Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestions: Ten of Them

Ideality2Ideality2 Posts: 6
edited 04.05.2015 in Suggestions
I am not sure if many of these suggestions have been made already, but I decided to post a small list of changes to the game that could be useful. I haven’t been playing for very long, so I apologize if any of these suggestions are repeated so often that they are now found an annoyance to reread.

I’ll first post a list of the suggestions and then explain each one further in depth with images.
*Please excuse the crappy images. I can only manage to tweak the images a bit. I am not a graphic designer.
I am aware that in some forums page stretching is frowned upon. Granted this is quite a list and a lot of thought was put into it so there is a bit of stretching, but I also couldn’t find where the forum rules were located. It may be a good idea to keep a list of those in plain view in the future – oh look another suggestion! No one likes to play “Let’s Find the Rules” scavenger hunts. At least I don’t. Hopefully, I am not breaking any of them.

(Probably did more than necessary and wasted a bunch of time, but I have no life, so why not? LOL)
-These are in no specific order-
1. Farm Management Search Bar
2. Removed
3. Turn Off, Reject or Store/Hide Repeat Tasks
3. Reject or Store/Hide Island and Event Tasks Case by Case
4. Ability to Disable/Hide Floating Notices
5. Removed
6. Ability to Render Decos & Buildings Transparent Interchangeably
7. Temporary Building Storage for Easier Maneuvering
8. More Cooperative Settings
9. Already Suggested -> “Twice the Experience Points”
10. Removed

Farm Management Search Bar
Being able to search for specific items within farm management would be very useful. There are many pages and sometimes going through them all just to find what I need and what I have is quite tedious.
BFSearchBar

Turn off, Reject or Store/Hide Repeat Tasks
Reject or Store/Hide Island and Event Tasks Case by Case

BFRejectButton
When it comes to repeat tasks or event tasks it would be much better to be able to hide them if you plan not to do them or to just outright reject them that time around for a new one to take its place. I enjoy completing tasks, but I honestly dislike how there’s repeat after repeat when I’m busy doing other things. It would be easy to just ignore them, but I also like the thought of being able to just not have them crowding up my task bar. When it comes to event tasks and the island tasks, having the ability to reject them case by case is rather useful. Sure, I plan to do them from time to time, but not every time they pop up. Being able to reject one for the duration of the event until the next time it pops up would be a nice feature.
*Notice instead of having the green button say close, which you can easily do by pressing the X in the upper right hand corner, it has a different action now. This would only be available to repeat, event and island tasks.
BFStoreHideButton

Ability to Disable/Hide Floating Notices
BFZZNoticeBFMoneyBagNoticeBF-Notice
This seems pretty self-explanatory with the images attached, but I’ll clarify a bit anyway. If there was a setting to allow users to hide or remove the floating notices scattered around the farm it would make tending to buildings that are closer together much easier. I generally keep a good mental note of which buildings are running and which aren’t and there are other indicators for when a building is finished processing (with the exception of the silo & nursery). Still, I would find it more useful to have them removed than to have to fight to click on a specific building or completely rearrange my farm every time I add something to it.
*This feature can be added to the settings bar BFSettingsButtons

Ability to Render Decos & Buildings Transparent Interchangeably
It’s pretty commonly found in other games where arranging structures is a feature. Usually the feature is only activated when arranging buildings, but I think it would be better to allow for this feature to be accessible whether the editor is activated or not. Being able to render decos transparent would make keeping track of the working buildings between the assorted decos simpler. It would also make for a cleaner appearance as well appeal to those with aesthetic intentions for their farm organization. Equally so, being able to make the buildings transparent allows the user to see where each deco is more easily since some of them can be quite small in size and difficult to see. There is a use with and without the editor being activated.
BFDecoTransparentBFBuildingTransparent
*This feature can be added to the settings bar BFSettingsButtons

Temporary Building Storage for Easier Maneuvering
BFStorageButton
I do recall seeing this one posted around here somewhere and I quite liked the idea, but it does seem to be something that would be rather difficult to push out as a feature. It would be best if the storage only allowed for animal pens, orchards and fields. Those specific structures take up the most space and are generally left idle more often than others. Placing a building within storage should only be used when editing your farm and therefore would not free up any workers. Ultimately, building any new structure should be disabled when buildings are still stored within this temporary hold.
BFBuildingStorage

