Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - May 21st - Friend invite and foreshadowing events - Discussion

Comments

• Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 20.05.2015
    Thanks for your kind replies Steffi!

PS you made me curious about "This is a preparation for more to come. " :):)
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 20.05.2015
    Kaiowas wrote: »
    PS you made me curious about "This is a preparation for more to come. " :):)

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 20.05.2015
    Hmmm, how about family members... and family farming...
    I have a big family, many sisters and brothers, some of them live with me. My brother had a farm, he just asked to delete it, he didn't want to play anymore.
    (Yes, we did inform GGS about 2 accounts in same family.)
    Now my sister wants to start her own farm, actually she wanted it a while ago, but i don't want anymore farms in family, 2 is enough. Now after my brothers farm has been deleted, sister can start her own.

So is it possible that i can be her mentor?????? i don't want to start a new farm, i still have a lot of work to do with my current farm.

I don't know if i have understood everything... I'd love to be her mentor and we really would like to play "together". Or does this all mean that i we both have to create a new account, in other server...( noooo, i don't want to)

Hope you understand what i mean ;)
  • cabo (INT1)cabo (INT1) Posts: 360
    edited 20.05.2015
    I am thrilled about the County Fair. I too enjoyed the easter egg hunts. It also sounds like the Fair will have some fun new elements as well.
    About this invite a friend thing--All of my friends who do not play have threatenend to disown me if I say ONE MORE WORD about Big Farm!
    I guess I will hit the streets and become a Big Farm dealer: "Hey, ya wanna play a fun farm game? I promise, it's not addictive at all!" HeeHee
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 20.05.2015
    •Once a new player registers with your invitation link, you will become best friends.
    •Best friends are bonded players that can work together for additional rewards.
    But...but...I want to be best friends with the friends I already have. cute-blue-bird-crying-smiley-emoticon.gif
    New Event: The county fair is almost here!

Sounds fun! I really liked finding the eggs hidden in the farm environment so I look forward to finding candy too!
    •Temporary farms - Island, Viking and Northern Lights farms now display a grid in construction mode, making it easier to place buildings.

YAY! Thank you!! 200811294145.gif~original
  • edited 20.05.2015
    Dara15 wrote: »
    Hmmm, how about family members... and family farming...
    I have a big family, many sisters and brothers, some of them live with me. My brother had a farm, he just asked to delete it, he didn't want to play anymore.
    (Yes, we did inform GGS about 2 accounts in same family.)
    Now my sister wants to start her own farm, actually she wanted it a while ago, but i don't want anymore farms in family, 2 is enough. Now after my brothers farm has been deleted, sister can start her own.

So is it possible that i can be her mentor?????? i don't want to start a new farm, i still have a lot of work to do with my current farm.

I don't know if i have understood everything... I'd love to be her mentor and we really would like to play "together". Or does this all mean that i we both have to create a new account, in other server...( noooo, i don't want to)

Hope you understand what i mean ;)

I heard that you can ask support for permission to have a family member start another account on your server and things. It wouldn't be double accounting that way. :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 20.05.2015
    I love that the County Fair is on it's way! As for the "invite a friend" feature, not much use for older folk like myself. Most of my friends are pushing up daisies. animated-flower-image-0085.gif
    edited 20.05.2015

Dara15, you and your sister can play together and you can be her mentor indeed. Just wait for the update to hit, generate the link, give it to her, make her create a new account on the same server and your accounts will be linked. :)

Once you're done, just make sure to let support know that there is a new family member playing, using the same IP. They might ask for proof that you live in the same building, but that is an easy thing to give. Just follow their instructions and you're good to go.
    jess_d wrote: »
    But...but...I want to be best friends with the friends I already have. cute-blue-bird-crying-smiley-emoticon.gif

D'awwww, stop making my heart melt, jess_d.

We know you'd like to become best friends with your existing friends and we're already contemplating ways to make interactions with your friends a little easier.

The mentoring program and all rewards coming with it will be limited to referral of new friends, though.

Regards,
    Steffi
  • Silly RhymeSilly Rhyme Posts: 1
    edited 20.05.2015
    Hmm..candy..really, that's nice. Friends? Hmm..really.. I hope you don't remind us daily to invite friends like some games. Please keep that on an unassuming corner, where I won't accidentally click it, and where it won't interrupt my farming. Please don't make the friends thing a spam in game. I don't like this feature, but you're the game owner, and there are those who like this new feature, so fine, just don't continually remind us to invite friends. Deal, ggs? And, I think, Dara, yes she can play together and be best friends with your current farm, as long as her farm is created AFTER the update, AND she clicked the invitation link you send from your current farm when she created that farm.
  • cedie3 (US1)cedie3 (US1) US1 Posts: 183
    edited 20.05.2015
    The word pyramid was floating around in my head too, aaabbb1. I'll not have anything to do with this. I'm all for mentoring new players and doing something positive for the game as a whole. But I'll not be used to get new players for GGS.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 20.05.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    D'awwww, stop making my heart melt, jess_d.

We know you'd like to become best friends with your existing friends and we're already contemplating ways to make interactions with your friends a little easier.

The mentoring program and all rewards coming with it will be limited to referral of new friends, though.

Regards,
    Steffi

Awesome!!

I better start looking for friends. 2009310121135.gif~original

Anyone interested in joining the US server? If so PM me. ;)
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 20.05.2015
    Does this friend invite include the mobile app? My daughter wants to join playing on her phone.
  • Katylocks (GB1)Katylocks (GB1) Posts: 21
    edited 20.05.2015
    I'm looking forward to the candy hunt and for the fair itself when it comes, but I'm really not looking forward to having something on screen showing I'm Katy-no-friends.
    My friends aren't gamers so I have no one to invite, but I would like the option of mentoring in game low level players.
  • VictoriaDD7 (US1)VictoriaDD7 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    edited 20.05.2015
    I am an old grouch
    I got friends
    They do not want to play

BUT I DO!!!!!
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 20.05.2015
    I am looking forward to the pre-country fair events and the country fair, although you up at GGS are horribly at keeping us curious!

