Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - May 21st - Friend invite and foreshadowing events - Discussion

Comments

• rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 19.05.2015
    Why do I see a huge potential for there to be an even bigger opening for people to open multi accounts here? It just seems like there leaves a huge loophole for the game.
  • EvilfishyxEvilfishyx Posts: 9
    edited 19.05.2015
    Not likeing the spam your friends aspect, not to mention, if players want to cheat this just opens up one large can of worms. For someone to invite friends is ggs putting into place an IP counter to eliminate the cheaters? If you can guarantee the invites are going to people on other IP's versus your own IP its not so bad, even though the whole spam your friends thing removed. But if GGS isn't limiting the IP's this part of the update removed.

I'm happy about the rest of it though

Edit by PINJO: please mind your language
  • lombardy (US1)lombardy (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 19.05.2015
    We do not use Pennies in Canada anymore
  • louenda (US1)louenda (US1) Posts: 32
    edited 19.05.2015
    LOL. I feel the same way. Not Happy to do there spamming for them. If my friends were interested in this game they would be playing it already.
  • edited 19.05.2015
    So I read this update and thought, "Wow! This sounds really cool." I thought a lot of people would like this one, and then I read all these posts and it appears that I am in the minority with the people who like everything about this update. That's alright, it wouldn't be the first time.

At the start of being able to invite friends to join, all we are going to have is a URL to give to our friends. In the past I have told some of my friends about Big Farm, they seemed a little unsure about it. Now I can tell them about it again, and they can try it out and even get some extra benefits to help them out a bit.

I see everyone talking about spamming. I googled the definition of spamming and It means sending something indiscriminately and irrelevant to a large group of people.
    Which basically means, "Sending something you don't care about and that doesn't matter whatsoever and then sending it to every single person you've ever met."
    So you obviously know your friends, and you can take the time to think about them and think which ones might like this game that you obviously get enjoyment from or else you wouldn't be playing it.
    Then you can send an email, text, hand written letter, whatever and tell them about this really fun game and how if they start playing they can get some cool bonuses. You're not begging or harassing them, just telling them about this game you think they might enjoy. And if you don't want you, you don't HAVE to use this feature, like most things on Big Farm.
    I don't see at all how that could be spamming. And if you consider that spamming then wouldn't it be spamming to invite people to join your Co-op? I am just say'in.

Okay with that aside, I do agree with those saying that it will open a window of opportunity the size of a skyscraper for people to create multiple accounts, I really hope GGS has thought that through.

I also like the idea that others have had with opening it up so that we can mentor already registered players who are new to the game. My co-op already does that with new members, it would be really cool and helpful if the players we mentor could get a few more extra's along with all the advice we give them. So I do hope GGS will consider expanding the Mentor Program to something like that.

From what I read about the new event it seems like it is a pre-event to an actual County Fair. Am I correct to think that? Or did I just read it wrong? Either way, it sounds like a lot of fun. I had a great time finding all the Easter Eggs on my farm for the Easter Event, so I am looking forward to hunting for candy now.

Well I think I have covered everything, time to get back to the game.

Happy Farming Everyone!
    ~Space~
  • edited 19.05.2015
    Not liking the whole invite friend aspect at all, that's why I left the other farming games in FB. I won't use it and I won't being creating fake friends just to get the rewards either. I am happy with the friends in my co-op and that's what this new invite friends sounds like is just a different kind of co-op.

As far as the new fair event I'm excited to see that one come. I really liked the egg hunt event.
  • Smurf8Smurf8 Posts: 235
    edited 19.05.2015
    I'm with Space on this one, I think it sounds like a good idea. Some people will no doubt spam everyone they know in the hope of a few rewards but most of us will, I hope, select people who would have a real interest in the game. The county fair looks like fun but I really hope it's a pre-cursor to something a bit meatier, preferably something that utilises the Gourmet Farm.
  • gwen62 (INT1)gwen62 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27
    edited 19.05.2015
    My friends laugh at me now for playing this game , I really can see them jumping on the Big Farm wagon. I will not be taking part.
    Maybe they should do a survey on things they would like to try. Get our opinions on what direction to take the game.
    The Carnival sounds great.
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 19.05.2015
    The coupling of enticing one's friends to play, for rewards in the game be they trivial or otherwise is reprehensible.

