Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Length & Frequency of Coop Championship

Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
edited 05.02.2018 in Suggestions
I just noticed co-op challenge is more than 8 days. It will give more co-ops a change to high rewards, but just thinking about doing missions for that long makes me feel exhausted.
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 09.05.2015
    You're right Ria, I agree.

It's a lot: regular farming, Coop Challenge, keeping a sharp eye on Omar's deals, Horse tournament, horse training and breeding, UFO event, regular coop projects, (do not forget to exchange your shells at Benny's truck!) ....... feeling a bit tired already! :S

And now, on top of all that: 8 days + 7 hrs playing non stop missions. There is no fun anymore in that. I play my daily 4 missions, as I always do and am not interested anymore in the Coop Challenge (my coop members feel the same, we just play a few missions p/day to gain some rewards for our newbees).
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 09.05.2015
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    I just noticed co-op challenge is more than 8 days. It will give more co-ops a change to high rewards, but just thinking about doing missions for that long makes me feel exhausted.

Me to I thought 6 was to long now it is 8.

UUUGGGGGG
  • edited 09.05.2015
    I noticed we have 9 days for the Co-op Championships this time on US1. I think it was 5 days in the past.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 10.05.2015
    200 hundred hours to be precise. I am guessing Mother's day has something to do with the extended time. But maybe not.

-Y
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 10.05.2015
    I felt physically drained after the last challenge & then someone said it was because it had been 8 days instead of 6, which made sense to me, because the previous ones were bad, but nowhere near as bad as that last one. Our coop also got closer to the Trophy, still didn`t get it though. If that is the intention, to make it easier to get the Trophy, then IMO they should reduce the number of RP needed, not extend the time, because 8 days & 7 hours is just TOO LONG & it also comes around too often, I am developing a real loathing for missions & even seeing that daily task pop up gives me palpitations.
    unbelieveblthumb.gif
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 10.05.2015
    I agree that it runs for too long... I just do the missions I do every day anyway. Don't even care how far we get. I've lost pretty much all interest in this event...
  • errykaerryka Posts: 29
    edited 10.05.2015
    I felt physically drained after the last challenge & then someone said it was because it had been 8 days instead of 6, which made sense to me, because the previous ones were bad, but nowhere near as bad as that last one. Our coop also got closer to the Trophy, still didn`t get it though. If that is the intention, to make it easier to get the Trophy, then IMO they should reduce the number of RP needed, not extend the time, because 8 days & 7 hours is just TOO LONG & it also comes around too often, I am developing a real loathing for missions & even seeing that daily task pop up gives me palpitations.
    unbelieveblthumb.gif

Couldn't agree more. I am physically suffering tendinitis from the last challenge. It is very painful doing missions now.
    edited 10.05.2015
    Mina0o wrote: »
    I agree that it runs for too long... I just do the missions I do every day anyway. Don't even care how far we get. I've lost pretty much all interest in this event...

If it was just for me I wouldn`t do it at all, but if other coop members want to do it, I feel obliged to take part, its like a huge guilt trip. It would be way more enjoyable if it was once every 3 months or even longer the way I feel at the moment lol..... But every 3 months would probably be bearable, once I have had time to forget the trauma. 8|
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 10.05.2015
    I agree. This one, and the last one, is too long. Way too long, and far too often. Find another special event to run between islands, not this one every time.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 10.05.2015
    If it was just for me I wouldn`t do it at all, but if other coop members want to do it, I feel obliged to take part, its like a huge guilt trip. It would be way more enjoyable if it was once every 3 months or even longer the way I feel at the moment lol..... But every 3 months would probably be bearable, once I have had time to forget the trauma. 8|
    animated-arrow-image-0062.gif

This!! Yep!! Every 3 months would be great and then a Coop Challenge of 4 days; now that would really be a challenge and make it fun again! :thumbsup:
  • edited 10.05.2015
    This is what, the 4th Co-op Challenge? I can say that after three other times I am not as excited as I was the first or second or even third time. For me the Co-op Challenge is only going to last 6 days, because the last 2 days are going to be a bust for me.

I think that if they are gonna run it for 8 days, then they shouldn't have it every month. Like every 2 or three months. And I know that if the co-op challenge was shorter and not so frequent I probably would be much more excited about it. Some different rewards would probably help to...

~Space~
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 10.05.2015
    I don't think I have anything to add other than my complete agreement!

Too long, too often, too pressurized
  • ToxicAshe (US1)ToxicAshe (US1) Posts: 7
    edited 10.05.2015
    I don't think I have anything to add other than my complete agreement!

Too long, too often, too pressurized

Agreed .. if you must have it at 8 days.. change it to every other month.. or 3 months.. give us a break already.or go back to 4 days .. this 8 days thing.. way to much with everything else in game, not to mention people's REAL lives. lol Just knowing this thing goes for 8+ days... takes any and all fun out of it.
  • Maryann57 (US1)Maryann57 (US1) Posts: 90
    edited 10.05.2015
    I agree, 8 days is too long. 6 days was too long, They need to shorten it to 4 or 5 days and I would be happy with that. Don't mind that it comes around every 6wks or so. So please GGS shorten the time for the Co-op Challenge. Happy Farming :D
  • misty0455misty0455 Posts: 9
    edited 10.05.2015
    This is way too long for challenge, should have been shortened not made longer
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 10.05.2015
    Someone said this is the 4th co-op challenge, I think its the 6th. I asked last time how long the challenge had lasted and I got a reply on here that it was " 6 days exactly " yet we all know now that it was 8 days, 8 days is just too long, even the 6 day one can seem too long. The top co-ops are getting to lvl 50 after 4 or 5 days then spending the next 3 days fighting to keep their hard earned lead. All the pop ups for "hot deals" and "prime sales" do not help, are some popping up 4 times an hour, the other twice an hour. The amount of "sales" tell us why the challenge has been lengthened , a few extra days of people buying gold to do a few more days of the challenge. I am glad that I am not trying to finish in the top ten, It is far too stressful, you cannot just not bother because you feel as though you are letting the co-op down. Once again though, GGS ruin parts of the game through their greed. We should have just one, two maximum, "event" on besides the farming, not the farms, island, wheel of fortune, alien event , co-op challenge and possibly the architect all at the same time.
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 10.05.2015
    But maybe all the big coops should leave the challenge and let one of the smaller coops win the challenge.... I mean what can u do with 4 or 5 cherries fields :)

