Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: More Than One Building Slot

Comments

• BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 15.01.2015
    Samty wrote: »
    Even if there was a change of heart and two buildings slots were introduced upgrades and additional plots get very costly indeed. I think you would very soon run out of Dollars.

It don't cost dollars to upgrade on the horse farm, it cost competition horseshoes.
    - the horse farm have it's own economy.
    Do I need to say more?

But else you're right Samty. :)
  • LexiatelLexiatel Posts: 146
    edited 15.01.2015
    I'd like this too. Or at least one for demolishing and one for building. Or a separate slot from the island farms and the main farms. I'd be happy with that too.

But yeah... don't see it happening.
  • Eeme01 (SKN1)Eeme01 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 37
    edited 23.01.2015
    Since this island / viking farm seems to be almost all the time available and we must always build it on the beginning it would be fair to separate normal farm building and island / viking farm building from each others. You should be able to build both at the same time.
  • Sabee6Sabee6 Posts: 32
    edited 23.01.2015
    I wonder if there would be any benefit in making a suggestion to the "powers that be" that these sidebar excursions from the airport are fun, but frustrating and after a couple of times doing it and having it all disappear, it's just not fun anymore..... would it help if we individually, or as a coop made such a suggestion?? Does anyone in our coop know any "Big Cheeses" over at Big Farm Central Control?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 23.01.2015
    You only have to read the forum to discover that both your proposals have been made many, many, many times in the past. There are many threads to be found on topic.

This is a strategic game, full of challenges.... Having just 1 building slot is one of the challenges in the game and if we would be given more, we would soon find out that we would never have the money to build/demolish on more than 1 farm at the same time.
    And yes, having all these different events coming by back-to-back is another challenge: to figure out for yourself whether to do the event or skip it, whether to put your precious time/money in your 3 main farms or in the event, etc. etc....

I, for one, love these challenges, and the daily question whether I can resist the temptation of playing the event, and/or am able to make the right strategic decisions in this game. Of course, the game could do without all the competitiveness (a bit much to my taste), but I would not want the game itself to be made any easier!

Happy farming! ;)
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 27.01.2015
    Its really easy for high level players to enjoy the "challenge" of only one building slot.....They come in and post that, every time somebody dares to suggest otherwise.

One building slot might have been a suitable challenge for when players only had one farm, that is what it was originally developed for, way back when.

Now two years have passed and we have three farms and less than a weeks gap between temporary farms. The current situation calls for more building slots, at least to provide a separate one for the temporary event farm. Some of the massive published profits ought to be used to do that.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 27.01.2015
    Don't forget that higher level players didn't start as higher level players, but worked their way up from lvl 1 like everyone else :)

-Y
  • Erza53Erza53 Posts: 1
    edited 01.02.2015
    we should be able to build more than 1 thing on the farm at a time
  • cheryl3 (GB1)cheryl3 (GB1) Posts: 28
    edited 01.02.2015
    I agree with BriannospamDK's points. When it was just the 3 main farms, one building slot was fine. But the game is a whole lot more complex now, with a couple of completely separate development areas (horse ranch and island/Viking farm) that sit apart from the main farms. The whole design of the Viking/island events entails a continuous process of building/upgrading, which makes it impossible to do any building/upgrading on the main farms or horse ranch while they're running. And it seems the architect only ever appears now when the Viking/island event is running, which means it's no longer possible to do any architect upgrades. I don't think it's a problem for the horse ranch to share slot with the main farms, but the Viking/island events should have their own building slot.
  • emilylennox (US1)emilylennox (US1) Posts: 217
    edited 01.02.2015
    I think that is a good idea when trying to get to the next level
    (like me)... Because when you need 190 more points that is a great idea!
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 02.02.2015
    Agree...the temp island events need to have it's own building slot and the horse ranch needs to have it's own as well. The temp farm events are back to back and much time is spent building and upgrading to only tear it down and do it again and again. This leaves no time for building or upgrading on the main farms, ranch, or the long winded architect upgrades.

