Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Criticism: Sick and Tired

PaPaw3 (US1)PaPaw3 (US1) US1 Posts: 28
OK...so I post some criticism in a thread and the thread was moved but its nowhere in the thread it was moved to. Guess GGS didn't want people to see what I had to say, so I'm gonna post a new thread and see what happens.

First off, I've played this game for over 1.5 years. I used to really like this game and spent quite a bit of real money buying gold.

Over the time playing, I've noticed that GGS has really gotten greedy and I've seen a trend of them not caring for us players. There's been lots of complaints about bugs that still have not been addressed other than them saying they are working on it or doing update "bug fixes" which is a total crock.

This game seems to gotten away from its title, Big Farm. It seems to me that its all about horses and the islands. In my opinion, its just another way for GGS to get more people to buy gold. It also seems that every new update has more ways to do the same thing...get people to buy gold. Now people can pay to cheat (in my opion) which is totally unfair to people who either choose not to buy gold or can't afford it.

So I've decided that GGS will not get another dime from me. In fact, I'm to the point where I'm either going to sell my farm or just demolish everything and donate to a worthy co-op. I'm sure I'll get some who will disagree with me or not like what I say but just remember, its MY opinion and I'm entitled to it. This is the "Suggestions, praise and CRITICISM" part of the forum.

Now lets see if my posting gets moved or deleted this time.
Post edited by PaPaw3 (US1) on

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 26.02.2015
    I hate to admit it, but this is no longer the same game that I first fell in love with. Change is good, but only if the change is for the better. :(
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 26.02.2015
    ...and sadly GGS does not care about anyone's opinion!!! Money talks and that's how they listen! :thumbdown:
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 26.02.2015
    Don't like it, don't play (or pay). Plenty of other games out there. Why waste all this energy and time complaining?
  • PaPaw3 (US1)PaPaw3 (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    edited 26.02.2015
    rhinana wrote: »
    Don't like it, don't play (or pay). Plenty of other games out there. Why waste all this energy and time complaining?

LOL...complaining about people complaining. Love it!
  • lois larner (AU1)lois larner (AU1) Posts: 198
    edited 26.02.2015

thats all well and good saying that....but when i started playing this strategy farming game....it WAS a strategy farming game.....no there is so much other stuff that takes away and lessens the game in my opinion......
    Where is the strategy?????
    Missions....dont do them anymore because i always play by myself and i can never get the one i want.....dont want to hold onto eggs for 3 hours waiting for a egg mission... but if i collect eggs from my ducks next mission will always be eggs.....same with dung....held onto all my dung producing critters for over 3 hours and no dung mission....so collect dung and next mission is dung...
    now if i dont want to wast 30 - 50 mission+ $$$$$ on island which i dont.....then horses which are still a lump of un-animated things waiting for the glue factory because they very rarely win because i dont have fruit from glasshouse to waste on upgrading them to loose more.....because to me the island is not worth doing at all

This Is A COMPLAINTS part of the forum....we are allowed to complain when the game changes so far away from the game we started playing

Now you have library books to increase yields....farm machines to increase production......special hot deals to buy rep points and gain bonuses to fast track your way through the game....
    GGS took away our top selling items that made up money and then offered you to buy gold to get some of that farm cash you were making before.
    if you dont play the game exactly like ggs wants you too then they chance the rules to force you along the path they think you should be on.....

PS bad programming is causing this game to continually crash and blaming it on us players for not clearing history, cach etc etc 8 time a day is not exactly nice either
  • legobego2x2legobego2x2 Posts: 4
    edited 27.02.2015
    I wish they would put it back the way it was a year ago. ALL this new stuff is what I dislike [Please watch your language | Nafaru]
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 27.02.2015
    I agree with you. However.... I find it challenging to play free. I started doing that only when the flat out refuse to put any kind of gold lock, or warning note your about to spend. They seem to like to shake out our pockets. They got some money out of me but won't get one cent more.
    I keep my pockets empty here. Anything I buy came from waiting until the game handed me enough to buy it with. And if I lose it clicking on something by mistake, it didn't really cost me anything.

I don't play the library thing. I don't even pay attention to those market guys that show up. I do not buy deco.
    I only very rarely spend anything while doing a mission. It's got to be real close or forget it. I don't have to be first.

The whole horse thing is confusing and never was much fun. I gave that up before they even finished with it.
    (Never a good thing to roll something out broken. They lost me right out of the gate.)

