Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - May 21st - Friend invite and foreshadowing events - Discussion

Hello friends!

Our next update will offer you a whole lot of new functionalities and a new event.
Have you read the announcement yet?

Let us know what you think! 8)
Post edited by CM Nafaru on

Comments

• Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 19.05.2015
    Pre event stuff sounds nice, but the whole friend thing... Let's just say you don't really want to hear my opinion about that.
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 19.05.2015
    Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the friends thing either.. And I'm very confused with the whole "registered account" thing. It's kind of vague! Am I right in assuming that I, who have played for a while can only get friends by harassing my surroundings with invites to get people I know are not interested in the game to come and join my friends list? Oh okay, get a few bonuses too, I guess..
    Well, if I wanted to do that I would be playing another, very famous farm simulation...

As for the County Fair I'm thrilled! I loved the egg search in the Spring event so all smiles here at my keyboard!

I'm glad to see some bug fixes as well. let's hope they're here to stay!
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 19.05.2015
    Multicoloured Teepee deco clapping-smiley.gif .... *calls Rent-a-friend* phone%20call.gif
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 19.05.2015
    Wish there was a big dislike button!
    So the only way to get acces to this additional content (the pennies and stuf) is to start spamming your friends? Like those other annoying invites u get on Facebook the whole time? So Noone will ever join so I get locked out? It would be nice if i could mentor ppl who just started the game..so ingame recruitment but that's not possible right?

The event sounds ok :)

But no bugfixes for the unclickable opponents?
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 19.05.2015
    After reading the anouncement I'm left with an impression that "add friends" is not just that, but well designed valuable add-on to the game as a complex feature with a great potential to enhance gaming experience. Shame I probably won't use it at all or at least not much as I'm not ready to harrass my friends with invites.

If the whole system was available as Mentoring scheme for existing players, where high level players could take an apprentice and lead them through the game, it would have much greater value in my oppinion. But as an exclusively "new player invite" feature it has alreaady suffered a major damage to it's atractivity and popularity among players which it otherwise could have had.

Well now it's not the end of the developement and if the game makers are "listening", they can still adjust the feature to make it more "game friendly", taking the whole "harrass-all-your-friends" objection out of the way.
  • Chalaryl (US1)Chalaryl (US1) Posts: 132
    edited 19.05.2015
    Sorry, but if I had friends I'd sure not have the hours I spend on BigFarm. And if I harassed them to come play this, I'd have fewer - the BUY GOLD spam would turn off most sane people real fast. Bring on the fair!
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 19.05.2015
    I'm with Ria on both issues. (and you really, really don't want to hear my opinion!)
    edited 19.05.2015
    Uncle John and Ria, why don't you rather voice your oppinion clear and loud using all the tolerable expressives you find relevant. The game makers need to hear it. It could help them make the right decission quicker. Can't you see that they are all too often pretty much lost without players advice? Just add colour to this thread and help it come alive. :):):)
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 19.05.2015
    Absolutely have NO interest in spamming friends to play a game. It is WHY I gave up Facebook. Too soon to judge whether it will cause me to pack in this game as well.

Please. at least no bouncing purple ! over top like the airport has when the island is running. Please!
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 19.05.2015
    Kaiowas wrote: »
    It would be nice if i could mentor ppl who just started the game..so ingame recruitment but that's not possible right?

Exactly my thoughts ...

I prefer Mentor system for new players without inviting, and maybe just more "friendship pennies" for invited ones.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 19.05.2015
    I'm afraid this is a game feature I will never use. Not because I'm particularly opposed to it, but because most of my friends aren't really into gaming & those that are, already know about this game. I'm sorry that this feature won't be useful for me because some of the benefits sound appealing, particularly the airport reskin
    giving boosts to temporary farms.
    I hope there might be some other way to earn those benefits, such as mentoring new players to the game, as others here have suggested.
  • BabaZeba53 (US1)BabaZeba53 (US1) US1 Posts: 37
    edited 19.05.2015
    If I want friends I will make them in person. I play online games because there is no social interaction unless I initiate it. As long as friends are not required to advance levels I will just ignore this part of the game. Basically it is a non-event for me.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 19.05.2015
    Hey everyone,
    Mina0o wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the friends thing either.. And I'm very confused with the whole "registered account" thing. It's kind of vague! Am I right in assuming that I, who have played for a while can only get friends by harassing my surroundings with invites to get people I know are not interested in the game to come and join my friends list? Oh okay, get a few bonuses too, I guess..

Mina0o, now you have me confused with your confusion.

What exactly is it that you did not quite understand yet?

We would like you to be able to invite friends. You don't have to spam them but can generate a link for them to use.

If they register an account using this link, your accounts will be linked automatically (as long as you don't have more than 10 friends registering all at once that is) and you can use the mentor/best friend options.

Kaiowas wrote: »
    So the only way to get acces to this additional content (the pennies and stuf) is to start spamming your friends? Like those other annoying invites u get on Facebook the whole time?

(...)

But no bugfixes for the unclickable opponents?