More Cooperative Settings
*I don’t have a nice image for this one.
It would be very much appreciated to add this feature to the cooperative settings for leaders of cooperatives. Being able to prohibit users who do not meet specific standards from sending in applications is a rather basic feature that shouldn’t be too difficult to implement – then again what do I know about creating a website? But anyway, being able to set limitations on applicants for overall Level, Reputation Points Earned and Achievement Points (which are already basic requirements in most Coops) would ensure that those who go around sending applications to any Coop regardless of the listed requirements would cease. There is an array of newer users who do not put any thought or care into which Coop they are applying to. For those who closely manage their Coop it’s a little vexing to receive applications from those who you can clearly tell did not bother to even read the basic prerequisites for membership. Discouraging users from taking a commitment to a team effort lightly would be nice.
Post edited by Ideality2 on

Comments

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 03.05.2015
    Ideality2 wrote: »
    1. Farm Management Search Bar
    2. Universal Decos
    3. Turn Off, Reject or Store/Hide Repeat Tasks
    3. Reject or Store/Hide Island and Event Tasks Case by Case
    4. Ability to Disable/Hide Floating Notices
    5. Ability to Disable/Hide Time Bar for Upgrades/Builds/Demolitions
    6. Ability to Render Decos & Buildings Transparent Interchangeably
    7. Temporary Building Storage for Easier Maneuvering
    8. More Cooperative Settings
    9. Ability to Start “Twice the Experience Points” When Desired
    10. 3 Build Slots With Specified Usage Restriction

Firstly, VERY impressive post! :thumbsup:

1. You do get used to where everything is in farm management (eventually) but I agree a search would definately be useful, particularly for newer players.

2. Interchangele decos has been suggested many times, it won`t happen, its part of the game strategy to choose where to build them & has been suggested that people would just have one set & keep moving them from farm to farm. However, the new Landscape designer now makes use of unwanted decos, so thats a huge improvement.

3. Not sure I like this one, it would be useful to be able to choose the order of tasks in the sidebar, drag ones we wish to ignore to the bottom of the list & I would prefer not to have the Island task on every farm for a month, when I am not doing the island.... Maybe if that only went to the task bar when its been activated that would help.

4. Disagree with this one....Apart from the large bouncing "!!!" bubbles.....All the bubbles on my actual farm serve a purpose & I know I have done everything that needs doing when all the bubbles are gone.

5. Sorry don`t like this one either.... It is a good warning to be careful when clicking nearby, so that you don`t accidentally hit an expensive speedup.

6. This would be useful in conjunction with another existing suggestion to help when rearranging a farm. As for using it when not editing, not sure I can see the point of that, you would be able to easily see active buildings if ya hadn`t hidden all your bubbles in suggestion #4 lol :p

7. I agree with being able to temporarily move buildings out of the way when trying to re-arrange a farm. Especially on the flower farm where they are so big & also now that the landscaper has arrived & we have less decos to remove to make space.... It would mean adding a "save" button after rearranging things, in case there were some buiildings missing, in which case it would not let you save.

8. I like this one, great idea :thumbsup:

9. Another good one, there is an existing suggestion thread for this somewhere.

10. This has been suggested many many many times, it won`t happen ..... I think a separate slot for Island events would be generally appreciated, but even that doesn`t look like it will happen. Time management is an integral part of game strategy.

Sorry to disappoint you with the ones that have been tried before. You might want to start a separate suggestion thread for #8 so that it doesn`t get lost in the crowd. :thumbup:
  • Ideality2Ideality2 Posts: 6
    edited 03.05.2015
    Thank you ^^
    And thanks for taking the time to read through my post and for your feedback!
    I probably scared off a few with that huge wall o' text.
    I figured some of these have been reposted again and again, but decided to just go with it for now. I have only actually been playing the game for a little over a month so some of the different aspects to it I still haven’t even unlocked probably.

1. Yep, just a little additive that makes sifting through the management easier couldn’t hurt anything.

2. The landscape designer? Would you be willing to redirect me/explain what that is perhaps, or is this something I already know of and just may not know the name for?

3. Yeah I was thinking an arranger would be a great idea as well, but I also quite liked the idea of rejecting tasks on a case by case basis as they come up if they’re repeats or events. The next time the event or task is issued out it would come as planned though. It wouldn’t turn them off entirely per say, but the idea is to just remove it for the duration of time in which the event is taking place for that one time.

4. True, I get what you mean. I leave a lot of my buildings idle though since I tend to have a surplus of product and no more storage. I just thought it would make a cleaner view of things if they could be optionally turned off.

5. That makes sense. I didn’t quite think of that. I usually notice all the added stuff around it when I click them. The bar centers on the building when you click it as well though, so that’s also another deterrent for that.

6. Yeah, mostly an editing feature. Making it interchangeable would be difficult if it were only for editing. When editing it’d be nice if it were interchangeable so that you could see either decos or buildings and not have everything transparent. It seems easier to just make an overall setting that is accessible within and out of the editor that you can toggle.