This is a real problem for lower levels who still have quite a ways to go on their main farms...a problem higher levels did not have to deal with when completing their main farms. They didn't have to multitask one build slot for a ranch farm, 3 main farms, and constantly build brand new island farms with a 30 day time limit to do it....>> much less had to fund all these additions at the same time they were building their main farms. Lower levels are getting hammered GGS because you didn't re-balance other features of the game to be able to keep up with the new additions.
    I am just not sure you realize how much of a negative impact this has created for lower levels.

1 build slot for 3 main farms was one thing...but we are no longer only building and upgrading 3 farms
    8|
  • katmorr (AU1)katmorr (AU1) Posts: 96
    edited 02.02.2015
    Am I playing the same game??? Upgrades didn't cost me so many"million bucks"
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 02.02.2015
    katmorr wrote: »
    Am I playing the same game??? Upgrades didn't cost me so many"million bucks"

Maybe you not yet have top upgrade e.g. the bakery to level 5 (7.5 million), 6 or 7, or the flower shop to level 7 (20 millions)
  • frangamer ()frangamer () Posts: 36
    edited 02.02.2015
    the only time I wish there was a separate building slot is for the temp farms as they take time away from my main 3 farms, it is more difficult knowing it will only be for a month as there is a lot of builds needed on the island farm.
  • nanadb (INT1)nanadb (INT1) Posts: 4
    edited 03.02.2015
    Building one thing at the time was ok befoure horses and 4th farm. And all events are in the same time. So I have tu upgrade my stables bild my 4. farm and continue with my regular buissines on 3 farms. Is it not better to give us oportuniti to bild all after all we will by more gold. Or drasticly resize time of building at list for time limited part of game.
    edited 03.02.2015
    I have decided once this island event is over i will be completely abandoning both the Island and Ranch. What ever seeds and horseshoes are left will be used but once they are gone they are gone. I am focusing on completing my main farms first from here on out. The only way to do that is to dedicate the build slot to the main farms around the clock, instead of allowing the build slot to be consumed by the Island and Ranch. All i am doing is spinning my wheels right now by trying to build and upgrade 3 farms, a Ranch and the Island all at the same time...with one build slot.

I have already stated how i feel about the island really needing it's own build slot, but until that happens, i wash my hands of the Island and Ranch until my main farms are completed...and that is quite a ways off unfortunately.
    ;(

• Romel822 (GB1)Romel822 (GB1) Posts: 6
    edited 14.02.2015
    Unlike Goodgame empire and shadow kings where we are given individual construction slots Big farm provides only one. I find this very annoying as i can't make progress simultaneously in other farms and have to wait till one in some farm has finished off specially the longer upgrades. I think it will be better to give us individual slots for each Farms.

Please have your say on this
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 14.02.2015
    It has been suggested often, but GGS doesn't want it here. They want more strategy and planning in this game, no rushing to get it all done.
  • edited 15.02.2015
    I prefer the one slot too... It does take some thought to figure things out, but to me that is half the fun right there!
    edited 15.02.2015
    For me too Jojo! And now with the island and the horse competition, I had to make choices again on what to build :) Was very nice!
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 15.02.2015
    The strategy and planning are certainly what has hooked me with this game. If it was easier I would have been bored months ago.
    edited 15.02.2015
    Yup, for me too Uncle John! I've been playing for well over 2 years now and still interested.
    edited 16.02.2015
    It was brought up and understandably not implemented because we were ONLY dealing with 3 farms where one build slot was enough. Those were the good old easy days ...that is...compared to trying to do it now with ongoing island farms and a horse ranch. This is why it's being brought up again.

It's easy to call it fun planning and strategy when "most or all" of your main farms were already or mostly completed before these new additions were added to the game. I think if GGS experienced a system wipe out and everyone had to redo a good portion of their main farms with these new additions that they did not have to deal with before, we would be seeing a totally different tune about fun, planning and strategy with one build slot from these players. The build and upgrade aspect of game play has been thrown out of balance big time. This game just moves way too slow now unless you have completed or darn near completed your main farms.

