Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Important Announcement Regarding our Forum Downtime - Discussion and Questions

Comments

• mick6 (AU1)mick6 (AU1) Posts: 158
    edited 15.04.2015
    Some members of our coop have received mail saying to change their password because of a hack that has occured.. is this correct as i havent seen anything in the forum in regards to this. can anyone let me know you have any info :)
  • FarmerLou1 (US1)FarmerLou1 (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 15.04.2015
    mick63 wrote: »
    Some members of our coop have received mail saying to change their password because of a hack that has occured.. is this correct as i havent seen anything in the forum in regards to this. can anyone let me know you have any info :)

i also received the message. i think a password change should take care of the problem they lead us to believe it was nothing too serious but suggest to change passward
  • FarmerLou1 (US1)FarmerLou1 (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 15.04.2015
    itacla wrote: »
    Thank you!!It worked... Not that I wanted to change password...I liked it...but better be safe than sorry! Apparently I was the chosen one on my coop to make changes, so far no one else received the same email.

yes it seems some did not get that message i'm the only one in our co-op that got that message also
  • m68addison2m68addison2 Posts: 3
    edited 15.04.2015
    I received the message too, I changed my password so hope all is taken care of.
  • Cat AdamsCat Adams Posts: 130
    edited 15.04.2015
    mick63 wrote: »

You can read about the the "Official statement" here.
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 15.04.2015
    Jiesta wrote: »
    Cooperative Challenge is long over, bikeboy! And lasted exactly 6 days (the Eastern event only started after the Coop Challenge!).

Nowadays we are dealing with the Horse Racing Tournament, which takes 1 month and the Camping Event which lasts 1 week, as always. Also Greta (landscapedesigner) is visiting our farms and will stay for another 7,5 hours as from now.
    Thank you very much , but i got a reply from GGS , so it did last more than 6 days
    [Support message removed - See Community Guidelines for more info | Wabbit]

Mina0o wrote: »
    I also recall that the coop challenge lasted longer that the previous times. In fact, it started the second the event farm closed and usually there's a day in between, right?

I personally do not see it as a big issue to get all upset about but sure, could be nice to get an answer from GGS on whether it was a one-time thing or a permanent change.

No need to be so edgy about someone remembering it wrong though, bikeboy! :S
    And then there is this rule about not posting private conversations on the forum (including messages from support). Even if you just did it to prove your point..
    Exactly, if people got proper answers to questions we would not need to post the e mail support replies, and i never read the rules anyway because they usually change without notice. 6 days is long enough, the 8 days was torture

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit or multi-quote button
  • AmyandMattAmyandMatt Posts: 27
    edited 15.04.2015
    " WELCOME BACK GGS ". I miss you so much. I hope everythings go well. :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 15.04.2015
    DeAnna777 wrote: »
    Seems like this email notification alerting members should have been sent out immediately once a hack was suspected. It's what a week later and we are only now being alerted?

This. There was nothing specific on FB or Twitter aside from a note on April 3 that said (to paraphrase) "forums will be back up April 7" and then NOTHING AT ALL until the email TEN DAYS LATER saying there had been an attack.

I don't care that it was just my u/n and password at risk. It is DEPLORABLE that you guys knew FOR OVER A WEEK what was going on and put out very little information, when you clearly have email and other social media right there.

Bottom line, it was irresponsible & unprofessional. Period.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 15.04.2015
    Latten wrote: »
    Yes, it was secretly Nafaru. She "hacked" our forums to get access to the secret fridge full of ice cream. It didn't quite work out.

;)

Nah she was just trying to free the hamsters. :rolleyes:

Psst...Nafaru, send me the location of the ice cream & I'll help you break in the fridge. I'm trying to distract Latten so he won't suspect anything. ;)
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 15.04.2015
    starsie wrote: »
    This. There was nothing specific on FB or Twitter aside from a note on April 3 that said (to paraphrase) "forums will be back up April 7" and then NOTHING AT ALL until the email TEN DAYS LATER saying there had been an attack.

I don't care that it was just my u/n and password at risk. It is DEPLORABLE that you guys knew FOR OVER A WEEK what was going on and put out very little information, when you clearly have email and other social media right there.

