Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Unable to Upload Images to Forum

dreambig102dreambig102 Posts: 345
So I was going to post a thread with some pictures in the "Creative Corner" Section and when I tried to upload photos from my computer it didn't come up I tried like 5 times and every time I hit upload nothing happened

So I hope you can help me I know this doesn't have anything to do with the actual Big Farm Game But I hope you can still help

Your Pictureless friend,

DreamBig10
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 15.04.2015
    Interesting, upload appears to be broken. :S

As a workaround you can copy/paste your image into your post, if it is uploaded on to another website. If its on your computer, you can upload it to any free site such as photobucket or many others out there & then copy/paste from there.
  • dreambig102dreambig102 Posts: 345
    edited 15.04.2015
    Thank You for your help. :)

Do you think the problem of uploading pictures will be fixed soon?
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 15.04.2015
    Do you think the problem of uploading pictures will be fixed soon?

Not for now, unfortunately, dreambig102. :(

We disabled several upload functions on the forums for the time being. You can still use the paste the URL between image tags and they will still show up.  Regards, Steffi
    edited 15.04.2015
    Okay thanks for your help! :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 17.04.2015
    It seems that I am unable to update my profile picture and or my avatar. Is there a certain type of picture ie jpeg, gif, png one must use??(
    Upload of file failed is the message I get when ever I try to up load a picture.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 17.04.2015
    Hi Data King,

As you can see from Nafaru`s post (above) the upload function is currently disabled. Unfortunately, this is why you are unable to change your avatar picture for now.
    edited 17.04.2015
    Thanks WW do you know when this may be corrected?
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 17.04.2015
    Data King2 wrote: »
    Thanks WW do you know when this may be corrected?

No news on how long it will be disabled, but I hope its not for long, as I am stuck as an Easter bunny lol :S
    edited 17.04.2015
    Could be worst, the bunny is cute.:D
  • edited 17.04.2015
    Just wondering, why was the ability to upload pictures taken down temporarily?
    edited 18.04.2015

Yeah I was wondering the same thing :)
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 20.04.2015

As part of our security procedures, uploads have been disabled for the time being. This applies to features such as avatar changing, signature uploads as well as attachments. In the interest of safety, we cannot talk about technical details.
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 29.04.2015
    Okay.. so I need some help please.. unsure what I am doing wrong at this point..

I am attempting to change my signature.. I know how to do it, and have done it many times.. Ever since this forum update.. I've been having troubles..could someone advise if they are having the same problem.. Or is it just me??

I am sure to make sure my signature is no larger than listed within that screen (its size is 425x83).. see I just clicked on "add image" button to add the jpeg image I am trying to add.. I uploaded it.. receive NO error message, it just doesn't upload..

Help please someone!! I'd really appreicate it! I must be doing something wrong.. however this is the way I've always done it..
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 29.04.2015
    Some of the upload features in the Forum have been disabled, chicaa, as Steffi says here.
    Nafaru wrote: »
    We disabled several upload functions on the forums for the time being. You can still use the paste the URL between image tags and they will still show up.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 29.04.2015
    chicaa wrote: »
    Okay.. so I need some help please.. unsure what I am doing wrong at this point..

I am attempting to change my signature.. I know how to do it, and have done it many times.. Ever since this forum update.. I've been having troubles..could someone advise if they are having the same problem.. Or is it just me??

I am sure to make sure my signature is no larger than listed within that screen (its size is 425x83).. see I just clicked on "add image" button to add the jpeg image I am trying to add.. I uploaded it.. receive NO error message, it just doesn't upload..

Help please someone!! I'd really appreicate it! I must be doing something wrong.. however this is the way I've always done it..

See: https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2014/07/01/finding-your-way-around-the-forums/
    From the first listed questions, see nos. 6,7 a.s.o.

