Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Daily Gourmet mission

Smurf8Smurf8 Posts: 235
Is it me or does every one else find the Gourmet farm a bit of a chore?

How about a mission to make it more interesting? Maybe most dandelion/barley/eggs/dung in 24 hours?

Regards, Smurf
Post edited by Smurf8 on

Comments

• Adrienne_chilisAdrienne_chilis Posts: 141
    edited 01.04.2015
    That's a great idea Smurf8. I would participate in gourmet missions.
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 14.04.2015
    Smurf8 wrote: »
    Is it me or does every one else find the Gourmet farm a bit of a chore?

How about a mission to make it more interesting? Maybe most dandelion/barley/eggs/dung in 24 hours?

Regards, Smurf
    you can already use the gourmet farm's eggs and dung in missions already.
    the missions are 30 minutes long, so new missions for dandelion or barley wouldn't make much sense due to production times...
    there was a time when missions had different times, from 30 min. to 24 hours, but they were changed at some point and personally I don't see any reason to revert back to the old system.

what could be done for Gourmet farm are repetitive tasks, like the ones we have on Main farm.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 15.04.2015
    Like Smurf8, I would like to see some mission for the gourmet farm...
    and why not also missions for the flower farm?

@Alex_mosu: Sorry, but i'm not agree with you.
    I can see several good reasons for have back the old mission system where we could choose which type mission we want to play.

Just to mention a few:

1. As it is now, I ofen have opponents who do not harvest anything, surely because they have hoped for another type of mission, and therefore they just pass, and hope for better luck in the next mission.
    - playing against active opponents gives much better rewards than playing against passive opponents.

2. ½ hour missions strongly decrease how many types ogf mission we can have to choose between, and thats why we only have these 4 mission types: wild flower, corn, eggs and dung.
    - If we have back the 'the old mission days' in a rebuild version, it would be possible to have missions for everything we can produce on our farm, the mission time just have to be fine for the type of production.

3. As it is now, also I ofen get a 'wrong' mission (mostly flowers, corn or eggs when I hope for dung), and especiality for dung I sometimes have to play 4 missions with other things before I at least get a dung mission so I can empty my stables (with the powerhouse turned on ofcourse ;) )

When I have to wait up to 2 hours, I loose lots of farm dollars, because some of my production facilities are inactive for so long time waiting for the right mission... and not only that I loose farm dollars: this waiting for the right mission also ofen conflicks with coop projects: should I only thinking for get a good reward for doing well in the right mission by waiting for the right mission... or should I be loyal to my coop and harvest all my building when the random coop starts, whatever the mission are the best for me ot not, because my coop run a project where some of my production is needed? - a hard choice to do
    - and especiality in coop challenge it can be very har to choose: should I wait for the right mission because of the coop challenge, or should I go for the project my coop in running at the same time the coop challenge is running?

If anybody ask me, I will want back the missions where we by us self could choose witch type of mission we want to play, and I know also other players want that.
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    edited 15.04.2015
    Great idea brian. I do not know the old system but when you have to wait for 1.5 or 2 hours to get your dung or egg mission feels su useless. That you need a real good reward for that mission.
    Also at any given time of the day on the www1 server are players wich are entering a mission.Why we have to wait sometimes more than 5 minutes or longer to end upagain ain a solo mission. This is a browser game and use digital tecnology. It cannot be that hard to find a opponent for a random mission in my eyes.
    I hope that this waiting time will be a lot shorter in the future. ?(
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 16.04.2015
    I agree with Briannospam on many points, but there's one thing I like about this new mission system: I can play a misson at any time now, whenever I want to. I don't have to wait till a certain time, whenever I am up and about, I can do a mission.
  • cheshi (US1)cheshi (US1) Posts: 135
    edited 16.04.2015
    I've waited about 5 hours at times, for a specific mission. I lose money every time I have to hold ducks waiting for that egg mission. Or hold all my cows waiting for the dung mission. I feel bad for the players that are in a mission with me as their only opponent and I'm not harvesting for that mission. But by the time I've played half a dozen missions past my bedtime, then I'm not wasting any extra effort trying to play a mission I've already played several times while waiting.

I wasn't around for the old missions, but this one is certainly flawed. Even the mission search sometimes takes much longer than 5 minutes. And it amazes me that after all that time I often get a solo mission. What's up with that? You usually win solo missions, but the certificates gained aren't worth it when I can make more with my wildflowers or eggs playing with live players. But if I've already fallen asleep waiting for the search and barely stayed awake thru several missions, I may just harvest anything and hope something sticks.

There should be more than one type of mission. The regular mission, which lets you choose whether you want corn, wildflowers, dung, or eggs. And maybe an extended mission, with a longer time, that gives you more options, like choosing only gourmet stables. Or dandelions. Or milk. Or the usual dung, corn, wildflowers, eggs, but for a longer period of time. Wildflower missions are long enough, I think, but I've had two or three wildflower missions in a row many times.

Oh, guess I better get back to the mission I haven't been playing because I lost all desire to play the same mission twice in a row.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 16.04.2015
    Gwendolen wrote: »
    I agree with Briannospam on many points, but there's one thing I like about this new mission system: I can play a misson at any time now, whenever I want to. I don't have to wait till a certain time, whenever I am up and about, I can do a mission.

I can see your point :)
    - and also have an idea for that: What about make a this compromise:
    Several mission types where we have choice like this:
    1. Random ½ hours missions where you can start playing a mission when you want it (exactly like they are now)
    2. Players who better like playing fixed mission can choose between several fixed mission witch are starting on a fixed time.
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 16.04.2015
    I can see your point :)
    - and also have an idea for that: What about make a this compromise:
    Several mission types where we have choice like this:
    1. Random ½ hours missions where you can start playing a mission when you want it (exactly like they are now)
    2. Players who better like playing fixed mission can choose between several fixed mission witch are starting on a fixed time.

sounds like a good compromise :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file