Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Landscape Designer (Greta) - Decoration Limits

RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
edited 16.09.2017 in Most Discussed Topics
I did 2 upgrades on my Winter Stone deco & when it changed to 32 happiness it disappeared from the page of decos to be upgraded. It still shows on the page to be disassembled & is still on my farm, showing as a Level 6 deco. Reloading game makes no difference.

Is this a bug or is it only allowed to be upgraded to 32 happiness? :huh:
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 20.03.2015
    I found the same thing with both the Winter stone and the Pearl - both could be upgraded only to 32 happiness. I am wondering if there is a maximum level for all decos - I ran out of parts before I could find out.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 20.03.2015
    Thanks Pingo, that rules out a display error then.... Must be a restriction or a bug :thumbup:
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 20.03.2015
    Hey RunsWivScissors,

each decoration has an upgrade limit.

32 Happiness is the current upgrade limit for this decoration, as it reached quality 6 and would surpass this quality level with the next upgrade.

Regards,
    Steffi
    edited 20.03.2015
    Thank you Steffi! .... Aww my poor little stone maxed out after 2 upgrades, it didn`t even have a chance to get expensive hehe ^^

Good to know its not a bug.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 20.03.2015
    So 8 happiness/sq is the limit for a lvl 6? That means theoretically a 5x5 deco will cut off at 200.... Interesting.

-Y
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 26.03.2015
    Closing as resolved.

EDIT: Reopened & moved from bugs to questions.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 26.03.2015
    I'd like to know, how deco limits are working. I like those small green trees and now i have 1 with 30 happiness ;)
    Actually i was curious to know how high it goes. But i run out of dollars, i updated better decos first.
    So, how that works? How high happiness you can have with different decos?
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 26.03.2015
    Hi Steffi,

Sorry to continue something that was partially addressed in another thread but the thread in question was locked prematurely.

I would like you to elaborate on how much we can increase X deco with the Landscape Designer. I understood from your post that one cannot go beyond the next level of deco X. I think it would be extremely valuable to the community to know the range of each levl of deco:

Ex: Deco level 5 can go from 64 to 175 <=== only an example, NOT real figures.

Something like that but with REAL figures so we, as players, can have a better idea on what to spend gold, parts or game money on in order to get the best bang for our buck!

Have a great weekend and cannot wait to read you,

Cheers!

IO :)
    edited 26.03.2015
    I think, part of the fun, will be discovering those limits ourselves! Though I'm sure one of the usual crowd will start a thread about it, with people reporting in their #s until a pattern emerges.

-Y
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 27.03.2015
    Dara15 wrote: »
    I'd like to know, how deco limits are working. I like those small green trees and now i have 1 with 30 happiness ;)
    Actually i was curious to know how high it goes. But i run out of dollars, i updated better decos first.
    So, how that works? How high happiness you can have with different decos?

Hey Dara15,

you can upgrade those trees until they would surpass deco quality 6, which means that there are still maaaaaaaaaany upgrades you can make. ;)
    I would like you to elaborate on how much we can increase X deco with the Landscape Designer. I understood from your post that one cannot go beyond the next level of deco X. I think it would be extremely valuable to the community to know the range of each levl of deco:

Ex: Deco level 5 can go from 64 to 175 <=== only an example, NOT real figures.

Something like that but with REAL figures so we, as players, can have a better idea on what to spend gold, parts or game money on in order to get the best bang for our buck!

Hey Instant Ocean,

it seems like my answer was a bit misleading. Sorry.

In general you should be able to upgrade every decoration to deco quality 6. If the next upgrade would increase the deco quality to 7, no more upgrade is possible as deco quality 7 does not exist at the moment.

For the pearl decoration mentioned before, this means that only 2 upgrades were available. For lower quality decorations, this is definitely not the case.

In terms of numbers, as usual, I cannot really disclose anything - but as yakoska already said, I'm sure there will be lists covering all decorations eventually.

Besides, we've already forwarded some feedback that you'd like to see what the maximum values could be for all decorations. We'll have to wait and see what the team thinks about this idea, but they definitely know you're eager to get as much info as possible through the interface.

Regards,
    Steffi
    edited 27.03.2015
    you can upgrade those trees until they would surpass deco quality 6, which means that there are still maaaaaaaaaany upgrades you can make. ;)

Thanks for the answer. Next time when Greta comes, i'm gonna try. (if i have enough dollars or deco parts...;))
    Must say once again, that this was the best update ever in this game.
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 27.03.2015
    Let us know Dara, how many $ billions it cost you and to what happiness you got a tree to. I am just a poor UK farmer working under EU rules so I cannot afford more than 1 or 2 upgrades
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 27.03.2015
    Thx Steffi for the information in both threads. ;)

Now I have a better understanding of the system. Would still like to know the numbers, but I understand your position. Thx for relaying the request to the Dev. Team.