Whats next? Level up if, and only if, a friend opens an account? One level per friend?

Well hey guess what? This game has deteriorated so badly I would not even invite an enemy.
  • shivi0234 (GB1)shivi0234 (GB1) Posts: 23
    edited 19.05.2015
    Will give my opinion in a couple of lines:-

'Friends' invites - NO THANKS!!! X(
    County Fair - SOUNDS GOOD, THANK YOU :)
  • miraclebabymiraclebaby Posts: 12
    edited 19.05.2015
    what if we already have friends playing the game? its not fair to us that have friends already playing that we will not have the same as if we harass our friends to play... all my friends are already playing that wants to play the game but it looks like we wont get the extra... I know I repeated my self but I am just trying to prove a point..
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    edited 19.05.2015
    Still no mention of fixing the error in double xp points for the flower shop. Rats. Still has not been fixed. Just went through double points not getting them again!!
  • edited 19.05.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    Uncle John and Ria, why don't you rather voice your oppinion clear and loud using all the tolerable expressives you find relevant. The game makers need to hear it. It could help them make the right decission quicker. Can't you see that they are all too often pretty much lost without players advice? Just add colour to this thread and help it come alive. :):):)

X(X(X(X(X(

I AGREE TOTALLY!!! PLEASE EVERYONE POST YOUR OPINIONS SO GGS WILL HEAR US—WELL MAYBE!!!!
    HEY SCISSORS, YOU HAVE ANY MEGAPHONES FOR US AND HEARING AIDS FOR GGS!???
    I like the Country Fair, flyer and candy hunts, I ENJOYED THE Easter Event. BUT!!!!!! THEY DID NOT EVEN ADDRESS THE PROBLEMS FROM THE EASTER HUNT!!!!! PLEASE!!!! WHEN WILL THE FAIR DAY BEGIN?? MIDNIGHT GGS TIME?? MIDNIGHT OUR SERVERTIME??? 9AM, 3PM, WHEN, WHAT TIME ZONE?? WILL THE EVENT DAY/TIMER MATCH WHEN THE ITEMS COME OUT? GEEEZZZZEEEE!!!!! AGHHHHHHH!!!!! AT THE VERY LEAST TELL US WHAT TIME AND TIME ZONE THE DAY WILL START FOR THESE EVENTS!!!!! DIDN’T YOU LISTEN TO ANYTHING THE PLAYERS HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE EASTER EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO THIS IS THE WORST UPDATE EVER!!!!! I AM FAR TOO UPSET ABOUT IT TO WRITE NOW, BUT I WILL WHEN I CALM DOWN A BIT!!!!!!!!!! REALLY GGS!!!! YOU DO NOT LISTEN TO US AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!
    YOU HAVE LOST MANY, MANY GOOD PLAYERS!!!!
    NO WONDER YOU ARE TRYING TO GET US TO RECRUIT NEW PLAYERS-WITH GOLD AND MARKET THE GAME FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO CAUSE PLAYERS TO LEAVE THE GAME!!!!!!! WAKE UP GGS AND LISTEN TOUS!!!!
    FRIEND INVITE-NOT FOR ME!!!! NO WAY!!!

