Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Lonely Solo Missions

Comments

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 16.04.2015
    bikeboy wrote: »
    i know a few that have worked on this theory and it does seem to work, win win win against players and you get solo's. WHEN you eventually get an opponent lose lose lose and you'll prob end up with 4 other players in next mission. Ask in your co-op, those high lvl winners get solo, the low lvls who lose, get opponents. Of course if your solo' you win, so you get a solo ! I am sure there was a post last year from GGS where it said almost the same.

This is true, if you win enough that you outclass your opponents, then you get moved up to the next difficulty level, which may have less people playing & you end up with solo missions. If you throw out a few low scores, you will drop back down to the easier level & get opponents again, but it doesn`t last long, because as soon as you beat them, up you go again.... Still, even for a couple of missions its nice to have some ops. ^^
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 16.04.2015
    If you loose points for collecting zero crop, that would only discourage people more and they would play even less missions. Surely that's not what you want.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 16.04.2015
    I don't think people need to be penalized for not participating in a mission. During the co-op championship, players would have fields planted with special corn and get a wildflower mission. Sitting out the mission was more beneficial than harvesting/wasting special corn to plant wildflowers with no chance of a win.

Following the logic up-thread, if placing lower on a mission - or harvesting 0 on a mission - gives you a better group in your next mission, it is all for the good.

I play hard in missions, finishing 2-6th most of the time and still end up with players 50+ levels above me normally. I don't use gold, only use special seeds during the championship. I'm not sure how I could 'lose' more except by not harvesting at all or only once.

That said, since the end of the championship it has taken longer to find missions...I hear the Jeopardy theme playing in the background. Hey, there's a new sound to add. :p I really think people just got burned out. I did, but I still need certificates to upgrade farm machines for next time.
  • cheshi (US1)cheshi (US1) Posts: 135
    edited 16.04.2015
    I've been in a lot of solo missions also, lately. Without the challenge, I'm only just barely motivated to play missions for the certificates to run the tractors. Before I had my tractors upgraded, I was happy playing missions two or three times a month outside the challenge, because I'm too burned out with frequent challenges.

But sometimes, if I've had ducks/cows/special seeds ready to harvest and get several solo missions in a row, I have to play missions longer than I want to get enough certificates. The missions are NOT the main focus of the game for me, so clicking the search button doesn't mean that I prepared for every kind of mission beforehand. Sometimes it is a matter of, ducks are ready to harvest, maybe I'll get an egg mission. Or I'm low on chicken feed, so may as well hope for a corn mission, and take care of two birds with one stone.

Most people have similar reasons. Being penalized for not wanting to play every kind of mission, would be petty, and would definitely turn me off missions. Aren't we already suffering enough, when we have to sit through 30 minutes of a waste of time? Especially if you have already been playing several missions in a row and still haven't gotten the mission that prompted you to play a mission to begin with.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 16.04.2015
    To some extent I agree. I have more certs than I could ever spend on my machines. And I could probably never play a mission outside of the Championship again, and never notice the loss. But I don't. I play missions all the time.

Why? Because, who knows maybe someday Certs will have another use, and what does it cost to play a mission? Usually, 1 click.

Example:
    Sign on. Click "find new mission". Check horses, island, etc. Harvest Flower farm as normal. Mission pops up. See what it is. If corn or wf, decide if you have 2 or 5 mins to spend doing a round of those. Often you may want to plant corn anyway.
    Then either plant corn or wfs as needed, or not, and harvest your farms. Waiting 2 or 5 minutes if necessary to replant. Go about your day.

Sign on later... see what 'free certs' you won (because honestly you didn't really do anything, its all but free. And click 'find mission'. Repeat as necessary.

