Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 12 - The Horse Market - Discussion

Post edited by Latten (DE1) on

Comments

• Muddud (INT1)Muddud (INT1) Posts: 29
    edited 11.02.2015
    "The selection of horses available will be generated to be close to the horses already in the players' possession. They will always be of significantly lower level than the player's strongest horse, though"

??????

Pretty vague description from GGS which is unusual for them.

Are the horse to be bought going to be close to the level or quality of our other horses or not?
    If you have only one horse, only one of the above sentences can possibly be correct and the other can only be wrong!!
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 11.02.2015
    Hey Muddud2,

the new horses you can buy certainly won't surpass your current best horse in terms of attributes, breeding value and breeding effects. At least not at the moment you can purchase them.

They will have a significantly lower breeding value to begin with but can be used to breed new horses that might be able to surpass your existing horses in the long run, after some more training and breeding.

They might also be more specialized than your existing horses, with nice breeding effect combinations that are not as much based on luck as the ones of horses you bred yourself.

All in all horse market horses will enable you to breed faster and focus a lot more on getting the perfect attribute combination.

Cheers,
    Steffi
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 11.02.2015
    How%20Much...._zps4qsfpid9.png

I`ll have one of dem, one of dem & 2 of those please,
    make one a spotty one & wrap em all to go!! Spongebob_zpsba2a8721.gif
  • Muddud (INT1)Muddud (INT1) Posts: 29
    edited 11.02.2015
    Thanks for the reply - that answers my query :)

Just about ready to start to breed new horses sometime soon so it is nice to see some new attributes for them.
    It should entice gold spenders to quicken the breeding process - sounds good anyway.

good luck with the update - hope there is no bugs :p
  • djgreeneyes (US1)djgreeneyes (US1) Posts: 1,766
    edited 11.02.2015
    LOL, Scissors! Can't wait to see what this new feature is all about, since I may be in the market for a new horsey ~~ mine keeps losing! Such is life!
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 11.02.2015
    not sure if I'm gonna like this update...
    basically it seems not only horseshoes but also now after this update golden horseshoes will be only wasted on horses to just get very little prize from horse competition? was hoping we actually can win something else than these crappy tournament prizes from golden horseshoes at least... it seems like an almost pointless circle. (like i guessed from the start anyway) and to make it worse, ppl can buy horses with gold too, which will probably be way superior than normal or golden horseshoe horses even, or in other words normal players wont have any chance to win anything "actually" good from the tournament even anyway then.

so let's list it again:

dollar > island/viking dollar > shells/runestones > seeds > fruits > ship load > horseshoes > golden horseshoes > horses > only these crappy tournament prizes every 2 month?!!

this is soooooo much effort for soooo little outcome honestly... and let me guess Almond and Peach special orchards are prizes of Diamond league probably which only again is attainable only by extreme gold users?

I'd say lol you're simply being rude to Majority of your players GGS.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 11.02.2015
    Muddud2 wrote: »

.......It should entice gold spenders to quicken the breeding process ..........

yes of course it entices gold spenders LOL

and it spoils yet another competition. we should stop calling these events "competitions" actually. How can they best be described ? Maybe "GGS begging for players to buy gold, players wanting to be the best, forget it's only a game, no rules if not those which can and must be broken"

• Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 11.02.2015
    Omar. OhMy...

Who is going to look all day long at these random generations? And not quite so random at that, if the best horses are for gold.
    This implementation (reader insert inappropriate word for yourself!).

This game has gone to the dogs, oh right yeah! Horses.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 11.02.2015
    Griffith wrote: »
    .... and to make it worse, ppl can buy horses with gold too, which will probably be way superior than normal or golden horseshoe horses even, or in other words normal players wont have any chance to win anything "actually" good from the tournament even anyway then.

It says you can`t buy horses better than you already have, in fact it says "significantly lower level than the player's strongest horse" which is better than I was expecting. At least someone with gold that has never trained a horse can`t just go buy a winner. It just means you can add horses to breed with your own & improve your bloodlines, I could sure use some improvement in mine lol ^^
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 11.02.2015
    ......which is better than I was expecting. ....

You too were expecting GGS to tamper with the tournament results then, I guess not just you and me, many others already do !!!

• aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 11.02.2015
    One simple question:

Will those horses have a reduced training costs or will they be as hard to train as newbies.
  • Space cat (INT1)Space cat (INT1) INT1 Posts: 54
    edited 11.02.2015
    Griffith wrote: »
    not sure if I'm gonna like this update...
    basically it seems not only horseshoes but also now after this update golden horseshoes will be only wasted on horses to just get very little prize from horse competition? was hoping we actually can win something else than these crappy tournament prizes from golden horseshoes at least... it seems like an almost pointless circle. (like i guessed from the start anyway) and to make it worse, ppl can buy horses with gold too, which will probably be way superior than normal or golden horseshoe horses even, or in other words normal players wont have any chance to win anything "actually" good from the tournament even anyway then.

so let's list it again:

dollar > island/viking dollar > shells/runestones > seeds > fruits > ship load > horseshoes > golden horseshoes > horses > only these crappy tournament prizes every 2 month?!!

this is soooooo much effort for soooo little outcome honestly... and let me guess Almond and Peach special orchards are prizes of Diamond league probably which only again is attainable only by extreme gold users?

