Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

National Flags

farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
Everyone knows that farmers are patriotic, right? So what I suggest is a Deco that will show our national pride! I would be tickled pink to have a Deco of a flagpole with the American flag flying over my farm. That's right, I said "flying", as in animated. It would be a nice touch for our farms. I'm not a gold buyer, but I would buy gold to obtain such a Deco for my farm. And I'm pretty sure there are many others who play this game who are just as proud of their country as I am. And I think that players in the other countries who play Big Farm would like to fly the flag of their nation as well. Since it's a pole, it could have an extremely small footprint. The base would fit in a single square so it could be placed just about anywhere on the farm. I realize that such a Deco would have to be gold only to cover the cost of development, but I'm good with that!

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN
Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on

Comments

• Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 17.04.2015
    A maple leaf flag flying proudly at my front gate would make me very happy! And yes, I too would be willing to pay gold for it.

Great idea! :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 17.04.2015
    Thanks, Pingo! We wouldn't want to leave out our neighbors to the North! And what better way to show the diversity of our players?

animated-canada-flag-image-0010.gif
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 17.04.2015
    I love the idea John!!!
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 17.04.2015
    animated-canada-flag-image-0010.gif

That's the one I want! Beautiful!

Thanks, FarmerJohn. :)
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 17.04.2015
    Great idea! I'd love to have my Dutch flag flying over the farm!

(In case you wonder what a Dutchie is doing on the US server: it was the first one that popped up when I saw the add and thought: that looks nice, let's check it out :) )
    edited 17.04.2015
    Why of course, Gwendolyn! Pride in one's country crosses all borders! animated-netherlands-flag-image-0007.gif
  • chikenduck (US1)chikenduck (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    edited 17.04.2015
    I agree :D
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 17.04.2015
    Yes get the Union Jack or England flag flying Not to much gold not everything should have a price
    edited 17.04.2015
    Yay, thanks John! :) I love it!
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 17.04.2015
    Why of course, Gwendolyn! Pride in one's country crosses all borders! animated-netherlands-flag-image-0007.gif

Great suggestion! And love to see our Dutch flag flying next to a windmill (also very Dutch!!!) in your signature!!
    THX FJ!
    edited 18.04.2015
    Oh, that's an awesome idea Jiesta!! Problem is that I have an ongoing arguement with the signature thing, I can't seem to get a new one loaded... (The reason my current sig is kinda outdated, it's not winter anymore and we're not ranked 12 anymore either...)
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 18.04.2015
    Brilliant suggestion.

-Y
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 18.04.2015
    Let a choice be the "BF" flag to display on the one by one square deco. Not all of us are so patriotically flag waving, and it would be quite incorrect to be penalised by not having that square available as a decoration.
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 18.04.2015
    Love then idea farmer John!:)
    edited 18.04.2015
    Lesley52 wrote: »
    Yes get the Union Jack or England flag flying Not to much gold not everything should have a price

You got it, Lesley! After all, isn't the Big Farm Community an international community?
    animated-great-britain-flag-image-0010.gif
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 18.04.2015
    Thank you John
    edited 18.04.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    Brilliant suggestion.

-Y

Let's just hope that the folks in Germany think so too. animated-germany-flag-image-0011.gif HINT HINT
  • cabo (INT1)cabo (INT1) Posts: 360
    edited 18.04.2015
    This is the best idea I have seen in a long time!
    I too would pay gold for such a deco and fly The Stars and Stripes proudly!! It looks like others are on board as well.
    Thank you John!
  • erryka (AU1)erryka (AU1) AU1 Posts: 132
    edited 19.04.2015
    I'm all for it and would pay gold too!

animated-australia-flag-image-0007.gif
  • pathway3pathway3 Posts: 33
    edited 19.04.2015
    national flags in an international game? i have total respect for patriotism but believe me, it'll bring geopolitics to this game. not all the countries have relations like US-Canada (i wish the world could follow their example!) and some human beings are also a bit fanatic.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 19.04.2015
    pathway3 wrote: »
    national flags in an international game? i have total respect for patriotism but believe me, it'll bring geopolitics to this game. not all the countries have relations like US-Canada (i wish the world could follow their example!) and some human beings are also a bit fanatic.

The countries may not, but what's to prevent players of Big Farm from being friendly towards every other nation? :)

-Y
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 19.04.2015
    The countries may not, but what's to prevent players of Big Farm from being friendly towards every other nation? :)

-Y

THIS!! A million times this! Bravo -Y !!
  • cheshi (US1)cheshi (US1) Posts: 135
    edited 20.04.2015

-Y

I agree!