-Y
  • Maryann57 (US1)Maryann57 (US1) Posts: 90
    edited 16.04.2015
    Putting in zero isn't a good way to drop ranking, To drop ranking just put in a few to register is the way to go. And a little birdie told me that a solo counts as a loss , that's why you get less than half of the reputation points than what you would of got with people in the mission race. Also get less than half the reputation than when people put in zero. So does that count as a loss also? GGS Can broaden the range of opponents we get in missions and the solos will not be as bad. Or let it take longer to find opponents for mission races. Then people wouldn't be putting in zero to drop their ranking. LOL Who ever heard of a game where people have to drop their rankings. That just cracks me up LMBO I do love playing Big Farm and wish GGS would fix this bug or technical problem.
  • Maryann57 (US1)Maryann57 (US1) Posts: 90
    edited 17.04.2015
    Another point I'd like to say about people putting in zero to lower ranking. Imagine this person going 3 days with all solos, (bug or tech problem). Finally they get 1 person to race with.. that person puts in zero to drop there RANKING. Well you get screwed out of reputation points again. You can also drop ranking by not doing missions at all. I say if you click the search for mission then you need to be ready to harvest for mission. That shows good sportsmanship. All I need is eggs and corn ready and I'm in a race win or lose, doesn't matter your getting rep points for ranking. So let's show good sportsmanship and RACE ON!!!!!
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    edited 18.04.2015
    Maryann 572 I agree 100% with your last letter. I don,t mind if i loose a mission,but like you said when you finaly have a opponent please play and don,t go for a 0.
    This is a game and i don,t sleep 1 minute less because i lost a mission that day.
    Be a sportsman and play that mission or don,t click on the search button

8o8)
  • Corinax4 (NL1)Corinax4 (NL1) Posts: 6
    edited 19.04.2015
    how can ik be that i have to play almost all my missions alone
    with so many people playing the game
    a few others in my coop are having the same problem
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 20.04.2015
    Maryann572 wrote: »
    Another point I'd like to say about people putting in zero to lower ranking. Imagine this person going 3 days with all solos, (bug or tech problem). Finally they get 1 person to race with.. that person puts in zero to drop there RANKING. Well you get screwed out of reputation points again. You can also drop ranking by not doing missions at all. I say if you click the search for mission then you need to be ready to harvest for mission. That shows good sportsmanship. All I need is eggs and corn ready and I'm in a race win or lose, doesn't matter your getting rep points for ranking. So let's show good sportsmanship and RACE ON!!!!!
    I dont think there will be many putting in zero crop to lower their "ranking" simply because if a person has the thought to try that, they would also know that putting in zero would mean they did not participate, so it would not be a loss. All the player has to do is not finish 1st with 100,000 eggs or wild flowers. I often use just one field to supply corn missions, so that at least I have added rather than not taking part. Not everybody can sit playing big farm 24/7 and often a phone call or a crying baby will result in a mission harvest not being collected.
  • funnyplayer7 (SKN1)funnyplayer7 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 9
    edited 28.04.2015
    I have done missions for 4 days a lot of them. Why dont i get any opponents? Only in 5 og 6 of them I got 1. Frustrating
  • cabo (INT1)cabo (INT1) Posts: 360
    edited 10.05.2015
    A member of my co-op has had nothing but solo missions since the latest challenge started. He has tried everything to stop this cycle, including not participating, waiting for a different cycle to start, clearing caches, etc. He has had a 27 solo missions in a row and is about to give up on the game. He is a very good player, and a good friend. He has written support, but of course, it will take time to get a response. Please, if anyone has ideas--or if a CM is on this weekend--We would much appreciate any help with this issue.

I'm double posting!!!
    That irritates them!
    I need to know there is someone looking out for us!
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 11.05.2015
    Hi Caroline,

Sorry, no CM here until tomorrow morning, I will bring your post to their attention for any suggestions, in the meantime, if you could get the support ticket number that would help.

Thanks
    Wabbit
    edited 11.05.2015
    Thank you so much Wabbit!!
    Here is the info you asked for:

The first is my initial request at about 11:00AM Saturday
    (Ticket#2015050910009063).
    The second is a follow-up with more detail sent about 11:39 PM Sat.
    (Ticket#2015051010002451)

The following is the message he sent yesterday (just to show you how frustrated he is)

Happy mother's Day to all the ladies.
    Unfortunately, GGS continues to have me only on solo missions (27 in a row), since the beginning of the challenge. I have issued a request for assistance/correction through the tech help email, but don't expect a reply until at least Monday (or later). I will continue to give whatever assistance I can through solo missions, but find it very frustrating and have turned off my chat. If you want to reach me, please use email.

