Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: #of co-ops vs #of players

brutane (US1)brutane (US1) US1 Posts: 52
There seems to be way more fishing clubs (co-op groups) fishing by the same lake (server) and not enough fishes (active/existing players) to go around. Thus getting harder and harder to recruit.

Is there some way GGS can regulate the "fishing" or maybe have the option to merge co-ops together to form bigger groups or something along the lines. That would be heavenly :)
Post edited by brutane (US1) on

Comments

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 29.03.2015
    for a new player they are spoilt for choice 9 out of 10 top 10 EN ranking players looking for players. Smaller coops in lower leagues may not even get a sideways glance esp if they are still doing research, wanting donations to coop. It would be good if these smaller coops could merge but only if equally matched in gold, dollars in coop bank and research done. No coop wants to have to redo research already done esp with start up costs + individual costs of research. Any dollars, gold in coop bank should be transferred. New coop jointly led by previous leaders, but I doubt will ever be allowed.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 29.03.2015
    I think I agree with everything that Lesley says. An excellent idea but not high priority with GGS.
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 29.03.2015
    AMEN Brutane!!!

I couldn't agree more with you!! I come from a smaller co-op, and there are soo many upstarts with just a small amount of farmers.. It makes it nearly impossible to compete with the larger higher up co-ops..

I feel that something needs to be implemented..Especially on the US Server.. I cannot tell you how many teams are in the co-op searching for members threads daily. It's getting to be utterly impossible to find anyone!

Maybe make some type of cut-off that in order to start a co-op, a player has to be at a certain level with a certain amount of playing time under their belt.. Or maybe possibly add a rule that players need to join an existing co-op for a certain amount of time, before they just go and start their own..
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 29.03.2015
    Very good suggestions, chicaa!
    We're having the same kind of problems on the international server.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 29.03.2015
    I think it's a pity that there are coops who try to catch people from other coops' forum threads. We've had people tell us here on the forum they were interested in joining, but they were caught by others before we even could reply.
  • Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
    edited 29.03.2015
    We have spaces on the En1 server in the top co-op for active players, but it is hard, even for the top co-ops, to recruit good, active daily players. This might be a good idea. Btw, if there are any active, daily players looking for a friendly, active co-op, Large Estates on En1 are recruiting now!!!
  • elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 29.03.2015
    chicaa wrote: »
    Maybe make some type of cut-off that in order to start a co-op, a player has to be at a certain level with a certain amount of playing time under their belt.. Or maybe possibly add a rule that players need to join an existing co-op for a certain amount of time, before they just go and start their own..

Yes, I always thought that it is too easy to start a cooperative. Let's be serious, what does a player at level 6 know about a cooperative? He/she hardly has any clue how to play the game at that level! I guess GGS just want some of that gold that they give players at the start back...
    I think a month of active playing and level 40 might be a decent requirement for a player to be able start a cooperative of their own. :)
  • brutane (US1)brutane (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    edited 30.03.2015
    elunia13 wrote: »
    I think a month of active playing and level 40 might be a decent requirement for a player to be able start a cooperative of their own. :)

I think that is a good idea as it does a lot of eliminating; no co-op groups with leaders less than level 10 and ensuring players are committed to playing this game since sticking around till lvl 40 means so (lvl 20-30 is also a good start)
  • elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 30.03.2015
    I was speaking here from my own experience - I started my coop at around lvl 35, I think, with only about two weeks of playing experience, but I was in two coops before that and was playing all the hours in the day at that time! :-)
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 01.04.2015
    Thanks Mina!! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file