Hope this helps, Chicaa! ^^

Edit: posted at the same moment as FarmerJohn, see post #15!!
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 29.04.2015
    Farmer John & Jiesta & Wabbit~

Thanks VERY much for your help, and super quick responses!!:)

I'm going to get to it now.. hopefully with a new signature, thanks again guys!!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 08.05.2015
    I cant change my profile picture.I 'm trying a lot to change it but everytime i do it,it show "upload of the file failed".At first I thought maybe its bcuz the picture is too big,bcuz it said that the picture should be small;but then I put a small picture but still it is not of any help.
    Plz someone help me solve this problem.
    edited 08.05.2015
    Some upload functions in the Forum have been disabled, Proyetei.
    edited 08.05.2015
    Some upload functions in the Forum have been disabled, Proyetei.

But why is it changed?
    edited 08.05.2015
    They aren't saying, but my guess is they're installing a firewall to prevent another hack to the Forum.
    Here Steffi explains how you can put a profile picture in:
    We disabled several upload functions on the forums for the time being. You can still use the paste the URL between image tags and they will still show up.Regards,Steffi
    edited 08.05.2015
    They aren't saying, but my guess is they're installing a firewall to prevent another hack to the Forum.
    Here Steffi explains how you can put a profile picture in:

ok,thx,i will try it.
    edited 08.05.2015
    I can't guarantee it will work. The profile changing feature may be completely disabled.
    As part of our security procedures, uploads have been disabled for the time being. This applies to features such as avatar changing, signature uploads as well as attachments. In the interest of safety, we cannot talk about technical details.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 08.05.2015
    PROYETEI wrote: »
    ok,thx,i will try it.

The workarounds will help you to add images in posts & your signature, but there is no way to edit avatars or profile pictures at the moment.
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 29.05.2015
    I`m trying to upload avatars on my profile, but I get Upload of File Failed if I try to do an upload. Even though the image size and quality fits within the criteria.

Yet I still can't upload an image from a URL. I've tried uploading it directly from the computer as well, but doesn't worked.....tried linking to an image from tinypic.com... still "invalid url".

Whenever I upload an avatar, vbulletin says "Invalid URL".

Anyone else experiencing it? :huh:

Thanks in advance!
    PM
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 29.05.2015
    I had the same problem. I thought deleting my avatar would help but now I'm stuck without one. :( We can still add images in our signatures just not avatars. Here's what Latten says:
    Latten wrote: »
    We're working on it :) Super sorry about the whole avatar/profile business, believe me when I say we don't like it either. But I'm optimistic that we will have some great news for you guys quite soon!

I hope they can fix it soon. I miss my avatar lol.
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 29.05.2015
    Thanks for the heads up, Jess_d! ^^

It`s the same case happened with me. I tried deleting my horse avatar,and last one went too. We got to survive without an avatar :(

I hope they fix it soon
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 29.05.2015
    You're welcome Manish! After being here so long and always having an avatar it seems strange to not have one now.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 29.05.2015
    Yet I still can't upload an image from a URL. I've tried uploading it directly from the computer as well, but doesn't worked.....tried linking to an image from tinypic.com... still "invalid url".

Same problem if you'll try to insert an picture in your forum postings. :(
    - and yes, it is possible to insert a picture in postings, if you use a picture which already are stored on a web-address, but not directly from your computer.
  • edited 26.06.2015
    I want to add a picture of what I am seeing on my game screens to my forum post, but I don't know how to do it. Can someone please tell me?

I have taken a screenshot, put it in paint, cropped it, and saved the file. I tried the insert image icon, found my file, clicked on download it and nothing happens?
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 26.06.2015
    The function to upload images as been disabled on the forums ever since that hacking attempt a few months ago..

But you can still upload images by using an external uploader, like photobucket or imgur. Just go to one of those websites, click upload and then upload your screenshots.
    You'll get a list with different links to your image. if you copy the link meant for forums and message boards you should get a link that lets you show the image directly in your post.
    Good luck! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file