Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Breeding & Training - Help, instructions & Tips

Comments

• Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 25.01.2015
    I'd say yes on the training, but here's how you can check. Go to the breeding page, and look at the potential foal. The three % numbers, like -47% or -90% etc. Will tell you what your discount will be on future trainings. Work from there.

As for the 2 horses breeding value of 20, I don't know, and its kind of an inefficient place to breed unless neither horse has a Breeding effect, or a Breeding quality level. Is there anyway to get your 22 to 25s, then it would be worth getting the 14 to 15.

-Y
  • LCCGamer (US1)LCCGamer (US1) US1 Posts: 27
    edited 27.01.2015
    question is, if i breed them and get another horse, I'm assuming my 2 horses will disappear and I'll be left with one new one....will this still register on the fit for breeding task or will it go back to 0/2 horses with breeding value of level 20?
    hope I made that an understandable question :)
    Thanks
    If you breed a horse and it's level drops then it will no longer count as having had the previous breeding level if the task comes up after it lost it's level.
    (It's late, not sure that sentence makes sense :))
    eg I had a level 30+ horse. bred it to an under 30 level. Task came up to have one horse over level 30. I had to train it up again for it to count.
  • Agons000 (AU1)Agons000 (AU1) Posts: 39
    edited 27.01.2015
    Latten wrote: »
    Here's the light: The quest description is wrong. It should be "Have 2 horses with quality 2". The counter 1/2 simply counts the horses.

(The quality can be increased by breeding, influenced by the horse level and quality of the parents)

edit: Wait, I'm probably wrong. Darnit.

edit2: I just lost one Euro and the correct reply is: The quest description is fine, the 1/2 counts the quality level.

Latten, now that you're here, can you please tell me exactly what you meant by "(The quality can be increased by breeding, influenced by the horse level and quality of the parents)". Does this mean that if I keep breeding horses with low breeding values (let's say 10), it will EVENTUALLY increase its quality and there is always a chance of it increasing its quality? It's just that the higher the breeding value of the horse, the more likely the quality will increase, right?
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 27.01.2015
    Agons0002 wrote: »
    Latten, now that you're here, can you please tell me exactly what you meant by "(The quality can be increased by breeding, influenced by the horse level and quality of the parents)". Does this mean that if I keep breeding horses with low breeding values (let's say 10), it will EVENTUALLY increase its quality and there is always a chance of it increasing its quality? It's just that the higher the breeding value of the horse, the more likely the quality will increase, right?

No, if you keep continueing breeding level 10 horses, nothing will change. The rarity/quality of a horse will rise from 1 to 6, depending on the level and quality of the parent horses. So don't just breed any horse, but make sure they are properly leveled and on a similar level before breeding, to get the most out of it. Also make sure at least one of the parents is only one quality level below the quality level you want to achieve.
    edited 27.01.2015
    I just bred a 49/49/49 with a 48/48/48. There was no chance of a breeding quality increase. I reversed them in the box (because that sometimes causes a change in the 'chance of a breeding quality increase' notification.

I now have a quality level 2 horse. Seems like there is definitely a bug (or display bug) in the breeding/breeding quality display.

-Y
  • LeaderTracy2LeaderTracy2 Posts: 21
    edited 27.01.2015
    Hi Latten, I have the side task (have 1 horse with breeding quality level 1) I don't know what to do and the more I read the more i'm getting confused. I dont know if my horses are ready to breed and i can finish this task. Can i ask you to please help me?
    This is what I have on my horses
    Horse 1 - breeding value 29 - breeding effects 1 elegance +4
    Horse 2 - breeding value 20 - breeding effects 0
    Horse 3 - breeding value 14 - breeding effects 0
    If i breed horse 1 and 2 it will give a new horse with breeding value of 24
    training points strength 25 - training points agility 26 - training points endurance 22
    strength -93% -agility -95% - endurance -95%
    ? +1 random breeding effect
    I have a stable at level 3 and I can upgrade it to level 4 if i must
    my ?'s is
    1. Will I be able to do this side task with the horses i have now?
    2. Which horses do i breed together?
    3. Do I level up all my horses up to level 30 before I breed them?
    4. Or do I upgrade the stable and have 4 horses at level 10 and keep breeding at that level?
    5. What level is the best to breed at?
    6. do both horse need to be on the same level to breed them?

