Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Members

jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
;) It would be nice if you could have a list that just had people that did not belong to co-ops. Then when they joined one, it would go away. If they left a co-op the name would go back on the list. Also if they did not want to join one, they could have a lock on their name, so they could not be invited. Would sure save a lot of time, looking for new members.
Post edited by jatoda (US1) on

Comments

• Braly (US1)Braly (US1) Posts: 52
    edited 20.04.2015
    Hi,
    They have something like that already. it has a magnify glass with two hands on the ranking ;)
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 20.04.2015
    I agree jatoda! That would sure make things easier & less time consuming. :)
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 21.04.2015
    A great idea!

I suggested this idea too in a different thread. If you are looking for a coop, click on the icon and then you'd be populated in a list of people with the icon selected. Then when deputies/leaders of coops go searching, we could just look at this list and no other players. That would make things much more enjoyable when inviting new members.
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 22.04.2015
    I have invited many many people with the magnifying glass by their name and get no response. I think they only want to be in high level co-ops.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 22.04.2015
    jatoda wrote: »
    I have invited many many people with the magnifying glass by their name and get no response. I think they only want to be in high level co-ops.

I don't understand that. How do they think high level co-ops got there?

And I don't understand why, if you send an invite to someone, they don't send a message back either "no, thank you" or "yes, please". It only takes a minute.
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 22.04.2015
    I know what you mean, DuffyPoo222.
    I think that people are just being lazy.
    They want the benefits of a big, successful cooperative without having to put in the hard work.
    They don't bother replying to invitations because typing "No thank you" is so exhausting.

Lazy...

:(
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    edited 22.04.2015
    They want the benefits of a big, successful cooperative without having to put in the hard work.
    They don't bother replying to invitations because typing "No thank you" is so exhausting.

Lazy...

I agree entirely Mina0o. I sent an invite to someone weeks ago AND I asked that if they weren't interested to send a no thank you back. Never heard from them again.

How hard is it to say no thanks?
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 23.04.2015
    Mina0o wrote: »

Lazy...
    :(

Are you ***lazy*** because you do not reply to unsolicited paper junk mail? Thats a rhetorical question, naturally you do not believe yourself to be lazy, as you expend effort to toss it into the garbage bin, right?

Electronic unsolicited junk mail is no different. It takes effort to toss it in the delete section...
    edited 23.04.2015
    Pameow wrote: »
    Are you ***lazy*** because you do not reply to unsolicited paper junk mail? Thats a rhetorical question, naturally you do not believe yourself to be lazy, as you expend effort to toss it into the garbage bin, right?

Electronic unsolicited junk mail is no different. It takes effort to toss it in the delete section...

I suppose what Mina0o is trying to say is that usually the person goes beyond the simple effort of inviting a person, that is, they write a personal message as well. Getting messages in the game is pretty exciting and so I'd assume the recipient would open it and see a well-meaning message. Responding to the message wouldn't take long at all, just a "no thanks" would suffice.
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 23.04.2015
    Yes, Jules314, that's what I meant.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 23.04.2015
    jules314 wrote: »
    I suppose what Mina0o is trying to say is that usually the person goes beyond the simple effort of inviting a person, that is, they write a personal message as well. Getting messages in the game is pretty exciting and so I'd assume the recipient would open it and see a well-meaning message. Responding to the message wouldn't take long at all, just a "no thanks" would suffice.

Well said, Jules! ^^
  • juju8 (AU1)juju8 (AU1) Posts: 10
    edited 25.04.2015
    I agree jatoda, great idea, I have started a thread with similar idea, here is a link for your reference:

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?137684-Suggestion-quot-Player-Looking-for-Co-operative-quot-indicator-icon

I received a suggestion to use 'weekly rankings' which is also a good idea, but still time consuming....
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 25.04.2015

Pameow I actually agree with you unless they have their magnifying glass on. Then the note becomes by definition, 'solicited'.

-Y
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 26.04.2015
    jules314 wrote: »

You have expressed the idea well, without using evocative words such as ***Lazy***.

There are many reasons for lack of reply to coop invitations. For example, they might be in a hurry before going to work, they might not even notice the message because its not very obvious that a message has been sent on the interface.

Perhaps some players might get excited about recieving messages, and for these the developers could make an option to click that auto messages back to the sender, a simple "No thanks".

Not all players do get excited about recieving messages. I have paid gold for a coop of one purely to avoid such invitations. Thats the theory. In practice, some personalised invitations still arrive. Thats annoying, so perhaps some recipients might neglect their manners on purpose. I have.