Absolutly agree!!!
  • edited 15.04.2015
    Latten wrote: »
    Implementing an in-game message is not very easy and would have taken longer to inform you. Apart from that, we have emailed every player who may have been affected in order to inform everyone in the most efficient way.

Latten, myself and others did ask about the Forum on Facebook and fortunately GGS did give us an answer there. At least there was some way to communicate. I did pass the info on to my Co-op.

I have asupport request in from April 2, 2015, still without a reply.

Can the News that comes up when you first log on to the game, also be used to add a comment when something like this happens, so that all players will be informed? We need to hear something from you!!!!!
    I checked earlier today, but I had no e-mail from GGS about the security issues. Now I have one recommending I change my password, which I will do as soon as the game is done with their maint. tonight and I can get back in to do it. I will also inform my Co-op to look for thee-mail. I set my e-mail so that all GGS mail goes to one folder to make it easy to find.

The forum is a very important part of this game. We really missed it!!!!! I am glad it is back!

Regarding the Easter Event on US 1

The Easter Event where the Car was in the Bazaar area started at 3PM PST. The timer started then too. However the new Eggs did not come out until after that at 9PM PST each day.
    At 3PM PST the next day, the day/timer would change, but the basket would remain full of eggs until 9PM, when it would empty and the new eggs were out about the fields outside the farm.
    I loved this event, but there was a whole lot of confusion on the forum about this and you can certainly see why. We expected the new Egg day to start at 12 mn. GGS time as this is the new game day. But it didn’t start then. It didn’t even start at 12MN USA time!

I’ve been playing for a year now and I’m at Level 99, almost 100!! For my Anniversary date! Yeah!!

The Easter Event in the Bazaar area operated from 3pm PST to 3PM PST!!! The new EGGs were put out and the basket of eggs emptied from the prior day’s collection from 9PM to 9PM PST!!!

The timers that show ~7 days for example, mean anything less than 8 days left, but more than 7 days left. In order to see how many hours are left, a player has to put their cursor over the ~7, then they will see the hours, min, sec. left. But we have to divide that all out to really get just how many days and hours are left in the event. This is true whenever there is this kind of timer is used in Big Farm in many other places. I really hope that this is being fixed.

We should have had until 9pm PST the last day to finish collecting all of our eggs, since they came out at 9pm PST the day before. But, since the timer in the Bazaar area was not in sync with when the new eggs came out, it all ended at 3pm PST on the last day! (We should have had another 6 hours to find the final eggs!) In the beginning the Event came out at 3PM PST, but the Eggs didn’t come until later at 9pm PST!

I was trying to inform players of this when the Forum went down. I don’t know why GGS could not have come outand told everyone when the “EGG DAY” would start and stop and how the timers worked. IMO there should have been a special official announcement about that

This was avery fun and exciting event and like others, I hope we can do it again soon. With the proper fixes to the bugs and in the instructions and the computer program. I really feel for the players, who were not able to finish and get the Bunny Bungalow and who were so confused about it all.

IMO, GGS had a security threat, they decided to take the Forum offline, they should have found a way to let us all know. The Forum was and is vitally important to our game, especially with all the
    confusion over the Easter Event.

I was able to inform my Co-op of the logistics in the Easter event, timer, etc. I was able to finish the Event—with a lot of detective work to figure out how it worked and I play nearly 24/7 too, so I notice things other players may not have had a chance to.

I really hope that GGS will compensate players for the botched Easter Event and for the loss of the forum for over a week!!!

I do really appreciate telling us about which bugs are being fixed too.

Thank You.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 15.04.2015
    I got e mail today (Wednesday) Yes check e mails all the time I changed password Monday when I first knew about it. I am mad because took so long to send the e mail I would have thought GGS been a big company they could send warnings en mass on their servers,not a few at a time. This should have been done as soon as GGS knew something was wrongX(X(X(
  • Wendytsj626Girl (US1)Wendytsj626Girl (US1) US1 Posts: 190
    edited 15.04.2015
    Glad your back but too bad we had to wait until you were back to find out what was happening. Btw, appreciate notice of server down time but if you are going to go to the trouble of giving a notice with a specific time, please keep to the "specific" time. It was stated that the server would be down at 15:00 CEST yet it went out 6 hours earlier. For us PDT players, this was a hardship.
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 15.04.2015
    That was another downtime, announced today. One starting later will still happen.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 16.04.2015
    bikeboy wrote: »
    Thank you very much , but i got a reply from GGS , so it did last more than 6 days
    [Support message removed - See Community Guidelines for more info | Wabbit]