Many Thanks
    leadertracy
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 29.01.2015
    Hi Latten, I have the side task (have 1 horse with breeding quality level 1) I don't know what to do and the more I read the more i'm getting confused. I dont know if my horses are ready to breed and i can finish this task. Can i ask you to please help me?
    This is what I have on my horses
    Horse 1 - breeding value 29 - breeding effects 1 elegance +4
    Horse 2 - breeding value 20 - breeding effects 0
    Horse 3 - breeding value 14 - breeding effects 0
    If i breed horse 1 and 2 it will give a new horse with breeding value of 24
    training points strength 25 - training points agility 26 - training points endurance 22
    strength -93% -agility -95% - endurance -95%
    ? +1 random breeding effect
    I have a stable at level 3 and I can upgrade it to level 4 if i must
    my ?'s is
    1. Will I be able to do this side task with the horses i have now?
    2. Which horses do i breed together?
    3. Do I level up all my horses up to level 30 before I breed them?
    4. Or do I upgrade the stable and have 4 horses at level 10 and keep breeding at that level?
    5. What level is the best to breed at?
    6. do both horse need to be on the same level to breed them?

Many Thanks
    leadertracy

Hi Tracy,

Here is what I suggest.

1. First upgrade your stable to be able to add another horse.
    2. Add another horse and train it to lvl 13 or 14.
    3. Breed this new horse with the other lvl 14 horse
    4. Train this foe to lvl 20, 21
    5. Breed this foe with your lvl 20 horse. Now you have a lvl 20 foe and lvl 29 horse.
    6. Train a foe to arroud lvl 30 (or little more) and breed it with 29 horse. You are left with one lvl 30 horse. Train the horse.
    7. Dont worry about the side task to much. It can be fulfilled in one of breedings or not. It is a random effect. you will complete it
    sooner or later in one of breedings.

Some tips about horse breednigs:
    1. Try to breed horses of the same level.
    2. There is an ideal window of breeding. Look how much training points you need for the next level. Untill training points for the next level increase for one or two points in comparismet with the previous level, its not time to breed, but when they start to incease more rapidly that you shoud consider breeding. The alternative is to look to reduction in training points (these -93% ....). When they jump to arroud 70%-80%, its time to breed.
    3. Approximate breeding windows are therefore around level 13 (lvl up or down), around 25, around 37, ...
    So you train two horses to lvl 13, then breed, you thrain another couple of horses to lvl 13 and breed. Now you have two foals of lvl 13. You breed them and train to lvl 25 and then breed.Then train this horse to level 37. Make another 37 horse this way and breed the two. Train the foal to 50....

Hope I made it clear. Please ask more questions if you do not understand my explanation.
  • AlanLeader (AU1)AlanLeader (AU1) Posts: 35
    edited 30.01.2015
    how do you get the horse to 2 breeding levels . we cant seem to work it out
    edited 30.01.2015
    Yeah, I was 0-10 trying before I got it. There may be a display issue with it. As several other people have noticed they got a lvl 2 quality horse by breeding horses that did not show "a chance for breeding quality increase". This turned out to be the case for me on lucky try #11. The pieces of advice I used were this:

Breed two horses close to each other in level... and

The breeding effects levels are 10, 20, 35 etc. The higher you are over that, the higher your chance of a quality increase.

Thus, I bred two 19/19/19's together (with no listed chance of a quality increase.) and I got my 2. Could be blind luck, but that was my experience.
    Keep in mind too, that at least one of your horses (if not both... both of mine did) has to be quality 1.

Good luck.