I'd say lol you're simply being rude to Majority of your players GGS.

Thanks for speaking my mind. Couldn't agree more. If that really is the whole circle.. oh well.. not gonna care bits about it.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 11.02.2015
    aaabbb1 wrote: »
    One simple question:

Will those horses have a reduced training costs or will they be as hard to train as newbies.

Yes, they will have reduced training costs!

They will require the same amount of training points as a perfectly bred horse of their breeding value (level).
  • GennieS (US1)GennieS (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    edited 11.02.2015
    Make sure you have plenty of insect repellent. They have not fixed the previous bugs yet and they will add more with this update. Infestation is on the way!
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 11.02.2015
    A bit too much to take in, if I'm honest. The whole cycle is about competing with no chance of reaching the top because the top is, always has been and always will be for massive golders (not just any ol' little spenders like me) only, nobody else, in anything.

I'm sorry but this all just seems like a very convoluted and confusing, roundabout way to give big spenders a way to widen the gap while racing for those already slightly meaningless rewards.

Will wait and see of course, as always, but the first impression's negative.
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 11.02.2015
    GennieS wrote: »
    Make sure you have plenty of insect repellent. They have not fixed the previous bugs yet and they will add more with this update. Infestation is on the way!

Agree.....

Updates keep happening and adding new elements to the game but no mention of the bugs/issues/glitches or when they will be fixed; its not like they aren't obvious or recorded. Why not fix the issues that are causing the problems? My horse is constantly taking a season break and to fix this I have to keep refreshing my game clearing my caches/flash/browser to get it off/out of his vacation mode. Which is very annoying.
  • Maryann57 (US1)Maryann57 (US1) Posts: 90
    edited 11.02.2015
    Oh Yes this sounds really good. Can't wait to see what's available for purchase. Thank you GGS.Of course the people that spend the most gold wins but we do the best we can with what we got and that's good enough. I like spending some gold too, I'll see if I can keep up with the big spenders. GGS it would be nice if we could see the ranking of all players. Please!!
  • FilipeczekFilipeczek Posts: 275
    edited 11.02.2015
    The update sounds good. My only concern is about the horses to be sold for gold. Again, the players who use much of gold have more training horseshoes anyway, because they can build a better island farm and a better greenhouse and often have more efficient main farms why add more and more to that? It makes too big difference to players who don't use that much gold or no gold at all.
    Beside that it sounds OK, the horses to buy will just help to speed up the training/breeding process a bit. I wonder what prices they will have. :) And colours, I also wonder what colours will be available :D;)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 11.02.2015
    PCA wrote: »

yes of course it entices gold spenders LOL

and it spoils yet another competition. we should stop calling these events "competitions" actually. How can they best be described ? Maybe "GGS begging for players to buy gold, players wanting to be the best, forget it's only a game, no rules if not those which can and must be broken"

Well, then, let's call these "Fund raising events". :) Although I've never seen horses in streets of Manchester as fundraisers. :)
  • Beaver (US1)Beaver (US1) Posts: 29
    edited 11.02.2015
    I have gone back and forth on what I think about the horses, but I think it can be fun if they can do the following:

1) You can be sleeping and wake up 10 points lower when you went to bed. If you are challenged by another when not logged in and they take away points for losses, you should get points for winning. Don't like how it is one sided. If you win you should get 4 points no matter what

2) I don't like how you cannot "reject" opponents. When you are matched up against someone much better with no hope of winning. I either have to wait to be challenged to lose or challenge them and lose. There should be a "pass" button to pass on horses to race against.

3) 12 "gas" points per race is too much. Make is lower so we can do more races and have more fun

Just my opinion.
    edited 11.02.2015
    Beaver2 wrote: »
    I have gone back and forth on what I think about the horses, but I think it can be fun if they can do the following:

1) You can be sleeping and wake up 10 points lower when you went to bed. If you are challenged by another when not logged in and they take away points for losses, you should get points for winning. Don't like how it is one sided. If you win you should get 4 points no matter what

Errrrrrm ......... are you suggesting that we should lose points whan challenging and not winning? Cause as I read it it's balanced as it is. Your suggestion sounds one sided. To make it balanced again we would have to lose points when actively challenging and not winning. :)
    edited 11.02.2015
    To clear up my post, this is NOT for the Bronze League. This is for the Silver League and higher.