Kaiowas, you're right and wrong at the same time. :)

Yes, the only way to access these new features is to invite friends to join the game.
    No, you don't have to spam people's timelines for it.

As mentioned above, you create a link for your friends to use. Then you can decide how to share it - in private mail, through messengers, social platforms or whatever floats your boat. You could even give them a call and dictate all the letters, but I guess that would be complicated given all the additional letters and characters in the link.

So it really is up to you if you would like to stick to a personal mail after asking your friends if they are interested or if you would rather spread the word through other, more open and general communication channels.

As for a fix for this particular bug - no news yet, sorry. :(
    Please. at least no bouncing purple ! over top like the airport has when the island is running. Please!

DuffyPoo222, the airport won't change as long as you don't have any best friends. The only change you will see will be an additional, yet rather unobtrusive new interface element at the top of your screen. It's close to the happiness meter in size and indicates how many friends you have.

Regards,
    Steffi
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 19.05.2015

Oh I so agree with you !!

The game is turning nasty, GGS looking for occasional players, make the unaware buy gold just once before they give up but then let them also call friends who will occasionally buy gold once, and so on and so forth....

The power of small numbers linked all together in a geometric progression ..

Ria_2 wrote: »
    Pre event stuff sounds nice, but the whole friend thing... Let's just say you don't really want to hear my opinion about that.
    I'm with Ria on both issues. (and you really, really don't want to hear my opinion!)
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    Uncle John and Ria, why don't you rather voice your oppinion clear and loud using all the tolerable expressives you find relevant. The game makers need to hear it. It could help them make the right decission quicker. Can't you see that they are all too often pretty much lost without players advice? Just add colour to this thread and help it come alive. :):):)
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 19.05.2015
    I pop into facebook daily and my page is full of invites from people playing online games through facebook. This is how I started playing bigfarm. I ignore them because purse can only afford 1 game. This is reason I think GGS are doing this ,more players,hopefully more gold bought for them. The insentives for me,sound like bribes. So a big fat NO from me[URL="[url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/boo.gif[/img][/url]"][/url]boo.gif
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 19.05.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    It's close to the happiness meter in size and indicates how many friends you have.

Woohoo, I will have a meter on my screen saying "Haha you sadsack, you have NO friends!!" That'll start each day off with a cheerful positive vibe!
    Will it look like this?... Dork_zpsr2yoksgd.gif
    edited 19.05.2015
    Kaiowas, you're right and wrong at the same time. :)

Yes, the only way to access these new features is to invite friends to join the game.

As mentioned above, you create a link for your friends to use. Then you can decide how to share it - in private mail, through messengers, social platforms or whatever floats your boat. You could even give them a call and dictate all the letters, but I guess that would be complicated given all the additional letters and characters in the link.

So it really is up to you if you would like to stick to a personal mail after asking your friends if they are interested or if you would rather spread the word through other, more open and general communication channels.

Regards,
    Steffi

Exactly. Spamming friends begging them to join a game to get the original player benefits and rewards. Call it what you will. It is Spamming. Not spamming timelines...spamming their twitter, e-mail, and whatever other social media outlets are out there.

Very sad, GGS, that you have resorted to this.
  • edited 19.05.2015
    Exactly. Spamming friends begging them to join a game to get the original player benefits and rewards. Call it what you will. It is Spamming. Not spamming timelines...spamming their twitter, e-mail, and whatever other social media outlets are out there.

Very sad, GGS, that you have resorted to this.

I spam people in the BigFarm to invite them to empire. Empire already launched the invite a friend update. :D

I play with both games up at the same time. It is great as something to do while you wait for the corn to be ready for harvest. Here is a link to it. My username in it is Graycat. smile.png

http://empire.goodgamestudios.com?ic...bsiteId=199947
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 19.05.2015
    Hmm,

I REALY hope you improved your "find double accounts" algorithm. Because after this......

And if each player finds (lets say) 2 friends, and each of these again 2 friends, after how many steps there be no more people to invite? Sounds like a pyramid to me. This will either die out soon or become a real "accounts mess"....

I DO like the idea of mentorship though.
    edited 19.05.2015
    aaabbb1 wrote: »
    Hmm,

I REALY hope you improved your "find double accounts" algorithm. Because after this......

And if each player finds (lets say) 2 friends, and each of these again 2 friends, after how many steps there be no more people to invite? Sounds like a pyramid to me. This will either die out soon or become a real "accounts mess"....

I DO like the idea of mentorship though.