Yes there is the option to drop the island farm and ranch which i have done because their is no strategy or planning other then dropping the new additions when you only have one build slot for a ranch, 3 unfinished main farms, and island farms that have never ending building and upgrading that is ongoing as well. But having to drop these new additions makes it now very boring and not fun when you have to go back to repetitive game play of 3 farms when you have been exposed to new expansive game play...which is why i don't play as much anymore. I check in once maybe twice a day...maybe every other day now just to initiate builds and upgrades and earn some money to pay for it. I use to play all the time because there was a sense of accomplishment and a decent pace, but now it just feels like a repetitive boring job anymore to get anywhere in this game that offers something interesting and different.
  • edited 16.02.2015
    DeAnna777 wrote: »
    It was brought up and understandably not implemented because we were ONLY dealing with 3 farms where one build slot was enough. Those were the good old easy days ...that is...compared to trying to do it now with ongoing island farms and a horse ranch. This is why it's being brought up again.

It's easy to call it fun planning and strategy when "most or all" of your main farms were already or mostly completed before these new additions were added to the game. I think if GGS experienced a system wipe out and everyone had to redo a good portion of their main farms with these new additions that they did not have to deal with before, we would be seeing a totally different tune about fun, planning and strategy with one build slot from these players. The build and upgrade aspect of game play has been thrown out of balance big time. This game just moves way too slow now unless you have completed or darn near completed your main farms.

Yes there is the option to drop the island farm and ranch which i have done because their is no strategy or planning other then dropping the new additions when you only have one build slot for a ranch, 3 unfinished main farms, and island farms that have never ending building and upgrading that is ongoing as well. But having to drop these new additions makes it now very boring and not fun when you have to go back to repetitive game play of 3 farms when you have been exposed to new expansive game play...which is why i don't play as much anymore. I check in once maybe twice a day...maybe every other day now just to initiate builds and upgrades and earn some money to pay for it. I use to play all the time because there was a sense of accomplishment and a decent pace, but now it just feels like a repetitive boring job anymore to get anywhere in this game that offers something interesting and different.

It has nothing to do with having your farm built up before all the changes or not, as much as it is where you are with your farm now... People need to ask themselves if they are at a level the changes were designed for? Are the able to tackle those extras? Or, do they need to make the decision to focus on their main farms?

My farm is less than a year old, just barely, and not completely maxed out. I still manage a single building slot just fine, even with running temp farms on occasion! Haven't played them all.

The building slot is fine if you are just starting out too. All of these extras are meant for the people who are higher level, so it makes sense that it is easier for the higher level, more built up farms to do something with only having the one build space.

The lower level farms can use the temp farms and horse stables etc, of course, but the should also realize it is well out of their farm's capabilities for awhile too and not try to over do it... Play the other parts sparingly. They should be using the building slot for the 3 main farms, that is the point. If they choose to use it on the money pits, aka the temp farms, that is how they play. The game should not be changed to accommodate that style of play.

The game is about strategic play, and decision making, etc, as much as it is a farm game. They can build their farms up just like any of the higher level farms did too. Just ignore the extras, except the lovely benefits of the boat perhaps. Good money to be made there!

If they make the choice to ignore the main farms and play something else, then they made that choice.

I've started farms on other servers that are still "small" farms and don't need a second slot at all!! I love the challenge of it!! I also wisely made the decision to NOT open the island farms on those yet. I'm growing my little farms and building them up. No second slot needed! I don't feel like I'm losing out on anything either! You aren't losing out. If people realized that, then it wouldn't be such a big deal!!

If I can do it with a small farm, so can any other player. I made the choice on how to play it and they can too.
    edited 16.02.2015
    Yes Jojo, i understand one doesn't have to play the ranch or the island farms which is why i stated that i realize that is a option.

What i am saying is i am bored and losing interest. I have been playing the same old 3 farms for a year now.. A YEAR!!! and still have quite a ways to go! this rate of game progression is insane and no longer fun..nothing is being added that adds to the main farms to keep them fresh and interesting..nothing is being added to keep them from becoming repetitive and boring... they totally killed the missions and the events have been dead for some time now with the exception of adding co-op events which doesn't apply to non co-op players.