7. Ah, right a save button! It would require that. Unless it worked similarly to how the deco storage one does.

8. Glad you liked this one. I’m not sure about making an entire repost, but I’ll contemplate it. I might just edit this one and add tags to it later after it’s revamped every so often with new ideas and deleting old ones.

9. There is? I didn’t really travel too far back and I’m still acquainting myself with the forums, but wherever it is, hopefully it’s getting some attention. It seems like it would be a rather easy thing to fix up.

10. I did see this one all over the place. It makes sense why it’d be rejected. I do agree with the idea of a separate build slot for islands at the least.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 03.05.2015
    2. The landscape designer? Would you be willing to redirect me/explain what that is perhaps, or is this something I already know of and just may not know the name for?

4. True, I get what you mean. I leave a lot of my buildings idle though since I tend to have a surplus of product and no more storage. I just thought it would make a cleaner view of things if they could be optionally turned off.

Sorry, snipped quite a bit there.

The Landscape designer is Greta something who comes in a red truck in the parking lot. You can break down unwanted decor into parts to use to upgrade the decor you want to keep on your farm. When you run out of parts upgrades can also be purchased with gold or farm cash. She arrives at level 50, though, so if you haven't been playing long you may not have seen her yet.

Never leave buildings or fields idle. Sell what you don't need/can't store to make farm cash for upgrades and building. I sell apples and eggs all day long. It's the only way to get ahead and have enough money to play those pesky islands.
    edited 03.05.2015
    Sorry, snipped quite a bit there.

The Landscape designer is Greta something who comes in a red truck in the parking lot. You can break down unwanted decor into parts to use to upgrade the decor you want to keep on your farm. When you run out of parts upgrades can also be purchased with gold or farm cash. She arrives at level 50, though, so if you haven't been playing long you may not have seen her yet.

Never leave buildings or fields idle. Sell what you don't need/can't store to make farm cash for upgrades and building. I sell apples and eggs all day long. It's the only way to get ahead and have enough money to play those pesky islands.

Thanks for the explanation of the landscaper. I am not to that level yet, so I had no idea it even existed.

Yeah, it makes sense if you plan to do the island farms, but I don't plan to work on those at all until I reach a certain point in the game. The surplus things aren't enough to really bother with selling on their own. I do sell the pigs and eggs regularly to keep a good storage of dung for fertilizer, but I also save that for when the tasks come up that require a crazy amount be produced and am currently using most of it on the things I am lacking for the bakery as well. I already filled it as far as I could with apples...
    edited 03.05.2015

5. That makes sense. I didn’t quite think of that. I usually notice all the added stuff around it when I click them. The bar centers on the building when you click it as well though, so that’s also another deterrent for that.

9. There is? I didn’t really travel too far back and I’m still acquainting myself with the forums, but wherever it is, hopefully it’s getting some attention. It seems like it would be a rather easy thing to fix up.

10. I did see this one all over the place. It makes sense why it’d be rejected. I do agree with the idea of a separate build slot for islands at the least.

4. I agree with Duffy, never leave anything idle, sell sell sell to make room, not only do you make money that way, but some buildings give you XP so you will progress slower if you don`t use them as much as possible. You can never have too much cash, upgrades get expensive the higher they go & the landscaper can eat through millions of bucks as fast as the island farms lol

5. There was a bug that made the timer block a much larger clicking area, it was fixed on the last update, so thats should be better now.

9. This was mentioned on several posts, I did this suggestion back in January to get it focused in one place, there may be others too.

10. Here is the main thread for all the times this one has come up.
    edited 03.05.2015
    4. I agree with Duffy, never leave anything idle, sell sell sell to make room, not only do you make money that way, but some buildings give you XP so you will progress slower if you don`t use them as much as possible. You can never have too much cash, upgrades get expensive the higher they go & the landscaper can eat through millions of bucks as fast as the island farms lol

5. There was a bug that made the timer block a much larger clicking area, it was fixed on the last update, so thats should be better now.

9. This was mentioned on several posts, I did this suggestion back in January to get it focused in one place, there may be others too.

10. Here is the main thread for all the times this one has come up.

4. Welp alrighty
    5, 9 & 10. I see, I'll probably remove that suggestion along with the 9th & 10th one in few mins. Thanks for sharing those threads with me. I didn't think about having the "Double XP Bonus" be an actual item itself that you can save up and store multiples of.
    edited 03.05.2015
    Yes, Scissors, Greta is a greeeeedy girl. :)

The next upgrade, for me, the flower shop (to level 7) is 20,000,000. I currently have a distillery that needs upgrading to level 5 (4,600,000), apiary to level 3 (2,350,000), two olive groves to level 4 (6,100,000 each) and a citrus grove to level 2 (2,450,000). And that's just the Flower Farm. Right now those upgrades alone would bankrupt my farm. Seriously, sell, sell, SELL.
    edited 03.05.2015
    I don't have the flower farm quite yet.