He is also one of our top players, so the entire co-op is frustrated!
    Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Caro

Thanks again Wabbit!
    Caro
  • tracey40 (GB1)tracey40 (GB1) Posts: 113
    edited 11.05.2015
    I've had 17 solo missions in a row since yesterday evening. Other players in my co op started having the same problem at around the same time. As a result we have slipped down from first to third place in the league tables. That's hours of my life wasted. If GG don't introduce some equity/fairness into these challenges players will simply stop wasting their money and their time.
    edited 11.05.2015
    tracey40 wrote: »
    I've had 17 solo missions in a row since yesterday evening. Other players in my co op started having the same problem at around the same time. As a result we have slipped down from first to third place in the league tables. That's hours of my life wasted. If GG don't introduce some equity/fairness into these challenges players will simply stop wasting their money and their time.

We all know it is 'normal' for a player who constantly wins missions to find themselves in solo missions--That is when one must LOSE ON PURPOSE!
    This situation started from the very beginning of challenge and nothing has helped.
    Honestly, I cannot express how much this has disappointed him--and me!
  • BillijeanBillijean Posts: 4
    edited 14.05.2015
    Non challenge times I run 9/10 solos challenge time 5/10 solos. How are you supposed to achieve goals on a solo mission. Frustrating. a week long gold strike from all players may have an impact but don't see it being coordinated. Support and tech all say they are aware of the problem but it's too difficult to fix. All I am asking is proper communication and stopping these solo missions
    Post edited by Billijean on
  • Tboneporkchop (US1)Tboneporkchop (US1) Posts: 105
    edited 12.05.2015
    what are you talking about?
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 12.05.2015
    We all know it is 'normal' for a player who constantly wins missions to find themselves in solo missions--That is when one must LOSE ON PURPOSE!
    This situation started from the very beginning of challenge and nothing has helped.
    Honestly, I cannot express how much this has disappointed him--and me!

I would normally agree with you on this except that I have had a lot of big wins in the last few days and not 1 single solo. I have been getting 4 and 5 times my usual points, but still get 4 or 5 opponents. So GGS's excuse for solo's does not seem quite right for me, unless its because i am low level.
  • pumpingboy (GB1)pumpingboy (GB1) Posts: 51
    edited 12.05.2015
    Its not a challenge when you get solo after solo after solo. What is the point in it all if one keeps getting solos, one maybe out of every 15 for example but one after another. I had 7 last night- 6 this morning so now given up.
    Just an idea but why don't GG change it so if you get solo you can research again, or just think harder and change the whole thing so it works and is therefore worth gold players spending gold. After all high percentage use gold to win, oh they cry and say they don't but they do. I wont be bothering next time around as it isn't worth it is keep getting solo after solo. And this crazy idea of if you are a higher lvl in the rankings you less likely to get players in missions and end up alone, what a load of silliness (lol), that just annoys the top players who spend REAL money on a lot of gold.
    Just an idea but as this is a business for GG----SORT IT OUT PLEASE

