Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Multiple Accounts

Leoca (US1)Leoca (US1) Posts: 13
We share a computer, so is it OK to have individual accounts for Big Farm? I read the Terms & Conditions. Seems to me to only imply that the same person can't have more than one account. But what about individuals sharing a PC? Please help ;(
Post edited by Leoca (US1) on

Comments

• Hypatia6Hypatia6 Posts: 48
    edited 18.02.2015
    Leoca wrote: »
    We share a computer, so is it OK to have individual accounts for Big Farm? I read the Terms & Conditions. Seems to me to only imply that the same person can't have more than one account. But what about individuals sharing a PC? Please help ;(

Having more then 1 account per server isn't allowed. If you have 2 people in the same house on the same server you need to write support to let them know.
  • Yon Beast (US1)Yon Beast (US1) Posts: 60
    edited 18.02.2015
    Since in game merchandise cannot be swapped between players...I certainly don't see the issue.

My wife and I share the same IP address...not the same computer...but I would think 'they' can only see addies.

I'm sure many couples that play would be sharing the same ip address.

It would be great if someone that knew would weigh in.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 18.02.2015
    Yon Beast wrote: »
    Since in game merchandise cannot be swapped between players...I certainly don't see the issue.

My wife and I share the same IP address...not the same computer...but I would think 'they' can only see addies.

I'm sure many couples that play would be sharing the same ip address.

It would be great if someone that knew would weigh in.

I don't pretend to know how GGS determines when a player is playing multiple accounts on the same server, but it would be wise for anyone who has more than one account on the same server originating at the same IP address to do as Hypatia6 suggests and notify Support that you have other family members playing. That way you'll at least get some acknowledgement from Support as to what your status is so that they know for sure. It seems to me to be a simple thing to do in order that you're not blocked from your farms by mistake.
  • Leoca (US1)Leoca (US1) Posts: 13
    edited 18.02.2015
    Thank you guys for your response. I did inform Support. Still waiting for a response. What brought all this on is that my husband created a new account recently. We had been running our individual farms from the same pc & server for about a year now with no issues. His new farm raised concern from one of his co-op members. I hope to get a positive response from support soon. Based on input it may seem that the issue is multiple farms on the same server, not pc. Fingers crossed 8|
  • JustMe (AU1)JustMe (AU1) Posts: 170
    edited 18.02.2015
    if you have time please post what you find out
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 19.02.2015
    Leoca wrote: »
    Thank you guys for your response. I did inform Support. Still waiting for a response. What brought all this on is that my husband created a new account recently. We had been running our individual farms from the same pc & server for about a year now with no issues. His new farm raised concern from one of his co-op members. I hope to get a positive response from support soon. Based on input it may seem that the issue is multiple farms on the same server, not pc. Fingers crossed 8|

You will get a response from support that your info. is on file. This has been others experience that I have walked through making sure they report that they have two people on the same server in the same household.

• Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 19.02.2015
    It depends on what you mean by "more than one farm." I'm not quite sure of what you mean. To be clear, it doesn't matter if you have more than one farm on the same computer. What matters is how many farms you have on the same server. Leoca, if you are on the server US1 (United States/North America server) and your husband is on i.e. EN1 (English server), then you're fine. :) When you signed up, you signed into the US1 server; I'm assuming your husband signed onto a different one? If not, see my next paragraph. ;)

As long as the rules haven't changed in the last several months, one individual person could have a farm on every single server if they wanted... but only one farm. More than one farm on one server means multiple accounts, and that's where you would need to let support know that it's not a multi-account, but two different people playing on the same server.