FIX THE BUGS!!!!!MORE LATER!!!

angry.pngangry.pngangry.pngangry.pngangry.png
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 19.05.2015
    Urgh where to even start about this update.......will GGS be giving me a percentage of their profits or a weekly wage for going out and finding new players for them? The budget for advertising and promotion must be a little low this year :D

I'll do it for 10,000 gold per friend lol
  • Wendytsj626Girl (US1)Wendytsj626Girl (US1) US1 Posts: 190
    edited 20.05.2015
    So, GGS can't attract new players so you want us to do it for you. If I wanted a friend to join the game I think I would already invite them. Reminds me of friends who would invite me to a party - tupperware, avon, amway, etc. - because they got rewarded with free items....how'd that scheme work out? Resentment and bitterness for being used as a pawn for free stuff. If I had friends I wanted to invite, I certainly would reconsider now.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 20.05.2015
    The country fair is a great idea :thumbup: As for the friends thing I will wait and see what it is really about before I pass judgement. There are some great comments about both, mostly bad one for the friends thing, so I will let you know what I think after the launch ?(
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 20.05.2015
    Just about every business tries this marketing strategy at some point - 'your best advertisers are your existing customers' so 'bring a friend, get them to join up and earn a reward'. I don't mind Big Farm trying to bring some add'l revenue. The thing is, I've already chatted w/ all my friends & family about Big Farm. Those interested have already joined. Does this strategy actually boost new membership or is it a marketing myth? Don't know. I doubt that I'll be utilizing it. For those that do; well then, good for you.

My only real concern is the part where a 'tutor' can earn a % of the gold that their new member/'friend' buys.
    The tutor gold can not exceed 10,000 gold per day.
    My personal ethic believes that when friends & family become revenue streams, they're no longer really your friends & family. It also smells just a bit like a single tier pyramid scheme.

I know you're trying to find ways to motivate new membership, GGS. Please re-think this piece of your strategy even if you just make it a one time gold bonus (tutor) for a first time gold purchase (new member).
    All that time I have playing bigfarm, lots of players have doing mentors job here at the forum, by helping other players with both information and tips for the game. - and also some players helps no-english-speaking players in other language, and also by translating important announcement in other language than english, and also some players have make homesites where a lot of helpfull information can be found.
    Thank you Brian for the work you do. I love this game & I truly appreciate the work that you & other players have done to mentor & help newer players. As I have been helped by players, I do my best to 'pay it forward' as well - regardless of what pennies might be handed out as a new feature.

Love the idea of a new event - especially with the added feature of finding candy outside the farm - much like the Easter egg hunt. Kudos GGS - please continue to work up some add'l events. ;)

Bug fixes are always welcome. THANK YOU for adding a construction grid to the islands! That is a big help.
  • monica1230 (US1)monica1230 (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 20.05.2015
    Looking forward to country fair, hope with all these changes in one update it all works. Not looking forward to the friends stuff, in fact I feel my days playing are numbered if it works the way it sounds. I am not linking my fb or friends there to this game or invites to the game. I came here to get away from both the invites and notices there and the emails about them. I use to play games there, every time I got my acct fixed so the game stuff was not in my feed they changed it again and it all started over.

If my friends and family wanted to play this with me they would, I have talked to a few that game but far as I know they didn't come. Mentoring is part of being a in a coop, to build a strong coop you have to work together. Now you are going to take people away from coops and the mentoring there. I won't be creating a link, I won't be sending it to friends, I won't be earning pennies, I won't earn boosters for temp farms. I suspect this will create more lag and game crashing for me. I will say again I think this has started the timer to the end of my playing days.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 20.05.2015
    My friends, those who wants to play, are already playing the game. Did i got any rewards, when i told them about a game???? No..... I could use all rewards, yes, but seems that i don't have any.....
    I don't like this update. I think this is very unfair for us "older" players.

New events are always welcome, thank you about that
  • Brit773 (US1)Brit773 (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    edited 20.05.2015
    Oh my, GGS must think we are selfish, hiding Big Farm from our friends. If we had friends that wanted to play, they would most likely be playing already. This is really not fair to many, like me. I have no friends, that's why I play Big Farm. Now I will never get a Multicoloured Teepee deco. ;(

It's not that I don't like people, I just feel a whole lot better when they are not around. And this is my punishment for being anti-social. :S
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 20.05.2015
    It would be nice to friend or mentor hook up with lower level players who are already in the game, to encourage them to continue playing rather than abandon it after a few days.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 20.05.2015
    It would be nice to friend or mentor hook up with lower level players who are already in the game, to encourage them to continue playing rather than abandon it after a few days.