I like the OP's idea to make it more obvious that invitations are unwanted, no matter how personalised. More clear indicators on the rankings list for those players searching, or not searching for coops will be an easy to code thing that will be a big improvement. Some sort of lock to prevent recieving a message of coop invitation, or any other sort, would also be great.
    edited 27.04.2015
    You have expressed the idea well, without using evocative words such as ***Lazy***.

There are many reasons for lack of reply to coop invitations. For example, they might be in a hurry before going to work, they might not even notice the message because its not very obvious that a message has been sent on the interface.

Perhaps some players might get excited about recieving messages, and for these the developers could make an option to click that auto messages back to the sender, a simple "No thanks".

Not all players do get excited about recieving messages. I have paid gold for a coop of one purely to avoid such invitations. Thats the theory. In practice, some personalised invitations still arrive. Thats annoying, so perhaps some recipients might neglect their manners on purpose. I have.

I like the OP's idea to make it more obvious that invitations are unwanted, no matter how personalised. More clear indicators on the rankings list for those players searching, or not searching for coops will be an easy to code thing that will be a big improvement. Some sort of lock to prevent recieving a message of coop invitation, or any other sort, would also be great.

You have suggested all good ideas. If GGS went and made an icon that says people are looking for cooperatives, then they should be able to create a button that says "no, I really don't want to be in a coop", and also your idea of a "no thanks" response button to the cooperative invitation. The trouble that has caused all this really is that these people have selected the icon to be active. So we believe they want to be invited, and then in turn, we're hopeful for a response in some form.

Who knows, maybe one day GGS will look at all these ideas we are talking about and create something efficient, and doesn't hurt our wrists, when it comes to inviting players to join coops.
  • Angel0ne (US1)Angel0ne (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    edited 28.04.2015
    I think there should be a red yellow green activity indicator on the player info for members looking for coops. I have accepted some players that come to find out haven't been on for a while. Or even when sending invites. Frustrating.
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 28.04.2015
    I think those who are in co-ops and doing the invites do not realize how many invites a non co-op member gets. I don't mind people sending me invites and I understand they are just trying to find members, but if i don't respond it's because i have already made my position clear by marking my ID as not interested.

Something i think people need to realize is many are opening co-ops and immediately locking it up and walking away merely to STOP THE INVITES, yet many on here have complained that there are too many co-ops and want higher level requirements before one can open one. How about stopping the abuse of your invite button and spamming the hell out of those players who have clearly marked their ID as NOT INTERESTED and players wouldn't feel the need to open a co-op for "no other purpose" other then to make it stop.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 28.04.2015
    I played on my own for a number of months and am now in a co-op and involved with recruiting, so I can see both sides of this. When I was playing alone, I got a lot of invites, as do most active players. If a personal message was sent, I always replied because I consider that to be common courtesy. And I did find the barrage of invites annoying at times. But now that I am involved with recruiting myself, I have a better perspective on why co-ops do it. Simply put, there aren't that many players who are active, middle or higher level, and not in a co-op. Naturally co-ops want to recruit people like that. And often, people who don't have the "looking for co-op" icon up are receptive to invites. Sometimes people in 1-person co-ops are interested in joining too. We've had both experiences in my co-op. When I was on my own, what I wished for was an icon that said "don't want a co-op" or something like that. I think something like that would solve some of the problems. People who didn't want invites wouldn't have to get them, and co-op recruiters wouldn't waste their time trying to recruit people who aren't interested.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 28.04.2015
    Red dot - not interested; green dot - interested. Shouldn't be too difficult to program since there is already an icon in the spot people would look.
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 01.05.2015
    As a non co-op farmer who is not interested in joining a co-op at this time, i would be all for GGS providing co-ops with a populated "opt in list" of farmers interested and looking for a co-op. But i would also suggest in doing so that some guidelines be put in place because honestly, why should GGS bother with taking time and resources away from other things they could be working on if co-ops are still going to spam farmers who have clearly marked their farm and would obviously opt out of such a list because they are not interested.

Right now we have a magnifying glass that indicates whether a farmer is interested or not, yet co-ops still spam farmers who have marked their farm as not interested...heck some co-ops even go so far as to spam farmers who are already in another co-op...so what does that tell you about the spamming problem.
    I understand the want and need for a populated list to help co-ops find members, but there needs to be some guidelines and expectations reflective of the wants and needs of non co-op farmers as well to stop the unwanted spamming and soliciting of co-ops.
  • Rusty SugarBear (US1)Rusty SugarBear (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 02.05.2015
    that is because people don't teach their children manners or about having good graces anymore

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file