Why do people continually lump people into countries anyhow? I am an individual and have absolutely no problem with any other individuals from other countries. Most of the problems in the world are because people are too eager to shout "ALL Americans" or something similar.

We can only try to not take it personally, and not take these things into our leisure moments. On the internet, in forums like this, and in online games, we have the opportunity to be more mature, compassionate, and less judgmental than the issues that plague our worlds. If only for a short time. Maybe that short time of playing is all it takes to start to dissolve issues and realize that there are a lot of very decent individuals all around us.

Some of us may be very entertaining and friendly and I'm certainly not going to miss out because of locale. A flag of another country should serve to remind us all that it is a very big world. Let the sentiments and pride be on those who choose that, for it bakes them happy. The world does not need to be stripped of every happiness.
  • cabo (INT1)cabo (INT1) Posts: 360
    edited 20.04.2015
    Good grief people!! In my co-op alone, there are folks from USA, Canada, Sweden, Iran, France....
    We are all playing a fun farm game together, and never have any issues!
    We share language lessons and have a good time.
    I seriously hope a flag deco would not cause another World War! Really?
  • HDbkrst69 (US1)HDbkrst69 (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    edited 20.04.2015
    Perhaps have International Flags available so farmers who chose to, could display their Nations Flag on their farms.
  • nooca (INT1)nooca (INT1) Posts: 170
    edited 20.04.2015
    Actually, if you had one too many encounter with unpleasant persons treating you or someone close to you badly because of misunderstood patriotism, you might get queasy if someone waves a national flag in your face.
    Don't get me wrong. Most patriotic people are very pleasant and get along with everyone. There's nothing wrong with being patriotic. Or waving a flag.
    I would want to take away anyones right to wave a flag or hold it against someone. But I, for one, always get an unpleasant feeling when I see a national flag waving on a private property. Or as a deco in a game.
    And this is not a vote against a flag deco. It's not something I'd want (well maybe a bigfarm flag ;). Just wanted to point out that this is not so simple as "we can all be friends in this game" or "even if countries can't get along, doesn't mean people can't".
    edited 21.04.2015
    It seems so often these days that there are those who go way out of their way just to find something to be offended by. I don't see how someone having a Deco of their national flag on their farm could be construed as "waving the flag in someone's face". It reminds me of the time a player objected to the Cult Stone deco because they felt it was on a par with paganism! If you don't want to have your national flag on your farm, no one will force you to. It's that simple. Here we are just peaceful farmers who work together to achieve our goals, nothing more. So it's wrong to assume that politics would ever enter into it. Heck, one of my Deputies is a young Muslim woman in Tehran, Iran. While in the real world we are led to believe that we are each others enemy, here in Big Farm we are the best of friends! And YES, it is that simple!

animated-usa-flag-image-0011.gif
  • nooca (INT1)nooca (INT1) Posts: 170
    edited 21.04.2015
    It's not about contructing something! I just stated my feelings!
    We all have real lifes in a real word where politics do matter. There's no way around that. And, probably because of my personal real life, seeing national flags as a decoration make me feel a certain (unpleasant) way. It might be just me, but others might feel similarly. I don't know.
    Of course we are all best friends on Big Farm, regardless of nationality or religion or anything. And I don't think anyone putting up a flag deco sees people with other flags as enemy. And I wouldn't think anyone my enemy personally, either.
    I just wanted to point out that national flags can evoke feelings in people. And that those feelings are not always pleasant. I wasn't thinking about politics. And if I was thinking about a specific flag, it was that of my own country!
    Being friends is simple. I agree with that. But feelings are not! And for me, flags lead to feelings. So: not so simple!
    edited 22.04.2015
    It reminds me of the time a player objected to the Cult Stone deco because they felt it was on a par with paganism!

As a pagan myself, I got a good giggle out of that :p
    Heck, one of my Deputies is a young Muslim woman in Tehran, Iran. While in the real world we are led to believe that we are each others enemy, here in Big Farm we are the best of friends! And YES, it is that simple!

animated-usa-flag-image-0011.gif

Yes, it's that simple indeed!! We have a lot of different nationalities and cultures in our coop. We talk about them, discuss them and respect one another. We learn words from one anothers languages and ofcourse exchange recipes :)
  • edited 22.04.2015
    Good Day to you, I think they should work on the 3 year flag. Whats up guys, you guys have 1 and 2 year flags which are great, but I would like to see a 3 year flag.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file