good luck all
    And to those who cry and call others cheats because they got beat in missions,seek help
  • Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
    edited 12.05.2015
    I am running at about 50% solos, even when 3 at similar levels in our co-op are looking for missions at the same time we all end up in solos. Others in the co-op have had solos for an entire day. I wouldn't mind so much except that it is the same amount of effort for way fewer points. The points should be awarded for the effort you make not how many opponents you have.
  • Fran4 (GB1)Fran4 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 50
    edited 12.05.2015
    Totally agree with you pumpingboy, which is why we decided not to enter the challenge with any enthusiasm this time. Last challenge had 4 competitors a day if i was lucky the rest were solo, the month before had no competitors at all, several of our team players had no challengers at all for the whole 8 days.
    We got accused of cheating for using gold we had whole co-ops not collecting when in a mission with any of our members and it goes on for far too long.
    I told my co-op last month would be the last one we competed in which gave them the option to join another co-op if they really wanted to put themselves through the misery of another challenge.
    Oh and now i get messages from other co-ops saying i am being "unfair on my lower level players" who really need a maypole or a tractor !! I dont think so !!
    When you buy the gold for me and play solo after solo then you can tell me how to run my team
    Rant Over
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    edited 12.05.2015
    I'll just pop my 2p worth in; on the 1st day of the challenge, I had 50% solos, 2nd day 51%, and yesterday that shot up to 91%. 21 missions, 19 of which were solos. It's becoming soul-destroying, putting in the effort to constantly get lower points than those who have opponents in their missions, but I'll press on - if I sit out all my solos, I will gain no points for the team at all! :(

Edit; Just a point to add... yesterday, I played a wildflower mission with another member of our co-op; when it finished, we both hit "search" at the same time, and both ended up with different solo missions!

*In the voice of Homer Simpson*... It just gets worse and worse" !!
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 12.05.2015
    Emma663 wrote: »
    The points should be awarded for the effort you make not how many opponents you have.

I totally agree. We are not allowed to pick our opponents and we shouldn't be punished because the game is unable to pick anyone for us!
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 12.05.2015
    The problem is in the progamming, if the programmers can not come up with code that allows people to have less solo missions then they need different or new probgrammers to work on that aspect of the game.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 12.05.2015
    Hey everyone,

we sure know that solo missions can be a pain, especially during the cooperative challenge.

However, these solo missions should (!) not happen too often, especially during the tournament, as a lot more missions are played in that time frame.

When you notice that you're mostly facing solo missions and are not in a rush to gain every single reputation point during the challenge, try to finish a mission with only a few goods collected (you have to be considered active, though). This should already drop your matchmaking quite a bit to bring you closer to other opponents.

We know this is not an ideal solution, especially while the cooperative challenge is around, and will hence of course keep mentioning that there is still an issue with solo missions to the developers.

Regards,
    Steffi
    edited 12.05.2015
    If the solo missions should not happene to ofen during cooperative challenge, then that means GGS has a way of preventing it from happening on a reguar basis. If that is the case, then all these people posting have a very good reason to be complaining.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 12.05.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

we sure know that solo missions can be a pain, especially during the cooperative challenge.

However, these solo missions should (!) not happen too often, especially during the tournament, as a lot more missions are played in that time frame.

When you notice that you're mostly facing solo missions and are not in a rush to gain every single reputation point during the challenge, try to finish a mission with only a few goods collected (you have to be considered active, though). This should already drop your matchmaking quite a bit to bring you closer to other opponents.

Regards,
    Steffi

A couple members of the co-op I'm in do exactly that when they get a solo and they continue to get solos nearly every mission.
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    edited 12.05.2015
    A reaction to what steffi writes. I play a lot of missions and even in the solo missions like eggs or dung i harvest my chickens 3 times.
    There are a lot of players wich get a lot of solo missions after 5-8 minutes waiting.
    So the first thing GGS can do is getting the text away what says +10% extra rp-points WHEN or IF your mission starts within that 2.30 minutes.
    Well i did not have 1 mission that starts within 5 minutes after i push the search mission button.
    Maybe a tip for GGS: When the player recives a solo mission give him the change to wait another few minutes more to enter a mission with more players.
    Or when you are in a solo mission and you harvest 4000 dung GIVE that player than that 52000 rp-points wich he get when he wins a mission with 4 players or is that to much asked.
    There is nothing so frustrated than have a lot of solo missions
    After all we live in the digital age. So don,t find excuses but search for solutions for that problem please

BTW i still love the game. So i am not only criticizing but i am praising also a bit your team
    edited 12.05.2015
    I believe they have the solution and use it when they feel like it, if in coop challenge the times solo missions happen is a lot fewer, then they know how to solve it. They should be applying it all the time.
Sign In to comment.