*On another note, has there ever been a suggestion for a "Harvest All" button?
    edited 03.05.2015
    Yes, Scissors, Greta is a greeeeedy girl. :)

The next upgrade, for me, the flower shop (to level 7) is 20,000,000. I currently have a distillery that needs upgrading to level 5 (4,600,000), apiary to level 3 (2,350,000), two olive groves to level 4 (6,100,000 each) and a citrus grove to level 2 (2,450,000). And that's just the Flower Farm. Right now those upgrades alone would bankrupt my farm. Seriously, sell, sell, SELL.

That 20 million for shop level 7 will seem cheap when you see level 8 hehe..... 32,500,000 I think it was 8|
    Some of the final land expansions are not cheap either, 20 & 21 million.
    I don't have the flower farm quite yet.

*On another note, has there ever been a suggestion for a "Harvest All" button?

Here is one
    edited 03.05.2015
    Erm 32mil for an upgrade would probably make anyone cringe. As well as the probable insane upgrade time that is tagging along with that price.

Oooh, their idea is quite nicely thought out. I only spared it a few moments thought myself, honestly.
    edited 04.05.2015
    You know, I have no right whatever to give you advice on how to play your game. Play it the way you want to.

Happy farming.
  • Mouseslb (US1)Mouseslb (US1) US1 Posts: 63

I would sure like the game to make room OFF the farm for large decos that we work so hard for. Takes up TOO much room on farm.

• I would sure like the game to make room OFF the farm for large decos that we work so hard for. Takes up TOO much room on farm.

@FarmerHoneybowm (US1)  Just to display them or to have the happiness still count on your farm? If you mean the latter, I can`t see that happening, but there is a suggestion thread around somewhere for a Decoration Park, to display all our cool decos in. :)
  • Farmer Jo Jo (US1)Farmer Jo Jo (US1) Posts: 112
    edited 07.01.2016

BFRejectButton

This task specifically should just be removed or replaced.  I NEVER have apples to sell now that we have the Organic Market (which was one of the best additions to the game).  I breeze through the rest of the repetitive tasks and I like the boost in stars on a regular basis.  This one "Sell Apples" task just sits.  

I guess I like the idea of being able to reject or store the unwanted tasks.  I am not participating in the Farm Friends feature and therefore would like to close that task out or store it away out of sight. 

The one attribute that I would like to see in the drop down menu of the Co-Op Stats would be a check mark next to those people who are signed up for Research.  It would be nice to see who is signed up and who isn't, at a glance, instead of cross referencing the researcher list with the member list.

Lastly, can we please have a higher character limit in messages.  I am always running out of room while trying to explain things to new members.

ETA:

Decoration Suggestion
    In the menu of Decorations it would be nice to have a green check mark on the decos that we already own.  The other place where knowing what we already own would be useful is when choosing the level of the weekly event.  I like to see what I do or don't have and then pick which level I do.  Going to the Deco tower and waiting for it to load and then find the floor it is on is a lot longer process than just seeing a green check mark of ownership.

Thank your for your consideration.
    Post edited by Farmer Jo Jo (US1) on
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    I really like the idea of more options for cooperatives. Lately there's a wave of newcomers who don't even stay and their applications are mostly the redundant, pointless default message.
    I'm tired of two things:
    1. Having to copypaste them the same response every time (because if you just decline without a reason, some of them spam apply again, sometimes with a message in a random language, until you accept or type in a reason which always makes them stop)
    2. Having to accept them anyway since we can't set any criteria that would prevent them so we sometimes give them the benefit of the doubt. Not once has it turned out good: literally all our members are people who wrote an actual application. I have never ever seen a lvl 12 with the "I want to join your cooperative" message stay and grow. They always quit a few days later no matter how encouraging you try to be to them, and more often than not they're already yellow when they get accepted because they tried the game, applied, logged off and will never be seen again.

...actually, I would like it if there was a limit to applying to cooperatives in general. Something that you can't achieve in a single day. Maybe along the lines of having logged in on 5 separate days. It's not much in this game, and it doesn't limit the person by level so it doesn't feel like a big hurdle to climb. Just some dedication which is what co-ops ask for anyway. ;o
    It's just that it's been over a year since I saw an under lvl 20 that didn't quit/hadn't already quit after applying to 50 different cooperatives. I would almost call it application trolling: make accounts, apply to tons of co-ops, log off, never play again. Start over in a few months and do it again. ;__;''
Sign In to comment.