Exactly, if people got proper answers to questions we would not need to post the e mail support replies, and i never read the rules anyway because they usually change without notice. 6 days is long enough, the 8 days was torture

You SERIOUSLY [Personal comment removed | Wabbit]
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 16.04.2015
    Glad to have the forum back up and working as it is a great source of information.^^
    edited 16.04.2015
    Is there any update with regards the supposed attempted hacking on GSS forums. I cannot see no mention of any hacking on the web, usually companies let the world know about potential hackers so that others can be prepared. Did the "hackers" get into GGS and if so did they get traced ? Hacking is illegal world wide and it would be nice to see that GGS have traced and successfully prosecuted those responsible.
  • edited 17.04.2015
    Chances are they don't want a reputation of being hackable and they are also probably tracing it still...
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 17.04.2015
    Hacking is illegal world wide.

It should be so, yes...
    But the truth is that, if the hackers live and operate from some countries/states, these countries/states doing nothing as long the hacker don't hack anyboduy in their own country, but only users in other countries.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 17.04.2015
    jess_d wrote: »
    Why are only certain people receiving an email & not everyone? I got an email but others in my co-op didn't get it. This makes me think that the hackers got to some of our info but not everyone's.

Not all players are affected. Only a small part of our player base, those that have a forum account, are potentially affected. We have sent an email to all those players.
    Is there any update with regards the supposed attempted hacking on GSS forums. I cannot see no mention of any hacking on the web, usually companies let the world know about potential hackers so that others can be prepared. Did the "hackers" get into GGS and if so did they get traced ? Hacking is illegal world wide and it would be nice to see that GGS have traced and successfully prosecuted those responsible.

We experience a lot of attacks and usually don't communicate them because we have always been able to stop them in the past. Even though we found no evidence to suggest that any data has been copied this time either, we wanted to inform you about the incident to ensure transparency and to minimize further risk.

We know where the attack came from and we are currently evaluating legal action. For this reason, we can't give you any more information about the attacker.
    Psst...Nafaru, send me the location of the ice cream & I'll help you break in the fridge. I'm trying to distract Latten so he won't suspect anything. ;)

Scroll down, find the copyright sign at the bottom of the page, trace the lines several times as if rubbing a magic lamp. If you do all that right, a popup will appear asking you for credentials.. that's when all the fun starts.

If you manage to get in, please let me know so we can share the ice-creamy goodness!

I hope everyone knows I'm joking by the font size used. :)
    edited 17.04.2015
    starsie wrote: »

Anything would have been better than an almost blank page with, maintenance posted in the corner, just makes you wonder why it was down for all that time with hardly any notifacations, and i totally agree with the comment " Bottom line, it was irresponsible & unprofessional. Period."

Just wait for the next part of the saga! Unfortunately I can only see Big Farm going one way very quickly . Pity
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 17.04.2015
    some of my members are concerned with the hack. in fact one is selling off their farm and quitting because they put a lot of info on the net and they are afraid it will be compromised. if some one could send out info about the hack and if we should have any concerns. I would like to send a co-op message to everyone, either way. should we be concerned or are we okay. has this info been posted somewhere. thank you. I hate to lose some of my best players if there is no reason for concern.

I read the above from Nafaru. I am on the forum so does that mean I have an account. if so, I did not get an e-mail.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 17.04.2015
    I am on the forum too (as well known) and did not get a (warning) mail from GGS to change my password, either!
    What can or can't we expect?
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 17.04.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Not all players are affected. Only a small part of our player base, those that have a forum account, are potentially affected. We have sent an email to all those players.

I am active in the forum and did not receive an email either. So for those of us who didn't get an email, does that mean our accounts are safe and we don't need to worry about this?

More information would be very helpful.
    edited 17.04.2015
    Pingo42 wrote: »
    I am active in the forum and did not receive an email either. So for those of us who didn't get an email, does that mean our accounts are safe and we don't need to worry about this?

More information would be very helpful.