I agree with you Rusty. There is so many low level players who quit the game just because they don't know what to do, how to continue, how to play....
    I have been "mentoring" some low level players, and they have became good players and co'op members.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 20.05.2015
    County fair sounds awesome. Probably won't do the friend thing, but I don't see why everyone is getting upset about it, you don't have to participate in it. If you don't like it, don't do it.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 20.05.2015
    lombardy wrote: »
    We do not use Pennies in Canada anymore

LOL I loved this reference to our doomed penny!

This new update is ridiculous. Why would I bother my real friends to join this game? I enjoy seeing them and they are the reason why I don't spend 24/7 in front of my computer. Big Farm time is not worth any ounce of real face time with my friends and family. This is such a silly update. Why couldn't you do an update that allows coop members to share benefits of gold purchases, etc. Many people are suggesting mentoring lower level people. Another great idea.

I'm just hoping there isn't this huge icon on my screen that tells me I don't have any best friends in Big Farm, since I am not interested in asking my friends to join this game.

The only part of this update that is cool are the Fair-related items. It was fun searching for Easter eggs so this looks like a fun idea.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 20.05.2015

Computer-Smiley-RonaldWilsher.com_.gifHewo GGS, Crafty wants to know if you can hear her! megaphone.gif
  • ryune (INT1)ryune (INT1) Posts: 36
    edited 20.05.2015
    So many people give negative comments about this new coming update and I can see their points and I agree with some points. Well, let us wait and see what will happen

I really really like the Egg Easter event last time, especially finding the eggs, so I'm expecting the same will happen this time..paws crossed

About the bug fixes, bug fixes are always welcome
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 20.05.2015
    maxiroy2 wrote: »
    County fair sounds awesome. Probably won't do the friend thing, but I don't see why everyone is getting upset about it, you don't have to participate in it. If you don't like it, don't do it.

Well it is just the same as the easter event, but with different packaging... so for me it is just ok and more then welcome. But I was expecting something completely new (since the big annoucments and stuff ) to be thrilled about
  • Grandma Molly (US1)Grandma Molly (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    edited 20.05.2015
    I find myself both embarrassed and entertained by GGS' obvious quests for gold. Invite a friend? Nope. Never.

More searching for hidden objects? This causes both embarrassment and delight: I am embarrassed of how much I loved looking for those little eggs! Thanks GGS for listening--tho not thrilled with offer to buy hints with gold.

Bug fixes? Let's hope for the best. . .
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 20.05.2015
    maxiroy2 wrote: »

I am really sorry that you can't see why everyone is getting so upset about the new friends marketing strategy. Let me try to explain it to you.

(1) Some have expressed dissatisfaction because they have already have invited their friends. Thus they will miss out on potential rewards. There will now exisit an anti-loyalty reward. The new upgrade punishes older players. That is not very nice, now is it?

(2) Some have expressed dissatisfaction because they do not have many friends, or even no friends. Thus they will miss out on potential rewards. Their will now exist an unfair situation where a player is penalised for having less friends. That is not very nice either, now is it?

(3) Some have expressed dissatisfaction because it negates or undervalues their contribution to mentoring new players, ingame in cooperatives and here on these forums. That is not a very nice thank you from the GoodGameStudios marketing people, now is it? In fact its demoralising and downright nasty of them.

(4) Some have expressed dissatisfaction because they do not want to do GoodGameStudios marketing peoples' job for them. Perhaps they feel they are being used? That not very nice to be thought of as a pawn, now is it?

Are you beginning to see why everyone is getting so upset now?