The island? Well since my farms are all such high levels, earning money isn't that hard. If I have it stashed up I'll attempt the island. Sadly for me, I've had to make week long out of town trips so not once did I stand a chance of getting anything past chapter 1. Oh well. I get enough to stock up on seeds so the ship doesn't have to sit there for hours.

I like the coops I'm in. The people there are fun.

There is enough here to play without spending. If the kids (and I'm sure they are just interns who don't really care) who are designing this game ever wake up and read all the posts here about all this, it would improve.
    But they don't, haven't, and are not likely to start. So the choices are....
    Play free, enjoy what you can,
    or move on.
  • Mary MoMary Mo Posts: 2
    edited 27.02.2015
    I 100% agree with you.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 27.02.2015
    I hate to admit it, but this is no longer the same game that I first fell in love with. Change is good, but only if the change is for the better. :(
    I feel the same way! This game isn't what it use to be at all. So many things have changed & now what was a fun loving game seems to be a full time job. I'm still hanging in there because of the people in our co-op. Otherwise I would have been gone a while ago. In my 2 years here, I have seen a lot of good players leave & unfortunately there will be more....
    Yet you continue to waste your time & energy complaining about people complaining..:rolleyes: We are allowed to post criticism here, ya know?
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 27.02.2015
    I agree! GGS wont be getting a dime from me either until they have a good look at themselves and stop tainting competitions with short cut offers. I am now on my 6th 200% gold offer for the day, it reaks of desperation so please stop demeaning yourselves with stupid offers and listen to your customers for a change.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 27.02.2015
    Arzie3 wrote: »
    OK...so I post some criticism in a thread and the thread was moved but its nowhere in the thread it was moved to. Guess GGS didn't want people to see what I had to say, so I'm gonna post a new thread and see what happens.

Hi Arzie,

I checked for your missing post & it would appear that you posted at the same time as the threads were merged. When that happens, your post doesn`t make it to the new thread & as the original thread no longer exists it is left in the Twilight Zone. I have now moved it to join the other posts & you can find it here (post #60)

Sorry for the confusion, but we have no way of knowing when this happens, unless we see someone looking for a missing post.

Regards
    Wabbit
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 27.02.2015
    now if i dont want to wast 30 - 50 mission+ $$$$$ on island which i dont.....then horses which are still a lump of un-animated things waiting for the glue factory because they very rarely win because i dont have fruit from glasshouse to waste on upgrading them to loose more.....because to me the island is not worth doing at all

Someone in my coop made gold league in the horse competition without doing a single island, so it is possible :)
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 28.02.2015

One of these days SOON most likely, GG$ will do something that upsets you. Thats when we will know that they are about to pull the plug. You will be swamped, literally drowning in all the sympathy. Sympathy from all the many, many players you have complained about them complaining. No doubt of that at all! ROFL.

Hardly anyone is as perfect as you. But since you did ask, most people feel better expressing emotions when experiencing loss. Thats whats happened. There has been loss. Loss of the game we started out playing.
  • pepper8662pepper8662 Posts: 1
    edited 28.02.2015
    It seems this is happening in every GGS game, they are just getting greedy. I am not as active here as GGE, but from what you guys are saying it looks like GGS is doing it here too. I used to love playing this games, but now I am hardly active on BF at all. They give me +150% deals all the time too, looks like they are trying to make every penny they can get.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 28.02.2015
    Hi Arzie,

I checked for your missing post & it would appear that you posted at the same time as the threads were merged. When that happens, your post doesn`t make it to the new thread & as the original thread no longer exists it is left in the Twilight Zone. I have now moved it to join the other posts & you can find it here (post #60)

Sorry for the confusion, but we have no way of knowing when this happens, unless we see someone looking for a missing post.