Hmmm i am just a bikeboy so know nothing ! but to my mind, everybody that is or has been on the forum, no matter which country or server should have got an e mail. Personally i think its just a cover up, what better way to "cover" everything ! blame a hacker ! Its the same in real life, we get some problem and they blame a computer error, but who programs the computers. I am off to see if i got an e mail, warning me 10 days after the supposed attack, if my £1.68 life savings are gone, i'll be very upset.
    jatoda wrote: »
    some of my members are concerned with the hack. in fact one is selling off their farm and quitting because they put a lot of info on the net and they are afraid it will be compromised. if some one could send out info about the hack and if we should have any concerns. I would like to send a co-op message to everyone, either way. should we be concerned or are we okay. has this info been posted somewhere. thank you. I hate to lose some of my best players if there is no reason for concern.

I read the above from Nafaru. I am on the forum so does that mean I have an account. if so, I did not get an e-mail.
    Have you noticed how GGS Big Farm knows what crops you have ready, or not ready, and the ship asks for those you dont have, and the mission asks for wild flowers when you just planted corn, the mini task asks you to sell pigs just after you sold them. Its all within the game, but it shows how much info they can gain and how quickly it can be used... now instead of your crops and harvests.. insert your debit card details, mobile number... GGS has everything ( as do a lot of other companies ) Look when sony had hackers, they let people know straight away, they did not know then close shop for a holiday before telling people on their return from holiday. I do not think there is anything to worry about, but its the potential that is the problem.

Read this quickly as it'll be deleted soon

• Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 17.04.2015
    Why are only certain people receiving an email & not everyone? I got an email but others in my co-op didn't get it. This makes me think that the hackers got to some of our info but not everyone's. There's something there to make GGS email certain people & not everyone....I would like to know what that is.

What forum was hacked? I noticed Big Farm, Empire & Café were all down. I have been on all three at one time or another. Are people receiving the email because they have been on more than one GGS game?

Edit: Nevermind, I just read the tiny print at the bottom of the email & noticed this: "You received this email because you registered for Goodgame Empire."

I'm afraid I missed seeing the Edit at the bottom of Jess's post when I posted my question about why some forum members got the message and others like myself did not. Thanks very much to the kind person who messaged me in-game to point out that information to me. So it appears that those of us who only have Big Farm accounts and don't play any other GGS games don't need to worry about the hacker? That's how it appears to me at this point.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 17.04.2015
    I play only bigfarm but got e mail Wednesday Had already changed password Monday Have complained about the delay
    edited 17.04.2015
    that cat is looking at me, or is it my birdies that he is looking at, hi lesley
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 18.04.2015
    I scrolled as far as tolerable to no avail.... One question: Why did it take over three weeks to send me an email suggesting that I change my password?
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 20.04.2015
    Have you noticed how GGS Big Farm knows what crops you have ready, or not ready, and the ship asks for those you dont have, and the mission asks for wild flowers when you just planted corn, the mini task asks you to sell pigs just after you sold them. Its all within the game, but it shows how much info they can gain and how quickly it can be used... now instead of your crops and harvests.. insert your debit card details, mobile number... GGS has everything ( as do a lot of other companies )

The payment provider might save some of your data, but we don't. Although we have a payment shop, all of the payment providers (e.g. Paypal) are external third party platforms. They are embedded in our payment shop. Although it may look like we store payment data, we actually don't.

Of course we have access on the date and time, the package, and similar information on what has been purchased, but we don't store payment method details, such as the credit card number.
    Pingo42 wrote: »
    So it appears that those of us who only have Big Farm accounts and don't play any other GGS games don't need to worry about the hacker? That's how it appears to me at this point.

As already mentioned several times, we have no evidence to suggest that any data was copied. However, to eliminate any possible risk, we would suggest changing your password - no matter what games you have a forum account for as the forums are connected.
    I scrolled as far as tolerable to no avail.... One question: Why did it take over three weeks to send me an email suggesting that I change my password?

We detected the attack on Thursday, April 2, and immediately took the forum offline.

After the incident, we investigated the matter thoroughly for several days to ensure that the information we publish is as reliable as possible. That's why there was one week's time between the attack and our announcement.

E-mails regarding the attack have been sent on the same day the announcement was made.
Sign In to comment.