Currently, if you initiate a challenge with a horse and win you gain points and if you lose you lose points (no problem with this).

My problem is if you are challenged by another when you are not even logged into the game, you get 0 points for winning, yet you lose points for losing (-1 for silver, -2 for gold, etc). If they are going to take away points from you for challenges by another, they should reward you points if you win. It is one sided because when you are challenged by another you can only LOSE points and never gain no matter how much you win.
    edited 11.02.2015
    Beaver2 wrote: »
    To clear up my post, this is NOT for the Bronze League. This is for the Silver League and higher.

Currently, if you initiate a challenge with a horse and win you gain points and if you lose you lose points (no problem with this).

My problem is if you are challenged by another when you are not even logged into the game, you get 0 points for winning, yet you lose points for losing (-1 for silver, -2 for gold, etc). If they are going to take away points from you for challenges by another, they should reward you points if you win. It is one sided because when you are challenged by another you can only LOSE points and never gain no matter how much you win.

In Silver and higher leagues:
    You only win points when you challenge and win.
    You only lose points when you are challenged and lose.

Meaning: If you challenge and do not win, you DO NOT lose any points. :)

The bronze is actually one sided as in bronze league you can only win points, but never lose them. One sided in our favour, of course. :)
    edited 11.02.2015
    Oh ok, I was thinking that you also lose points for challenging. That clears things up for me. Thank you.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 11.02.2015
    It says you can`t buy horses better than you already have, in fact it says "significantly lower level than the player's strongest horse" which is better than I was expecting. At least someone with gold that has never trained a horse can`t just go buy a winner. It just means you can add horses to breed with your own & improve your bloodlines, I could sure use some improvement in mine lol ^^

true but only breeding lvl is lower.
    what i meant by superior horses, is legendary horses for gold, but only maybe common or uncommon horses with golden horseshoes. that is what i mean by:
    "ppl can buy horses with gold too, which will probably be way superior than normal or golden horseshoe horses even"
    I'm not sure if you have tried much breeding yet, but let me tell you what, even with lvl 50 horses still ppl (including myself too) haven't been able to breed even quality 2 horses. now imagine from tomorrow we can buy quality 2 with golden shoes, but gold players easily buy quality 6 or max with some gold easily. then even if we kill ourselves to train and reach lvl 100 horses(cap) and waste so many horseshoes to breed and breed and breed and fail in improving quality, still our horses will be significantly weaker than gold legendary horses...
    and since the competition is player vs player anyway, we'll be constantly in huge disadvantage due to this. which basically ruins the purpose of tournament same as that hot deal did in co-op challenge(ok maybe not as awful as that one, but still pretty close)

but but but... let's not get distracted from the most important matter, this update basically is making golden horseshoes useless too. which completes the cycle and means only prizes we ever gonna get from so much trouble even is *up to gold league* or if super lucky *up to platnium league* prizes.
    that means like 400 gold+5 mystery box per 2 month (or +3 token +1 gold license if super lucky) the rest of prizes are almost crap anyway.
    and thats assuming the event runs continously every 2 month, so now question is:
    is this little prize even worth so much effort honestly?
    can't even make 1 gold house lvl 5 in 1 year with this...
  • Horse-Love-EmmzHorse-Love-Emmz Posts: 1
    edited 12.02.2015
    I think it is the greatest idea wet. It would be a true farming game, :)
  • walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    edited 12.02.2015
    the connection to the server was interrupted please try to reconnect

why ?
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 12.02.2015
    BIGFARM782 wrote: »
    the connection to the server was interrupted please try to reconnect

why ?
    there is a update being done
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 12.02.2015
    All horse offers I got need both golden shoes and gold. :S
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 12.02.2015
    Well here are my first 3 offers.. I have to say, underwhelming.

I currently have a lvl 7 stable, with 4 horses in it breeding levels: 72, 47, 42, 27

Here are my market offers:
    BL: 29, +4 Endurance, no quality: Cost: 65,698 Golden Horseshoes, 4,445 Gold
    BL: 7 , no breeding effects, Uncommon: Cost: 4,187 gold
    BL: 18, +2 agility, no quality: Cost: 30,000 GHs, 79 gold

No thanks, I'll pass.

-Y

Edit: After taking a moment to analyze... I understand two of the offers... the first one, lvl 29... would be perfect for breeding my 27 who will cap out at 29. Thus saving me the need to make another 29 from scratch. My highest quality is 2. Thus I understand the 2nd one. Its probably the cheapest breeding quality 2 the game offers (or close to it) making it tempting in that regard. The 3rd one I can see no use for in anyway shape or form. That said. I am still not tempted to make any purchases.
Sign In to comment.