I also have a better understanding as to why Wabbitt closed threads so fast. I was not aware that you guys changed the way they are handled. What you explained to me makes sense. So public apologies to Wabbitt from me. Sorry mate.

Have a great weekend Steffi and be well,

IO
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 27.03.2015
    I agree with Yakoska, limit seems to be +8 happiness/per square
    and if correct then easiest to test is probably 3x3 decos i think, and they should be limited at 9x8=72 then, so 42 upgrades.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 27.03.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    I think, part of the fun, will be discovering those limits ourselves! Though I'm sure one of the usual crowd will start a thread about it, with people reporting in their #s until a pattern emerges.

-Y

Totally agree with Yakoska: big part of the fun and imo purpose of this game, is figuring out / discovering those limits ourselves!

And Wabbit: can we please, please, please see a happy avatar again?? This One doesn't suit you at all!
    edited 27.03.2015
    So public apologies to Wabbitt from me. Sorry mate.

IO

Thankyou IO, much appreciated.
    Jiesta wrote: »
    And Wabbit: can we please, please, please see a happy avatar again?? This One doesn't suit you at all!

There ya go Jiesta, happy bunneh again! ^^
    edited 27.03.2015
    Oh Wabbit, Looks much better ;)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 27.03.2015
    Awwwww..how sweet! Now back to work, Wabbit! animated-rabbit-image-0265.gif LOL
  • grrythrrn (US1)grrythrrn (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    edited 28.03.2015
    I'm wondering how high we can go with the telescope since that was a cash event. The more you paid the higher it got.
    edited 28.03.2015
    grrythrrn wrote: »
    I'm wondering how high we can go with the telescope since that was a cash event. The more you paid the higher it got.

Telescopes don`t have a level, so can`t be upgraded, they are ranked as "S" for Unique 8|
  • grrythrrn (US1)grrythrrn (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    edited 28.03.2015
    Ok asked too soon! I checked the deco again and it has a can't be upgraded or dismantled sign on it when you put curser next to the number.
  • Cookiie4meCookiie4me Posts: 655
    edited 11.05.2015
    I was able to upgrade the Pearl of Motivation (the reward from the Island farm) 2 levels with the landscape architect. I went to do more, but the pearl disappeared from the archtect's list of decos on my farm. The pearl is still sitting on my farm, but no longer listed in the architect's inventory. I have re-booted and cleared my cache. Is level 32 as high as I can take the pearl? Anyone else able to upgrade their pearls? I've had no other problems upgrading decorations, so I've used the architect before successfully.

Please let me know if you've had a similar experience. Thanks!!!
    edited 11.05.2015
    Cookiie4me wrote: »
    I was able to upgrade the Pearl of Motivation (the reward from the Island farm) 2 levels with the landscape architect. I went to do more, but the pearl disappeared from the archtect's list of decos on my farm. The pearl is still sitting on my farm, but no longer listed in the architect's inventory. I have re-booted and cleared my cache. Is level 32 as high as I can take the pearl? Anyone else able to upgrade their pearls? I've had no other problems upgrading decorations, so I've used the architect before successfully.

Please let me know if you've had a similar experience. Thanks!!!

Hi Cookiie,

32 Happiness is the limit for that particular decoration. See post #4 on this thread by Nafaru.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 11.05.2015
    hey grrythrrn, I have tried to upgrade one of the telescopes and Greta would not upgrade it nor dismantle it for me. I also can not demo the item(telescope), so I think I am, we, are stuck with it if we bought it!
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 11.05.2015
    Yep this is true - the telescope is the one item (deco) you can't demolish nor upgrade. It can't be obtained anymore, the event doesn't exist anymore. So therefore it wouldn't be fair to newbees (who can't obtain the telescope anymore). That's why the telescope is the only deco which has the colour orange (glow) over it.
  • harduphardup Posts: 125
    edited 02.09.2015
    was able to make 2 improvements up to value 32
    then it disappears from Ladscape Architect menu.
    Logoff, take it to the Store and back - does not help.
    I can see it on my main farm, but Lanscaper does not see it.
    ?(
    edited 02.09.2015
    Each Deco value (i.e. lvl 6 for the Obelisk) has a maximum Happiness per sq. All my Pearls and Obelisks have been at 32 forever. :)

-Y
  • harduphardup Posts: 125
    edited 02.09.2015
    Thanks
    so 32 / (2*2) = 8 maximum ?
    is this valid for every deco ?
  • Cookiie4meCookiie4me Posts: 655
    edited 02.09.2015
    Every deco has a maximum value. It just doesn't take too many improvements to max out a 2x2 deco. It's the same for the 2x2 candy machines; they could only be improved twice too.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I was going to upgrade gumball machine with Greta (2X2 decor) Would cost $1,115.544 or 744 gold to go from 20 to 21 happiness which seems a lot. Are her prices based on size of decor 
Sign In to comment.