You saying comments like, " If you don't like it, don't do it." will not really solve these issues.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 20.05.2015
    Hello helloooooo!
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    If someone from different server would give me a link and I'd click it and create another farm would I become that persons friend?

Friend invite links should redirect users to the landing page of Big Farm - with the mentor's server preselected, so they can start playing on the same server without having to think about the server selection.
    aaabbb1 wrote: »
    Speaking of that, will there be all around forum spamming because of this, or will moderators open another section in forums for "please use this link" :).

We'll have to see about that. Since forum users already have existing accounts, it won't be of much use to share those links here - unless you are all thinking about creating another account on another server that is.

However, we'll monitor the situation and react accordingly if need be. :)
    My friends do not spam me... why should I then spam my friends?
    (…)
    All that time I have playing bigfarm, lots of players have doing mentors job here at the forum, by helping other players with both information and tips for the game.
    (…)
    - but has GGS ever awarded rewards to any of all these helpful forum users for their volunteer help to other players? - I think not.

We don't expect you to spam your friends. It's all up to you how and if you would like to share those links. :p

Friend referral has been something that we've been asked about on a regular basis. Now those of you who would like to invite their friends can use this feature.

As for mentors and helping hands on the forums, we appreciate all the work you are doing and some of you have already received a token of appreciation from us (Larino, for instance, was awarded with the community decoration quite a while back).

Maybe it's time for another round of thank-yous soon. We'll keep it in mind. :)
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    Why is all that confusion here? New account on another server is still a new account, although you may be playing your old account somewhere else. You of course can create new account on another server using friendship link. And you of course cannot link your old/existing/current account (created before) to become trainee of somebody - for to link you need to create a new account using that link.

Well that's an option, yes.

Know someone on www1, but started your own account on us1 and always wanted to switch servers but didn't want to lose your progress? Well this might make switching servers a little easier if you always wanted to do it anyways. This may not apply for a lot of you, but maybe.. just maybe, this might even re-unite some players on another server. :)
    rie222 wrote: »
    Why do I see a huge potential for there to be an even bigger opening for people to open multi accounts here? It just seems like there leaves a huge loophole for the game.

We do see this risk, rie222, and we will keep monitoring the situation closely.

There are some mechanisms in place already and if need be, we will also think about others.
    From what I read about the new event it seems like it is a pre-event to an actual County Fair. Am I correct to think that? Or did I just read it wrong? Either way, it sounds like a lot of fun.

You are correct to think that. This is not the only thing you'll ever hear of the county fair. :D
    Pameow wrote: »
    Whats next? Level up if, and only if, a friend opens an account? One level per friend?

No, we don't plan to limit the game in any such way.
    We'd rather reward you for sharing the game with your friends than limit your gameplay for not sharing the game with your friends.

Sure some incentives might make you want to consider referring a friend, but there will be no game-stoppers if you don't. :)
    Computer-Smiley-RonaldWilsher.com_.gifHewo GGS, Crafty wants to know if you can hear her! megaphone.gif

HEWO! WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

We can read you clearly (our PCs are not reading your texts out loud to us, sorry) and of course follow the discussion, even without the use of megaphones.

We'll also make sure to forward all your feedback and worries.

So there is no need to make my ears ring like that.... ;(
    jules314 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping there isn't this huge icon on my screen that tells me I don't have any best friends in Big Farm, since I am not interested in asking my friends to join this game.

As mentioned before there will be a rather unobtrusive new interface element telling you about your friend count and giving information on mouseover or click.

So far I couldn't spot any flashing elements covering all areas of my farm on the test servers and the game's documentation doesn't mention any either. ;)
    Kaiowas wrote: »
    Well it is just the same as the easter event, but with different packaging... so for me it is just ok and more then welcome. But I was expecting something completely new (since the big annoucments and stuff ) to be thrilled about

Who said we were done yet?
    This is a preparation for more to come. :D

Regards,
    Steffi
Sign In to comment.