I have a farm on US1 and used to have one on EN1... but I really didn't want that second one after all. It was perfectly legal to have, but one farm is plenty for me, thank you very much! lol. ;) I never bought gold on it, so I stayed out and it was eventually deleted from inactivity. Anyway, it's good that you asked support about it to clear up any confusion you may feel! :) I hope they'll get an answer back to you soon. :)
  • MJs MeadowsMJs Meadows Posts: 44
    edited 19.02.2015
    Hi - my husband and I both play this game..and we each have two accounts. One on US and one on AU. We contacted support as we added the accounts. They requested some information from us...which we provided..and neither of us have ever had a problem. My recommendation to anyone who has asked me has always been - play it safe, contact support. It is much easier to send a ticket and a follow up message to provide the information they request...than to get banned from the game and then try to work things out.

Just a thought
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 19.02.2015
    One server, one farm, one person. Here's how it works in practice for those of us with family/significant others playing from the same place:

-If your husband wants another farm he needs to choose a different server and play on two servers.

-If he wants for some reason to start over, he has to write to support asking to close the farm he doesn't want to play anymore.

-Regardless of what you two do, you need to write to support and let them know you're two separate people planning to play from the same house, just in case. They'll ask you to provide real names of you and everyone that plays from the same location, as well as everyone's in-game names and what relationship they have to each other (brother, sister, significant other etc.). I was told this is because they make a small note next to you in their account data of your situation, so that when they notice "double farms" they know you're o.k. to have 2 and won't insta-ban either of you when they check for multiaccounters.

This is how it worked with me and my fiance. ^-^ Don't be afraid of support, they're very nice and understanding.
  • how do you create another account without deleting your first account?
  • how do you create another account without deleting your first account?
    @coolson2345 (US1) On the login screen at the bottom, you just change the server from United States 1 to International 1 or you can change the flag to get the server for that country instead. If you want your game to be in English, you can choose the flag for UK, US, Australia or India. Once you have changed the server you just use the large box in the middle of the login screen to create your account on that server. You can use the same login info for all of your farms if you want to, though if you do use exactly the same name on each it can be difficult to tell which farm any emails are for.

Once your new farm is created, you can switch between them by selecting the server & then using the small login box on the right.
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 21.02.2017
    Hi - my husband and I both play this game..and we each have two accounts. One on US and one on AU. We contacted support as we added the accounts. They requested some information from us...which we provided..and neither of us have ever had a problem. My recommendation to anyone who has asked me has always been - play it safe, contact support. It is much easier to send a ticket and a follow up message to provide the information they request...than to get banned from the game and then try to work things out.

Just a thought
    Exactly, my old man and myself have to use the same computer, ip address.. but we did let support know at the beginning. Friends also visit and play their farms, sometimes on the computer sometimes on a lap top. A neighbour played for a while using our wi-fi so I suppose she used our Ip address. I cannot really see the issue.... more players... more gold bought ! more players.. higher up the rankings goes GGS.   o:)
    Opps the original post, not being able to log onto the forum, I and others have had problems for ages, log in and it tells us to log in  ? ? then have to insert e mail addy , password and change server to uk BUT sometimes that will not log me in, I see a "notice" log in through our community.... or something like that. So 3 signing in's before I get signed in. THEN i can be reading a post and notice that I need to sign in ! ! That is when I know its time for some lemonade with fresh lemons  o:)
  • usman7 (INT1)usman7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 5
    edited 22.04.2020
    hi i am from international server 
    actually i am not best in english
      a player is messaging to my friend with multiple accounts and hating him my friend level is 253 she is a good player 
    plz watch this

ban him with his ip address

*edited* No naming please
    Post edited by TiminuTufu (FormerMod) on
    edited 22.04.2020
    plz ban these all plz 

*Edited* : No Naming Please
    edited 22.04.2020
    plz GGS help to we he is messaging

*Edited*: No Naming Please
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 22.04.2020
    plz GGS help to we he is messaging
    Put the player on ignore or block to stop receiving his mail/messages
    Send this to support no one here can help you with this!!
     Also name shaming is not allowed in posts or threads

*Edited* : Removed Picture of Naming
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    Well Data KIng in this case it may be the best that ALL the forum users knows what kind of mesages they can expect from certain so-called players. I think when somebody insults and using that words to a player it is no problem when the make the name of that player or accounts public.

