solid week at least of just working the farms with no upgrades to anything.
    So, with all this advice, think twice
    edited 04.06.2015
    Victoria I sooo wish I had your smarts! The event farms will be there for the foreseeable future, and the faster you upgrade your other farms, the better you will enjoy them.
  • VictoriaDD7 (US1)VictoriaDD7 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    edited 04.06.2015
    Smurf8 wrote: »
    Victoria I sooo wish I had your smarts! The event farms will be there for the foreseeable future, and the faster you upgrade your other farms, the better you will enjoy them.

Well, being nosey, I found the FORUM about the 5th day of playing this game. ANd I READ and READ and READ lots of posts Smurf8
    And learned alot. That happiness thing had me stumped at first and I still wrestle with it trying to keep them bubble heads happy.
    But I was lucky, I found the posts that helped me alot. Its out there but you have to be willing to spend lots of time just reading
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 05.06.2015
    If more new players did what you've done, Victoria, there would be a lot fewer confused players. graphics-smilies-228751.gif Good work! :)
  • Juwariyah (INT1)Juwariyah (INT1) INT1 Posts: 3
    edited 06.06.2015
    So does that mean the green house is better to use after level 60 because there were no instructions instructing me of this and I was offered the Island Farm at level 30-35 and I now have not even enugh shells to buy more seeds for the green house and I cannot find out how to get more. Is the green house useless now? BTW I am now at level 42 :) Thanks
    edited 06.06.2015
    Juwariyah, the greenhouse should start asking for the new candy-themed fruit on Tuesday when the Candy Farm opens. You will have to play the Candy farm to get vouchers to exchange for seeds. I think we're all in the same boat since the start of the Candy Farm was delayed - none of us seem to have any fruit left for the boat at the moment.
  • Lizzadro (US1)Lizzadro (US1) Posts: 8
    edited 06.06.2015
    If you do the temporary Candy Farm that starts June 9th you will earn vouchers to buy seeds. The announcement says they have made it easier for lower level players to participate.
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 06.06.2015
    Lizzadro wrote: »
    If you do the temporary Candy Farm that starts June 9th you will earn vouchers to buy seeds. The announcement says they have made it easier for lower level players to participate.

There is no guarantee that the Candy Farm will start on Tuesday.. It says so clearly in the announcement:
    Please take note that this update only enables the Candy Farm to be launched at a later date, it may not appear automatically as soon as the servers are back online! Level 30 will be required to unlock the airport and set foot on the Candy Farm.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file