PS: Maybe making subgroups according to size is a good idea?
    edited 10.05.2015
    you could make a lot of cherry pies. I agree, the co-ops with players around lvl 40 -50 get a few thousand rep points per mission, the big boys , and girls, are getting 50 - 60,000 easy, and of course the 250% boost is mush better for the big hitters.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 10.05.2015
    Well our co-op just does the missions when we can and I imagine someday we will get to the end and get a trophy. I just don't think we are in any rush to do it, as you do get prizes along the way. Most of us play missions while doing our farming during the challenge but I am certainly not going to stress out about it. If we finish that is great, if not there is next time.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 11.05.2015
    Kaiowas wrote: »
    But maybe all the big coops should leave the challenge and let one of the smaller coops win the challenge.... I mean what can u do with 4 or 5 cherries fields :)

PS: Maybe making subgroups according to size is a good idea?

I like the idea of league tables Also winners on each server playing each other to find World wide Universal coop but the different times zones would make that impossible
  • edited 11.05.2015
    bikeboy wrote: »
    Someone said this is the 4th co-op challenge, I think its the 6th.

Bikeboy, I think you are correct. I believe this is the 4th Co-op Challenge with the Rankings and stuff. And before that there was at least one, if not two co-op challenges. So yeah this is more like the 5th or 6th Co-op Challenge. No wonder it is starting to get old...
    edited 11.05.2015
    The Co-Op challenge, for 6 days, once a month is just about bearable, but the "special event" stuff that is popping up that much, was it last month that a new event started about 2 hours after the last one finished. I have started to ignore some events, so that i can concentrate on the farms. We all know the islands use up our money, i am trying to get $3 million for some land before the next island takes it all. This co-op challenge is annoying due to the "sales" that GGS are throwing at us, it seems that when I change farms another pop up appears. So the next time I have to refresh, as GGS tell us to, I think the computer can stay off for a while. It used to be a steady and fun game, but now ..........
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 11.05.2015

Not only the challenge lasts longer, nearly 9 days, it is also more expensive, with both cash and gold boosters being quite more expensive than they were last time

This makes the gap between large coops and small coops even bigger, and even tho some coops might not every time bother to play the challenge most do.

We will take a vote next to see if to participate again or not as a group. Personally I don't like the idea of being tied to a never ending pseudo tournament which spans over 2 weekends, I definitely need my weekends

IMO the coop mission challenge should:

- last 4-5 five days max

- require less reps to get to the trophy

- should need a given % more or less according to the number of people in the - coop, so that the gap between large and small coops is more reasonable

- should not be repeated every month

- should have better prizes, prizes should vary a little from one edition to the next, the ones we have had since the beginning are really laughable

One most important problem:

the challenge is plagued with very high percentages of solo missions. People spend to buy personal rep boosters. Coops spend to buy the collective boosters to actually play missions while challenging others and not to play missions on their own

A problem of this dimension hardly deserves to be rewarded with a 20% increase in boosters prices, the founder and co-founder and managing director are getting quite off center here

edited 11.05.2015
    PCA wrote: »

Not only the challenge lasts longer, nearly 9 days, it is also more expensive, with both cash and gold boosters being quite more expensive than they were last time

Are you sure? The hourly cash booster is $29900 per member, which is the same as it was last time. I don`t know about gold ones, we can`t afford them lol

Do you maybe just have more members?
    edited 11.05.2015
    Are you sure? The hourly cash booster is $29900 per member, which is the same as it was last time. I don`t know about gold ones, we can`t afford them lol

Do you maybe just have more members?

Hi Runs :)

yes we have more players, and we did not know it's on a per member basis. Just noticed last time the cost of a booster was around 5 million farm cash / 3 hour 20 min and now is over 6 million

If you are correct good to know ! It makes GGS appear slightly less greedy. We do not buy gold boosters either, they are ridiculously expensive

edited 11.05.2015
    PCA wrote: »

Hi Runs :)

yes we have more players, and we did not know it's on a per member basis. Just noticed last time the cost of a booster was around 5 million farm cash / 3 hour 20 min and now is over 6 million

If you are correct good to know ! It makes GGS appear slightly less greedy. We do not buy gold boosters either, they are ridiculously expensive

Start of the challenge is cue to clear our inactive players lol...Can`t afford to be paying for them too, but we do take them back if they become active again later. ^^
    edited 11.05.2015

Aside from the increased cost of boosters, which seems cleared, I think the other issues I mentioned in my first message need to be addressed, the coop mission challenge needs quite a lot of refurbishing

• rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 11.05.2015
    this is #6..coop challenge..we have 6cups....So we are on #6.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 11.05.2015
    rie222 wrote: »
    this is #6..coop challenge..we have 6cups....So we are on #6.

Yeah, rub it in :p
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 11.05.2015
    Gwendolen wrote: »
    Yeah, rub it in :p

lmao Gwendolen!!! I wasn't trying to I swear! lol!
Sign In to comment.