-Y
  • cheryl3 (GB1)cheryl3 (GB1) Posts: 28
    edited 31.01.2015
    Is it just me or is this ridiculously over complicated?
    edited 31.01.2015
    Only for those who are into the behind the scenes workings. In truth its no more complicated than this:

1) You train your horses until they seem too difficult to train. (More than 4000 horseshoes per level on regular, or whatever you decide.)
    2) Always race against George, Tessa, and Lester when you can (losing doesn't matter).
    3)When you have two horses that are difficult to train, near the same level breed them together to get one horse near the same level who trains faster. Buy a new horse.
    4)Keep upgrading your stable as you can.
    5)Upgrade your training grounds as well.
    6) repeat as necessary
    The rest, along with time, will take care of itself. :)

-Y
  • cabo (INT1)cabo (INT1) Posts: 360
    edited 31.01.2015
    I may be way off base here, as I am thinking in "real world" terms. In the horse world, Thoroughbreds normally excell in racing and jumping events. Arabians generally excell in the more refined events, such as dressage. It's possible the solution is to train a "Thoroughbred" (high in racing or jumping) and train an Arabian (high in dressage) and pair the two of them. I am giving it a shot and I will let ya'll know what happens!
  • Jumbo Whiffy (GB1)Jumbo Whiffy (GB1) Posts: 44
    edited 04.02.2015
    my horse has a red circle with a no. 1 inside it next to it. When I hover my cursor over it says 'common'. what does this mean????
    edited 04.02.2015
    That is the breeding quality of the horse. Common is 1.

-Y
  • cabo (INT1)cabo (INT1) Posts: 360
    edited 05.02.2015
    I may be way off base here, as I am thinking in "real world" terms. In the horse world, Thoroughbreds normally excell in racing and jumping events. Arabians generally excell in the more refined events, such as dressage. It's possible the solution is to train a "Thoroughbred" (high in racing or jumping) and train an Arabian (high in dressage) and pair the two of them. I am giving it a shot and I will let ya'll know what
    happens!

Well, it worked!! I got my Breeding Quality 2 horse!
    edited 05.02.2015
    Well done!

-Y
  • TXGma (US1)TXGma (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    edited 06.02.2015
    I admit to not reading the long instructions that came to my coop, but I trained my first horse and raced it with some success. It got to the silver level and then I mistakenly bred two horses. My first one is gone but the foal that came after breeding went into the races where my other one left off. Its getting slammed in all the races at that level. So, the best thing I can do now--is just train this one more and more use the special press.
  • RiznizRizniz Posts: 20
    edited 10.02.2015
    What kind of horse can I get when Buying A horse for 500 horseshoes. What training level will it have. Will I have to train it from scratch or will it b e same as my first horse. I have only one horse now
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 11.02.2015
    You do not buy a horse for 500 horseshoes, you breed two horses. This means:
    1. Two parent horses will disapear
    2. A new horse will have the average training values of its parents
    3. A new horse will be easier to train (needs less horseshoes for the same result)

or

You can buy a new horse for 10 golden horseshoes:
    1. if you have a large enough stable
    2. this horse will start with 0 atributes.

With a new update it will be posible to buy allready trained horses, but now that is not possible
  • AngieGamer71 (US1)AngieGamer71 (US1) Posts: 117
    edited 11.02.2015
    The horse quality level in my cases have been questionable at best... I had a BV 58 Q1, and a BV 60 Q1, went to breed, no chance of raising quality level.. so for fun I plugged in my BV 15 with no quality level and BAM!! "chance for higher quality" was there...

This makes absolutely no sense. Why on earth is the chance for a Q2 not there with 2 great horses that are already Q1, but with a great and a newbie, it is? Obviously I am not going to waste my Trained BV 60 on a BV 15 and get a 35 foal in hopes that it will be Q2.
  • MarcelleMarcelle Posts: 1
    edited 12.02.2015
    I too had 2 horses at breeding level 12 and 11. After breeding The parents are gone and I have only 1 horse (the child) left. What can i do?
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 12.02.2015
    Marcelle wrote: »
    I too had 2 horses at breeding level 12 and 11. After breeding The parents are gone and I have only 1 horse (the child) left. What can i do?