And they can block the accounts,but in a few days those persons are having a bunch of new accounts again and they will continue with making others players life miserable.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Well Data KIng in this case it may be the best that ALL the forum users knows what kind of mesages they can expect from certain so-called players. I think when somebody insults and using that words to a player it is no problem when the make the name of that player or accounts public.

And they can block the accounts,but in a few days those persons are having a bunch of new accounts again and they will continue with making others players life miserable.
    Agree but the forum also has it's rules covering Name Shaming 
     Not saying it isn't warranted in this case but one has to remove the name or use PM's to share the name.
     If they/GGS really wanted to block an ip address from gaining access to the site - you can bet they could - but once again greed rears it's ugly head & for a few Gold purchases they are suddenly allowed back.
     Best bet - report with copies of the messages to support - put the players on ignore/block and farm on!!
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    In the rules it is written that we cannot hate somebody,not insult somebody,not using badwords to somebody my list can go on for a while. But when nothing has/can/will be done about it. Then the public punishment is the best. For both ways. First the agressor knows that his/her identity is revealed,Second to let GGS knows that it is a real problem and sometimes those ohhhhhh sooooo holy rules are not functioning,they are working against eachother. Not saying the GGS is not dooing anything against it. The beginning of this year that pinching problem was fast over WITH help from GGS. We only need to shake them awake sometimes before they go over to action
  • Abby_Cadabby (US1)Abby_Cadabby (US1) US1 Posts: 80
    edited 22.04.2020
    I think pointing out name shaming is for the mods only, no reason to embarrass someone.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I know of a player that has at least 7 multiple farms (possibly more) and uses them as a strategy to get ahead in coop events (0 posting together to affect scores of others in missions, self sparkles etc). The GGS awareness/security to this is not as high tech as some assume because the players been getting away with it for a long time.
  • monks (US1)monks (US1) US1 Posts: 594
    I know several people who have mulitiple accounts. Is this wrong? Is it wrong even if there not all in the same co-op?
  • walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    edited 25.04.2020

look a player on international servers has only fertilie field about 120 pcs and not has something other on farm and this is not fair, if this is aviable then is better to do all 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I have a farm on different servers and have come to know that multi-farming is a widespread issue.  I am not out to turn anyone in. But if all the servers have tons of multi-farmers, I can't imagine how the Team could keep up with it all to chase down every suspected multi-farmer, this is probably why many can get away with it for years and years.  I suspect the problem is bigger than the Team can handle. I liken the situation to a vat of floating ping-pong balls where one person is trying to keep 1000 of them submerged. They successfully submerge 150 and 850 more pop up, and so on. 
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 25.04.2020
    The GGS TOS states:

4Specific Terms for the Use of Online and Mobile Games
    4.1The user may only take part in every round (e.g. World, Universe, etc.) of an online game or mobile game using one user account, unless the respective rules of the game allow for exceptions from this. The use of several user accounts by one user is not permitted. Multiuser accounts such as these may be deleted or banned at the reasonable discretion of Goodgame Studios.

In the case of BigFarm "a round" is a server, so a player may have farms on several different servers, but can only have 1 on each. If there is more than 1 player in the same household, each with farms on the same server (which is allowed),  then it is possible that Support will come across it or that another player on the server may report it as suspected multi-accounting & the accounts can get blocked while it is investigated, so if you are in such a situation, you should inform Support yourselves, to avoid the possibility of having your account blocked at an inconvenient time.

As for genuine cases of multi-accounting, nothing will be resolved by reporting it on the forums, you need to inform Support & they DO take it seriously. They cannot discuss actions they take on another account with you, so they will not be able to tell you if it is just a case of same household players or if they have blocked one or more of the accounts, but they are the only ones that can do anything about it & it is to them that this issue should be addressed.

This discussion has been closed.