Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Ways To Show Your Parents Your Repsonsible???

dreambig102dreambig102 Posts: 345
edited 20.03.2015 in The Chicken Coop
So, first of all I want to say I know this has nothing to do with the big farm game.
But I wanted to see if anyone on here knows a way to show your parent your responsible.

The story is that there's something I've really wanted for awhile but the thing is its 90 USD,
And my parents don't want me spending that amount of money on it.

I'm pretty sure it's because they don't think I'm responsible enough to take care of it.
So, I want to prove to them that I am responsible enough. :)

Well anyway the question is "Do you know a way I could show my parents I'm responsible?"

Thanks for all your help in advance! :)

Your RESPONSIBLE Friend,
DreamBig10
Post edited by dreambig102 on

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 14.03.2015
    Hello, Dreambig! You pose an interesting question, one that has many answers. The first thing that comes to mind is to not behave irresponsibly. Everyone makes mistakes, but if you keep making the same bad choices over and over, your parents will think you're not a responsible person. You also must recognize that your parents have been around a lot longer than you have and have already proven themselves to be responsible. If they feel you shouldn't spend that amount of money, you should respect that. After all, they DO have your best interest in mind. And in real life, we don't ALWAYS get what we want, no matter how badly we crave it. :)

P.S. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth.
  • dreambig102dreambig102 Posts: 345
    edited 14.03.2015
    Thanks for your help farmer john
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 14.03.2015
    I just wanted to add that you have an opportunity to show your parents that you ARE a responsible person in this case by shopping around to get the absolute LOWEST price available for what you want and then showing them how much you can save for that particular item. That shows them that you are responsible with money. And to a parent, that's a good thing. :)
    edited 14.03.2015
    Yeah I already look everywhere the lowest priced is 90 dollars but I will take your advice about saving up thanks again :)
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 15.03.2015
    As a parent I have to ask, is $90 the actual cost, or are there additional costs? Since you aren't being specific. Examples include (Though not necessarily for $90), insurance/gas for cars, food/maintenance for animals, cleaning/health issues for body modifications, etc.

The amount of responsibility required wholly depends on the object desired, not the dollar amount. If its possible to get a cheaper facsimile that you can 'take care of' for a period of time. That's one possible solution.

-Y
    edited 15.03.2015
    yakosha it was a doll but my parents said I could not get it at all it was a very realistic doll that I wanted

(please do not judge me for playing with dolls :()
  • edited 15.03.2015
    Well, for just a doll, even if it is realistic, 90$ is a lot. :) It may not just be a matter of responsibility.

I personally would buy a box of book or something else.
    edited 16.03.2015
    Thanks for you reply grey cat.

And I know a lot of people would chose something completely different then a doll but I'm different from other people. :)

Again thanks for you answer! :)

~dreambig10~
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 18.03.2015

I played with dolls when I was younger & I loved them! I have two boys so I just play with legos now. :D

Have you asked your parents if you can do chores around the house to earn some money? What about setting up a lemonade stand or something?
  • edited 18.03.2015
    jess_d wrote: »
    I played with dolls when I was younger & I loved them! I have two boys so I just play with legos now. :D

Have you asked your parents if you can do chores around the house to earn some money? What about setting up a lemonade stand or something?

Depends on if you have to pay taxes on money earned at a lemonade stand in your state. Some states do that...
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 19.03.2015
    yakosha it was a doll but my parents said I could not get it at all it was a very realistic doll that I wanted

Is their reasoning that you don't take care of the dolls you have? Or is it the realism of the doll that bothers them? Dolls are absolutely a part of growing up (I guess its gender specific but shouldn't be). In fact they can be a great way to judge a child's sense of responsibility.

Were I you, I'd recommend showing how well you take care of your current dolls over time, to show them how well you would take care of an extra special doll.

-Y
  • edited 19.03.2015
    So let me put in my two cents about this, first off, Hi Everyone!
    You probably know me as Space, but I am also DreamBig's older sister.

See Dream has plenty of money to buy this doll, and it is not the fact that she plays with dolls that bother our parents. And they know she takes very good care of them, you could say she takes too good care of them.

The reason my parents will not let her get this doll is because they would not be very responsible parents if they let there 12 year old daughter buy a $90 doll.

What my sister does not understand is that my parents have made up there mind, and their decision is not going to change. She is not going to be getting this $90 doll.

And honestly it is not like she needs it, she already has three baby dolls, two 18 inch dolls (and is getting a 3rd for her birthday), and don't even get me started with the stuffed animals.

Well I hope that shines some light on this subject.

~Space~
    edited 19.03.2015
    So let me put in my two cents about this, first off, Hi Everyone!
    You probably know me as Space, but I am also DreamBig's older sister.

See Dream has plenty of money to buy this doll, and it is not the fact that she plays with dolls that bother our parents. And they know she takes very good care of them, you could say she takes too good care of them.

The reason my parents will not let her get this doll is because they would not be very responsible parents if they let there 12 year old daughter buy a $90 doll.

What my sister does not understand is that my parents have made up there mind, and their decision is not going to change. She is not going to be getting this $90 doll.

And honestly it is not like she needs it, she already has three baby dolls, two 18 inch dolls (and is getting a 3rd for her birthday), and don't even get me started with the stuffed animals.

Well I hope that shines some light on this subject.

~Space~

Thanks a lot space I knew that I wrote this before they said "no" I thought you would know that by reading the rest of the comment... but I guest not.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 19.03.2015
    It is not right to have an opinion on whether or not your parents should let you buy this doll, its a matter for your family & we don`t really know enough about why your parents have said no, to say whether that is a good or bad decision.

What I will say is that there are far more expensive interests that a 12 year old could get in to, nothing for kids is cheap & from earlier posts on this forum, it is clear that Dream is a very creative 12 year old, with a great imagination & playing with dolls is a very good way of expressing that. Have you tried making models, paintings, drawings or your dolls Dream? There are many very lucrative careers for talented artists, in the field of gaming & movies, who probably started out playing obsessively with dolls, action figures & other such toys.

Space says that you are getting a doll for your birthday, maybe your parents would get you the one that you want if you offer to pay the difference in price... Just a thought. Perhaps they think you need to get out more, you could try joining some sort of arts & crafts classes or some other way to channel your obvious creative streak. Sometimes in life, when one door closes, another one opens...Be happy! :thumbsup:
    edited 19.03.2015
    Thanks scissors no I asked for the 18 inch doll for my birthday since they won't let me get the baby doll but thanks anyway.

Well its all over and I can't do anything to change there minds. :( but u know life will go on and it is just a doll. :)

Thanks for all of you comments.

And scissors I get out a lot. :) so I don't think its that :) lolz! Thanks anyway

P.s. anyone whos wants to come see my profile I finally finished writing the biography part . please tell me what you think.
    edited 20.03.2015
    Dreambig, I'm sorry you weren't able to get the doll you wanted. :( Don't think you're too old to play with dolls. I stopped playing with dolls & barbies when I was 13 years old (I'm 30 now) because I thought "well I'm a teen now & probably shouldn't play with dolls anymore" but honestly, once you grow up life goes by faster & faster. Enjoy being young & cherish every moment you get to play with your dolls. One day you'll be grown & may be wishing you could be 12 years old again.

I looked at your biography on your profile & it looks great! :thumbsup:
    edited 20.03.2015
    thank you so much jess for your inspirational post that was very thoughtful :)
    edited 20.03.2015
    You're welcome! I wish you the best! :D
    edited 20.03.2015
    thank you very much :)

Please keep my bff in your prayers she's going through a rough time in her life right now
This discussion has been closed.