Thats correct, the child is a way better horse, you will see when you start to train it, it will train wayyyyyyyy faster. :)
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 12.02.2015
    Marcelle- unfortunately when you breed you loose a horse it is stated in the official announcement that it will/does happen:

"A new tab in the stable menu allows you to access the breeding menu.
    You can mate 2 horses in order to get a new foal. The parents will leave after this process, in order to make way for the new generation."

To read more about the breeding process please refer to the official announcement and any other announcements with the information about the horses:

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?127726-Update-December-11th-Horse-breeding-and-other-surprises

Good luck.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 12.02.2015
    Hey Scissors, Those pair of lethal looking implements are not for the stallions who under perform are there ! Mind you I know where they could be used.
  • mightymaw (US1)mightymaw (US1) Posts: 20
    edited 12.02.2015
    I have had the same problem with losing my horses. I bought 2 more and are training them. I get 2 of the training sessions and the 3rd goes to intense training, which cost a lot more horseshoes. I don't want intensive training (that are on 2 of my horses) If I can't get rid of the intensive training, that is it for me on the horses.
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 12.02.2015
    mightymaw wrote: »
    I don't want intensive training (that are on 2 of my horses) If I can't get rid of the intensive training, that is it for me on the horses.

The only way to "get rid of" the intensive training is to make sure you stop the slider before it goes in to intensive. Depending on what levels your training areas are that might differ a bit but it's up to you to place that little slider that decides how many horse shoes you want to use up.
  • Majasmor (SKN1)Majasmor (SKN1) Posts: 4
    edited 16.02.2015
    I can't figure it out. How do I Make/breed a horse with quality 2?
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 16.02.2015
    Majasmor wrote: »
    I can't figure it out. How do I Make/breed a horse with quality 2?

It seems to be random. Very random!

Some people have gotten a quality 2 horse after breeding high value horses. Others after breeding two very uneven horses.
    The leader of my co-op got hers after breeding a mid-level quality 1 horse with a low-level horse without any quality.

Some just never seem to get that quality 2 horse no matter what they do. I'm one of them. :(

Just keep trying!
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 16.02.2015
    Seeker1 wrote: »
    I thought I'd post this while the server is down for maintenance :huh:have side task that says: Crossing and pairing: have one horse with breeding quality lvl 2below that it says 1 / 2My stable is level 4, Im on the set of tasks that says: earn 2,500 gold shoes, I have just 1 horse in my stable now which has gone through about 4 or 5 breedings,that horse is level 60+ on all 3 training categories,the breeding QUALITY is level 1.Now Im wondering, it says 1 / 2, where's this quality level 2 horse???I would have emmediately noticed a breeding quality 2 and kept it aside......since the best I've seen so far is a quality 1.Total confusion NOW !?( :huh: :?:Attachment not found.

That is a game typo error. You will need to have 2 horses each level 2 Breeding quality to complete that task.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If anyone has any sure way to get a level 2 Breeding quality horse please share.

I have breed many horses some with and with out level 1 Breeding quality. I have breed with 3 and 4 generation foals, I have breed with low trained and high trained and yet to get a level 2.

I did buy one with gold but still need a second one in order to finish the task.

I would really like to know the secret to breeding a level 2 Breeding quality foal.
    edited 17.02.2015
    Well I think I've shared a few times (even in this thread)... at first I bred for effects. That is, at level 10, 20, 35 etc. And I never got Qualities. When I started ignoring that, and just following the simple...: train until its hard, then breed two like leveled horses: simple. I get my quality 1s usually with 14s and got my 2nd 2 with a 43 and a 45... where 50 would be the breeding effect cut off. I don't recall my first two, other than I didn't expect it.

-Y
Sign In to comment.