Sounds like a good way to encourage people to start 2nd, 3rd, 4th accounts....etc. May not be allowed to have more than one account/server...but we all know people who have them.
    edited 19.05.2015
    If someone from different server would give me a link and I'd click it and create another farm would I become that persons friend?
  • edited 19.05.2015
    If someone from different server would give me a link and I'd click it and create another farm would I become that persons friend?

so in other words... could you use your own link to create another profile on another server?
    edited 19.05.2015
    No, I know I couldn't do that. But that does bring another question, does those friends have to be on the same server? I assumed so.
  • edited 19.05.2015
    [QUOTE=Ria_2;1740343]No, I know I couldn't do that. But that does bring another question, does those friends have to be on the same server? I assumed so.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure... 8)
  • VictoriaDD7 (US1)VictoriaDD7 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    edited 19.05.2015
    Sigh
    When I started Big Farm, I told all my friends on FB all about it. Thought it was awesome better than Farmville on FB which I had played often until I could no longer get it to load on my computer, Had about 7 farms, Got tired of mulit farms every day SO I quit doing Farmville on FB.
    As far as the friends on FB that I had informed about Big Farm,,, let me say this one time

NOT ONE OF MY FRIENDS LIKED MY SUGGESTION. NOT ONE OF MY FRIEND ASKED ME ABOUT BIG FARM....

So? As far as inviting Friends. I shall pass. It could be for others to use, which is their choice and great for them.

About the event!!! Bring it on!!! So looking forward to it

Awesome Idea about the Mentoring program, instead of Friends... Good idea..
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 19.05.2015
    No, I know I couldn't do that. But that does bring another question, does those friends have to be on the same server? I assumed so.

I guess so, too. I also guess that someone from another server can invite you to open another farm at his server. For example someone from us1 server can invite someone from www1 server to open another account on us1 server.

Speaking of that, will there be all around forum spamming because of this, or will moderators open another section in forums for "please use this link" :).
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 19.05.2015
    Some of the words I have to say about the "friend invite" many other plaers already have tell...
    But after have playing Bigfarm in more than 1½ year, and in all that time have read (and write) a lot here at the forum, I have long time ago have learn that the only a chance to get GGS listen (and that's ofen only a tiny chance), is if lots of players say the same thing, especially when it's critism.

So here we go:
    Try guess why I have the word nospam in my nickname? (and into my email address)
    - several of my IRL friends have the word nospam put into their email address, and also those of friends who not have nospam in their email address do not like spam.

Since I have playing bigfarm so long time, of course my friends know that I'm playing Bigfarm... but anyway none of my IRL friends playing Bigfarm - Guess why?
    My friends do not spam me... why should I then spam my friends?

I also think it's possible that the rewards can tempt some players to make a second account (especially players who have not read the game rules!)

Now when we talking about mentors (and mentor rewards)
    All that time I have playing bigfarm, lots of players have doing mentors job here at the forum, by helping other players with both information and tips for the game.
    - and also some players helps no-english-speaking players in other language, and also by translating important announcement in other language than english, and also some players have make homesites where a lot of helpfull information can be found.
    I myself are very thankful to those players who have give me a lot of usefull information and help, both here at forum and on their homesites :)
    - but has GGS ever awarded rewards to any of all these helpful forum users for their volunteer help to other players? - I think not.

But ok right should have to be right... It's always have been like that, those of us who help other players here at the forum (and with homesites) always have done that for free!
    - Because of that, we cannot await GGS should give us any kind of reward for it... and I don't think that GGS are willing to give me a reward which is nearly as much worth, as that all the thankfull messages I get from danish players for my homesite, and the number of visitors also shows me that, lots of playrs visit my site again and again... nobody visit a site more than one time, if they not find is usefull - in other words, I really happy that I have not waste my time when I make that site (and I think also other players who have make a homesite with help for the Bigfarm game have it at the same way as me)

What I want to tell with all these words about forum help and helpfull homesites is: Why should now some players (and I guess it will only be players who only have playing bigfarm a short time) get rewards for being mentors for their friends, when all us who have playing the game so long time, that if have friends who also would like to play Bigfarm, these friends already are playing Bigfarm (by introducing from their friends), and those old players have no chance for get part in this new silly "invite friend" idea.

Well... It's time for some nice word also:
    But me and my coop friend really like the easter event where we have to find eggs around the farm, so I quit sure that this new county fair event also would be funny challenging. :)

It's also sounds good with the bug fixing :)
    edited 19.05.2015

Steffi

Steffi you make it sound as if all this extensive feature was ment to be used by just a fraction of players and that occasionally only. Which I think would be wasted resources. Better get them developers tweak it a bit and open it for existing players so that it can have a good usage for majority of us. I'm sure it will not be difficult to combine both into one, and then everybody is happy. Original idea is preserved, but the feature is not drastically limited. It might take some time to reconsider and plan properly, but the feature's potential would be utilised much better this way I think.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 19.05.2015

From the announcement:
    The invitation link only works for non-registered accounts. Players with an existing account can not use their old account to use the invitation link.

It seems to like it answer answer your question with a "No".
    edited 19.05.2015
    Why is all that confusion here? New account on another server is still a new account, although you may be playing your old account somewhere else. You of course can create new account on another server using friendship link. And you of course cannot link your old/existing/current account (created before) to become trainee of somebody - for to link you need to create a new account using that link.

So answer to your question, Ria, is "yes".

As to actual server in-game inter-linking, so far every interaction within the game has always been limited to the same server. We can't see farms on different servers or do missions against players on different servers etc. So it would come natural for this feature to follow exactly the same rule.
Sign In to comment.