Regards
    Wabbit

Always some excuse [Please watch your language | Nafaru], WTF our posts and comments are moved around so much, or is it for the very reason for it to go "missing" . Its funny how we time it at the same time its moved, wish I was as lucky with the lottery
  • xoandreasxoandreas Posts: 8
    edited 01.03.2015
    I like how there was no mention of hearing her complaints out. No comments or reply to all the players begging for the game to go back to the old way. Sad. Truly sad.
  • xoandreasxoandreas Posts: 8
    edited 01.03.2015
    The horse portion of this game is a total sham. I have a horse at level 23 and players with a horse on level 30 is beating me out? Yeah that seems real fun or fair.
    This sucks huge!
  • AmyandMattAmyandMatt Posts: 27
    edited 01.03.2015
    Yes, I really miss my other game from GGS is Farmer. That game brought me so Happiness in my LIFE. And I wish that they put it on their data on their computers. One time when I was playing the event of fairy tale event and I was at the 5th task and I was almost done with it. That next morning the time was ended. And I was so upset by that. I was about to do the 6th task. But I know how you guys feel with the gold and horses all that stuff as well. And I wish that my America people take GGS company away from Germany people. LOL! Because right now I can't STOP thinking about that game I use to play called ( Goodgame Farmer ). This is the face I miss my game of ( GoodgameFarmer ) <
    :( ( PLEASE GGS PLEASE BRING BACK GOODGAME FARMER BACK I'M BEGGING YOU ON MY KNEES ). And bring it on your data. Because I have so much good ideas on that farmer game on my farm. And you stolen my dreams from that Goodgame Farmer. And you made everybody upset on here.
  • AmyandMattAmyandMatt Posts: 27
    edited 01.03.2015
    What do you mean by the old way? LOL! Because I just wondering on that as well.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 01.03.2015
    Pameow wrote: »
    One of these days SOON most likely, GG$ will do something that upsets you. Thats when we will know that they are about to pull the plug. You will be swamped, literally drowning in all the sympathy. Sympathy from all the many, many players you have complained about them complaining. No doubt of that at all! ROFL.

Hardly anyone is as perfect as you. But since you did ask, most people feel better expressing emotions when experiencing loss. Thats whats happened. There has been loss. Loss of the game we started out playing.

Well said!! :thumbsup:
    AmyandMatt wrote: »
    Yes, I really miss my other game from GGS is Farmer. That game brought me so Happiness in my LIFE. And I wish that they put it on their data on their computers. One time when I was playing the event of fairy tale event and I was at the 5th task and I was almost done with it. That next morning the time was ended. And I was so upset by that. I was about to do the 6th task. But I know how you guys feel with the gold and horses all that stuff as well. And I wish that my America people take GGS company away from Germany people. LOL! Because right now I can't STOP thinking about that game I use to play called ( Goodgame Farmer ). This is the face I miss my game of ( GoodgameFarmer ) <
    :( ( PLEASE GGS PLEASE BRING BACK GOODGAME FARMER BACK I'M BEGGING YOU ON MY KNEES ). And bring it on your data. Because I have so much good ideas on that farmer game on my farm. And you stolen my dreams from that Goodgame Farmer. And you made everybody upset on here.

Sorry but Goodgame Farmer was shut down & replaced with Big Farm. I played Farmer for a short while before it was shut down. I can't say why GGS chose to shut it down but if I had to guess it would be because they came up with a better idea and graphics for a farming game & it was easier to scrap the old game & create a new one. Honestly, I like Big Farm better than Farmer for several reasons but since this thread isn't about that I won't go on.
    xoandreas wrote: »
    I like how there was no mention of hearing her complaints out. No comments or reply to all the players begging for the game to go back to the old way. Sad. Truly sad.

I don't recall seeing players begging for the game to go back to the old way. I have seen players make comments about how the game is now vs the way it was before. I, myself said it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the whole farm environment disappeared & we went back to the original game but when we had the original game we kept asking for more & more so here we are. GGS has had many updates & added many many new features to the game. I don't see them deleting all of their efforts & going back to the old way anytime soon. ;)
  • tinyandme (US1)tinyandme (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    edited 01.03.2015
    I post some criticism in a thread and the Moderators always delete it. It looks like they cant here the truth about there money hungry game. But i do love the drop down box. Tell us what you think. And boy i always let them have a ear full. For the game a year ago was a hole lot better not all this stuff [Please watch your language | Nafaru] that going on in the game now.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 02.03.2015
    tinyandme wrote: »
    I post some criticism in a thread and the Moderators always delete it. It looks like they cant here the truth about there money hungry game. But i do love the drop down box. Tell us what you think. And boy i always let them have a ear full. For the game a year ago was a hole lot better not all this stuff [Please watch your language | Nafaru] that going on in the game now.

Hey tinyandme,

criticism, if constructive, is always welcome. As a matter of fact, I don't see any recently removed posts of yours in our logs. 8|

Anyways, in terms of you guys wanting more farm-ish features in the future, I will definitely forward your feedback and we'll see what we can do. It might take a while, but we still have some surprises up our sleeves. :)

Regards,
    Steffi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file