About the friends thing, ah well. Not exited, the one friend I drew into this game reached lvl 130 today....he has been playing about as long as I do :p
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 20.05.2015
    As for mentors and helping hands on the forums, we appreciate all the work you are doing and some of you have already received a token of appreciation from us (Larino, for instance, was awarded with the community decoration quite a while back).

I'm glad to that I was thinking wrong about you about this, and I own you an apoligize for my bad thinking.
    - And like you, I feel Larino absolutly have doing a lots of good working to help other players, so I'm very glad that she have get that decoration, she really have deserved it! :) (and in my oppinion you also could have give her some gold)
    Maybe it's time for another round of thank-yous soon. We'll keep it in mind. :)

Yes, maybe that could be a good idea, also for GGS reputation :)
    Over time I have seen many other players who also have doing a good helpfull job in forum, just sad I can not remember all the best helpers names, but some of them I have not seen in long time, so I'm afraid they maybe have left the game.
    But at least there still is many helpfull players at the forum. :)
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 20.05.2015
    I dont think i'll be using the friends facility, they would never talk to me again. I would much rather have back the 3 high level players that have quit the game lately due to all the problems. Unfortunately I think the three are just the start of players leaving.
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 20.05.2015
    My friends are either in the game or have no interest in playing any game let alone a farming game, and I DO NOT do Facebook at all!!
    I do welcome the County Fair Event but will not be participating in the FRIEND'S Invitation part, not my cup of tea.
    I am still trying to get a grip on the Horse Ranch which was (and is still) complicated enough for me... this Friends invitation stuff is just another brain-consuming task for me!
    All I can say is GOOD LUCK everyone!!! HAPPY FARMING!!
  • Moonbeam11 (US1)Moonbeam11 (US1) Posts: 38
    edited 21.05.2015
    Wow!! I'm surprised no one is talking about this update. These are some major happenings purportedly coming to our farms today. If all goes as planned, that is. I'm Very Excited about the County Fair activities. Especially the chance to earn the Classic Carousel and Cotton Candy Machine! I think the 'Invite a Friend to Play' bit may need some 'tweaking' but is overall a kind of cool new feature, even though it seems a bit daunting at the moment and 'Bug Fixes' are always a welcome addition to the gaming experience.

Here's hoping it all comes off without a hitch!!

Happy Farming Folks!!
    edited 21.05.2015
    rocnrobn wrote: »
    Does this friend invite include the mobile app? My daughter wants to join playing on her phone.

Hey rocnrobn,

unfortunately we currently don't have a mobile app.

She could try playing on her phone with a browser supporting flash but usability is not 100% optimal in this case. :S
    I am an old grouch
    I got friends
    They do not want to play

BUT I DO!!!!!

<3<3<3
    Still you're with us, VictoriaDD7 and we really appreciate it!
    Katylocks wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the candy hunt and for the fair itself when it comes, but I'm really not looking forward to having something on screen showing I'm Katy-no-friends.

Nooo! Don't be Katy-no-friends!
    Here, I sent you a friend request on the forums. Be my friend! 8)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • lanabanana (GB1)lanabanana (GB1) Posts: 1
    edited 21.05.2015
    Not interested in having my real life friends join me for my 'down time'.. tooooo much effort and slightly stalkerish so cheers but no thanks
  • srdascesrdasce Posts: 22
    edited 21.05.2015
    When they will be updating " Friend invite and foreshadowing events " and can we be alerted when the server shuts down and how much time , because the mission and work on the farm?
  • WinnerSudais (INT1)WinnerSudais (INT1) Posts: 364
    edited 21.05.2015
    I dont like this ''inviting player" stuff but i like that country fair event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 21.05.2015
    Thank you steffi for answering.

Waiting for the county fair event.... Is it going to start soon? Please ;)
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 21.05.2015
    When is the update pls? :)
    edited 21.05.2015
    Kaiowas wrote: »
    When is the update pls? :)

We're still fixing an error spotted in the final test. As soon as we're done, we're gonna start the update on smaller servers and work our way up to the big ones.
    Waiting for the county fair event.... Is it going to start soon? Please ;)

We actually planned to start it relatively soon after the update. If, however, the update has to be pushed back even further we will consider starting it tomorrow instead, due to some time zone issues we could run into.
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 21.05.2015
    We're still fixing an error spotted in the final test. As soon as we're done, we're gonna start the update on smaller servers and work our way up to the big ones.

We actually planned to start it relatively soon after the update. If, however, the update has to be pushed back even further we will consider starting it tomorrow instead, due to some time zone issues we could run into.

does that mean things might work correctly from the beginning, and no update amendments throughout the day !
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 21.05.2015
    still waiting, bed time here now, hope we do not miss first day like easter event, due to time zone difference
  • j-girl18 (AU1)j-girl18 (AU1) Posts: 9
    edited 21.05.2015
    I really hope there isn't a task to "invite a friend" because that will remain on my task bar.
    Am looking forward to the new event though.
    edited 21.05.2015
    still waiting, bed time here now, hope we do not miss first day like easter event, due to time zone difference

Don't worry, it's getting a little too late for us to be starting the event right after the update today, hence we will delay the event start a bit.

To make sure that all time zones will get a chance to participate in day one of the event, it will be started at 07:00am CEST tomorrow (friday).
Sign In to comment.