Had i known GGS was going to abandon the main farms the way they have and not add or at least improve things like the missions and events to add some form of game play to the otherwise dead and boring farms, i would have walked away a long time ago... but this is the route they have chosen, so now the issue is progressing at the speed of molasses now just to get to something new and different in this game
  • Carolaturner (GB1)Carolaturner (GB1) GB1 Posts: 38
    edited 17.02.2015
    I agree with what is in many ways about having only 1 building slot on the 3 main farms but it would be nice to have one slot on the island and the viking farm as they are only here for a short while. it makes it quite difficult to finish those with out spending a lot of gold, i do not mind spending some gold but can not afford to buy a lot i know ggs have refused in the past but perhaps they could think again. thank you here hoping?(
  • Romel822 (GB1)Romel822 (GB1) Posts: 6
    edited 17.02.2015
    Many people are getting it wrong about the construction slots. Many think it is building 2 things on the same farm together. I did not mean that when i created the thread. I wanted separate slots for separate farms. One for main one for gourmet one for flower one for island and the ranch should be separate altogether. Yes I agree that that higher upgrades require much money but hey you can buy money for gold and u can save them up to start different things at the different farms. Moreover the gourmet, flower don't start from the very beginning they come at certain levels by time where you save up much dollars. Also there are things in one farm which are used in others and require quite a large amount of them. Unless you get them to higher levels you have to wait a long time. For instance i havent done a "fruit cake with cream" even once since it was introduced cuz i cant have that large number in quick time. Neither can i go for upgrades in the gourmet and flower cuz i'm concentrating on main. And i have lost interest to be honest. Its all the same going on. The island and Ranch are useless totally.

The benefit of having separate slots for separate castle in empire helps a lot as you can build youself easily over different castle and transport resource to build up the other castles. We have 3 farms dependent on each other and we need to build them up to support production on the other and collect more money to build more.

To use the slots is totally dependent on players, they will know what suits them the best and for two construction slots, introduce something like crane in Empire which requires gold to build.

Hope i've made my thoughts clear. Keep the thread going with your views and questions and if you have any questions on my thoughts fell free to ask. Happy Farming
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 17.02.2015
    Some players are clearly happy with only one building slot. Well to those of you who are, you continue to be happy and **choose ** to use only ONE, whilst the rest of us will choose to use multiple, as and when we are able to, just as soon as they might be supplied as a game improvement. Everyone is then happy.

No? Everyone is not happy? Oh! Perhaps it could be sour grapes causing the unhappiness? Let's hope not. The mentality of, "I only had one building slot when I started, so everyone who follows must only get one too" is quite destructive.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 17.02.2015
    Pameow wrote: »
    Some players are clearly happy with only one building slot. Well to those of you who are, you continue to be happy and **choose ** to use only ONE, whilst the rest of us will choose to use multiple, as and when we are able to, just as soon as they might be supplied as a game improvement. Everyone is then happy.

No? Everyone is not happy? Oh! Perhaps it could be sour grapes causing the unhappiness? Let's hope not. The mentality of, "I only had one building slot when I started, so everyone who follows must only get one too" is quite destructive.

I don`t think its a case of "sour grapes" at all. Early on in the game upgrades are cheap, so it always feels like it would be better to be able to do multiple things at the same time. As your farm progresses, upgrades become expensive & take longer, to allow you time to save up for the next one. The game is designed to be a gradual process, but to cater for those that prefer a faster pace, they include speedups which cost gold & thats probably the main reason they will never add another building slot, because it would reduce gold spending.

Having said that, I actually do think there should be a seperate slot for the island farms. They are events with a time limit, so you are forced to concentrate your building there & as there is always something that needs building or upgrading, you pretty much have no progress on your main farms while the island is running (at least for the 1st 3 weeks). It could be argued that the islands are aimed at higher level players & as such they have most of their main building already done, but in reality thats not the case, because the horse ranch opens around level 18/19 & the islands at level 30, so players are "encouraged" to use them at a time when there is a lot of building required on their main farms. So I would definately agree with a suggestion for a seperate slot there.
  • little cowgirl (US1)little cowgirl (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    edited 06.03.2015
    please let us do more then one up grade at a time it would be nice if you could at
    least do two at a time one on one farm and another one on another farm:)
This discussion has been closed.